Hawkeye #2 Storytime

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/s_yhpQgeuYM
fanfiction.net/s/9864978/1/The-Spectacular-Peter-Parker
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I dropped it after issue 1 dealt with cyberbullying

I want my Wiccan x Hulkling ongoing, where is it marlel?

This

Also May i point out something before someone else does

>white guys are bad guys
>the black guy is good

but you are still here .....

The end

Not sure why this book irritates me so much.

I dig Kate. I was even into Lemire's Hawkeye.

This one just feels so shallow.

i really want this to be good and it's really not

This

The end

Except for this debunking that shit Plus Iron Fist and Power Man's villain.

I mean, not many black villains/underlings, but yeah... you're stupid.

my problem is that Kate is acting like a complete idiot. An unlikable idiot to boot.

You seem pretty defensive.

It feels very self-congratulatory. The reader is supposed to pat themselves on the back for understanding that harassing women on the internet is wrong, and the thrill of having your politics approved of is supposed to substitute for character and plot.

Fraction's Kate had a personality. New Kate is the exact same girl-power caricature we're seeing in half a dozen other books. I am not against feminism but I think this is a super boring way to put it into practice.

Why is Kate's new boyfriend Aizen?

>girl-power caricature

Nailed it. Books like this and Mockingbird are going to age super poorly because their "feminist characters" are written so flat.

I think

It's a very shallow and performative kind of writing that banks on people basically staying with an ongoing out of guilt for not supporting a 'feminist/diverse' book.

There was a hint with the kidnapping it might have been a bigger plot, which is why I'm now reading this issue to find out.

>hauls in online harasser
>lets rapists go, having actually shot them and drawn blood
Dude has an arrow through his leg, you "didn't do much damage"

It really is gonna be that "gamergate as supervillain" line on the plot, huh.

>It really is gonna be that "gamergate as supervillain" line on the plot, huh.
True

Good

I liked Kate before, back when she was on the Young Avengers and with Clint.

I can't stand this Kate. At all.

b-u-m-p

The best thing to come out of this is still that Illuminating page with all the ANAD parodies and the "quirky archer hates you" tagline

Stop bumping shitty book threads unless you have something to actually contribute to the discussion.

Are we implying that two posts made by the same very dedicated shitposter can't have been posted at the same time?

>>I can't stand this Kate. At all.
Agreed with this.

I like this book's take on it though. Kate's way too gung-ho, and it's so far consistently bitten her in the butt. Like she wants to be a private eye, but has no idea of how to do that in a way where the police will actually work with her.

youtu.be/s_yhpQgeuYM Wrong hawk

The problem with this book writing is that it just throws the information at you. You don't have to think, the writing is telling you what you should think.

It's not awful, but it's not great either. It's average writing.

Other than that, I'm still reading it. Not an extreme case of preaching and or bad characterization, like it happens with other books with new leads.

Is this worth reading? Marvel has been a failure with female leads the last couple of years.

>It's shit but it's not UNBEARABLY shit so I'll still read it
Why is there always at least one of you in these threads, no matter how bad the Marvel book is?

>BUUUUH BUUUH YOU DONT HATE SOMETHING I HATE

This is 70s Power girl level of offense.

>pink hair: check
>brown skin: check
>lesbian: check
Is that a new stereotype?
I think I've seen a third one like that (I mean, other than that plebcomics art), but can't remember where

>NOOOOOO STOP ENJOYING THINGS!

I shouldn't be surprised anymore when some Marvel hack pulls this shit.

It's becoming one at any rate. Unbeatable Squirrel Girl has one, Lumberjanes has a couple side characters like that. It's kind of sad.

>rapists are white frat bros
>the black guy is totally innocent
EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

so Hawkeye is just another white male charter that got replaced by a women?
well one less characterI have to care about

It's because most of these writes/artists (the female ones especially) think that their social circles represent broader society so because they only hang around cool liberal hipsters they take "write what you know" way too literally and populate the book's cast with characters based on their social groups because they absolutely cannot picture a wider world beyond their bubble.

>I am not against feminism
never change Sup Forumsmblr
no wonder the industry is dying

>Kate's way too gung-ho

Which feels like an exaggeration of her established personality, which is "thinks well on her feet." Kate was always portrayed as the more intelligent and rational Hawkeye who, while a little emotional, still thinks things through.

Here, she's just throwing shit in every direction and seeing what sticks to what with wild abandon.

fanfiction.net/s/9864978/1/The-Spectacular-Peter-Parker

Who here is interested in reading a fanfic story based on the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon series. But have Peter Parker's new love interest be Kate Bishop

She's quite sexy like this

kys

It's not a bad series. So give it a shot. Maybe they'll build the story up later on

She created April, 2005).

Thank you

She's been Hawkeye for over a decade and has spent more time in the past decade as Hawkeye than Clint has.

>objectifying women = not ok
>objectifying men = ok
It's comedic how the deeper people are into their agendas, the more hypocritical they are

Basically ham fisted soap box

Kinda sad because the first two issues of Mockingbird were actually really good.
The book made Bobbi bad ass and all that shit and subtly hinted that being a woman wasn't a handicap.
But then issue 3 came around and it had to remind you that if you're a man, you're the reason why women don't succeed, and you should feel bad for that.

It feels like they're making books for grade school kids, and think that you have to make very unintelligent, in your face references for them to understand it.
They lack the ability to write stories that are sophisticated and refined.
They think they're tacking today's real world issues.
They think that in 50 years, people will look back and think "Gosh darn, those Marvel guys really were ahead of the curve when it came to social issues."

To be fair. She became Hawkeye before Marvel became cucks

But her costume is ugly as fuck.
It looks like someone made pajamas inspired by a 60's go go dancer.
I honestly would much prefer her in jeans, t-shirt and leather coat

This entire chapter is putting Mockingbird to shame.

I think it's actually just they giving Kate another thing from her mentor. Clint is famous for going after (strong) women that have nice tits and ass, you know. And people is often fine with it.

user, it's a 60's costume, actually.

You people don't watch old stuff anymore, do you? It's one of the Emma Peel costumes. Aja used it in the 60's stylized Hawkeye run, once, actually. But somehow it got stuck further.