Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fPLkzskWmq8
youtu.be/ioOp1rUvLNM
youtube.com/watch?v=t7bdxX6uMss
youtube.com/watch?v=-IEpy3PWH8Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder

GUYS

I'm not saying you retroactively memed that into the TV Movie but that's definitely what happened

Reminder that 3 weeks until filming and we have almost no news

utter hype

Reminder that audios

How has your day been /who/?

Is the formatting of the EDAs in the book MEGA generally fine?

I watched Creature from the Pit with my Dad, listened to St. Vincent's discography and learned how to play Oh! You Pretty Things on piano

pussied out of talking to a girl at uni what about you?

>

I think so, yes. If they aren't, I have them all downloaded from another source, with proper formatting, so just let me know. There are some weird typos in each version, but that's just a byproduct of the conversion to ebook, and it's easy enough to work out what each of the words are meant to be.

What did your dad think of it?
I'm fine just planning my research for my essays. Don't beat yourself up mate, I'm assuming you like her and it wasn't just cos she was a woman, but I'd say just ask her or just chat. Worst case scenario is that she says no and honestly I know that feels super shitty, but genuinely it's ask or die not knowing what could've been, don't live a life of maybes. On top of that, I had a similar situation in May and for all sorts of complex reasons I was super depressed and asked out a girl and it didn't go well and kinda scuppered our friendship, but in the wake of that I've been happier than I've been in the last decade so a 'no' certainly the worst thing to happen ever. Best of luck either way

hey cheers for the advice mate, im not really worried or anything about it i just sorta spazzed a bit. asking her outs probably not a bad idea desu ive got nothing to lose.

Writing.

? Secret sauce? How suspicious of you!

I'll just pretend the typos are the TARDIS translation circuits on the fritz, or the fitz rather, heh...

>Worst case scenario is that she says no and honestly I know that feels super shitty, but genuinely it's ask or die not knowing what could've been, don't live a life of maybes.
This this this this this, always this. People shouldn't live in the negative spaces of their own lives.

I dont know if it's like the fear of rejection or thinking they're out of your league or both. even though neither of those should stop anyone from taking the risk, it still does.

Think I might start working on my story today. Neo, if you were in the stream with Raxim you know the one.

How long should it be? Where should I submit it after I'm done? Should I just post it now or wait until ST 2.5?

# #

Awesome.

1st Doctor - Man Who Sold World

This album was according to Bowie his most Anthony Newley album, a British comedian and singer/songwriter who he idolised growing up. Anthony Newley had fondness for all things English and his desire of wanting to get back there some day which for me perfectly describes first Doctor especially his first two companions Ian and Barbara.

2nd Doctor - Space Oddity

The first real Bowie album as in it's first real album of his that shows us glimpses of genius he was later to become. Sounds like second Doctor to me.

3rd Doctor - Heroes

This album was written when Bowie felt he was most trapped in his life not only by his crippling drug addiction and personal demons (such as breakup of his marriage) but also by his former record label who stole millions of dollars from hi in unpaid royalties so perfect album for Doctor who's incarnation spent most of his time stuck on planet earth.

4th Doctor - Ziggy Stardust

The most commercial album and most classic one out of his entire catalogue. Forget about your own personal preferences you ask most people to name you Bowie album this is one that most people would name. In other words it's fourth doctor as this is Tom Baker of Bowie albums.

5th Doctor - Low

After a series of popular and commercial albums this is first album of his that started to alienate some fans as he looked to do something different with himself that wasn't just retread or rehash of what has gone in before. In otHer words Fifth Doctor.

6th Doctor - Scary Monsters

The most eighties sounding album he did and one later on led him to recorded some of his worst material such as album Never Let Me Down. It's sixth Doctor of Bowie Albums.

how do i get into bowie? seeing people here that are really passionate about him makes me interested

Just gotta get out of your mind and just act.

Submissions won't open up until at least December. Can be as short as you want, I wouldn't make it a behemoth beyond like 8000 words though if I were you. I'd wait until ST2.5 prep starts heating up which will probably be mid December. Sometimes it's good to write a story then leave it for a while then come back and edit it later, clears the mind.

It's cool how many fans there are here definitely, I'm a relative noob so not the best to give recs

7th Doctor - Lodger

A dark album with occasional moments of brilliance followed by complete moments of crap. It's seventh Doctor of Bowie albums.

8th Doctor - The Next Day

No other reason but for cover which was clever copy of cover of his album Heroes. As many people saw Paul McGann as younger clone of Jon Pertwee that's why I picked this as I originally picked album Heroes for third Doctor.

War Doctor - Black Star

An album he wrote not just as tribute to his fans but album he wrote knowing that he was dying fighting something he knew he was never going to win. Sounds like John Hurt War Doctor to me.

9th Doctor - Diamond Dogs

Originally going to be concept album based on Orwell 1984. After he couldn't get rights to it decided to do his own dystopian nightmare style album about bunch of war torn people from bombed out city just trying to survive. It's ninth doctor of Bowie albums.

10th Doctor - Aladdin Sane

The most fun and commercial selling of Bowie albums, perfect for Tenth Doctor.

11th Doctor - Hunky Dory

The most comfy of Bowie Albums with enough British eccentrics to make it truely unique. It's Matt Smith of Bowie albums.

12th Doctor - Lets Dance

The most dated sounding album of Bowie album so one that comes across as most old sounding even though it's still as fresh as anything that out there today if not more so. The Peter Capaldi of Bowie albums.

13th Doctor - Earthling

Just because being probably his most heaviest album this to me has to be my favourite Bowie album of all time. That's why I'm picking this one for Jodie. i just want her to be my favourite ...

>1st Doctor - Man Who Sold World
>This album was according to Bowie his most Anthony Newley album, a British comedian and singer/songwriter who he idolised growing up. Anthony Newley had fondness for all things English and his desire of wanting to get back there some day

TMWSTW has nothing to do with Anthony Newly lyrically or musically and Bowie never said as such

>3rd Doctor - Heroes
>This album was written when Bowie felt he was most trapped in his life not only by his crippling drug addiction and personal demons (such as breakup of his marriage) but also by his former record label who stole millions of dollars from hi in unpaid royalties

You just described Low

>5th Doctor - Low
>After a series of popular and commercial albums this is first album of his that started to alienate some fans as he looked to do something different with himself that wasn't just retread or rehash of what has gone in before. In otHer words Fifth Doctor.

Bowie had already taken a sharp divisive left turn with Young Americans and arguably Diamond Dogs

>6th Doctor - Scary Monsters
>The most eighties sounding album he did and one later on led him to recorded some of his worst material such as album Never Let Me Down.

Again, are you sure you're not thinking of Let's Dance?

i probably sound like a prat correcting you this much. eh, whatever. if I posted so much wrong info I'd want someone to correct me lol

Just go onto YouTube or if you have app Spotify and start with some of his greatest hits and go from there. Personally I recommend listening to his 1967-1975 greatest hits albu. as perfect jumping on point though some people on here may disagree with me and that's okay ...

>Lodger
>dark
>crap

>McGann
>Pertwee imitation

eh?

Thanks man ill give it a go

They should try and make the Daleks say "exterminate" less.

LISTEN TO ZIGGY
Bowie's definitely an *albums* guy

Who did it better
youtu.be/fPLkzskWmq8
youtu.be/ioOp1rUvLNM

This

Jsut google any Uncut Mojo or Shindig magazine article on early years of David Bowie such as his first year he started out (1967) and you'll see what I mean by Anthony Newley influences on his early work especially on album Man That Sold World. Fun Fact Anthony Newley for those who don't know him was guy who wrote all songs for Willy Wonka and Chocolate Factory meaning in some weird way Gene Wilder was essentially singing David Bowie songs in that movie ...

Young Americans was soul music. Diamond Dogs classic rock, proto heavy metal. Nothing all too different to what most normal people were listening to at that time. low was essentially a Krautrock album like Can or Kraftwerk something that literally almost no one at that time was listening to hence why it was so divise and first real alienating album for some of his fans to listen to ...

TMWSTW is as close to heavy metal as Bowie got in his career. Which is to say, just about the literal furthest thing from Anthony Newley. The album is almost the complete opposite direction from his pre-1969 stuff.
Unless I missed the Anthony Newley album where he rocks the fuck out with a heavy backing band for 8 minutes

Top secret, in fact! Shh... Don't let anyone know.

Good idea. I haven't noticed many typos in the EDAs I've been reading lately, but maybe by this point I'm just desensitized to them. kek, that reminds me I mentioned Fitz being called Fritz in an Iris Wildthyme story, but in one of the EDAs, the Doctor gets bumped about a bit and when he comes to, at first he thinks Fitz's name is Fritz Kreisler. there you go,
pointless fact!

Bowie was at his peak of his personal depression during Recording of Heroes that's why he never left Berlin at time as he felt if he did it would kill him. Like Third Doctor he needed to be stuck so he could rescue himself ...

But you said Young Americans was just a rehash of what he did before which is objectively false
and
>Diamond Dogs
>Proto heavy metal
Even if that was accurate, how could it be "proto" something that predates it? no offence dude but you sound like you literally looked this up on google for the first time five seconds ago

Who pissed in your cereal

>Kraftwerk
Any other fans here? I have Computer World and The Man Machine on pretty constant rotation.

Lips are sealed!
Yeah sounds like the ebook conversion software was a bit on the fritzimsosorryimsososorry

Look into my eye.

I totally get what you're saying and I'm not going to argue with you as you're mostly right. It just you're confusing glam rock with hard rock which is easy thing to do now when looking back. Like for example many people make mistake now of calling Queen a rock band when they were glam. Still back to MWSTW. Yes it was heavy sounding album I agree but it also was mostly camp. The same as Anthony Newley albums, hence my original point. Still I know we can argue about this for ever so let just agree to disagree ...

for the wiki?
No worries
Yeah it's scary but Neo hit the nail on the head about not living in the negative space of your own life
Massive fan, have you seen this youtube.com/watch?v=t7bdxX6uMss

No offence but you literally don't know what you're talking about. Don't clutter the threads with off topic discourse if you literally don't know what you're talking about

>for the wiki?
Nope. I've been trying to write a full-length book for ages now and I think I've found a good idea.

Oh shit that's cool

>What did your dad think of it?
Kek well it's pretty shitty so we both had a good laugh at the dick monster. He stopped watching towards the end. I don't blame him. Episode 4 ends about a quarter of the way through and the rest of it is just painfully drawing the story out.

Heavy Metal as we now define it didn't exist until late 1970s early 1980s with bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Tigers Of Pan Tyang etc. Other bands before it that you could call Heavy Metal such as ACDc, Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath are really just considered classic rock confusing I know but hey you called me out so I had to,respond. I do know what I'm talking about. Wouldn't be posting so much if I didn't ...

wew

up to season 5 of peep show, this show has some of the greatest characters ever, its actually crazy how likeable literally every recurring character is

The entire channel is fantastic

I'm listening to the Vangelis one now

>laughing at the dick monster with your dad
F R E U D I A N
also update on my day: I'm cooking co-op frozen meal deal chicken tendies
I've got a soft spot for the swing jazz version, the Vangelis one, the trailer version and the Art of Noise one

Genuine question, do you suppose there's any need for a Doctor anymore?

In what context?

Yes. I don't see why not.

Depends. Will it hurt?

Has the Doctor ever used a pocket calculator?

He's usually capable of doing most calculations in his head

Seriously why did Briggs Finish call 8's Lucie audios the EDAs? Isn't it a massive slap in the face to the books? It's so confusing. Why not call them literally anything else, Eighth Doctor Journeys, Eighth Doctor Tales, anything that didn't abbreviate to EDAs and be the exact same term. I literally don't understand what he was thinking.

gonna see roadrunner 2049 this weekend I'm so hype
I'm not even a crazy big fan of the original but I'm just excited to see a big beautiful artful sci fi movie in theatres.

You'll love it, it's fantastic. I've been listening to the soundtrack nonstop.

It was miles better than I expected it to be. I've still got a few minor gripes with it here and there, but other than that it was absolutely fantastic

>imsosorryimsososorry
You will be.

It's because books aren't canon, Neo. They just wanted you to know that.

EXTRA HYPE
oh yeah forgot to mention the other big reason I'm hype is I love Denis Vileneuve's other movies. The only one I haven't seen is Incendies.
>No arthouse-blockbuster Vileneuve Doctor Who movie

Point the gun at Briggs, not me!

He definitely made the movie he wanted to make here. I'm intrigued what he'll do with Dune.

I love this cover art so, so much.

What if I have two guns?

Is that a good wew or a bad wew? Because I think that actually looks pretty great. You could mistake it for a prestige drama (putting the reviews on seems desperate though. Anyone remember that Knock Knock trailer that put critic reviews in it as if "hey! series 10 is friendly for normies again! please come back!")

Then I refer you to pic related!

lads...

Bois...

y-yes sir, sorry sir.

It'd maybe be okay if they were all five star reviews, but the implication of only having two and a third that isn't, whilst not featuring any of the other "big" reviewers out there...? wew.

Not that it matters, though. Maybe they only really had these three to hand for full-series reviews.

neo when are you coming to the UK and grabbing a pint with me

As a Lynch fan, what did you make of his Dune? Personally I mostly found it really unintentionally hilarious with how nonsensical and truncated it was (truncated but still way too long...) plus Kyle Maclachlan and Big Ed were absolutely priceless in their roles, to say nothing of fucking STING. It reminded me of a dodgy episode of Classic Who in a lot of places.

If anyone points out that the cookies are actually biscuits, they're in for it.

Is there a difference? I thought cookies were more moist.

this is the funniest image I've seen on /who/ in a long time

Oh those look wonderful, I was expecting some passive-aggressive monstrosities like pic related

Probably bit over a year, definitely keen to hit up over there, my contract in Korea will end next November so I'll see about some travel further then.

I like (the first) Dune book a lot but I'm never a purist when it comes to adaptations. And Lynch is definitely one of my fav directors so I was primed to like it. You'd think it'd be a match made in heaven, Dune already has lots of crazy imagery, dream sequences, spirituality dealt with in abstract ways. But it's also overflowing with plot, which is anthemic to Lynch's skills. So we got a disjointed very studio-y Lynch with occasional flourishes of neat design with very inconsistent vision. The barrage of expository voiceover is almost unsettling, but a lot of the aesthetic works for me. I think maybe playing into the B-movie shlock tone might have helped, because as it is, it's just a mess. Still, I find it endearing.
"Truncated but still way too long" is a perfect description for it.

"Doctor Who is back"

wew
what a line to put in a trailer for episode 4

The thought of some /who/loogians actually meeting up and eating Doctor who snacks and hanging out fills me with such joy, I really hope some of you do it eventually

>: - )

: - ) ALL

I stopped watching NuWho after Let's Kill Hitler/Asylum of the Daleks/Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS/Kill the Moon and I therefore judge the entire Moffat era by one of/all of these duds.

kek, I didn't know you were in Korea, I thought you were still in Australia and just stayed up absurdly late like I do. Looks like I need to reevaluate my lifestyle

So you're retarded? Okay.

>some passive-aggressive monstrosities
Absolutely not! Although... there is this.

"Cookie" is generally only used for the generic chocolate chip cookie, and everything else is a biscuit.

wew : - )

Is JttCotT widely hated? i mean, I know *i* hate it, but I wouldn't consider it one of those "famously hated" episodes like the others you listed

Oh I'm not quite yet, I fly out in a few weeks, I was just musing about future plans
The time difference is only an hour anyway so don't worry, we're still brothers of the clock. Is that a thing? It's a thing.

I would ALMOST prefer pic related

He's obviously joking, his statement doesn't make logical sense
I'm sorry, it looks like you're stupid in this instance

>I would ALMOST prefer pic related
What, the biscuits, or Christel?

>I was only pretending to be retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=-IEpy3PWH8Y

do i detect a hint of jealousy

Well that's just creative. It's almost a sin to eat it.

Correct.

kek that makes me feel better about my sleeping habits
I really long to go around the world. I've only ever been to spain, it was amazing

Binro?