What are your favorite horror movies of the decade Sup Forums? pic semi related...

what are your favorite horror movies of the decade Sup Forums? pic semi related, I liked it but please try to give lesser known recommendations

the vvitch was garbage

>decade now means 2010's

>posts under the skin
kek

I like both.

(don’t worry, me too)
but uh fuck that guy!

The Wailing, The Babadook, Train to Busan, Black Swan, Raw, The Neon Demon, The Guest, The Void, Prometheus, Alien: Covenant

The Witch is the only one I've seen that I'd consider great out of the ones I've seen so far.

oh, the taking of Deborah Logan is kino

Get Out
I'm scared of white guys now

A Dark Song
Noroi
Borderlands

I thought both of these were shit

The VVitch, It Follows, and The Void are all up there for me.

These are the only 3 that come to mind plus House of the Devil.

While they're not full horror movies, I would say Crimson Peak and Krampus are also stand-outs for the decade.

The witch will be remembered as one of the greats. It will be up there with the shining and the exorcist

Why did they make the poster look like a PS3 game?

>It Follows
please remind me again the point of a horror movie that isn’t at all scary?

Boeing movies people pretend to like general?

That's every horror movie if you're an adult. And I don't know, it was pretty scary seeing what happened to Detroid and how its now spreading to suburbian areas.

>Im Not scared of Any horror movie Im such a mature movie goer

It Follows is hot garbage

If you're scared by horror movies then something is wrong with you.

It Follows is only ok but the soundtrack is k i n o

In general, why are horror movies so shitty?

Sounds like you are autistic man, people watch horror movies to get scared. Go outside, get friends.

They aren't. It's the best genre.

Crimson Peak really isn't that much of a horror, but it's still by far my favourite "horror" movie released recently. Advertising it as a straight ghost-horror movie was a huge fucking mistake and the reason people didn't like it, I think. If you watch it in the mindset that it's a Gothic Romance then it's fucking perfect.

I liked the vvitch until I read that the director intended for it to be a feminist film, and now I hate it, even though it fails miserably as a feminist film

Itt my favorite horror movie isnt even horror but Ill pretend to be scared to be a cool contrarian

Don’t Breathe was great.

Autistic man with no imagination spotted. If you can't immerse yourself into a spooky movie enough to get a bit scared then how can you immerse yourself into ANY movie enough to really take it in?

lol what an idiot he failed in his feminist vision

lol that poster looks funny

boi you realize how retarded it is to start hating a movie after you read about some political ideas that didn't even make it into the movie

>boi
kill yourself cunt

hah

>Ranking VVitch with It Follows and The Void

I know all of our opinions differ, but the first movie is so wildly different than the other two in terms of quality.

The itchy double V would have been so much better if it went a little longer, maybe showing her all wealthy in Europe as a striking contrast to the rest of the movie.

>in three years we will officially be in the 20's again

Not if you saw it in a theater with basketball teens sitting behind you who won't stfu...

I've pretty much written off any horror movie that has to do with possession of a girl by a demon.

Wow. I wonder if they're going to at some point seek out some sort of knowledgeable priest figure after they can no longer deal with the escalating incidents...

Will they strap the gal to a piece of furniture and yell at her while she exclaims her uncharacteristic desire to suck cock?

>lesser known recommendations
Made the cutoff 51,000 votes to include Bone Tomahawk but exclude 68 bigger releases like It Follows, Babadook, The Witch, Train to Busan, etc...

I haven't watched a ghost movie made in the past 10 years. Except The Innkeepers, which wasn't great. Oh and The Woman in Black, which was alright I guess. Ghosts are always portrayed in the lamest ways.

>possessed house
>spooooOOooooky kids
>zombie makeup with overlaid apparition effects
>must satisfy the revenge to quell the spirits

I think they only do well because there are still idiots out there who believe in ghosts.

Found footage is pretty hit-or-miss, but I still think that first short from V/H/S is one of the scariest fuckin things I've seen.

>i like you

way to out yourself as a pleb

Berberian Sound Studio
Starry Eyes
The Spring
It Follows
The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears
A Dark Song
The Borderlands
The Witch

1. "Toad Road".
2. "The Innkeepers".
3. "Vampire" (2011).
4. "Kill List".
5. "Queen of Earth".
6. "The Wailing".
7. "A Dark Song".
8. "Bone Tomahawk".
9. "Magic Magic".
10. "Buzzard".

Honorable mentions (in alphabetical order):

"The Alchemist Cookbook"
"Contagion"
"The Devil's Business"
"Green Room"
"Kotoko"
"Only Lovers Left Alive"
"The Sacrament"
"Shin Godzilla"
"Summer of Blood"
"Twixt"
"V/H/S"

Kill List

>Berberian Sound Studio
>The Spring
>The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears

i liked all of these but just to forewarn people, none of them are conventional horror movies.

Why do you have periods after your top ten, but not your HMs? Added Buzzard to watchlist, thanks. Bone Tomahawk is a favorite.

Has anyone seen any of Kiyoshi Kurosawa's recent movies? He was the king in the late '90s/early '00s but sort of trailed off. I haven't seen anything since Retribution.

The Blackcoat's Daughter. Suprised it never gets mentioned considering it has two Sup Forums waifus in it.

What are some good movies that deal with home invasion? That's one of my biggest fears
:-(

Creepy is really good. Penance, his series, was pretty good as well. I really don't think he's done anything I dislike.

Ils (Them) i thought did a good job at this

I've seen all of his current decade output:

>"Penance" (mini-series, 2012)
9/10

>"Beautiful New Bay Area Project" (short, 2013)
6/10 (funnily enough IMDb rating is somehow 1.5/10 with over 250 votes)

>"Real" (2013)
5/10

>"Seventh Code" (2013)
5/10

>"Journey to the Shore" (2015)
8/10

>"Creepy" (2016)
5/10

I haven't seen "Daguerrotype", and "Before We Vanish" yet, as there are no rips available online.

The problem with Kurosawa, as it often is with other great genre filmmakers (like, say, De Palma, and Soderbergh), is that he can't really tell a good script from schlock, and, as a result, many of his movies feature B-movie tier garbage plots.

"Penance", and "Journey to the Shore" are great though, and both are borderline horror.

Nobody ever mentions Proxy (2013), which to my mind is the absolute best of the low-budget indie horror movies that end up on Netflix. It's sort of like if a bunch of college kids scraped together a million bucks to try to make a Brian De Palma movie out in Nowheresville. It's crazy and mean-spirited and goes places few modern horror movies dare to. Just don't look up anything about it before you watch it. It really requires the element of surprise.

I watched it the other night

Quite spooky would recommend

>RAW not better than the Bitch

i want a gf like her

The vvitch is genuinely overrated.

I don't care if it makes me a pleb, but vhs will always hold a special place in my heart. It's just such a fucking comfy movie.

I can't wait for neo-Art Deco fashion and architecture to make a comeback.

I don't fucking get how anyone can like it comes at night. I fucking hate "people are the real monsters" stories. No. Give me pumpkinhead, give me xenomorphs, give me fucking SOMETHING.

>group of people, all adults, start discussing mediums and haunted hotels they've slept in
>"you're one of those people who believe there's a rational explanation for everything aren't you, user? hahah"
>mfw

It's fucking disgusting that mediums are allowed to bilk poor bastards while lying straight in their faces, and it's depressing that people still fall for it to the point where the police try employing them.

What did you think of the second one? I only liked that bit with the cult or whatever.

Panic Room, Funny Games.

That movie was such a fucking disappointment. It's title had me really excited and then nothing interesting happens.

nice b8 to start us off

ITT Not horror

Then post some you gigantic faggot.

2nd vhs was solid imo. i didn't really hate any of the stories, and i really loved the cult one, even if it had a ridiculous ending

Different user, but the "Safe Haven" segment was the best one in all the VHS movies.

How do you pronounce it?

you’re genuinely retarded

The Five Five Itch.

It Follows
I enjoyed last year's Ouija movie too, though I wouldn't dub it an artistic masterpiece.
Hush and You're Next on the home invasion side were entertaining too.

I saw it with a bunch of friends and we genuinely thought it was a horror movie and not a social commentary "thriller". I enjoyed it for what it was at least. But they didn't do themselves or the moviegoers any favors by pitching it as a horror movie

>posts go to pseudcore
you're a faget

thought it was weak
A24 horror movies are honestly pretty shit outside of the vvitch