New Mutants trailer

What the heck is this? Will this bait and switch looking movie be Fox's next Fan4stic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HwT879-4Wjs
vimeo.com/192895230
youtube.com/watch?v=uLOMdddg11A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is supposed to be X-Men? The fuck?

I know right i was excited too i don't know what the fuck is going on in the trailer

Trash. It should look like this not a crappy modern horror movie.

nice link buddy

The current Fox cycle has been one good/amazing Marvel movie after a bad one, so if this is trash it means Dark Phoenix should be good/amazing.

why don't you post the link you fucktard?
youtube.com/watch?v=HwT879-4Wjs

>we don't need no education
jesus christ what a shit show

They are marketing this as an horror? WTF?

Surprise kino?

>Maisie Williams
>Anya Taylor-Joy
>Charlie Heaton

Meme actors, but I like 'em all

>show

It's a movie.

>creepy face stretching through the wall

This really needs to stop

>This isn't a hospital
On the one hand, at the very least it's not the clichè of special people being abused in a place supposed to help them
on the other
>this is a haunted house
HAHA wat

I gather Dani and Illyana's presence can and probably will justify some of this, but it's still a weird primary direction to go with.

Meme post, but I like them too.

So, di they alread drop the Logan's kids plotline?

>creepy face stretching through the wall
>This really needs to stop

It's a classic though.

Why Fox is doing separate movies for the New Mutants and X-Force when the later is a direct sequel of the former?

They could have named this movie Generation X but I think this brand is already tainted.

They should walk by a room where on the other side a young girl is talking to herself in Spanish just to mess with people.

shit-show

>THIS ISN'T A HOSPITAL...
>IT'S A HAUNTED HOUSE!
What the hell is this?

Alright, time to give the rights back to Marvel

Really? It's weird but at least it trying something new. Better than another stale Disney quipfest anyway.

This would be utter garbage even if it wasn't X-Men, but connecting it to, and forever marring the new mutants with it is terrible on an entirely new level.

>stupid slow spooky version of "Another Brick In The Wall"
I'm really sick of this trend of stupid spooky slow versions of classic songs in trailers

>>stupid slow spooky version

It's actually the unaltered group chorus you stupid fuck.

>it trying something new.

Looks like another teen horror flick

For a capeshit it's a newgrounds

No instead it’s another cheap horror shot for a dime.

Still looks like shit.

Magik?

It has to be a prequel, because Sunspot was in DOFP.

That sort of comparative logic will have studios playing Rubik's cube with genres until you realize you're being sold the same repackaged shit whatever angle it takes.
>Inb4 nothing new under the sun anyway
Then don't bring up novelty.

it's a haunted house

Apparently this might be R rated.

so who do we have

>magik
>wolfsbane
>moonstar?

are the guys meants to be hotspot and cannonball

Yes, and she's very qt. I hope they use code names in this one. "The Gifted" uses code names very well.

ITT people who've never read the fucking comic trying to look like experts. It's an adaptation of the Demon Bear Saga. I know it might be new to you guys but superheroes tend to dive into multiple genres, from pew-pew fight space aliens to fighting ghosts and monsters and shit.

Who are these nobodies and where is wolverine?

>hotspot

kek

She's a freak show, only uglier female I see on TV is that GOT chick.

Demon Bear wasn't a full on horror, you moron.

Demon Bear?

That's a bear of considerable size.

You clearly missed the phrase 'adaptation' in the above, genius. You see, comic book movies CHANGES things. OH MY GOD. WHAT A SHOCKER.

>where is wolverine?
I got some bad news for you user...

That's like 30 years from now Old Man Logan timeline. New Mutants are in current time.

Holy fuck that was awful. Outside of VVitchfu
this was pure ass milk.

Meme tier we want the GOT and stranger things audience casting... Ugh fuck Fox. I'm so sick of them.

Yeah, its the girl from The Witch who wanted to live deliciously.

Great casting. But this trailer is goddamn awful.

It's weird. I don't remember the Demon Bear saga having the team locked up in a haunted insane asylum with ghosts coming out the walls and a jumpscare around ever corner.

For you.

I-I- just want the original Xmen

...shit happens but we're a happy family?

Looks like shit.
Why the hell do horror trailers ALWAYS have the severe strobe cutting effect on one scene with loud obnoxious noises to accpmpany it, like its supposed to scare me instead of annoy me.
is there a name for this cliche in horror trailers?

I think we're getting the classic five with Illyana swapped out for Shan. I hope we get Magma too. And maybe Cypher, I'd like to see what they do with him since he's shtick is fairly useless.

>We're remaking Chinatown
>But get this, it takes place inside a haunted house!
>... Jesus what are you so mad about? We're just trying something new, its an adaptation!

>all these marvelfags crying Fox are trying to make a capeshit film not boring
lmao pajeets dont worry Thor 3 is out soon!

>I hope we get Magma too. And maybe Cypher

They already confirmed no Magma and no Cypher.

Thank god.

Plot twist: she's the same girl from The VVitch

Nice one bro!

What a terrible fucking trailer. I was looking forward to this too.

Since this movie has a couple of odd looking qt girls, does that mean /our girl/Jenny could end up in a cape movie soon?

>reee why is my capeshit not verbatim to comics and my mind!!!!
state of you

>cheap looking capeshit "horror" from Fox

what could go wrong?

I loved the Legion tv series and that was 99% new material that was different from the comics.

The difference is that was well crafted, this New Mutants thing just looks like straight fucking garbage.

that would have been good had the studio not shit the bed realising what they had done with Trank making a bodyhorror film

>Fox fired Bryan Singer and prevented his 90's X-Men followup for this

And casting a black guy to be Johnny Storm.

Which doesn't preclude from those changes being shit, Foxshill.

And actually making it remotely like the fantastic four

literally had nothing to do with why the movie was bad, why bring it up?

because muh comics

Johnny Storm is a white blonde dude with a white blonde blue-eyed sister. When you make him a black guy and keep his sister white and just try and blow it off with one of them being adopted it confuses normies and pisses off fans.

if you couldn't tell that the movie would immediately be shit because they cared more about diversity hires than source material then you're an idiot

>it confuses normies and pisses off fans.
You're full of it, and refuse to accept the major problems being a shitty script, crappy special effects and crappy acting. But sure, cultural marxism is what made it tank.
>they cared more about diversity hires than source material
Yes, because the only thing it got wrong was Johnny being black right? The only idiot here is you, and how obsessed you are with the color of his skin than how poorly the movie was made overall.

>But sure, cultural marxism is what made it tank.

Who is making that argument? I mean besides your strawman?

Fantastic Four can fail because it had a terrible script, terrible effects, bad acting AND because they tried to blackwash an iconic character. So can The Dark Tower. It can be both. It is both.

there was a shitload wrong with the movie johnny being black wasnt the only thing i cared about but it was an obvious warning sign that the movie would suck

Looks like absolute garbage.

>They are marketing this as an horror? WTF?
the director has been saying it'll be a horror film from the beginning. he says it's THE SHINING with mutant teenagers fighting a demon bear.

vimeo.com/192895230

>maisie and sophie in the same franchise
>wolfsbane is a canon lesbian
>jean is canon bisexual

is it finally happening?

I doubt the two groups will ever crossover.

>mutants who can;t control their powers and are locked in an asylum

Gee, what an original concept

Seinkewicz did so much coke back in the day.

It must have been a ton of fun to work on Legion.

>not another generic capeshit movie
>mid tier budget movie instead of a blockbuster one

Return the X-Men to Marvel? More like can we give more Marvel characters to Fox instead.

there will be a fun-pop-guardians of the galaxy-like trailer for it in 1 month, screencap this

Ok kid you haven't given a reason why Marvel would be doing anything better than Deadpool, Logan, and New Mutants.

>We don't need no education starts playing

God I fucking loved Legion, need to rewatch it soon.

For all the bad shit Fox has made, when they get it right it's top tier

>Ok kid you haven't given a reason why Marvel
Don't pretend to be an adult after failing basic reading comprehension.
My exact point was the fact anyone thinks using the septic tank Marvel periodically fills with whatever its pisses out as a bar to inform them where another superhero movie sits is exactly why comparatives are worthless.

Also, thanks, I always get a chuckle watching Sup Forums coin flip on the reception to Deadpool.

What is this garbage? Why can't they top X-men 2?

youtube.com/watch?v=uLOMdddg11A

>lets use our Marvel X-Men/mutant property
>use only noname characters and only one famous actress
>lets make it a horror film because cheap af
>lets make it a hounted house story with shitty jump scares
>only need a house set and no outdoor shots so cheap af

It's the Paranormal Activity tactic. Tiny budget for a film in the cheapest genre. Filmed on a single sound stage/set. Use property for hype and marketing. Sell a shitty horror flick by including some irrelevant capeshit characters. Brilliant. Financially I mean. The end product is gonna be garbage of the highest order.

>>use only noname characters

They';re literally the New Mutants. Who would you want them to use?

>use only noname characters

Read a comic book some time loser.

If I wanted to make a cheap horror flick I'd also just use noname teens instead of the alpha team. No need to use Cyclops or Wolverine or the others because then the movie would probably end up being a saving the world story rather than a haunted house and that would cost a lot. Main mutant actors are also way more expensive.

>heck

Good golly gosh batman looks like a real faggot