That fucking emanator

anybody figured how the portable emanator works? How the hell did it project joi outside, why does she "see" things using her eyes and produces sounds using her holographic mouth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg&t=1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It is a mind link, she sees through his eyes.

they did it with science

suspension of disbilief

ask Luv, she knows

Or how they make levitation cars? Or synthetic people. Or knives with blades that pop out like that.

>this-kills-the-waifu.png

yeah like in the scene where she is looking around on her own in deckard's apartment or when K is stunned after the car accident in the junkyard

that's plausible, it's hard-sci fi. Magical holo-waifus are not

>Magical holo-waifus are not

They are now.

I'm a pretty lonely guy and I wish that technology was real but I felt close to nothing when she 'died.' I felt like her only role was to be the audience surrogate during the scene where he's looking through birth records so he can explain things. I know the point was to push the idea that robots can feel emotion too but it didn't hit with me.

>same way other holographic shit projected
>built in 360 camera
>advanced speaker system that throws its voice

They scienced the shit out of that emanator.

>holograms are less scientific than basically bioengineered clones that aren't even fertile because reasons

She knew Joi was programmed by a fat neckbeard. She only wanted the best for K.

holograms without any visible projecting source, yeah that's pretty much bullshit

>wanted the best for K
mean herself?
>I'm the best

Police chief > Hookerbot > Holowaifu > Luv

The name Emanator made me think it was emitting some kind of wifi mental link. Wallace has the neon ear implant thing after all which lets him see remotely. Maybe the replicants have built in receptors and the Joi's are designed to help keep them placated

I see your point and agree you're right, but what I believe got most people was that it felt like a natural relationship in this type of world. It felt like how someone who lived a lonely life would live. Especially once you realize it's the only thing that treated K with respect and care.

I was wondering the same thing, she never interacts with anyone else ... or does she?

Robin Wright's character respected and cared about him, though

Yes she does. She interacts with the Hooker, dude.

Of course she talks with the whore

Yes, with the replicant mistress

Best girl is best!

I felt like that was more of a "You're a great employee of the month, also I wouldn't mind getting dicked by you." Thing. Not A real relationship that built and became symbiotic.

It felt one sided, because K knew his place in his job.

This honestly is my opinion and I bet I'm talking out my ass.

As someone who's had a lonely life, that is how I would choose to live.

>Every single woman that has watched this movie fails to understand the concept of Joi and either roots against her (even cheering Luv for killing her), or calls her a creepy sex doll, despite the fact that in their 2 year long relationship, they only had sex once

What did the women mean by this?

The fact that she gave him a head start when he failed his baseline test INTERLINKED showed me that he cared about him beyond simply being a good employee CELLS INTERLINKED.

Oh, thanks, guess that doesn't work then.

NANOMACHINES!

That's how I saw it. The chief was the appreciative, horny plantation wife who wanted to hop on Mandingo

You know what you're right. Well now I feel silly. Must be from all the House of Cards and Forrest Gump.

They feel endangered by the prospect of being made redundant by flawless AI gfs.

I think that too.

I'm going to end the waifu wars right now.
Virgin Tier:
any of the girls individually. It shows you are a weak fetishist who is fulfilling his lonely jerk off fantasies through any of these characters.

Chad tier:
JOI waifu with Luv side piece. This is the undeniable patrician combination of loving and caring waifu AI with dirty, nasty breathplay sex of you doming Luv while she hatefully looks up at you, but enjoys every second.

ur gay

Why wouldn't the mental link make sense? It emanates into both replicants. She even says 'I've been inside you' after they "synchronized"

>wanting a women just for sex
>cheating on a perfect gf
kys, normie

one of earliest Rule 34 images should be JOI interacting/merging with Luv while K
>go down, do his FUCKING job

luv would give god-tier joi

It emanates obviously

Sound and light are just vibrations, I think it vibrates molecules in the air to produce light and sound. This is how she can appear to talk without a speaker. As for how she sees and hears, I'm guessing it works both ways and the vibrating particles also send a signal back to the emanator

They didn't know she was a replicant. Joi invited her because "she was a real girl" and she felt that's what K wanted.

I'm guessing that something so invasive/connected wouldn't have to be "synced" it would by its very nature already be synced in order to be seen by the viewer. Joi didn't have to "sync" with K in order to pretend to touch him.

not 100% but I recall a scene where joi is walking around and checking stuff in a room on her own, so she's somehow a "physical" being and can percieve stuff other than K's own sight, this would kill the link theory I thought about that theory too before posting and I found it highly implausible

>stroke
>stroke again
>stroke again
>stroke
>turn hand 20 degree
>stroke again
>closer
>closer
>aw c'mon, get up, do Your fucking job
>stroke again
>...
>I'm the best
>thank You for using our services

The Virgin Skinjob
>waifus any of the girls individually
>thinks JOI overcame programming to "love" K
>stays a virgin and "loyal" to JOI, while she gives jerk off instructions to millions around the world
>almost fucked a hooker once, while his waifu overlayed with her. Joi got self conscious and backed out, so he had to jerk off instead
>examines bones all day, never retires any replicants
>slaves endlessly just to get the DLC that was released years ago, doesn't even have an emanator yet

The Chad Blade Runner
>uses his pistol on anyone he wants, over 300 confirmed retires
>fucks his Joi waifu and Luv at the same time
>chokes and dominates Luv, while she stares up hatefully, but enjoys his thick cock
>hookers come up to him, but realize he only loves his AI waifu and doms his sidepiece
>has enough money for all his waifu's upgrades, gets her whatever she wants

that's the best answer so far, makes sense.
also nice trips

All the hookers were obivously replicants, that's why they were freaked out about K being a blade runner and split. A human would call him a filthy skinjob.

Yeah but they were told to follow him. They fucking ditched their job.

If it weren’t for those brown mongrel eyes she’d be perfect

>Americans are still racist in 2049

Why am I not shocked?

What if regular humans can't see her unless they have some sort of technological chip that effects their brain like Wallace had or unless regular humans are wearing some kind of contact lenses or glasses that allow them to see her? Maybe replicants can see her by wifi even outside of that set up room K had and it would operate similarly to signals sent to regular humans who are receiving signals from the stick K had. So those humans can see her with their contacts or glasses. That's just a guess. The only person besides K who seems to see Joi is the pink haired girl and that's only in K's apartment.

>Bad dog

They're green.

t. enlightened European from a majority shitskin country

I don't know, I just want to cuddle Ana de Armas forever.

Why live

SMELLS

INTERLINKED

Hazel

I have this strange feeling that Ana doesnt like me.
pls Ana im so sorry I called you a slut all those times in those threads!

>inb4 what the fuck is wrong with you

These are green.

Her eyes are the color of the piss and shit runoff water in a port-a-potty. Her grandma probably got raped by an Irish man but it’s diluted a lot since then.

Not even close.

The racism itself doesn't bother me, what I find so amusing is that the majority of Americans are so easy to manipulate. How many "useful idiots" are there still covering Trumps retarded back?

>ywn be interlinked with Ana de Armas

a better question is, how can I get one?

Emanator reads the interference in the hologram caused by light and mechanical waves.

Move to Japan.
youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg&t=1s

>buzzword buzzword (racist) buzzword buzzword (drumpf XD) buzzword (I mean come on it’s 2049)

What’s your fucking point besides virtue signaling on an anonymous board? The reason we’re racist in America is because we have to deal with niggers and it sucks.

GGGGHHHHHHMMMM...

i can almost buy this
in a suspended disbelief kinda way

i felt like someone punched me in the gut

it was probably using XBox advanced tech

Post interview webm

My theory is you know how the NSA can hack your wifi to see the shape and movement of objects in the wifi's range? what if the emanator created a wifi field and allowed Joi to sense things that way?

DELET THIS

not again

If we had satisfactory answers we would be billionaires.

>pls Ana im so sorry I called you a slut all those times in those threads!
but she is