Marvel Executive Editor Promoted to VP, To 'Spearhead' Video Comics Initiative

newsarama.com/32601-marvel-executive-editor-gets-promoted-to-vp-to-spearhead-video-comics-initiative.html

>Press Release

>Maintaining his role of Executive Editor for Marvel Publishing Lowe has also been promoted to Vice President of Marvel’s Digital Content

>New York, NY – January 4, 2017 – Marvel Entertainment has announced that Executive Editor Nick Lowe has been promoted to the title of Vice President of Content, Digital Publishing for Marvel effective immediately.

>Nick will continue his work as Executive Editor, presenting Marvel Comics fans with exciting new characters like Spider-Gwen, Silk, Mosaic, and the Sorcerers Supreme. In the new role of Vice President of Content, Digital Publishing, Nick will explore exciting new corners of the Marvel Universe through Marvel’s Infinite Comics and further evolve the Marvel brand by crafting entirely unique original content beginning with Marvel’s Video Comics which recently premiered on Disney XD.

>Nick Lowe is another outstanding talent maintaining the visionary work of Marvel, the House of Ideas.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=itlc8E6MzD4
youtube.com/watch?v=k-dQlHA-VB8
youtube.com/watch?v=6CkB8CDd7N0
youtube.com/watch?v=do5VeBLfmeA
youtube.com/watch?v=gBVX_G2GAsM
youtube.com/watch?v=1R44MvXeEQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>presenting Marvel Comics fans with exciting new characters like Spider-Gwen, Silk, Mosaic, and the Sorcerers Supreme.

>Nick Lowe is another outstanding talent

>entirely unique original content beginning with Marvel’s Video Comics which recently premiered on Disney XD.
So what are those video comics like?

>maintaining the visionary work of Marvel, the House of Ideas.

>Marvel’s Video Comics which recently premiered on Disney XD.
What's a video comic?

youtube.com/watch?v=itlc8E6MzD4
youtube.com/watch?v=k-dQlHA-VB8
youtube.com/watch?v=6CkB8CDd7N0
youtube.com/watch?v=do5VeBLfmeA

Those weren't good.

>Nick Lowe is another outstanding talent maintaining the visionary work of Marvel, the House of Ideas.
All I remember about Nick Lowe is that strip from Ultimate Spider-Man were Bendis is choking him and making him say that "Wolverine and Peter switch bodies" was his idea

Innocent times

Jesus Christ. Motion Comics are not the future, Marvel. They are half-assed cartoons. No one wants that.

Clutch Cargo is more appealing to watch than this.

>Marvel’s Video Comics which recently premiered on Disney XD
>Fucking Motion Comics on TV

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT MARVEL YOU'RE OWNED BY THE BIGGEST ANIMATION STUDIOS IN THE WORLD AND STAR VS THE FORCES OF EVIL CONTINUES TO EAT YOUR FUCKING LUNCH

>Video Comics

Don't be stupid marvel, DC has the right idea with shorts like Vixen/The Ray and Superhero Girls just do real cartoons.

Christ, the Astonishing X-Men motion comics from five years ago had more "motion" than these...
youtube.com/watch?v=gBVX_G2GAsM

>Marvel’s Video Comics
What the hell is that? Motion comics?

See

>Marvel’s Video Comics
>which recently premiered on Disney XD.

>Motion Comics
>On TV

Is Marvel so cheap they don't want to hire animators?
So they make half cartoon half comic abominations on TV?

This is about the cheapest thing I have seen yet. The only word I can think of to describe this is jew

The fact this sentence even exists, written with a straight face no less, tells you everything about the current sad state of Marvel. Lowe is quite possibly one of the shittiest editors Marvel's ever had.

When you look at the motion comics made by Madefire, those look great!

I don't know about Marvel's stuff...

>motion comics
Are we in the 2000s again? A horrible inbred concept that should stay dead forever

How so? I've heard nothing but praise for the guy. He seems nice the one time I met him too

>exciting new characters like Spider-Gwen, Silk, Mosaic, and the Sorcerers Supreme
>another outstanding talent maintaining the visionary work of Marvel, the House of Ideas

Good, good. Let the butthurt flow through you.

>Remember when we had animated comics in the form of cartoons?
>Well NOW we have even better things like video comics, aka half assed cartoons with no motion, with shitty voice acting, and with disgusting people heading them!
The FUTURE we chose

>Marvel pushing motion comics on Disney channels
Disney was making fun of this kind of bullshit back in 2005
youtube.com/watch?v=1R44MvXeEQw

Now see, THIS looks good. You could easily make a full cartoon series like this on a budget and it could work.

I guess with Video Comics, Marvel wants to cut down the budget even further. The money grubbing fucks.

>Wakanda's never been invaded, never been conquered!
So this is basically movie tie-ins?

>kills Bambi's mom
>becomes VP

Wait isn't Nick Lowe editor of Amazing Spider-Man? Who's going to edit that now?

>Who's going to edit that now?
Probably some intern.

Marvel has editors?

"Editors" is just a title at Marvel, not a job.

you see, it helps if you have good art, voice acting and music. This is good.

Lowe has been the "editor" for Amazing Spider-man, which basically amounts to him going "you do you, Dan. I'll be over here twiddling my thumbs."

based samuel L Jackson

It is Marvel, what did you expect?

>Nick Lowe is another outstanding talent maintaining the visionary work of Marvel, the House of Ideas
>visonary work
>house of ideas

The guy basically really does nothing. He's the gold standard of "where the fuck are the editors" as he just allows the talent to run amuck and do whatever.

aka Marvel Executive Edito Promoted to VP, To Waste Time On A Concept That Nobody Will Ever Be Able to Make Appealing

Why make video comics when you can just make video?

Could only last 12 seconds watching this anal cancer.