I only just made this connection

I only just made this connection.

Are there any Sup Forums references that took you too long to get?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EbTlK3perdI
vimeo.com/97680161
youtube.com/watch?v=tjRPLfZmao0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

IF YA SMEEELLL

WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN'

It took until I read Marshal Law to realize this was a parody

Wow you're really retarded

Didn't notice that Rick and Morty was a parody of the Doc/Marty relationship from Back to the Future until after the first season was over

shit was embarrassing, cuz

Is the whole show a parody or do they just reference BTTF once or twice? It's my favorite movie.

Teenage boy with a dysfunctional family gets roped into going on adventures with a mad scientist who is the boy's best friend.

Thats where the similarities end though, instead of time travel there's space travel and dimension hopping. Also the mad scientist is the boy's grandpa, and an alcoholic, and almost completely amoral. Also the boy might be retarded.

This

It's really not very similar. At all. You didn't "realize" shit, you read about it on the internet.

I wish. Actually, my friend told me, so I learned it in front of people, which is what made it embarrassing

Christ
vimeo.com/97680161

>Flaming Homer/Flaming Moe

Almost 20 fucking years before I got that this was a joke

I only recently realized that he's the "token" black guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=EbTlK3perdI

This guys name

It didn't stop there

>Ayam Aghoul
>Amin Damoolah
>Haroud Hazi Bin
>NEfir Hasenuf
>Queen Hippsodeth

>me@everyone in this thread

>hippsodeth

post her

She was Sultan's girlfriend.

She's actually a bit of a disappointment, in spite of her name

His full name is "Token Black".

It took me until three years ago to realize that the Krusty Krab is a crab trap.

I never realized that until fairly recently either, I always thought it was supposed to look like a pirate's treasure chest.

>realize
Told. I somehow doubt you just offhandedly knew what a crab trap was and didn't see the similarity.

On the commentary tracks, they said that when they pitched it to Phil Hartman (the original VA they wanted, before his untimely death) they described the Zapp character as " imagine if Shatner captained the enterprise instead of Kirk."

this

Nigel Uno's girlfriend is a parody of Thin Lizzy-- (fat) Lizzy.

Uniqua isn't any species because she's her own UNIQUE specimen

kms desu

>>Pc, stands for personal computer. I just got that.

...ans then you just decided to make a post to tell everyone how much of an idiot you are?

Hey, I only ever watched TNG cut me some slack.

Well yeah, but I mostly just wanted to find out what other obvious shit I might've missed.

Yep, there's a lot of things I am only geting now

>I can take you right there, lickety-split. North by northwest. Watch out for low-flying aircraft.

The actual series has more in common with Doctor Who than BTTF, but the original short was a very obvious BTTF parody.

>read about it
You are dumb. The whole show came from this: vimeo.com/97680161

When carnies took over the Simpsons' house, and Lisa cried "they're squatting in our house!". For the longest time I thought she was upset that the dad carnie was squatting down to look through the mail slot and thought it was an odd thing to focus on.

Then I learned the other meaning of 'squatting' and it made more sense.

Should have read the Op more clearly. Not a reference, I know. Just something that took me a long time to get.

I only just found out Meg was voice by Mila Kunis. Which... yeah, in hindsight I'm a fucking idiot for not noticing.

I just realized the reson why Superman is calked Superman is because hes a man but super
I'm such an idiot

I've never seen a crab trap that looked like that.

They might have seen a crab trap sometime later and eventually realized what they were.

It's not a reference but I didn't realize the Superman symbol was supposed to be an S in a diamond until I was like 10 or 12.

Yes I am aware how retarded that is.

The chharacters rick and to a bigger extent morty are loosely bassed on them
Thats it, roiland refuses to make time travel a thing but we all know he is saving it for the series finale

Th-that's an S?
(JK, I'm not that fucking stupid)

Yen Sid is Disney backwards.

... This is the first time I've considered that

You're telling me the KK isn't a treasure chest?
What the fuck

....I just got that.

I knew what a crab trap is- I just rarely see them. I believe I've only seen them on television.
I don't know why, but one day I was just lost in thought and my mind drifted to how the Krusty Krab looks like that.

Treasure chests don't have rope nets on the sides.

That episode was aired before the 9-11 attacks, though. It's only coincidence here.

Or is it?

I feel ya, user

Brilliant. Zap is probably my favorite Futurama character.

Jack Russell is Werewolf By Night.

"Jack Russell" is a breed of dog.

Go to bed, Byrne.

It's not an S. On my planet in means hope.

I still don't. What am I missing

Explain

An iconic scene from a classic Hitchcock movie that's been referenced and parodied in a bunch of other stuff:
youtube.com/watch?v=tjRPLfZmao0

What the fuck?
Not everyone is retarded as you, user

>Rick & Morty
>Doc & Marty

Literally all it took for my head to make the connection

Flaming Homo. Which works equally well with either of their names.

I had a similar realization as I just realized that a laptop is called that because it can be on top of your lap and a desktop can be on top of a desk about 4 months ago.

I was young enough when I first watched the incredibles that I completely missed the infidelity angle. I liked how the movie sort of referenced that, with Violet being concerned with their marriage while the younger Dash thinks Violet's retarded and Mom's clearly more focused on saving Dad from the bad guys.

I was probably about 8 when I first watched the Incredibles. I sort of got the infidelity inferences, but they didn't register anywhere near as it does now.

I've never seen that episode.

I... fuck. I guess I have brain problems.

>hippsodeth
That is some serious false advertising going on there.