Bu-Bum! La Strada Verso Casa

This Italian cartoon is about a group of animals trying to get a little boy home during World War 2. It premiered last year and has 26 episodes, I believe. All of the episodes are available to watch in Italian, but I could only find one video, on Vimeo, that was in English. What do you think about it? I really like cartoons that take place during the World Wars.

youtube.com/watch?v=snrDBNyQXCE

vimeo.com/86418487

>A peculiar group of animals wanders around Italy in winter 1944: Boldsteed, a strong Sicilian horse with a generous heart; Jack, an American military dog; Aurelia, a Roman cat with a talent for getting out of sticky situations; and Christopher, the long-winded rooster from Tuscany.

>Our group’s vagabond life is disrupted by their encounter with a lost small boy. He fell from a convoy of displaced persons, during an air raid. Because of the shock he can no longer speak, and his vocabulary is blocked on repeating the same two words: “Boom! Boom!”… so this is the name the animals give him.

>After an initial moment of stunned hesitation, the band of five decides to team up, take Boom Boom under their care and protection, and reunite him with his family.

Other urls found in this thread:

rai.it/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media/ContentItem-e0dbae2a-0c6a-4048-a870-a5013f85ff16-raigulp.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>World War 2
I predict a bad end.

>italian """"""animation""""""

The Italian episodes can be watched here. There doesn't seem to be any geographical restrictions.

rai.it/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media/ContentItem-e0dbae2a-0c6a-4048-a870-a5013f85ff16-raigulp.html

>It's a cartoon about WW2
>The trailer has ridiculously happy swing music
>Lost small boy? Plenty of other humans are shown including some hot chick

Admit it, this is just another shit show Sup Forums will obsess over because it has a 'waifu' in it.

I'll watch one, but it looks very much for kids

like mlp

Moments that deal with soldiers or the actual war aren't too sugar-coated from what I've seen. I believe Italy had already surrendered by the point this show takes place, but there are German soldiers still fighting in it.

The cat seems like the best character.

Are they the town musicians of Bremen? There was a Spanish cartoon based on that story, so I recognize the correct combination of animals.

> Watching English trailer on VIMEO

I can stand many things when in it comes to cheap production for film/animated projects... But when it comes to music, man I would beat the living *hit out of anyone who would even dare to use MIDI synth music as a tool for making soundtrack music.
Synth tools can be useful at certain moments, when the notes are not in the higher range...

But, oh boy, when there are moments like these
>violin music thru keyboards...
Cancer to my ears

>WW2
I wonder who the villains in the show are.

Oddly enough, I checked the archive on chance and somebody made a thread for this show just a few weeks ago. It got one reply before it died. Weird timing. I only stumbled across it today.

>*hit

im assuming you want something drawn of the cat so hit me

this looks Korean as fuck.

The story its really sad, I can manage to only figure out bits with my Spanish... I would watch if there was a sub.

I don't think she was meant to be attractive. She really looks kind of ragged.

Are you sure about that, user?

All I know is my gut says maybe.

nigger you better watch L'Isola del Tesoro, it is the fucking master masterpiece

Looks cute. I like the lighting.

The WWII setting reminds me of the Long Long Holiday.

Anyone know if the English dub aired anywhere? It's called Boo-Boom: The Long Way Home in English.

Some of these scenes look absolutely ridiculous. Irrelevant when it comes to it's animation quality. Some of them just make me cringe while looking at this.
If there is a show that handled WWII with a degree of care, and handled jokes so as not to make an idiot of itself - behold:
>Animaniacs S01E31 (with Rita and Runt)
is one good example of how you can handle a grim subject in a kids show and make it decent. Short and sweet.

One last bump. Not sure this thread has much mileage without an English dub.

drawing request per favore

Put the cat in a nazi uniform or something. I don't know.

On another note, omebody made a tvtropes page for this show. Pretty odd, considering how unknown it is.

Thanks Sup Forums