Why does Sup Forums constantly pretend that the prequels were good and the new Disney movies are bad?

Why does Sup Forums constantly pretend that the prequels were good and the new Disney movies are bad?

Is it just to be a bunch of contrarian neckbeard hipster faggots?
Rogue One was shit tho

>questioning the critical mass of Sup Forums

How new are you?

Prequels weren't good but better than nu-wars in just about every imaginable aspect.

Prequels are bad, but nu wars is also bad.
The difference is that the prequels tried something new.

Is it just to be a bunch of contrarian neckbeard hipster faggots?

>where do you think you are.jpeg

but for real just like every other Sup Forums meme/attitude it started with ironic shitposters then new people started browsing, wanted the "Sup Forums approved opinion" and started parroting the shitposting unironically to fit in, the real weird-o's who prefer the prequels showed up and it snowballed from there. Basically its just another version of bronies or Sup Forumsposters

>why does a board that hates disney say disney movies are bad

I dunno.

Star Wars was never good the universe is bland and boring and the stories aren't unique.

It's kids who grew up with the prequels. The weight of the light saber duels alone makes TFA better, the new films use what was good about the original trilogy.

Totally with you, OP.
I secretly love the 30% left over in EP1 after you erase Jarjar and Annie though. Forgive me. The rest is near pure retcon shit.

IMO the other thing the prequels did well was world-building, and what I mean by that was showing that there was a whole other society: peoples and races and cultures and planets within the galaxy that didn't revolve around the Rebellion against the Empire.

The only bad prequel was Attack of the Clones

*the only thing the prequels did well

and even then, it's primarily Anakin and Padme on Naboo and Tatooine that re bad.

The prequels had some pretty good light saber fights. Notably Obi Wan vs Darth Maul and Anakin vs Obi Wan.

Nu Wars has way better production and isn't plague with bullshit CGI and Jar Jar binks level cringe.

Prequels are bad but the new movies are even worse. They're worse because they're very obviously pushing this nigger loving femisuperpower bull shit.

Ummm ... palpatine swirling through the air to land and then slowly cut down three Jedis while they just stare at him.

Dies of "the lack of the will to live"

list is long but there are two gems for you. Prequels suck ass other than: Darth Maul fight, Yoda fight, Jango Fett.

You're just a brainlet who doesn't understand anything.

prequels had sheev. How can other films even compete?

fucking this. The only time Sup Forums expresses its true opinions are opening weekend. Everything else is 90% trolling and memes

Seriously you're an idiot, even most reddit faggots agree EP3 was pretty damn good.

>Dies of "the lack of the will to live"

Do you faggots not remember getting BTFO when this literally happened IRL? Apologize to George.

The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
8. "The Force Awakens"

Episode 7 isn't even a Star Wars movies. It is a Marvel flick masquerading as one.

Glad to see EP 3 get more love, but EP 2 was shit and the OT was still decent. Everything else is alright.

>Why does Sup Forums constantly pretend that the prequels were good
what? are we talking about the same Sup Forums? the Sup Forums Sup Forums?

The prequels are infused with a bold vision of artistic profundity that eclipses the likes of generic sci-fi movies of recent times. The streamlining process that has begun to creep into the production of every slightly sci-fi-y tinged movie has created an amorphous blob of mediocrity and blandness. The prequels deliver a basic premise of good vs. evil but do it so by utilizing characters that are endowed with humanity. Aside from the storytelling aspect the prequels stand strong on all fronts, from writing, cinematography and set pieces that truly immerse you into a fantastic world full of wonder and awe. It is infinitely unfortunate that this behemoth of a film project is marred by the majority of the populace's inability to assess the genius and lack of intelligence. One can only hope that in eons to come, evolution will have worked in ways as to ensure and maximize the distribution of the gene that thrives in the intellectual minority of our time so that future generations and civilizations will be able to grasp the grandeur of the prequels and see behind the masquerading illusion that is reddit.

Is this pasta?

Does anyone have the pic of the chart comparing the trilogies? With the descriptions of each recommended entertainment, books and movies

Too close to call. All movies were just movies for kids, just for having fun family time. My kids REALLY love all Disney movies.

>Jar Jar binks level cringe
Not yet.

>no jar jar cringe
You weren't cringing almost everytime ray opened her mouth?

Thanks nigga

fucking brilliant

They're both pretty shitty. The difference is everyone sucked Episode 7s dick because the prequels were so bad. They didn't realize how bad 7 was until about the time R1 came out. When the prequels came out, they followed probably the best trilogy of all time.

So, you have crappy movies after high hopes and crappy movies after low hopes.

I know my personal experiences may not be the rule or the be all end all example. But I have friends who LOVED 7 now telling me how they don't think it was that great. In addition, they're mad because the new trailer makes it look like episode 8 will be episode 5 all over again.

This. I laugh everytime someone dissmisses the prequels. I laugh harder when someone says TFA is better than the prequels. TFA is garbage. It's barely Star Wars. It lacks vision, imagination and charm , competly alienating the true fans(and by true fans I don't mean the "lol im so nerdy guyz just like sheldon xD") . TFA is a sterile product with artificial fun pandering to artificial nostalgia. It was made with one purpose : to make money. George Lucas made the prequels for the fans and the true fans enjoyed them. It's just the majority following trends and faling for the " lol the prequels are bad " meme. Breath-taking effects for the time, fantastic fighting, a major expansion to the universe, excellent music, insight on our favourite characters with a couple of great performances and a solid story are all strong points of the prequels that are hard to deny.

Yup, this. Prequels didn't ride the dick of nostalgia. The prequels have memorable scenes and stand out moments. They didn't cling to trying to make things look star warsy. The the prequels are all flavor and no structure. Disney star wars is all structure no flavour, so an empty hallow shell.

Fucking this

Prequel trilogy was bad and memorable, and still watchable
It's been how many years and I can tell you basically every scene of the prequel trilogy in order of what happened. These movies came out a decade ago....
I can't tell you half of what happened in the force awakens
>Some village gets ganked for a map
>Rey and black find millennium falcon
>Something about a tentacles monster
>Some cantina zone with yellow Yoda's daughter
>Rey gets kidnapped at some point?
>Ice level in which Han gets killed
>Luke at the very end

This movie came out what, a year ago? And it's already fuzzy what all happened. It's dull, boring and lifeless

Original and prequel films form a perfect hexalogy. Why break something so perfectly stable?

prequel apologism is fucking stupid. prequels are good because of memes. no memes from nuwars

>Notably Obi Wan vs Darth Maul and Anakin vs Obi Wan.
Overly choreographed fights that lack excitement because they went on too long, the Anakin and Obi Wan fight being the most guilty.

It's just kids that are too young to remember a time when the prequel trilogy didn't exist.

Older fans have the original trilogy to call their own and can quite rightly call out the prequels for the shitty abominations that they are.

The younger fans just feel the need to follow the formula and if that means shitting on the new movies whilst building up the prequel trilogy with ridiculously OTT praise to do so then so be it.

When it comes down to it, the original trilogy movies are timeless classics and will remain so. The prequel trilogy is a fucking mess, too ambitious for it's own good and dragged down terrible acting, stale dialog and bad 90s CGI that makes them look more like videogames than movies. Episode VII was a crowd pleaser to get the series back on track, unfortunately stunted by a lack of originality, but it was still better than the prequels.