Who gave this the ok?

Who gave this the ok?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have no idea what show this is from or what the context is but that is some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen from Star Wars.

Me

You're a dick.

Autism did.

lol it made me laugh. Just like the semi truck in Age of Ultron.

I know

It's so stupid and yet so hilarious. Why would someone write this? I thought erasing the EU would lead to dumb stuff like this not happening.

It's from Star Wars Rebels and yes, even with the context it's still retarded.

Disney XD is basically disney channel for pre-stoner boys that belive that girls have cuties and Jonny Test and guitar solos between transitions are funny.

And giving it to then was not a healthy step

From the thumbnail in the catalog I thought this was someone complaining about Kylo Ren's lightsaber a year late and possibly on the wrong board. Can't say I'm glad I was wrong.

I thought it was Kylo Ren's lightsaber but Darth Mual style.

So wait is Maul a good guy again?

Disney
the toy company

yuuz vhong was still dumber imo

Spinning sabers made sense for Grievus, a non-force user cyborg....but giving the villain of the weeks the ability was so fucking stupid.

yuuz vhong are out of place in Star Wars, but its not a bad concept

>this is canon
>while pic related isn't
really makes you think

same

I love how the characters themselves are just standing their and staring, like even they realize just how fucking silly this is.

Why can't they just use the force to stop/take away their lightsaber and make them fall to their death?

We're they not the whole reason Palpatine formed the empire and the planet killing super weapons?

They're not sith lords or jedi. Basically one tier above Finn in the sword fighting skills.

This is part of why I have never been able to get in to clone wars or rebels. For every cool thing they do they do five things that are totally retarded and shit on star wars lore every bit as well as lucas ever managed to.

What the hell is your picture supposed to be

A while ago someone posted a couple comic strips about a dad who was a furry and was upset that his daughter was not. People were freaked out by his eyes so a couple edits were made. This one was just the first pic to stand out to me while looking through my reactions folder.

Motherfucker won't die

Same reason you can't just force choke your opponent to death whenever there is a gap

Shitty writing and universe

Disney Drones, ladies and gentlemen.

If it was from the EU, it's automatically dumber than anything Disney comes up with. Even lightsaber helicopters.

But the Vong are dumb.

Well the fight in OP's image took place on Malachor, there was a sith temple, and a sith holocron who had the same voice as Kreia/Traya. So it's partially canon at least.

If the war on Malachor was fought with helicopter lightsabers it's no wonder everyone came out of it a bit fucked.

Even aside from the pure silliness of spinning lightsaber helicopters, I don't understand how a cylindrical blade of plasma energy is able to move air enough to cause lift.

Pretty much true though. I'd take this over most of the EU any day.

They're not as bad as faggots make them out to be. In fact, I find the people who complain about them the most are the ones who've never actually read the books and just regurgitate the exaggerations other people have made about them.

But dumber than flying away on your lightsaber helicopter? Come on. And there's no way to misconstrue it, like you could from not reading the Vong books. It's right there. You can see it. And it's pretty fucking stupid.

There's repulsor lifts in the handles, its not the actual blades producing lift.

Nah the war on Malachor had Kylo-Ren looking sabers. Helicopter sabers were given to Vader's inquisitors because Sheev and Vader trained them wrong as a joke.

How does that change how stupid it looks?

Did they approve this shit just so they could make some kind of Inquisitor action figure with super saber twirling action?

>guys I'm tired of writing about republic vs empire, let's introduce a new enemy. Let's make them use vastly different technology, have a vastly different culture and make it so that the jedi can't curbstomp them. Oh yeah, let's make them super edgy and make shit up as we go so it turns into a clusterfuck and let's kill a bunch of beloved characters because we need attention the marvel way

vs

>dude what if you spun a lightsaber so fast it worked like a helecopter

There is no need to be upset.jpeg

The first one is at least thinking outside the box. The second one is like a bull session between two stoned second graders.

>>dude what if you spun a lightsaber so fast it worked like a helecopter
But that's not how it works.

The lightsabercopter at least makes sense from a Physics perspective, even if it looks silly.

>Marvel defense drones are actually trying to defend this

Why? Is your boner for Star Wars just that hard?

He never was a good guy.

I think it's a silly thing to get upset about half a year later. I always liked the Inquisitor sabers but that's because I like the reason they exist. Easy now, friend, it's just a Star War.

Man Rebels had some problems but it was good for the first episodes

Then they went full retard and brought back Maul AGAIN

It's almost as if they're making up for Maul not being in the movies for long by shoving him into everything

>The lightsabercopter at least makes sense from a Physics perspective

How does the blade work then?

Yes

Cool more Evil Helicopter noises.

Have them fly into conflict to Flight of the Valkyries

I think it's silly to get upset over the Vong 17 years later, but people still do it. They even use it to defend sabercopters.

Rebels did a lot of things right, but yeah shit got goofy in a few places.

I like how brutally a lot of stormtroopers die by the masses, I wouldn't expect that from Disney XD.

Well its a solid object until it hits a disruption.

The blade in the heli saber. How does the crystal/emitter in the stationary hilt allow the blade to spin while the hilt remains in the same spot?

The crystal and emitter are not in the stationary hilt.

Khyber Crystals aren't kept in the hilt but in the ring part?

Microbatteries Son. Something could be built into that emitter to allow a sustained blade as long as there wasn't something to disrupt it.

For all we know the entire inner ring could remain in contact with the emitters to enable a constant blade.

Many ways could be worked out on how a laser sword can be a helicopter.

Its all in the design least the old canon was. Some had multiple crystals all in the handle next to the power cells to alter the blade lengths and widths.

But yea that design its easy to just write it as the focus crystals being in the emitter heads.

>Many ways could be worked out on how a laser sword can be a helicopter.
Inspiring words.

That is the dumbest fucking shit I have seen in a long while.

What makes them out of place in Star Wars? The fact that they were somewhat exempt from the Force or that they worshiped gods?

He doesn't even know. He never read the books.

>Many ways could be worked out on how a laser sword can be a helicopter.

True, which is why I don't care about how they manage to get the blades to spin as fast as a propeller. The point is that this weapon seems like something created up while laughing about Sheev's "It's treason then" line

The toy department

I thought the same about pretty much every Maul episode in TCW.

The fact that they were extragalactic. SW is a very contained story where antagonists are often in your own backyard, so to speak, because of the obvious analogies to real world villains. The Vong are an okay concept better suited to a different universe.

You wanna know why it happened? Because some poor animator working a 72 hour week to meet deadlines with his manager and mickey mouse breathing down his neck went slightly loopy. Hallucinating and jittery from sleep deprivation he made lightsaber helicopters in this foggy haze of fatigued madness.
Much in the same way they slip tits in childrens cartoons because they haven't seen their wife in a month because they've been camping under their desk trying to meet the next deadline.

>SW is a very contained story where antagonists are often in your own backyard

Yeah, and they fought those guys. All the time. I don't blame them at all for bringing in something fresh

the cartoons are good they said

the cartoons don't have any wacky bullshit they said

It seems that animators are the root of all evil

youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo

>that "what the fuck" body language from maul and everyone else

loving every laugh

I will never forgive them if they make the unknown voice Kreia.

Somewhere out there, Avellone/Obsidian have drafts for Kotor III that they like to work on in their downtime just for fun.

This is anal waste.

LET'S TRY SPINNING, THAT'S A GOOD TRICK

He asked why they were out of place in Star Wars not why they brought them in.

They really aren't though.

>Helicopter sabers were given to Vader's inquisitors because Sheev and Vader trained them wrong as a joke.

>tell the new recruits that they can helicopter fly with lightsabers
>if they can';t do it, they're just not cut out for doing this
>laugh with Sith watching them spin the blades around trying to fly
>after a few months, the madmen actually fucking do it
>Vader's face when

Its from the same team that made TCW.

No, no it fucking doesn't.

The first half of #1 that was a decent idea.

#2 was retarded from start to finish.

This is screencap worthy

I want them to reintroduce Darth Traya and re-reveal her as a manipulative Sith Lord just to piss off all the ignorant Kreiafags.

EH, I wouldn't say that. I didn't write it that well or anything.

I feel like this will come up again some day, and now there is a picture for it.

Shh, let him post it on reddit to laugh with his buddies. Don't ruin this for him.

It isn't.

I can't see this and not think of the characters going "wheeee!"

>I will never be autistic enough to have something silly like lightsabercopters ruin a show for me

The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Nope. You will always be just autistic enough.

Just imagine how autistic you had to be to feel the same about Kylo's Lightsaber

Why do they even need rotor action?
They can jump really high and far just using the Force.
Even slowly flying would be more acceptable than this.

Rebels episodes are animated fully for a season, typically, before the previous season has finished airing. Deadlines isn't exactly a problem.

The Dark Side is going to rule the galaxy at the end of Episode 9. Jedi are cannon fodder.

they still have deadlines, though, even if they're not "you need to finish this so we can air it tomorrow morning at 7"

Didn't the show itself make fun of this by having one of the bad guy's sabers explode on him and have him fall to his death?