MULTIVERSITY RETURNS

JUSTICE INCARNATE IS BACK BABY

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsbeat.com/exclusive-preview-the-multiversity-makes-its-return-in-superman-14/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wait what

wait what

Hubba-wha?!

>Tomasi
>Not Morrison

Ooo wee gonna have to skip this one

Are we going to have Nazi Superman as well? The Man of iron..

>not liking tomasi
This is a joke right?

Posting rest of preview I suppose.

NANI?!

That song by the way is the same one from Multiversity.

Higher res version of the OP.

ya ma boi Kenan is getting mainstream recognition

Why? We can actually have a multiverse story that isn't about head lice and menstrual cramps for once

>Ivan Reis - Layouts
>Joe Prado - Finishes

What did they mean by this?

Just covers now.

Yup.
>“MULTIPLICITY” part one! The New Super-Man of China has been taken! The Red Son Superman of Earth-30 has been beaten! And who knows what’s happened to Sunshine Superman! Someone is collecting Supermen across the Multiverse—this looks like a job for our Kal-El as he is joined by Justice Incarnate in this multi-Earth epic!

comicsbeat.com/exclusive-preview-the-multiversity-makes-its-return-in-superman-14/

Reis did the layouts, Prado finished the art.

kinda how Stewart&Tarr did Batgirl. Reis basically sketched out all the pages and panels, then Prado did all the details.

SUPER-VERSE
U
P
E
R

V
E
R
S
E

>2 black Supermen

we superman now

Kenan & Kal when?

Ah, that's why the artwork doesn't look as good as I expected it to be.

Issue 15, from solicits.
>"MULTIPLICITY” part two! Superman and New Super-Man fight alongside an army of Supermen from across the Multiverse against the threat trying to wipe them all out of existence! Plus, Jon and his neighbor Kathy investigate a hidden horror that seems to be growing in their town.

>complaining about based Sunshine Superman

>superverse

>Darkseid in a universe composed of nothing but Superman from every single possible alternate to ever exist

>No Hippieverse issue of Muliversity

Morrison better get on this shit next time

>Army of Supermen

Is my Nigga Captain Carrot going to be in this?

>Obama Superman is back
Oh baby

When everyone is Super no one is.
Alternative, what is THE Superman of Superverse?
Ultraman? Megaman?

>The Cosmic grail

HNGGGGG

Probably that God Superman who is all golden and from the end of time or whatever.

>Superman on a quest across all of time and space to find and save himself over and over

Something about that is so endearing to imagine

Earth 33 Superman is THE Superman. Same with every other comic character

THIS IS AWESOME!

Superman Prime, that dude who lived in the sun for like a millennium or something
Wasn't he implied to be the same Superman as All Star?

This fucker

Prime time isn't until March

The thought Robot, he's the very idea of superman. The one who saved all of creation and defined the "good triumphs over evil" nature of the multiverse.

>We will never see Multiversity followed up they said
>Only Morrison will touch these characters again they said
>The Empty hand will never be referenced again they said

Based DC

Yes it's implied and it's not subtle about it

That's kind of a situational outlier. I think it's more asking, among all the Supermen to ever been and be, which would be THE ultimate one?

I like the idea that they could all conceptually form a unified Ultimate Superman in some event though. Though I guess I'd imagine that would be him becoming his original first self, simply wielding a kind of conceptual myth force that annihilates all else even if all he can do is leap tall buildings and outrun trains.

>The empty hand will never be referenced again

I'd be kind of fine with this, honestly. The empty hand is supposed to be the infinite villain for the infinite story, when Grant and us are probably long dead.

I'm liking this cover! Time to catch up it seems.

It's tough writing hippie stuff because you actually have to know how a hippie would talk. Good luck with that.

I wanna pet that bunny.

Clark Kent.

Grant is probably kind of a hippie himself

His parents were, if I remember correctly.

His parents were proper activists from what I know

What did they activate for? Activists activate right?

What the fuck is this from?
Also could someone identify all the items?

I never got an answer
Was the empty hand a metaphor for people who are not buying comics?

Is it a theme that there is only one Darkseid across all of infinity, who simply extends across all of it, countered to Superman's infinite multiplicity?

Against nuclear power

Nuclear power? That's kind of dumb. Nuclear weapons is one thing, but power isn't so bad if you pay attention.

That seems awfully boring and mundane. I think it was meant to be more a theme of negation of myth and empathy through time and the wear of mass media propagating so heavily in a time of extreme discontent.

The education wasn't there then. Chernobyl, Hiroshima, Three Mile Island, and the Cold War was.

Considering Superman gets power from solar radiation and light, you'd think there'd be some stories about a horror Superman raised in some underground bunker solely on artificially produced kinds of radiation

Hell you could get some really weird alternates like a Superman who grew up juiced on something exotic like massive light intake from orbiting safely near a black hole with a shitload of suns emptying light into it

It was both. They lived not far from a port where the Americans were docking Nuclear subs

>you'd think there'd be some stories about a horror Superman raised in some underground bunker solely on artificially produced kinds of radiation

Well we got something like that in Flashpoint

>Plus, Jon and his neighbor Kathy investigate a hidden horror that seems to be growing in their town.
Well welll well

It had like 5 different meanings.

That one was really weak though before he got sunlight. I'm thinking more some surreal Superman who is likely ill and mutant but extremely powerful in destructive force. Like a cross between Manhattan and the Thing, a nuclear elemental.

It's from the solicits. As for the items:

>The cosmic grail, last remaining fragment of earth 15
>Aquawoman's trident
>President superman's cape
>Atomic Batman's helmet
>Captain Carrot
>Captain Marvel's cape
>Thunderer's spear
>Red Racer's goggles

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Kenan is cutest Super

Not at the time really. Uranium mining is pretty terrible and Chernobyl wasn't the only reactor with horrible failure modes, just the one that failed. And everyone was pretty used to oil and coal - fuck, coal releases more radioactive shit than nuclear, but that wasn't really seen as an issue. Everyone loves hydro when they have the opportunity to use it, solar was a pipe dream.

>the lyst
>gentryspeak

Could it be?

maybe we'll finally learn what's up with her and her grandpa

Superman Prime 1,000,000 would probably be looked at as the leader of the supermen as he is Earth Prime's man of steel with a few hundred thousand years of power increase and experience, but present day Superman would be the one who ultimately saves the Superverse

You know, it's still Superman, of course he'd act more like a more passive mentor figure than typical leader, inspiring each Superman to own a moment of supremacy for themselves among the endless army of them.

I'm still fond of the idea of the basic first oldest Superman being the most powerful by sheer ownership of myth if nothing else.

Kind bummed out by this, actually was hoping for Gleason

All Supermen should fail except Golden Age who succeeds through sheer grit. He gains more power by absorbing all the energy of the "little guys" that he has helped along the way. That's one thing I've always liked about the original Superman. He gets in there and stops corruption. Where has he gone?

How about one that gains power from darkness?

Nah. Too conceptually dull and easy. There's so many exotic forms of light and radiation to imagine that you could work with first to keep the broadest themes consistent. And you could still have a 'darkness' theme with some kind of Superman who ended up near a white dwarf or something equally rare and eerie. Or one who grew up in and somehow gained power from scientific theories like dark energy.

Too controversial and unrelatable. He needs to be as passive and inoffensive as possible.

The Superman of all Supermen is obviously Pa Kent

Yeah. Just a Superman who acts with such certainty and confidence in the moment that briefly he paints the world as a Fleischer ideal, dragging the most cosmic of grandstanders down to a reality of simple raw concept, where there is nothing more grand shown or needed tall buildings, speeding bullets, locomotives, and a furious intent to stop them.

>yfw SBP was reincarnated in Jon

Why not a Superman who was born under the emotional light spectrum then?

The Super Lantern!

Gamma Man. Constantly needs to refill on gamma rays.

Hulk gets triggered.

Sure. Maybe he landed on Oa, and they used Kryptonite to augment him or had to save him from its poisoning, so he grew up INSIDE the battery and became some sort of living willpower Superman. Could go a few places with that. Maybe he is the battery now, and all Lanterns draw power from his will and confidence, or he's just a very elemental being who can construct-form himself, or is just a Green Superman or Lantern who can use its power without the ring.

Is the new superman any good? It's looking very pre nu-52 to me

Do you mean Superman under Tomasi, being pretty much Superman & Son, or New Super-Man?

Because they're both absolutely fantastic.

superman and son more than chinese superman

Middling and directionless? Yeah, it sort of is.

Shut your whore mouth pleb.

Didn't he have his "powers" just because Krypton was fucking huge and Kryptonians evolved for that gravity? I always thought it would be cool to see that done in modern comics. Gravity Superman would be sex-nuts-retarded strong.

They gave him the Phantom ring because he's a WAY better idea then the guy retarded enough to fucking invent it.

He'd work best as a Hope-battery raised kid, let's be honest.

Considering Nu52 supes is currently classified as Pretty Fucking Dead under the official CCA Mortality Guidelines and it literally is the Superman from before Barry ruined everything, that would make sense.

PREZ better make an appearence if they do a Sunshine Superman focused issue.

only if we get Russell back

>That song by the way is the same one from Multiversity.
THE RIDE IS STARTING

>Vertigo charactes will never be incorporated into the DC Universe

>Swamp Thing and John Constantine will never be on the regular comics

>Watchmen characters will never be on the regular universe

All three of those are bad things.