/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Back away from the boy - Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Rebels 3.11: "Ghosts of Geonosis" (January 7)

>The Original Rebel: Saw Gerrera Returns | Star Wars Rebels
youtube.com/watch?v=mLN_y-uWAVA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kUn3nohOtVQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx7YSByPI8I
youtube.com/watch?v=upN-7ALj2OU&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fpbp

I heard you guys like Lightsabers

>Back away from the boy
>Words she doesn't like to hear

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

user, you need to fuck off.

But I won't

She's dead, get over it. No force ghost either, she's a z-lister.

People vs George Lucas was the most cringy documentary I've seen. All that entitlement from people who are simple fans acting like they owned the property.

Thanks to Disney, Star Wars will never be a real part of the creative culture.

I just had a thought about the Han Solo movie. It's set like 10 years before ANH, so 10 years before ROTS as well.
When did the Empire stop using Clones? Do you think we could get a still pretty early Empire in his movie, still using a bunch of Republic tech, like the Imperial Venators at the end of ROTS?

But JJ saved Star Wars! He gave us what we waited 32 years for!

-Simon Pegg

Stop this meme. Lucasfilm are making their media the same way they did before Disney. (With an executive Story team to oversee it all and make it more consistent this time.)

Disney doesn't magically make something bad.

Not everything is going to be cookie cutter safe bullshit like TFA. That was mostly JJ's fault for making what he thought was "TRUE" Star Wars

Jesus fuck do you faggots ever shut up?
Do you really think bitching about a fucking movie on the internet is a good use of your time?

As opposed to someone else making what they think is "TRUE" Star Wars.

And that wasn't even what I was talking about. Things don't become part of the creative culture until they're in the public domain, which Disney is doing their best to get rid of.

Chill out lad

Fuck that pathetic cunt. The man is the epitome of pussified flip-flopper. He has the audacity to claim he knows good movies when he defended Into Darkness!

He bitched about the prequels being bad, and compared them to child murder yet he and JJ ruined Star Trek.

Fuck you.
All you people bitching about TFA are just as bad as any EUf or Mando fags or people bitching about RO.
You're not fucking in charge of the movies, what you think doesn't fucking matter and Lucasfilm doesn't fucking give a shit about anything you have to say.

They made the film they wanted to make, fucking deal with it faggots.

That guy wasn't even me. I just want you to stop being so agressive, theres no need for it.

JJ that you?

>It's set like 10 years before ANH
>so 10 years before ROTS as well
you can't be this stupid

Why did the EU fuck up the whole rule of two thing?

Yoda/the council makes it clear in TPM that they
1. Knew about the rule of two
2. Thought that the sith had been extinct for a millenia

This means that the rule of two was how the sith operated BEFORE their supposed dissappearance 1000 years ago.

Why did Jedi vs. Sith go full retard?

Is the canon sith lore consistent with TPM?

>I just had a thought about the Han Solo movie. It's set like 10 years before ANH

Is it? I didn't realize they had given a place on the timeline for it yet.

>Why did the EU fuck up the whole rule of two thing?
because the EU was trash
>Is the canon sith lore consistent with TPM?
so far they've been consistent with it

more like 90 years before TPM

Guess what, the new EU is even more trash.

I meant after obviously

Stop trying to start bullshit again

EU was removed from the canon for a reason.

What are your thoughts on Woody Harrelson getting a role in the Han Solo movie?

I'm kind of indifferent. What bothers me is that he's going to be Han's "mentor". I don't really think we needed a Han Solo "Origin story".

What you guys thought about ROGUE ONE?

Whatched it today, and I thought it was pretty great, way better than TFA.

The "everybody dies" was a very good fit.

Also, made me want an entire movie of just of Darth Vader hunting people down like a Terminator.

t. JJ

this isn't funny anymore
sscucks are annoying as fuck

Its hard to tell, sometimes people post here without even a basic grasp of the timeline

past the seething rage, i agree with you. i dont know what the hell is up with these threads anymore.

inb4 canon police

Consensus is that it was better then TFA, and pretty good.

Of course contrarians shits like RLM are going full autism on it.

Spotty beginning with all the location jumping, but it was generally good, way better than TFA.

I hear a lot of people complaining about the characters not going through arcs, but they all do, especially Andor. No idea what people are talking about there.

100% agree !

>Of course contrarians shits like RLM are going full autism on it.
So sorry that your new Disney product doesn't hold up to much scrutiny.

It's ok user, show me where the bad Inquisitor touched you.

go away

I liked TFA and Rogue One the same amount.

Nice defense of your subpar film. So glad the fanbase is filled with people who don't know what makes a movie good.

Are all the Inquisitors dead at this point in the Rebels story?

No. Henry Gilroy said in an interview, that they plan on finishing their storyline.

>What bothers me is that he's going to be Han's "mentor".

>Woody talks with a haggard fellow for a bit and comes back to Han waiting at the ship
>Who was that hobo you were talking to?
>A good friend

If Han knew that Jabba wanted his money, why would he go to the planet that Jabba live on, in the heart of his galactic criminal nation or whatever?

>They made the film they wanted to make, fucking deal with it faggots.

No, they made the movie the fans wanted. The movie they wanted to make is all in The Force Awakens art book.

WOW HAHA XD SO RANDOOOOOOMMMM

The entire sequence on Jedha is jumbled mess. After the battle in the streets Jyn and Cassian get cornered by stormtroopers and Jyn is able to beat three or four troopers with a little melee weapon. Putting aside how retarded that is we next have K2 show up to save them from more troopers with le epic quip. The very next scene has almost the exact same situation play out with Cherriut and Baze. They quip the troopers to death with no effort of threat. Now the kicker to this is that K2 leaves now because the writers forgot that when the Extremist Rebels show up they’d kill him, making his appearance doubly pointless.
Another example of how poor the writing is when Cherriut dies. They are supposed to be pinned down so well by the death troopers that it takes a strong sense of the force to walk over and pull the main switch (why he couldn’t have just force pulled it? IDK) but after Cherriut gets shot Baze is able to waddle over and have a minute long conversation with him. Somehow the death troopers just forget about Baze until the plot needs them to fire on him.
Sorry for invading your safe space but you guys need to understand that this film isn’t well made and your fervent defense of it comes across as childish.

Can't peg the Pegg

>why doesn't he just force pull it

>I hear a lot of people complaining about the characters not going through arcs

I would say that the blind guy is the only one without an arc, but he is integral on his friend's arc of recovering his faith on the Force.

Hey Sup Forums, you probably hate the Original Trilogy, because it is full of "quips".

Hey fucking faggot, what's different about the rule of two in the nu canon?

Oh so it wouldn't be a great set-up/pay-off for Cherruit to be constantly trying to force pull things during the film only for it to work at the very end?
Nah the originals are GOAT because they are well made, the quips in OT work a hell of a lot better than the ones in the new films.

Beating 3-4 conscripts is possible.

They're actually following it?

>m.youtube.com/watch?v=kUn3nohOtVQ

>He had his production notes from all the way back to the OT, and even then he'd already set up character dynamics and arcs that would figure into the Prequels, and only then had to come up with scenarios to support and build upon those dynamics

I've been working on my own stories for ten years, with the majority of it just being world building because I'm afraid of fucking things up during the actual writing process. But for this man to have had most everything aside from the setting pre-planned for twenty years, and then just act on it when the means to do so becomes available is just baffling to me.

If Stormtroopers are supposed to be these highly trained shock troopers, why do they suck so fucking much?

He probably owes someone money on every planet in the outer rim

That's not what the orginal post was contending you shill.

>bring me to your empero-
>DO NOT CHOKE ON YOUR AMBITIONS

Does anyone have the canon planets map?

So fans want Leia to be a Disney Princess now? What do you think of that?

for what purpose?

No one said that the film was flawless.
Calm down.

Some misplaced feeling of respect for the deceased?

I saw a pic along those lines. Kind of had mixed feelings on the matter.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx7YSByPI8I

>that N1 model

Because the MCs are suppused to be way beyond that and exceptionals.

Also, Stormtroopers had a nightmare with ewoks.

Funny enough, imagine how the movies would play out if the MCs were killed by the standard mooks within the first five minutes.

Insults wont make your fanfics canon.

>Some misplaced feeling of respect for the deceased?

Nah, that is an older thing. Its the Princess in the name

Or the main villain getting killed by a redshirt

You're not wrong about the Jedha stuff. That sequence was obviously chopped up by the reshot stuff. K2SO ducking into the scene real quick then ducking out while ADR dialogue played was one of the more noticeable seams.

More than anything I was frustrated that the movie didn't take its time, especially during the Jedha scenes, to more fully immerse us into that situation and exploit its possibilities. The whole idea is so rich: holy city with rebel insurgents; occupying Star Destroyer hovering just over the city; Saw Guerrera's guys, who were cool as fuck and never got anything to do; Jedi temples, Guardians of the Whills, other cool stuff, etc. All of which we get to read about in the promotional materials rather than experience in the film, all so we can get more Daddy issues "Save the Cat" script doctoring.

I think the movie maybe ended up using around half of what Edwards shot in the initial shoot. Who knows what kind of movie we might have had. Maybe it would have sucked, but it probably would have been less safe.

>Oh so it wouldn't be a great set-up/pay-off for Cherruit to be constantly trying to force pull things during the film only for it to work at the very end?

No it wouldn't because then you definitively answer the question if "is he really using the force or is he just lucky?"

He's not a Jedi, he just has faith. That's the whole character.

>highly trained
They are trained for 2 years. They are Russian conscripts.

>But, your Majesty-

>muffled lack of personnel in the distance

>Things don't become part of the creative culture until they're in the public domain

I don't know how you define "the creative culture", I would define it as art that influences other art and there's a LOT of stuff that isn't public domain that's been doing that for decades, Star Wars included.

That's bullshit. He shoots down a tie fighter in a way that makes it crash into an imperial gun turret. While blind. He has at least some force abilities, just not very much.

But she's a General now.

>Stoops to insults instead if facing the reality of his mistake.

Did you even see the movie? China man was force sensetive

There's a difference in Force Sensitivity between feeling the Force and being able to use the Force. Chirrut is of the former. He's sensitive to it in that he can actually feel it in things and people. But he cannot actually use it.

>1. Knew about the rule of two
>2. Thought that the sith had been extinct for a millenia
They got around this by Yoda and the Council finding out about Bane and the Rule of Two very close to the time of TPM from some crazy cultist that a Jedi (might have been Dooku) interrogated in prison, who was raving about Sith and how they still existed in hiding and that they'd been operating under the Rule of Two right under the noses of the Republic. The Council basically blew it off as some guy who'd come into contact with dark side artifacts and had been driven insane, but after Qui-Gonn's fight with Maul on Tatooine Yoda and the Council started to revisit the idea that the cultist hadn't lied after all, but there still wasn't enough evidence to come out and tell the entire Order that the Sith weren't wiped out after all like they'd all been taught had happened, so they kept denying it whenever a non-Council member brought up the idea of the Sith still being around. They even denied it to Qui-Gonn, who'd brought the news and his suspicion to them in the first place, because he wasn't on the Council (to Obi-Wan's chagrin).

Timeline-wise, in Legends, it got a little mucky because it never went into exactly WHEN this so-called interrogation took place. It was guesstimated it had to have happened within 50-100 years of TPM, so relatively recently, which put it in the ballpark of Darths Tenebrous and Plagueis, possibly the time of Tenebrous's unnamed master and prior to Plagueis becoming Tenebrous's apprentice. Given Tenebrous's alter ego as Rugess Nome, a very successful starship designer, it's most conceivable it was someone he was acquainted with who leaked the info to the Jedi when imprisoned and interrogated. In any case, the poor sap's mind broke from the pressure or out of terror of his masters and he went nutso before getting arrested and spilling the beans, but he had zero evidence and it evidently wasn't enough to get the Council to act on.

Do you think any clones ever pretended to be Rex so they could get some orange butt cheeks?

MID SEASON TRAILER IS UP
youtube.com/watch?v=upN-7ALj2OU&feature=youtu.be

Didn't knew Karen Traviss can draw.

HYPE

Holy FUCK

Did I spy Yularen at 2:39? HYPE.