This show feels incredibly underrated

This show feels incredibly underrated.

Other urls found in this thread:

comfy.moe/jsfynq.mp4
comfy.moe/xgzvos.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=C-xWQGM59q0
youtube.com/watch?v=lYJAYUf1BN4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i saw a few of chapters, its kind of funny, but Idk, it's not my favorites, it's not my style

It is.

The style mashup kinda drove me away but after watching a couple of episodes I noticed it was actually good.

>chapters

>the ameming r/world of gummit
>underrated

Classic Sup Forumsmbler

On the internet? Yes
with kids? No (like 2nd place behind TTG in reruns)

Best show on CN

I stopped watching it because Season 1 was putrid. I did see some Season 2-3 episodes after that, but never got into it. Then someone uploaded a clip of "The Choices" and that fucking pulled my balls into bingewatching it.
The animation is just amazing, the character's designs are one of the most original things I have ever seen on a cartoon, and the plot of some episodes can be really fucking simplistic, yet a master piece. Also that thing that Spongebob does when they put obnoxious, exagerated faces on characters? Gumball somehow manages to do it correctly.

Too bad it doesn't have LE DEEP LORE ala Steven Universe, otherwise it would probably be 90% less underrated.
Just trying to spill the truth.

(unrelated pic)

True but at the same time I think the people who do watch it over rate it. It's a funny show but that's it. It has a lot of cliche tropes and flanderized characterization.
It does have some clever gags though.

It's rated just fine.

i think he means the fanbase in general (discussions and shit like that).

Personally i felt like the humor always fell flat

The only humor in the show that feels that way to me is the "Gumball is a dick for no particular reason" episodes. The references, quips and slapstick are otherwise pretty decent.

Actually they made an episode about that lmao. "The Test"

TAWOG is one of the most inconsistent cartoon shows I have ever watched, at its worst, its almost unwatchable, with writing all over place and bizarre scenes that make me cringe out of my damn skin.

At its best, it's a pretty intelligent show with a heart of gold, the humour and all the self-referential gags have had me crying at times, It's really that good.

The animation is actually mind blowing at times, and the way they blend 3D and 2D is almost seamless, it works really well.

TAWOG is not afraid to be current either, I'm sure the emoji and YouTube ad jokes will stagnate down the road, but it's just, I dunno, refreshing.

I just wish the quality was more consistent, S1-2 had some
Real stinkers, thankfully they've gotten less as the series has aged, S1 is enough to turn most people away from the series, it doesn't even feel like the same show.

>underrated

It's the second most-aired cartoon on CN behind TTGo.

>>TAWOG is not afraid to be current either, I'm sure the emoji and YouTube ad jokes will stagnate down the road, but it's just, I dunno, refreshing.

it's because they aren't afraid to slam the fuck out of them, instead of including them as harmless, puffy "us internet generation kids, right?" nods.

that's why so many fail, they don't understand they have to have something to say.

>It's the second most-aired cartoon on CN behind TTGo.

And the third most aired cartoon never airs.

Making mythos and lore the centrepiece of gumball would take away what makes it good in my opinion.
Amazingly, gumball has lore, but it's never hamfisted, frankly there's only so much shit you can tell in 10 minutes but the show has touched on some interesting topics, like the racism and prejudices that exist between 2D (drawn) characters and the CGI ones

thats because u are a pleb

I think for a lot of cartoons, making the wink toward memes and shit is enough, This is why I have respect for We Bare Bears as a cartoon, as mediocre as it can be, it at least has the gusto to embrace modern culture and explore its themes properly

What's the 3rd?

The joke was that nothing else ever airs because TTG monopolizes the airtime.

Nah it's rated about right

It was good at the beginning, but at this point it has turned into absolute shit

I think this guy is probably pretty right.

I've seen a handful of TAWOG. I've hated most of what I've seen. It's a lot of fucking fast paced dumb kid humour or meme jokes. They reference fucking Pepe the Frog ffs.

Though I did see an episode where the monkey teacher tries to pin the two with detention or whatever it was and that episode had comedy timing gold, holy fuck. It was a focused story, no retarded memes or wacky kid humour. It reminded me of old Spongebob timing, really, I liked it, so I decided I might watch it if it was on sometime. I did and just saw more shit so I became indifferent again.

I would imagine I'd enjoy the show for all of it's odd animation styles and choices,like I love how Gorillaz did it in their videos, but I find it obnoxious as hell. It's just got ADHD all the fucking time.

comfy.moe/jsfynq.mp4
comfy.moe/xgzvos.mp4

>They reference fucking Pepe the Frog ffs.
No, they didn't.

This shit gets posted in every fucking Gumball thread.
It's getting to Pennyfag levels of annoying.

They did. There's some background character who is green, a frog-like thing, and is intentionally 'bitty' and choppy with a smug look on his face and a fucking hand on it in the same position. Look it up. I don't recall the episode or the scene, but I saw it and dropped the show right there

it's the guy who made them shilling.

Found it

I don't know man, it seems like a stretch.

Best post The first season is not that bad tho. It has the best artstyle

>that smug expression
>that hand
Holy shit you're right, they're probably referencing Pepe.
wtw I hate gumball now

How the fuck CAN it be? I'm sure the show has referenced more shit. It's definitely an 'internet-aware' show. I haven't seen that much and I know there are episodes where the kids just go on the internet and watch stupid animated youtube video parodies. The guys at CN have a lot of faith in the internet relevance to pull in kids (TTG, PPG)

Goddamn it, see?

>NAZI ALT-RIGHT HATE SYMBOL

I think that's a good thing.

That's the problem with describing good, simple things. What are you suppose to say about them? How good they were? The only time a product gets tons of talkback is if:
>It's awful
>It has a lot of mystery

That's why GF and SU get threads up the ass because they're both.

I lost it during every interaction these two had.

I've seen the stillframe in the catalog before and just assumed it was a cat joke. Now I'm disturbed. Can someone tell me the context here?

>"I hate fun"

They pretended to recognize each other as friends once, while knowing literally nothing about each other, but they've kept up the charade for so long that neither of them wants to be the one to admit that they don't actually know who the other guy is.

Things escalated.

The whole episode starts with an awkward interaction between the two and rather fess up they try and play it cool like they meant it to happen. At which point the awkwardness just keeps escalating till the above happens.

Gumball got a wiener to touch his body.

>Awful shows get tons of talkback

If that were true, TTG and PPG 2016 talkback threads wouldn't be practically nonexistent.

That's amazing.

less so.

TTG does get a lot of shit-on threads and is often brought up in many threads as, "Fuck CN for marathoning YOUR NEW FAVORITE SHOW" or "CN just wants to kill all shows to be the Teen Titans Go! network".

And the first few months PPG 2016 was around, there were fucking threads nonstop. But it goes into the reverse spectrum of "This show is so good!" where after a certain point of the same thing, what are you suppose to say beyond, "This show is so bad!". How many more times can we make a nuPPG animation errors thread before it becomes unfunny?

Don't get me wrong, I love Gumball. I just don't think it needs to popular or else its fanbase will end up like most popular shows' fanbases.

I said talkback threads, not threads in general. For instance, when a new ep of TTG or PPG 2016 premieres, it gets very little posts, if one even bothers making talkback threads for those shows.

A fanbase is a good thing. We used to have one (S1-S3)

People typically don't go to generals to shitpost, because it's easier to get (You)'s if you make an entire thread about how bad something is.

Yeah, I remembered. What happened to them after S3?

Hiatus, the new mods and the newfags from tumblr killed the fanbase

the "oldfags" were autistic tumblerinas themselves.

remember how many of them championed gumball as a trans character for being girly and dressing up? remember those cringy posts about how gumball helped them "come out"?

if you don't remember you weren't even there.

I really love it, but there are times whenever they use live action footage for certain things like with facial expressions (excluding for Sussie and her family) sometimes, it feels a bit lazy when they could animate it.

>remember those cringy posts about how gumball helped them "come out"?
Those were a minority tho. Maybe 2 or 3 faggots.

Who's this "Pennyfag" you speak of? What's he like? Does he rant about her new appearance? Does he always bring up shipping between the two?

because it is

I fucking love the show, its so great, so fun
I've always thought the creators must have such a good time making it

youtube.com/watch?v=C-xWQGM59q0

>chapters

?_?

"Feels"? It "feels" underrated to you OP? Interesting. Please tell me how that works, exactly. Please explain to me how you "feel" a cartoon is "underrated". That's really interesting how you can "feel" inanimate objects, but go ahead, we're all waiting and looking forward to finding out more about this phenomenon you're supposedly "capable" of - the "feel"ing of an animated television show for children.

A predator reference in a kid's show? Solid.

what the fuck is wrong with you
do you want replies this badly?

The has hands down th the best animation of any cartoon at least in th last decade. The overwhelming polish despite countless forms of animation is outstanding.

Also the scene where they slowly degrade the animation until the characters are literally on sticky notes is pure kino: youtube.com/watch?v=lYJAYUf1BN4

Also it's nice to have a good cartoon that just focuses on being funny instead of adding a ridiculous fanfiction level back story to eveything

not the first one they make

This is excellent bait, am copy pasting for future.

Okay wtf is actually happening here? What ep?

>Chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters chapters

I take it english is not your first language?