Sup Forums told me it was the greatest animated movie of all time

>Sup Forums told me it was the greatest animated movie of all time
>it's actually incredibly boring but beautiful

What is the greatest animated movie of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
youtube.com/watch?v=owgu_DxlwVU
youtube.com/watch?v=udEk2oax6Tc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

tale of tales

>boring as a criticism

You're a philistine. Kill yourself.

There isn't one because that's not how entertainment/art/people work.

Your Name is much better. Try that

Do you even understand what the word 'boring' implies, you braindead herd mentality pseud?
It's not equivalent to 'slow' or 'lacking in action'. It means 'not interesting'.
If that's not a valid criticism then nothing is and you should probably kill yourself.

Millennium actress is one of my favorites.

>Your name

Will this meme ever ends? Your Name is a pathetic cashgrab made for little girls, story a shit, characters a shit, everything is a shit. Want to see a good anime? AoT

I liked the manga but if you think this is one of the greatest you are a fucking pleb.

Rango

anime is shite
its for people who have stunted emotional growth and a childs view of the world

You're a pleb then.

Spirited Away tbqh

For CG, it's Rango or Ratatouille, by a head and shoulders.

Watch the greatest Sup Forums meme of all time instead.

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

PV: youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
EP 1: youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
OP: youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
ED1: youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
ED2: youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo

It was above average, so I'll give it 6/10

While there will forever be endless discussions and whatnot over the best animated movie of all time is, when it comes to the title of what is the best-animated movie of all time, it isn't even close.

>no rebuttal

It may be the best animated one but it certainly isn't the best movie.

Came here to post this

Garden of words is also better imo with 5cm/second being the weakest of the three.

Millennium Actress and the more times I watch it the more I realize that nothing else is on the same level.

That's exactly what I said.

Make it more easy to read then you fuck, English isn't my first language and I'm drunk so fuck you.

That's what the hyphen was for, but I'll give you a pass for being a disgusting foreigner.

Akira's story may be only a muddled 7-8/10, (though I'd rate it towards the higher end of that), but only the worst sort of contrarian would call it anything BUT the absolute fucking pinnacle of hand-drawn animation.

Akira makes anything from Studio Ghibli or 80s/90s Disney look like an episode of fucking Clutch Cargo in comparison.

Mind Game

This or End of Evangelion. You have to watch the show first though.

Blade Runner 2049 you mean

This.
Although to be fair the animation isn't that great, it's just kino plot.

reddit

Shouko was really cute in the movie tho

>EoE is a Miyazaki-tier plot set in the Eva universe, but is animated about as well as a mediocre Saturday-morning cartoon.
>The Rebuilds have plots that make most Saturday-morning cartoons look like fucking Miyazaki movies, but are actually animated almost as well as a Ghibli production.

Why's it got to be like this, anons?

>incredibly boring
You probably have got ADHD for real.

>>EoE is a Miyazaki-tier plot
what
hahahaha

evangelion is a character drama, first and foremost.

>Although to be fair the animation isn't that great

>Although to be fair the animation isn't that great
Asuka vs the Mass Evas is a scene that animators to this day use as reference for weight and momentum

you're fucking blind

>greatest animated movie of all time

Don't get me wrong, I love some good gook cartoons, but when it comes to the greatest animated movie of all time it is my nigga Remy bar none. This movie has a succinct and clear plot with beautiful visuals, well motivated characters, and a fantastic resolution.

It has Peter O'Toole in it, that alone makes it kino

Tokyo Godfathers

>The animation isn't great

U wot lad?

yeah but

>Ayn Rand

I mean, come on.

this thing legit changed my life, got me to get my shit together

This frankly desu

This or Fantastic Mr Fox.

If you're looking for jap shit then fuck off to

>Rotoscoping Unit-02 over a person for le epic sequences XD like a goddamn low-budget Ralph Bakshi project from the late 70s because you're too lazy/cheap to do it the right way, fucking up the on-screen proportions and design in the process to the point that it no longer resembles anything close to what we saw on the TV show
>Good animation

>has a succinct and clear plot
not a good thing
>well motivated characters
irrelevant

you're dumb as fuck

this movie taught me the lesson that relationships aren't worth having because circumstances can just cause them to fade away for no reason even if they are really strong

based japan

We'll still be talking about this movie 70 years from now the way that we talk about the mid-late era Tintin comics today.

great taste

If they did rotoscope it it worked

>88871352
You'll need to try harder than that in future.

The first hour or so of Whisper of the Heart. Jin-Roh, Millennium Actress and Tokyo Godfathers are good too.

there is nothing inherently wrong with rotoscoping

jin roh is garbage compared to the rest of those movies

>I prefer a movie where I have no idea why anyone is doing anything and their decisions come from nowhere

this is the 10/10 kino that 80% of weebs will ignore because of the art style

The fuck are you talking about bitch nigger, Jin Roh is, for lack of a better word, kino.

Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' On Heaven's Door

youtube.com/watch?v=owgu_DxlwVU

The opening scene is fucking amazing. It's awesome even as a standalone film if you've never seen the TV series.

>>Sup Forums told me it was the greatest animated movie of all time
Sup Forums told you this was Spirited Away?
wtf?
I hate Sup Forums now.

Yeah, they rotoscoped it for the fight. That's why the MP Evas and 02 suddenly have these completely new proportions, with short legs, stocky torsos, narrow shoulders, and stubby arms, compared to how the Evas are depicted in the TV show along with how Unit 01 is depicted in EoE.

There's nothing wrong with rotoscoping, but at least have the attention to detail to use it as a basic guide for movement while keeping the proportions of what you're actually animating internally consistent with how they've been depicted for the last 26 episodes of the TV show.

There's nothing wrong with it whatsoever, if you do it right, like American Pop, a case where Bakshi's rotoscoping ended up being a e s t h e t i c AF. But EoE did it cheaply and in a way that was a little too distracting from the rest of the film, and it came out looking like shit, just as Bakshi's rotoscoping work in his Lord of The Rings movie did.

Saw it on 1P-LSD, can definitly recommend.

Nausicaa was the most perfect anime movie I ever saw.
It has it all.

bah. ridiculous moral to the story.
and only Brad fucking Bird could find it necessary to have two (2) gunfire scenes in a movie about a foodie who's a rat. Completely unnecessary.
Not even close to
The Red Turtle
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away

jin roh is boring pseudo intellectual garbage punctuated by a cool action scene at the end

>it came out looking like shit
it did?

Mein negger
Modern sci-fi doesn't have shit on 1980s - 1990s cyberpunk

I can't really say it's the greatest, but my personal favourite is Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise

Fight me.

that's the movie with the bizarre barely-relevant rape scene, right?

>greatest animated movie
>japanese
That's a larf.

God-tier:
>My Neighbor Totoro
>Kiki's Delivery Service
>Whisper of the Heart
Great-tier:
>Ponyo
>Princess Mononoke
>The Tale of Princess Kaguya
>Akira
>End of Evangelion
Good-tier:
>Spirited Away
>The Wind Rises
>Porco Rosso
>The Castle of Cagliostro
>Nausicaa
>The Cat Returns
>Ghost in the Shell
>When Marnie Was There
>Castle in the Sky
>The Wings of Honneamise
Mid-tier:
>Grave of the Fireflies
>Pom Poko
>From Up on Poppy Hill
>Paprika
>Perfect Blue
Bad-tier:
>Howl's Moving Castle
>Arrietty
>Tales from Earthsea
>Only Yesterday
Shit-tier:
>My Neighbors the Yamadas
>5cm per Second

Yeah I was just making webm of that scene for that faggot.

And yes, End of Evangelion is the greatest animated movie in critical and artistic terms, although its fatal flaw is that it can only be understood and analyzed in the context of the 26 TV episodes.

For people looking for capeshit-like experience or just a satisfying stand-alone action or feel-good movie there are other choices. I have a soft spot for the Escaflowne movie personally.

Why? Japan makes animated films aimed at adults and children alike. There are almost no western animated films aimed at adults besides weird edgy shit like Fritz the Cat.

>boring but beautiful
Another movie sums this up as well. Bladerunner 2049

Yep. Which is why it's always my first recommendation when people ask for great animated movies. Sucks that it's never had a US release except through Netflix

>nothing but anime
fucking hell guys

Coraline is so close to perfect, but they had to penny-pinch with 12fps scenes. It's all the more jarring because most of the movie is 24fps. I'd honestly have preferred the whole thing be 12fps. Every time the framerate drops I'm reminded that I'm only watching a movie. The immersion is ruined. Did they run out of budget or time?

Yeah, not sure why they put it in there, jolted me right out of the film first time I watched it.

>Sup Forums told me it was the greatest animated movie of all time
That's not The Prince of Egypt

Can we all agree thar digital drawing ruined everything?

You gotta post the anime version of the poster so people will watch it

STEP THE FUCK ASIDE

ONCE I CALLED YOU BROTHER.

Is this actually good, or another movie riding on its "IT TOOK 12 YEARS TO FILM!" gimmick?

Spirited Away is great. It looks amazing and the score is 10/10 but the plot doesn't really stick with you. At least it didn't for me.

It's not about the plot. It's about the experience.

witness true kino

It's a comfy satisfying movie with a somewhat straightforward plot. Definitely more than the gimmick, but it's worth seeing for the gimmick alone, it's looks pretty fucking great in a theatre.

ONCE I THOUGHT THE CHANCE TO MAKE YOU LAUGH, WAS ALL I EVER WANTED.

PoE is truly Dreamworks' magnum opus.

tfw the Rebuild diverged from the original story...
youtube.com/watch?v=udEk2oax6Tc

It looks genuinely great at points, but the animation style they went for is really weird during dialogs.
It's interesting for its visual value, good or bad. Paints a pretty inaccurate picture of Van Gogh's life apparently though.