/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Dark Shadow Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Rebels 3.11: "Ghosts of Geonosis" (January 7)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 3 - Mid-Season Trailer
youtu.be/upN-7ALj2OU

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

first for the best lightsaber

Wait a second: If Maul can claim the title of ruler of Mandalore because he took the Darksaber, isn't Ezra technically the ruler of Mandalore currently?

Second for Ezra is a buttslut.

That's not EIV Anakin saber

But that's wrong.

Fuck off.

I know, but the green one was a culmination of lukes journey to be a jedi, and is symbolic of him accepting his own belief, instead of being handed it by others

also, at the time, no one had a green saber, so it just blew me away when he snapped that baby on and it was nothing we have ever seen before

Peter probably only had one big complaint
>Why isn't Christopher here?

I like that. But the basket-guard and quillons are kinda pointless unless they have an energy field like a Magnaguard staff.

>basket-guard and quillons are kinda pointless
beauty is never pointless

>I know, but the green one was a culmination of lukes journey to be a jedi, and is symbolic of him accepting his own belief, instead of being handed it by others
I don't understand at all where you're pulling this from. It's green instead of blue.

>season 4 of TCW opens with 4 straight episodes of gungan/Jar Jar bullshit
why

i think it looks to ornate and smooth to look like it was made in star wars, they deliberately used camera parts and added banding and alernating tube sizes to give a more greebled look, and to give it that star wars flair

I love this one

>beauty is never pointless

It is if it doesn't serve any purpose.

Function first, form second.

They're tolerable in TCW, I guess. Still find Gungans to be really hideous looking.

How do you feel about a lightsaber claymore?

I'm only on season 1 and he's already directly caused the deaths of two clones and a senator. Why do they keep letting him go out in the field again?

I heard that Naboo fared really really well under the Empire because Sheev felt sentimental about his homeworld. Is it even possible for Sith to have such feelings?

That's not true though, Gungans don't show up to the Mon Cala until the second episode.

>people who said Tatooine/Obi-Wan vs. Maul would never appear on Rebels

>It is if it doesn't serve any purpose.
Beauty is its own reason for Being.

anakins saber was handed to him, along with the knowledge that vader killed his father

he returns with his green saber, and makes up his own mind about his father, rather than accepting obi-wans claim that vader can never be redeemed

So the Rogue One Visual Dictionary says that Mon Mothma fled Chandrila after publicly shitting on the Emperor. I'm willing to bet that's the plot of the Rebels episode she's in.

looks like a Prequel era lightsaber to me.

Still want the new canon version of how he build that one.

>he doesnt like the hand-made utilitarian look of most sabers
did you commission your light saber from a weapon smith like a pampered rich kid, instead of making it yourself?

That's because they're fighting on Jedha. Obi-Wan travelled there to pick up the green lightsaber crystal he knew Luke would need in the future.

What's the matter, are you so terrible with your hands that you cannot make something of purpose and beauty with your own hands?

Jar jar i get

But theres literaly nothing wrong with the rest of the gungans

And if you think they in anyway detract from.those episodes you are truly lost to faggotry

What was the old EU version?

I'd be fine with it without the quillons. A Lightsaber hilt up to 2ft long is fine. But those quillons kill it's functionality.

in a cave, with a box of scraps

it's not so much the gungans it's that the underwater fighting looked really dumb

>that filligree
Im sorry i didnt spend 20 years of my life learning metal work, i was busy learning how to remove limbs from people with my lightsaber

peacefully of course

Nah, these are the best lightsabers

how about a sabre?

Well that he, uh, just build it and that the green crystal was a synth one. Of course in the new canon he needs to find the crystal first and that is mostly what I'm curious about.

>perfectly smooth casing
REEEEEE

"no"

god this is so fucking retarded

Did Vader and Sheev design those things in an elaborate spinning vs. highground joke?

No fuckboys allowed in this thread

Unless their master has spoiled them

given how the inquisitors are instantly beaten by ahsoka and maul, even 2 on 1

i really dont think the inquisitors are a good look at proper saber combat

Can't stop me.

Qui-Gon had a better one, but that is good too.

>more Darksaber mando bullshit
FUCK

Absolutely amazing

Do you know how Ahsoka beat the Inquisitor in her novel?

What's the point of a two handed weapon with a weightless blade?

true spinning comes from within, not with the aid of technology. that is why the inquisitors fail.

how?

Pretty fine. The guard isn't keeping the hand from where it'd ideally be controlling the point of balance (if such exists with lightsabers) like , so in all it's really not an absurd design.

More leverage to overwhelm your foe when the swords clash?

The "edgy grip is MANDATORY" saber

I remember light tonfas. Pretty good, if you ask me.

Now, when somebody uses African laser throwing knives..

how about this.
or this

most people in the OT fought with two hands

>how?
She blows up his spinsaber right in his face by reaching out to the kyber crystal in it with the force
Inquisitor's are fucking jobbers.

You have misunderstood edginess. Edginess is what separates GRRM from Tolkien.

>The "edgy grip is MANDATORY" saber

Sadly Ezra is a permavirgin with no game. That's why anons who love SS try to match them, because she's a permavirgin who couldn't even manage to keep hold of a baby.

But hey, at least SS got penetrated in the end. Both ends, eventually.

How do we know that Rey is meeting with Luke, instead of Luuke or Luuuke? What if she's walking into a trap?

>Edginess is what separates GRRM from Tolkien.
Not really.
GRRM isn't really edgy at all. It's low-fantasy.
The show is quite different from the books.

Ahsoka x Rex is OTP, prove me wrong

What if it's Bigger Luke?
Han's dead, so we may never know the difference anymore

because maz apparently found the lightsaber, and presumably the hand gripping it, first

it's historical fanfiction.

#
The rate and severity at which you age depends largely on how physically active you are. This is literally basic biology. Take a martial art and you'll find that your longevity and general health can potentially be miles above the average being's. Yoda, Qui-Gon, Mace, Dooku, Sheev and any other older Force user were as relatively youthful in body as they were because they were physically active going into advanced age. The Jedi training regimen kind of calls for it. Nothing to do with the Force, really. Just move your body.

Obi-Wan doesn't exactly benefit from this because we can see un the mainline comic that he attempts to avoid physical confrontation whenever he can help it, and he's living for the next twenty years in a perpetual aris, desert climate where moisture isn't even a commodity. A terrible combination.

Protip: you can't

And turns out the guy fell to the dark side.

The books are a shit ton more edgy then the show

If those are designed to be used for one hand, then they're fine. The fact that they're curved hilts is the only reason that allows those extra bits to stay. But if they're meant for two hands, then those extra bits are going to be frustrating for your off hand to grip.

>or this

Look pretty awkward to use. Between those or the Light Rapier, I'd use the Light Rapier.

That's about right
Nothing wrong with that.

Will we ever get good choreography like this again?

Heh, never thought of it that way

What if Maz is actually Thrawn is disguise?

Since when was Coruscant layers upon layers upon layers? I knew there were lower levels but I thought the whole planet's surface was just covered in high rise buildings, not layers of them.

Didn't he also command the Empire to orbitally bombard it in the case of his death?

Bitch nigger, get that garage kit shit outta here.

How do you reckon?
The show got up its own ass a few seasons back about how "OMG it's the show where bad things happen all the time!"
So now it's a constant one-upping of the bad guys to do bad things.
There's very little grey while being "grey" is the books' whole thing.

Like when Arya kills that guy in Braavos. We already knew he was a fucking asshole. She had plenty of reason to kill him.
And then the show goes "Oh and he's a super-pedo too"

>blades are weightless
The blades are certainly not weightless, they even cast shadows.

I just kind of thought that the Sith were literally incapable of expressing "positive" emotions like sentiment and camaraderie

>rex ages at an accelerated rate
ahsoka might end up burying him, but ahsoka isnt resurfacing until after RotJ, if she survived at all, so rex might die alone not seeing ahsoka again

I always thought this was kind of weird

you'd think Naboo would be a bigger rebellion stronghold like in Battlefront II due to Padme and her being so pro-republic, but I guess they love Sheev too much for the late senator Amidala's influence to matter

I guarantee it in the next two installments. Well I don't know if it'll be good, but I'd expect something between the old style combat that TFA had and the Prequel's fast paced technique once Rey and Kylo are trained.

please do not sexualize the padawans

>permavirgin

Please, Kanan fell in love with him so hard he dumped Hera for him. Ezra's getting laid whenever he asks "for special training".

they can, the same way jedi can feel anger and hate
they just dont use them to fuel their power, and so suppress those feeligns if it ever makes the pain go away

That fight was so good and so bad at the same time.
If it was just a 5 minute fight that stayed in one room, it'd have been amazing.

But it goes too far in a few places. Like one minute they're doing Tarzan swings at each other from ropes, and then they're sailing on lava robots.
It got to the point where it was almost like one of the Chicken fights in Family Guy

I also liked the TFA fight at the end. The lighting on the trees was rad

Knowing Rian's affinity for the Prequels, probably. Kylo managed a good mix of PT proficiency and OT pragmatism, so as long as Luke doesn't teach her to wield a lightsaber as a fucking battle hammer, it should be fine.

I know it's Legends, though.

The books also feature way more underage sex.

Depends, goes J.J's hatred for the PT as far as the choreography?
I mean he sure doesn't care for The Clone Wars.

>they even cast shadows.

that doesn't sound like the Jedi way

people like to go on about how rey is instantly good with the lightaber, but she doesnt even land a single hit, even finn could do that

only when she uses the force at the end does she prevail, just like anakin and luke against dooku and vader