Mythology? Season 2.
MOTW? Never

When they kneeled

When they stopped filming in based British Columbia

This

I'm stuck on the 6th season

I love that season

When Mulder left the show.

Plot episodes were always bad. Other episodes never stopped being good.

Its not like if she left he could have carried the show either

Op asked when the show went wrong, not how could the show have gone wrong differently.

>Plot episodes were always bad
They're not bad at all. They were interesting and thrilling, even if the mythology was convoluted.

As soon as the show's creators decided to hint at an intricate conspiracy involving aliens, shadowy elites, etc... without actually having more than a sketchy idea of what they were hinting at or where it was all going.
We ended up getting some amazingly atmospheric episodes, and it's still one of the most memorable shows of all time (it inspires in me a nostalgia for those 1990s early-Internet sort of conspiracy theory explorations when the nuts and bolts of the web were closer to the surface in many places and as a high school kid, one could easily imagine stumbling on some forbidden knowledge on one of those glowing-screen dark nights of surfing around sites with primitive HTML)... but it could have been so much more.

I just wish they stopped it now. I admit a while ago I was kinda hype for the new season and all accounting for my nostalghia factor but Scully isn't hot for me anymore nowdays and the episodes were so shit...
I fucking hate snoggers.

It went downhill after the first film because they wanted it to continue as a film series but fox couldn't fill the timeslot with something equally as popular so that plan never came to fruition so i think after that no one really put energy into the show,thats why it felt like david didn't give a shit during 6-7.

>snoggers
?

The only reason to watch this is qt 3.14 Scully. Based on that they probably went wrong when the attention strayed from the dynamic between her and self-insert Mulder to the bullshit mysteries and monsters noone really gave a fuck about. I can't pinpoint when exactly that happens though, I tried to rewatch it and had to drop around season two.

This. wow, an user gets it

Season 2 is weak,3 and 4 are my favorite seasons.

Without Googling it, post the comfiest monster of the month that instantly comes to mind. No wrong answers.

Mine is: Humbug

Also, anyone else love when Mulder and Scully are just cops solving a crime with a beginning, middle and end. I love Paper Hearts for example

It never got wrong. The Field where I died is the worst episode of the entire thing.

Detour-Mothmen

>Also, anyone else love when Mulder and Scully are just cops solving a crime with a beginning, middle and end. I love Paper Hearts for example

Yeah,too bad there arent many eps like this.

That one and the Kathy Griffin one are insta-skips

Arcadia
Monday
The Genie one
Lochness Monster one

Clyde Bruckman's Final Response

The one where the guy that can't die tries to cure Shia Labeouf.
Not the best by any stretch, but pretty comfy.

themareks.com/xf/conspiracy.shtml

>S html
dropped

Does it not work if it's shtml?

>the show's creators decided to hint at an intricate conspiracy involving aliens, shadowy elites, etc
>but it could have been so much more
This is almost always going to be true for a show that starts out with a shitload of mystery because your own imagination is so much better than reality 99% of the time. When there are all these mysteries and unanswered questions and shit, you try to connect the dots in your imagination, and the shit you come up with is almost always going to be better than the shit the creators/writers come up with because you're always going to think of the things that you find most crazy or creepy or epic or whatever.
I wish more writers and directors understood this, especially in the mystery and horror genres. The less you make explicit, the better. It's so fucking simply and yet almost everybody completely fucks it up.

literally this

fucking ducuckny

Nice
True. I do appreciate that they made the Syndicate morally ambiguous and complex, rather than out-and-out evil. That was a good move.

my fucking eyes are bleeding

I've rewatched X-files dozens of times, each time skipping more and more Myth-Arch episodes. Finally, on my most recent watch, I ended up skipping them all post season 4. I think your post is exactly why

> Scully isn't hot for me anymore
It's okay to come out of the closet now man, were all anonymous here

>each time skipping more and more Myth-Arch episodes
Why? Myth-ark episodes are still great