Rob Liefield launching EXTREME Cinematic Universe

>Graham King and Fundamental Films are partnering to secure the film rights to Liefeld’s Extreme Universe, which includes characters like Bloodstrike, Brigade, Lethal, Re‐Gex, Cybrid, Bloodwulf, Battlestone, Kaboom, and Nitro‐Gen. King will partner with Akiva Goldsman to develop the property with an eye to launch a film franchise. The pair plans to set up a writer’s room for the banner, which Goldsman will oversee, similar to his work leading the writer’s room for Hasbro and Paramount. King and Goldsman will produce the titles alongside Liefeld and Brooklyn Weaver with Weed Road’s President of Production Greg Lessans and GK Films’ Denis O’Sullivan acting as executive producers.

>Here’s what Liefeld had to say about the deal:

>“Over the past nearly 25 years, since launching Image Comics, I’ve been lucky enough to see the power of these stories and characters as they’ve resonated with several generations of comic book fans. To now be able to work with Akiva Goldsman and Graham King, who are powerhouses in their own right, to bring these compelling characters and conflicts to life on the big screen is nothing short of a dream come true!”

>King followed up with his own sentiment:

>“Rob has an uncanny ability to create unique stories with unforgettable characters and EXTREME UNIVERSE is no exception. These stories are fantastic and I couldn’t imagine better partners on this project than Mark and his team at Fundamental Films.”

>And Mark Gao, Chairman of Fundamental Films, also weighed in:

>“Rob Liefeld’s unique characters are in great hands with Graham and Akiva. We could not be more excited to see them bring the entire Extreme Universe to theaters and fans around the globe.”

collider.com/rob-liefeld-extreme-universe-movie-deal/

LMAO

>Liefeld is still popular enough to get work
Why

One thing of his worked Deadpool, so clearly everything else of his must be gold. See: Mark Millar.

It's easy to recognize and easy to read.

>Fundamental Films is based in Shanghai. They own a significant portion of Luc Besson’s production company, EuropaCorp, and are releasing Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets in China this upcoming summer.
All casuals must now leave this thread.

This is great news for anybody waiting for Luc Besson's adaptation of Alan Moore's Supreme or Brandon Graham's Prophet.

>EXTREME Cinematic Universe

Jesus Christ god no no no no no no

The cinematic universe thing worked for Marvel, sure, but Sony and DC handled it like a slippery wet pile of dog shit and they had Spider-Man and Batman respectively, two of the biggest superheroes of all time. Here, you're talking about multiple films, presumably multi-million dollar budgets for each one, a massive gamble to say the least. And what is the appeal? EXTREME Liefeld donut steels from the 90's?

It's gonna be hilarious when this shit flops. I just hope Liefeld is laughing all the way to the bank

Really not easy to read.

>scared mouse

>Rob has an uncanny ability to create unique stories with unforgettable characters
Has he ever made a single "unforgettable" character?

Literally every single one of his characters that are still relevant today are only so because other people took them and improved them a hundredfold.

>Rob Liefeld
>Akiva Goldsman
A pair made in heaven, huh?

cable?

none of that sounds interesting. I would much rather a Top Cow universe. Witchblade, Angelus, Velocity, Cyberforce.

>Top Cowdung
>interesting

Cable falls squarely in the "other people took them and improved them a hundredfold" category, broseidon.

>not liking Witchblade
how's life as a faggot?

>more interesting than Supreme or Prophet or Glory
Wew.

Liefield seems like a cool guy. Wishing him all the best.

The unfunnies movie when?

None of those characters were interesting under Liefeld though.

>liking poser art
>ever

I don't see how that matters.

It's not like the movies have to restrict themselves exclusively to Liefeld's interpretation of the characters.

By that logic you could make literally any character interesting as long as you had some good writers, so of course it matters.

Maybe Top Cow "could" have some good stories someday if "good writers" ever showed up, but that ALREADY happened for Supreme, Prophet and Glory.

So for that reason, Extreme > Top Cow.

>I've never read it so it must be all bad

Ok.

Hasn't he been trying to get a Youngblood movie for like a decade

I read one of their lesbian sex comics since it was the only Top Cow comic that I ever saw get praised on Sup Forums.

It was mediocre.

>>I've never read it so it must be all bad
But isn't that what you were saying about Extreme?

I accept your apology.

Who doesn't want Bloodwulf up on the big screen.
Goshcomeonguys.

Right after Trouble.

Bloodwulf, by acclaimed director Steven E. de Souza.

The nearest Mexican equivalent to Steven Spielberg!

so you read Sunstone, what does that have to do with the Topcow universe?

I read a different Top Cow lesbian sex comic, set in the Top Cow universe and featuring Top Cow characters having lesbian sex. It wasn't very good.

Why are you still here? You really have nothing better to do than complain about [comics you haven't read] getting movies while your lesbian sex comics aren't?

Not that user, but the only TC comic I liked was that Darkness mini about the Four Horsemen; it was Preacher-esque. The rest (Angelus, Switchblade) had conventional writing and ugly poser art.

Did Rob ever learn how to draw feet?

>By that logic a good writer could write a good story using any IP

Who has ever suggested otherwise?

>adaptation of Alan Moore
When has this ever been a good idea?

Is that Johnny Bravo?

When DC became incapable of producing a good Superman movie, the time became right for an Alan Moore's Supreme movie.

>still butthurt

>scared bunny

>very butthurt

But could an adaptation of Moore's Supreme, which was based on the comics' Superman, work in relation to the Cavill version?

It would be unintelligible to casual audiences. Too meta.

this sounds like an April fool's joke or something. dumb as hell.

There's only one way to find out.

>I don't like Alan Moore

>pouches
>no feet
LIEFIIIIIIIELD

you didn't like Angelus? it's good

>poser art
you are a literal idiot

Sejic pls

Is this what will kill the superhero craze?

I'd say yes.

>Liefeld kills the superhero craze
>again

Based Liefeld, truly the hero we need.

>Marvel bankrupts again, despite being Disney
>DC shrugs it off, keeps making comics and cartoons

There's an announcement for a Youngblood movie every other year, I'll believe it when it's playing at the local cinema.

I actually thought Jim was related to Stan as a kid when I first read comics featuring his art.

Top Cow fans don't believe it's possible since Top Cow still doesn't have any good stories.

The Extreme Universe is awesome, no fucks given. Even in the 90s. People forget that Eric Stephenson wrote practically every book in the line during the early Image years. No, he's not an amazing writer or anything but they were honestly some of the better written books the Image founders were involved with. And the universe is so fun. Anyone who likes the glorious clusterfuck that was 90s X-Men owes it to themselves to try Extreme.

That said I don't need to see these movies and I hope they don't get made. The fact that Akiva Goldsman is involved does not help.

>Top Cow vs. Extreme faggotry in this thread
>It's possible to have company wars cancer even within one company
Just fuck off the lot of you

>The fact that Akiva Goldsman is involved does not help.
He's also working on the new Star Trek.

Star Trek/Extreme crossover when? Come on, IDW, I know you greedy desperate fucks can smell the money.

Will Supreme be the Superman movie we need?

Fuck off, Liefeld.

That's Señor Spielbergo, you moron.

I would take Liefeld way before most modern writers, even tho his art and designs are indeed shit

>call him Liefeld to troll him
>he turns out to be Liefeld
Why does this board attract the worst losers?

Go watch more Linkara, you child. You have to have actually been alive in the 90s to have an opinion on this subject.

POUCHES GET

shame. next time.

Awesome. Has to be better than the marvel movie verse and DC movie verse.

>being this old and still in Sup Forums

>BloodStrike
>Lethal

Top kek. Imagine watching a movie where people are referring to each other like this. Will be hard to take seriously

I'd rather have an Image cinematic universe with Spawn, Savage Dragon, and maybe Ant.

cause he knows what a real man must be like

>thinking Marvel is good

KILL YOURSELF!

you can NEVER leave

>Rob Liefield launching EXTREME Cinematic Universe

Sure I'll set this news right next to the Valiant Universe and the Universal Monsters universe in the "bullshit till it's out" folder.

>didn't hear about Ninjak and the Valiant Universe

Is it weird that I'm interested in this?

Like imagine an interconnected universe of films that play out like insane 80's action movies.

Or an interconnected universe of films that are actually.....good.

>Image hiring unpaid interns again

all flops

Come on, it's just as goofy as any other superhero name. It's just trying to appeal to those sort of kids that listen to a lot of metal and believe themselves to be immortal dragon gods.