/brg/ Blade Runner 2049 General

Impressions and analysis continued 3.0

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NujlXgBmUoU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want to see it again but I need my FUCKING movie pass

What should be some essential literature to accompany BR 2049? Beside "Pale Fire" and "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep".

deckard is a replicant

Asimov

I was wondering when the reddit general would arrive. You just know that anything that gets a reddit general on Sup Forums does so because it's shit and attracts faggots

Joi bestt girl

You mean normal people don't survive thirty years in toxic wastelands on nothing but whiskey and synthetic honey? I wa shock!

>attracts faggots
Explains why you got here so quick

Spice and Wolf to remind you you will never EVER have your waifu love you back

;_;

*inhale*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OK fine, that pic convinced me, I'm getting of my ass and going to the kinoplex for the first time since Star Trek Into Darkness came out which I enjoyed because I'm a sucker for ST.

This shit better not disappoint, fuck I'm definitely not looking forward to stepping outside or interacting with the cashier.

> Lars Lindstrom, our protagonist, is a strange, isolated young man who has a mail-order love doll named Bianca as a girlfriend and waifu
> eventually Bianca "dies", and Lars moves on to 3DPD
> there is a time-gap here, and Lars has broken up with Margo (if they were ever truly together in the first place) and has started a new life in Miami to get away from his socially awkward past
> he realizes that while he is socially retarded, he is extremely good at certain things like driving and becomes a professional getaway driver for robberies
> falls in love with a 3DPD who turns out to be a roastie
> decides to help out her husband and ultimately when shit goes south uses his autistic retard strength to take out the mafia presence and provide 3DPD with some safety at the cost of his life
> bleeding out, he drives away and enters a fever dream, a futuristic purgatory where he is tormented with the notion of not being "a real man" and once again relies on a 2D waifu, a more animated version of Bianca
> 2D waifu is everything he could dream of, but dies
> goes through a long, arduous journey to finally become a real human bean and decides to take his destiny into his own hands, no longer a pawn of any side, doing what he believes to be right
> loses his "life" again, bleeding out from the same wound as before, and the fever dream comes to an end as he passes on into the dark while remembering his brother's words:

"You grow up when you decide to do right, and not what's right for you , what's right for everybody even when it hurts."

What did they MEAN by this? What was the message?

Why not make a more apt comparison with IT(2017)? Boss Baby is a PG movie and would obviously have more people in its seats.

Where does this rate on the Gosling Autism scale? I don't think he's quite Driver or Lars autistic but it's up there.

>implying a terrible box office is bad
That just means there won't be 30 sequels and a Blade Runner cinematic universe.

deckard is NO replicant

ffs stop that shit

>Roy's final lines in the original are "all these moments will be lost, in time..."
>2049's final lines are "just a moment. Isn't it beautiful?"
For some reason this got to me

Did the daughter know what she was?

Was she working with the replicants?

Did she know what Kay was?

Why did they make her so CUTE?

I genuinely nearly cried at the ending. All the emotion around Goose's character arc and the snow. It was all so beautiful.
And then the credits came up and the group of people behind me (basically the only other people in the theatre) said the ending made no sense and the movie should have been an hour shorter, which added a whole new layer of sadness to it all.

>mfw some thot in the row behind me said that she slept through most of the movie and didn't understand a thing that happened

>Blade Runner 2049's soundtrack isn't goo-

youtube.com/watch?v=NujlXgBmUoU

this.
I just hope he can do his Dune, tho.

Wallace track is cool.

Any anons have seen it in 3D? I saw it in 2D first but the only english-language showings here are in 3D

How many times do I have to go see it before the movie makes its money back? It's not fair that something so good must suffer because of retarded audiences.

Where did you watch it? Because the exact same thing happenned to me, and the autist in the next seat looked like a channer

I was sitting with a bunch of old people funnily enough.

Gonna watch it again tomorrow with a friend
why is this kino so good lads

Yeah, there were old people in front of me too, and a few stacies to my right from whom the comment came, and a guy between me and them. Was it in le Cezanne or is this just a funny coincidence?

Watched it last week
Gonna watch it today in 3D
Gonna bring my mom next weekend for a third screening

I'll make up for not being old enough to be able to watch the original '82 movie

No, just a coincidence. Roasties gonna roast I suppose.

>completely thrilled by the movie
>take a quick glance to the sides
>people sleeping
>women leaving
At least there was a group of teens behind me that seemed quite into it.

It doesn't matter.

What will you do if your waifu is paraded and advertised naked like this?
;-;

Half the movie theater was empty, only old people or loners came. And then there's this pack of beurettes that came in, I legit wondered if they didn't make a mistake coming to see 2049 in an original language version

Which one is better? 2049 or 2019?

I still prefer 2019 but 2049 is almost as good.
My only issue is how there wasn't enough silence in certain scenes, where some talking felt forced.

>You look lonely I can fix that

2049 is more entertaining over all, but it's really hard to top the tears in rain speech.

>generals for a movie that flopped

if they spent their money on the movie instead of viral marketing, it might have helped

>beurettes

Doesn't this word only exist in french ?

I went see the movie the day it came out (pretty small theater because the big ones only have dubbed versions) and the room was full. I think everybody liked it. Guess I was lucky.

2019 - 7.5/10
2049 - 9.5/10

A big problem with 2019 is that Ford, who we spend a lot of time with, is not interesting at all.

One of my favourite shots of the whole mole was the shot of Goose after advert joi walks away, where everything in frame is just blue as he accepts the reality that the love was never real.
I know it's basically symbolism 101, but i love that shit.

2019 all the way. You can't get better than the original, the setting, and the music too which was a big plus. There was a sort of very fine, breezy quality to it. 2049's ambient is good too but there's too much of the generic "ominous heavy bass" sounds

Doesn't exist in english, but "arab roasties" would make no sense.

I was prepared to hate Ford in 2049, but he actually tried. Why the fuck is Deckard so much more interesting (and dangerous) in the sequel than the original movie?

I wanted more of this character. Especially after seeing the 2048 internet "prequel".

desu I think its because there's a competent director at the helm and Ford realizes how important Blade Runner is to its cult following now, well after the first movie was released. Somehow that cult following has resonated with him and he even goes to such lengths as to argue with Scott about the replicant thing. Meanwhile Star Wars is just this kind of adolescent Naruto-tier thing in his eyes and he doesn't give a fuck.

Ford was born to play a gritty old man, we just had to wait for him to actually get old

>he spent 30 years there
SAYS WHO

>it was toxic/irradiated
SAYS WHO

>he only had whiskey and honey and no means of making supply runs
SAYS WHO?

SAYS WHO

watch Spectre

its telling when the most memorable part of your movie was an unscripted improv from an actor

>went with a girl
>she didnt saw the original ,didnt even know it existed
>dont care ill just concentrate on the film
>retards on front laughing about god knows why
>guy in the back seems bored and anxious making drum rythms in the chair and weird sounds.
>girl thinks its K the real son and she says the movie is predictabld
>i stay silent
>she gets her mind blown
>some guy behind was constantly saying "What the fuck" with every twist
>film ends
>people didnt like it
>"hey did you like it?"
>girl seems excited, said shell watch the old one. discuss it with her all night
a kino night.

yes, it's telling that that actor was a genius

Nothing because that wasn't his waifu - it was just the surface of what she can become, a shell. His waifu was unique and only he had her - all that mattered was in that little stick that got crushed ;_;

She was like Wall-E - there were many Wall-Es but just one of them was OUR Wall-E

It was technically scripted, he didn't just decide to say that entire speech while the camera was on him. He came up with it before filming and got approval to say it.

i hope it all works out user, im glad you had a good time

The Kinopass is game changing senpai

>take gf
>she is asleep for a lot of it
>what did you think?
>'it was so loong, if it was interesting i wouldnt mind but it's not, it's just boring.'

I never quite understood how that came to be, how did they end up letting Hauer come up with his own bullshit for that scene, what did they plan originally? Did they just not fucking care what the main antagonist would say in the fucking climax of the movie?

Was their intention that Roy Batty has gone completely insane so he might as well say some random nonsense and they didn't even care what it was? And then the actor came up with the best line in the entire movie?

I've been waiting over 7 weeks now for it, I'm so pissed. I just refuse to pay for more than one movie a month so long as the pass is coming

would legit break up

>gf legitimately tells me she can't stand movies that last more than 2 hours
at least she reads. if she was nothing but a pinterest/instagram/sitcom addict we'd have a problem

sad, when i finished it i told my pals they should see it. one sent a screencap of a chat with a girl saying she got bored and like anxious cause it was too slow for her and she wanted to get out of the film.

>at least she reads
the horoscope or actual books?

You must be from burgerland.

I thought the main character being played by Ryan Gosling would be enough for most women.

>Was their intention that Roy Batty has gone completely insane so he might as well say some random nonsense and they didn't even care what it was?
The entire point of that sequence is how batty is alive and experiencing everything and reveling on so many different feelings and emotions that he shows more humanity than any human in the film.
Letting Hauer come up with something is fine because it's about finding the inner self and peace.
>And then the actor came up with the best line in the entire movie?
The line was almost the same just with the tears in the rain and some couple things added.
After hauer improvised it they thought it was amazing and stuck with that.

actual books. she reads more than I do, and not just twilight/hunger games crap

Was she open source or proprietary trash?

She was made by Wallace Corp, and I think it's safe to assume they have that shit on lockdown.

They should have made two versions of this, one for americans and women and one for regular people.

>open source
>in a capitalistic system

does she appear as that avatar to everyone or was she automatically taylored to be appealing to whoever was looking at her?

no lad, actually froma land you wouldnt guess.

I imagine 'attractive naked woman' covers most people

It is weird that all of them would have the same face.

Maybe Ana de Arma is the default face, and K was too lazy to change it?

>cuckold wanting open source roasties
>letting everyone touch her source code
lel

nah, i need mine to be asian

I think she's supposed to be a 3D projection into actual physical space. That means she would look the same to everyone.

If she was done using AR instead (like everyone wearing AR contact lenses or something) you could have her look different to everyone.

True, but the ad recognizes him. Doesn't she call him Joe? So it could be accessing his account and projecting the body of the Joi he created.

That would be pretty fucked up, though, so that probably isn't the case. You're just walking on a bridge, then you're personal waifu gets projected 200 feet tall, for everyone in the neighborhood to see? I'd die. First of all, how would I explain her penis?

You can customize her I think. There was a brief second where they showed different options, but I didn't get a good look at them.

The point of calling him Joe is that she calls every man Joe. He was never truly special to her.

I'm guessing english isn't your first language? You know what a regular Joe means?

I think you'r'e reading it wrong. That would be pretty fucked up if that were the intent.

but that's why the hologram calls him "joe".
she calls everyone joe
she calls everyone her "joe"

"Joe..."

It's supposed to be fucked up. Did you somehow forget this is Blade Runner?

So newer Replicants actually aged like humans?

i mean if that's true its pretty cool for the theme of the film, but if you look at it in terms of an actual product it'd be fucking retarded to have it call every customer 'joe'.

you're probably right, but it's counter intuitive to have your product designed to be a bespoke partner for losers to refer to everyone else as the same name. I'm assuming those things aren't just for replicants too. Most people already have a name.

Yes. She recognized his implanted memory as her own. She was actually kind of a cunt for not telling him. Maybe she was scared because of his autistic scream before he stormed out if the room.

There are people on this board that legitimately think that Deckard is a replicant when the entire point of the exchange between him and Wallace was Wallace was trying to convince Deckard that Rachaels feelings for him werent real and she was simply programmed to like him. It irrelevant if he's human or not

It's a nickname. K didn't have a name to begin with so I guess she had to resort to the generic nickname

He's not a new one, that's his natural form if you judge him by how he was in the '48 short

her ass is kino

Deliberate Me!Me!Me! reference?

This
The american version would be 1:30 with capeshit and annoying loud bass, and
Also Jared Leto will be replaced by Jamie Foxx