THE UNSTOPPABLE WASP #1 Storytime

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CV9xF8CjhJk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

CRINGE

This will only sell between 50k-40k after that in issue 6 it will be around 15k-18k

Do all first issues with quirky female protagonists read like shit? Or is it just this one?

hnnnng. Dem thighs

This tries really, really hard to be Ms. Marvel but without any of the charm.

eat my dick, please

>you inspire me to kill a man I had an affair with, then tell everyone he was a rapist

>bringing up the bullshit "smartest man alive" list

just ignore it, it'll go away eventually

The end

>Do all first issues with quirky female protagonists read like shit?
Yes, they all do. Have you not seen scans on Squirrel Girl, Mockingbird, Hellcat, etc?

>Mockingbird

Mockingbird had a lot of problems, but the Memento-style storytelling was pretty good in issue 1

three issue try I guess, not feeling it so far

ironically shes already been to the farm and shell likely be back there soon, same with nu-wasp

This one is really unsubtle about the female empowerment angle

so of course y'all hate it

(You)

ok

so her book gets canceled and they decide to have her hijack someone elses? really hope that mockingbird isnt going to take over this book

This was awful. None of the people feel like actual characters. Just representations of how they think people should act.

It's just really badly written, kinda like it was written by two PhD postdocs who don't write comics for a living.

Kamala is basically the caretaker of a retarded shild in this.

I was holding out for this book to be good, then remembered Jeremy Whitly was writing it.

I hate to say it, but... I wish Waid had been on this one. His Wasp issue of ANADvengers was actually pretty good and had an engaging premise with the naive, bipolar teenager having to deal with her own fuckups.
And this is just... cutesy Yaas Queen girls-can-play-too shit? Christ.

woman kept in a bunker for years, escapes, is naive to the world, but eager for new experiences?

HMMMMMMMM
youtube.com/watch?v=CV9xF8CjhJk

I do like the idea of a grumpy, jaded Mockingbird mentoring a protege though.

It's as if this was written by a human being with zero real life experience.

That is what happens when you write personifications of your causes, instead of characters.

So it's yet another shittily drawn quirky girl power thing where all the female character are besties and spend the whole issues blowing each other? Great.

>>G.I.R.L.
>>Genius in Action Research Labs
>>Not G.I.A.R.L.
You can't do that!

>The people who make this list are just looking after their own and that's terrible. So we should do the same!

I want people to know that this is why She-Hulk is going in the direction she's going. All these lady books out there trying to steal her charm and optimism and failing miserably at it. It's so diluted now.

Coming up with acronyms is really hard, ok? It's not like she's a super genius or something.

>Janet never had an ongoing
>le epic new quirky Wasp got one as soon as she debuted

Don't worry, they'll retcon this into being a stealth mini after it gets cancelled in six issues.

Have never dropped a book quicker. RIP Janet.

>All the worst parts of Squirrel Girl and Black Widow folded into one donut-like package
I do like Kamala helping someone out with citizenship

Do you think Mockingbird would be here if there hadn't been a scandal around her own series?

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

no. This pretty much fits in with the real-life backlash of Chelsea Cain's Mockingbird and the writers felt like they needed to pick up the torch of poorly-written female empowerment comics.

Gotta keep up that movie synergy

This comic is not for me.

This has tiny, tiny shades of Bandette in it and I like those, but holy shit everything else. I would have gone for an adult Jan book so hard, instead I get this.

No, the female quirky writers just use a handful of repeated characters:

Whor
Captain Carol
Kamala
Mockingbird
America
Kate Bishop
Hellcat
Squirrel Girl
Moon Girl

What are you talking about?

Please kill me

Janet is perhaps the most unlikeable female character in all of Marvel comics. Nay, all of comics period.

The only time she works as a character is when she's an alternate universe variant, and the only times where that worked was for the Marvel Adventures Avengers book, and the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon.

616 Janet is essentially salted earth.

Wow, I couldn't even make it past the first page without hating this. I hope it gets better.

>my waifu will never be tainted
keep fading into obscurity Troll, please

Silk?

Wait, you mean that other thing.

>Janet is perhaps the most unlikeable female character in all of Marvel comics. Nay, all of comics period.
Get fucked. Janet is great.

>Janet is perhaps the most unlikeable female character in all of Marvel comics

Who's Carol Danvers?

She is easily the biggest whore in whatever universe she is in. Never seen such a good consistency for a character that a lot of writers have used in a lot of books.

>tfw actual misogynists/fuckheads keep getting involved in criticism of dumb teeny books so it never sticks and you never get a book about an adult woman

Janet is so unlikable, that her greatest claim to fame is getting her shit slapped by Hank 30 years ago.

Why does NuMarvel think the only personality in existence is "wacky and naive?" We need to fire everyone there to stop this plague.

That's also hanks greatest claim to fame

I refer to Janet van Dyne is a great character. You probably also dislike Sue Storm, and have never read a substantial amount of comics featuring either.

This is sort of an inverse Black Panther.
Black Panther has amazing writing but is missing something to make it interesting while this has all of the things to make it interesting hamstrung by subpar writing.

It's a decent book for a young reader, but doesn't have the general appeal things like Marvel Adventures did. I'm not a 13 year old girl, so I won't be picking it up.
Might still pirate it for the sake of a few pages that I think are good like

>It started out with lols
>I hit these feels
Comic Book AIDS

Janet actually managed to be worse. It was tough, but she did it.

>"Soon we'll have babies out here fighting Thanos."
>"I have a fanfic like that!"
>"I read it! It was really good!"

I literally, audibly groaned in my house while reading that line.

>You probably also dislike Sue Storm
I'm not sure where this assumption came from. Unlike Janet, Sue is a responsible person and keeps the family together. She's likeable, respectable, and not a complete bitch.

that first panel is begging to be taken out of context

>Fuck off, character is great. Here is my argument
>...
>Refer to this non-argument while I deflect to an actual decent female character and strawman your personal character rather than form an actual genuine counter argument

Janet-fags everybody. Every bit as cuntish as the terrible character they admire.

Is this the worst Pym-Particle book of all time? Serious question since I doubt Black Goliath was too bad.

Hasn't it been a thing for decades?

Well that was a load of shit.

Well that was a good ol' read.

Let me sum this up for you in one image.

well, it was fucking time someone said that, the list is bull and good thing Nadia knows it

... and I talked too soon. I expect that this picks up. I'm a huge Pymfag and the daddy issues angle can be explored a ton, not to mention that Nadia should get to know her genetic brother William. There's so much shit material you can borrow from Pym mythos to help this book so I wait this isn't only female empowerment bull.

another d.o.a. book

This page. This cringe I feel. This is why I want to literally give up on comics.

I swear to god if it wasn't the half dozen decent few I read now I'd just fucking stop.

Like I get it, it's not meant for my demo but even the demographic that it's meant for is not going to read it. I'm not saying Marvel has to constantly pander to people like me but just give me fucking good writing.

Just please, I love comics, I don't want to give them up and yeah I'm being dramatic here but shit like this makes me feel like the years I spent reading comics wasn't worth it.

I really hope the writer sees this because I don't want them to think forcing in these cultural references to make these characters "relatable" is a good idea.

>Just please, I love comics, I don't want to give them up and yeah I'm being dramatic here but shit like this makes me feel like the years I spent reading comics wasn't worth it.
m8

Literally not what was being said but please continue your outrage.

It's more like "this has become insular and focused only on SHIELD AMD associates, we need to broaden the search"

Nadia isn't leaving the Avengers, right? She's still going to have one book worth reading, isn't she?

>t. Gail Simone

Mockingbird was only interesting in the last years in that cameo on Power Man where she was a crazy feminist and bantered with Songbird.