/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

You're in the wrong place Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Rebels 3.11: "Ghosts of Geonosis" (January 7)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 3 - Mid-Season Trailer
youtu.be/upN-7ALj2OU

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LJyxPDEvo9U
youtube.com/watch?v=dbDVoNTaSbo
swgalaxymap.com/),
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=distance between two points&rawformassumption={"F", "DistanceCalculator", "point1"} ->"{9665.78,-10099.11}"&rawformassumption={"F", "DistanceCalculator", "point2"} ->"{0,-2131.37}"&rawformassumption={"MC", ""} -> {"Calculator"})
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=distance between two points&rawformassumption={"F", "DistanceCalculator", "point1"} ->"{9665.78,-10099.11}"&rawformassumption={"F", "DistanceCalculator", "point2"} ->"{8712.51,-10197.44}"&rawformassumption={"MC", ""} -> {"Calculator"})
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that was quick

I have to admit this trailer is nowhere near as hype as S2 mid season trailer was. And to think of it, there was nothing in it about the Sith holocron, was there? They aren't gonna postpone it till the next season, are they?
youtube.com/watch?v=LJyxPDEvo9U

Ah fuck

Reposting:
I'm both /hype/ for Season 3B but also ready for disappointment. I really hope there isn't much filler like space whales and the like.

I also really, REALLY hope Old Man Kenobi uses his lightsaber like in ANH with real reserved and careful strikes. I'm also surprised they're doing the Maul/Kenobi rematch in the show as opposed to doing it in the eventual Kenobi anthology film"

Is he natty?

Maul is finally going to die.

Let us press F to pay respects. Do not mourn him. Rejoice, as he is finally going to be at peace.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

F

I claim Sabine's mom as my waifu

After what happened to Ahsoka, I'm reserving my F.

post favorite first order/imperial officers and commanding officers

He should have fucking died a long time ago

>cataclysmic final battle
>Obi-Wan chops off Maul's hands a'la what Anakin did to Dooku
>leave Maul in the desert, refusing to kill him
>Maul later shown crucified to a krakt dragon ribcage by the Tuskens
>sand will cover this place
>sand will cover him
>forgotten forevermore

But I want him to live has an eternal witness to galactic events.

No, the current leadership became to egaged in the war and destroying the Sith. They have forgotten that destroying the Sith isn't meant to be the order's ultimate goal, but just a means to an end.

Why does Obi-Wan look like Alec Guinness, rather than a mix between him & Ewan?

Doesn't Rebels take place like 10 years before A New Hope?

First for Woody Harrelson being cast as Thrackan Sal-Solo.

We're currently less than 2 years before ANH.

Only one correct answer.

>they spare for a bit
>old man twirls
>fall over into a ditch
>groan about their arthritis
>suddenly maul starts to sob
>"I...miss my penis!"
>"Me too. It was a good friend."

And then the rest of the episode is about their creepy old man bonding and fucking with Luke by pulling down his pants with the Force in front of his friends, resulting in everyone calling him Wormie.

It started at 5 BBY and goes at the rate of about 1-1.5 years per season.

gota fucking love the sheev

Why did you ask? You could quickly look up when this show (and this season) is set.

Shit, never noticed the death troopers.

>didn't like one of the best Jedi bonding episodes they've ever done

I can't even process your shit taste.

>Doesn't Rebels take place like 10 years before A New Hope?
Uhhh, no? Rebels started out ~5 years before ANH(4 years and a few months). Here's the timeline:

5 BBY - Spark of Rebellion

4 BBY - Empire Day

3 BBY - A Princess on Lothal

2 BBY - Season 3

I totally would a GMILF Tarkin.

>No glorious Major General of the Galactic Empire's Imperial Army Maximilian Veers?

and dark troopers oddly enough, its like there trying to stuff as much canon as possible into rebels to make it good

"Hey Krennic, I'm stealing some of your Edgetroopers!"
"FUCK YOU, THRAWN! They're called Deathtroopers and they're TOO AWESOME for you! ... God damn fucking Grand Admiral. I should call up Mas Amedda on the space phone and demand a new promotion. Wait... My fucking voicemail is full again? CLICKING! Damn you, Poggle, how do your robocalls keep finding my new number!?"

I'm personally hoping if they cast him he plays an alien, like a Duros.

>want to play as a navy trooper in Battlefront
>need to grind to level 70
serves me right for playing it, I guess

Maul never dies, that's his curse

I wonder if they're going to bring in Yularen for all ISB biz to replace Kallus after he's discovered.

What dark troopers? The things Thrawn is sparing with are sentry droids. You'd know this if you watched the show and weren't Sup Forums scum.

FemKrennic is a top tier waifu.

That's a handsome lad. I'd do him.

So are they going to digitally reconstruct Carrie Fisher in Ep. 9 or are they going to kill her off screen in 8?

Yeah I wish. Duros don't get enough love. Then again the non-human major characters are only allowed to be droids or furry creatures that can easily be turned into plushies.

Sabine's mother is likely Rook Kast. Her helmet is the same.

is it wrong if I think thrawn is the most attractive

>Ezra is his jammies

youtube.com/watch?v=dbDVoNTaSbo

Well?

>playing Battlefront

>Maul gives Obi-Wan some fance sith holoprojector
>Obi-Wan uses to make it seem like he boarded the Millenium Falcon
>Vader never actually killed Obi-Wan, just his projection
>Obi-Wan and Maul chilling on Planet Hermit with Luke.

Yes. Krennic is the obvious choice.

About as much as any Imperial. The real question is is he nasty?

It's right to find Chiss attractive; perfection should always be a focus for admiration and lust.

exactly how much time passes between the end of RO and the start of ANH?

I can't wait for Rebels to cover the battle of Endor.

a few minutes.

10 minutes

They aren't going to kill him, he's come too far

Maul is doomed to live forever as an immortal being of rage

Negative 30 years.

So who is the new Fulcrum gonna be? Kallus?

Like a few minutes.

Very little

Probably not long, though in theory there's room for the chase lasting a while. Could be ten minutes if Scarif is near Tatooine

We haven't gotten a definitive answer to that yet, but probably no longer than 48 hours.

ayy lmao

Where do people get this idea that Rebels is so far away from A New Hope from?

good answer

Jar Jar

Hey guys, remember all that lead up to season 3 about Ezra struggling with the dark side, which they abandoned immediately after the first episode of the season? I remember.

I don't watch the show anymore, what happened with Ashoka?

You havin' a giggle, pal?

So has Pablo commented on the discrepancies between Lost Stars and Rogue One?

We already know Kallus is Fulcrum

Filoni being a huge faggot made a non-committed ending instead of finishing her off.

what are the discrepancies other than no mention of the battle of Scarif?

oh nice, the new dark troopers look badass.

sort of like a super battle droid.

it's that duros look so much like the classic ayy it's almost a little jarring

Oh huh must have skipped that episode.

It's not just lack of mention. Ciena was stationed on Vader's ship before the battle, and the chase after Tantive IV is specificaly mentioned as the first action she's seen on it. The same goes for Thane.

And then went back to when Maul showed back up? Yep, totally remember.

Her death was ambiguous

Claudia mentioned that the specifics are being ironed out, and there's nothing to worry about. Can't remember if Pablo has mentioned anything yet.

Just because Ciena didn't mention the planet Scariff, or specific details of the battle (of which she'd have seen basically none of it) doesn't somehow mean there was a continuity error

Living like a hermit changes a man.

>They ignite their lightsabers
>Seconds in they give up and tell campfire stories. I'd fucking love for Starkiller to show up as an inquisitor one episode that quits and just listens to an old dude that sounds a lot like him.

Wait, so are duros now canonically blue? Or is he just like a nigger duros?

Scarif was pretty much over by the time Devastator popped out of hyperspace and caught Rebel bugs on the windshield. There's no discrepancy there, chasing down Tantive IV was the actual engagement, not just a mop-up.

Someone tried doing the math on how long it takes to travel in hyperspace from Scarif to Tatooine. Going in a straight line, it would be about 10 standard hours, but a straight route probably wasn't possible. So it's anywhere between 12-18 standard hours.

Duros come in multiple shades in the green-blue range.

I hesitate to call his schizophrenic episode falling to the dark side. If someone with schizophrenia saw Hitler and tried to kill him, I don't think anyone would call that person evil.

This.

When the Devestator showed up, the Battle was over. The Rebels were literally hyperspacing away when it shows up.

Ciena missed nothing.

what happened to dodonna and riekan after ANH and ESB?

Ezra was about to kill in anger. Jedi don't do that...Dark Siders on the other hand...

That's probably being too conservative. At some point, Tantive IV would have to have dropped out of hyperspace to be picked up and have its location transmitted so Devastator could catch up. Until we know the how and why of that, we're kind of stuck, since it's known you can't track a ship in hyperspace without a homing beacon.

There are no discrepancies. Ciena just didn't mention Scarif, that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

And besides, she was just a rookie officer on a huge ship that arrived to the battle pretty much after it was over. It's likely she wasn't briefed on it because it didn't concern people of her rank.

>And to think of it, there was nothing in it about the Sith holocron, was there? They aren't gonna postpone it till the next season, are they?
The Sith Holocron was damaged alongside the Jedi one

I hope they get to what was alluded to in the Rogue One design discussions: that they are the result of a project to animate dead tissue.

I know that Frankenstorm troopers sound kinda ridiculous and off-genre, but given the existence of the decraniated the thought of doing something similar to a dead body and turning it into a storm trooper isn't that far-fetched.

And what, that's it? It will never lead to anything else? We will never find out who the Sith woman was? Didn't Dave mention how he wrote the backstory for her or something? For what purpose? There's gotta be more in store for her.

Slap a droid brain in and use machinery to animate the flesh! Probably costs more than it takes to get a new conscript or even just a normal droid, but is at least 40% spookier

Uncle Owen please be the one to put Maul out of his misery

That's not actually evil tho. Maul is too dangerous for them to even try to keep alive. Ezra would not be the first jedi to kill a sith either, unless you wanna call Windu a dark sider too.

it's kind of dumb

canon dark troopers look exactly like legends purge troopers, and both security drones and canon purge troopers look like legends dark troopers

>I hope they get to what was alluded to in the Rogue One design discussions: that they are the result of a project to animate dead tissue.
But that's wrong. They are named after actual zombie troopers, but it's just for intimidation. All we know about them is that they have cyber-implants.

He didn't say it was evil
He said it was out of anger, that's dark side shit

Holy shit, Kanan defeated Maul? How strong is he?

First, The distance between Tatooine and Scarif. So this was tricky since on Wookiepedia there is no distance between Scarif and Tatooine nor is there a distance to the center so Trigonometry won't help us. Luckily there is a simpler solution. This is a map of the Star Wars Galaxy (swgalaxymap.com/), and it has a useful feature of telling us the coordinates of each thing on the map. Unfortunately for us they are not in light years. Tatooine is 43,000 ly from the galactic center and using the distance formula here (wolframalpha.com/input/?i=distance between two points&rawformassumption={"F", "DistanceCalculator", "point1"} ->"{9665.78,-10099.11}"&rawformassumption={"F", "DistanceCalculator", "point2"} ->"{0,-2131.37}"&rawformassumption={"MC", ""} -> {"Calculator"}) we can find that the distance on the map is 12,526.5 units from the center. Some simple calculations give us that 1 unit is roughly 3.4 light years in the galaxy.

So doing the same thing here (wolframalpha.com/input/?i=distance between two points&rawformassumption={"F", "DistanceCalculator", "point1"} ->"{9665.78,-10099.11}"&rawformassumption={"F", "DistanceCalculator", "point2"} ->"{8712.51,-10197.44}"&rawformassumption={"MC", ""} -> {"Calculator"}) we find that the distance between Scarif and Tatooine is 958.328 units or (using our 3.4 to 1 conversion) it is 3258.3 light years between Scarif and Tatooine.

Is Pablo answering Rogue One questions now?

I wouldn't call him a white sider.