Users on reddit made a 1080p remaster of the entire ATLA series!

Users on reddit made a 1080p remaster of the entire ATLA series!

Bitly link

2iRXRVM

Other urls found in this thread:

infognition.com/super_resolution_vdf/
megatools.megous.com/
reddit.com/r/RemasteringATLA/comments/5hr9w2/atla_remastered_in_1080p/?st=ixk6fchl&sh=fe00fa2d
reddit.com/r/TheLastAirbender/comments/54gi3l/atla_avatar_remastering_project_update_2/dam9diq/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Put in your anus.

Reddit actually gets shit done. Why can't we be more like them?

First, Reddit.

Second, you cannot "remaster" as 480p file to magically be 1080p and better. That is impossible, go back to tech school, they will tell you why.

Third, Reddit. Get ass cancer.

Tell them to upload it somewhere that isn't data capped.

Too busy shitposting

>Second, you cannot "remaster" as 480p file to magically be 1080p and better. That is impossible, go back to tech school, they will tell you why.

This is a cartoon though. Can't you vectorize it or something? It's not like it's live-action.

Use Megadownloader, It bypasses the data cap & maximizes download speed at the same time. The program is the first google link (which is bloblogspot) when you google Megadownloader & the current version is 1.7

I've been using it since the day the put than damn data cap on mega. It works like a dream, literally black magic.

>1080p remaster

By remaster you mean they noise reduced, blurred and upscaled the shit out of it.

Not interested.

>, go back to tech school, they will tell you why.

I'm from tech school and I'll tell you that you -can- magically get more resolution from 480p, but it's a laborious process and it requires having a very clean source material.

infognition.com/super_resolution_vdf/

By taking image data from adjacent frames it is possible to make an educated guess and create a higher resolution frame. In a best case scenario you would use 60 fps video and convert it to 30 fps or lower to avoid using traditionally interpolated frames and use only your "new" higher resolution frames.

Would this work with animation? Not particularly well, but animation does take to standard types of interpolation like lanczos quite well so it's not really an issue. The image can certainly be made smoother looking. Black lines can be made richer and more defined. Banding could easily be reduced or entirely eliminated.

Just use megatools
megatools.megous.com/

OP here, Both are screenshots from the video files if you didn't know.

Yeah, sure. Do that. Vectorize.

The second screenshot is pretty bad. Looks like a very heavy and unsophisticated interpolation has been applied. The person working on it probably did not have the CPU power necessary to do a better job.

Maid Marian's eyeballs look even more lickable in HD.

Thanks for shilling OP, genuinely.
Fans should know about this.

>Second, you cannot "remaster" as 480p file to magically be 1080p and better. That is impossible, go back to tech school, they will tell you why.
You can.

Sup Forums has always been all talk and no work.

Torrent it you shitbird

>Bitly link
>2iRXRVM
What the fuck does this mean?

>we upscaled and ran a denoise and blur filter, totes remastered
he's a retard
reddit.com/r/RemasteringATLA/comments/5hr9w2/atla_remastered_in_1080p/?st=ixk6fchl&sh=fe00fa2d

>By remaster you mean they noise reduced, blurred and upscaled the shit out of it.
>we upscaled and ran a denoise and blur filter, totes remastered

Actually:

reddit.com/r/TheLastAirbender/comments/54gi3l/atla_avatar_remastering_project_update_2/dam9diq/

>First off we've got TFM and QTGMC. These filters combine two fields into one progressive frame. The method we've come up with correctly de-interlaces 99.9% of the frames in every episode.

>After the footage is de-interlaced we have to dehalo the episode (though not always, it depends on the disk). Dehaloing reduces the visibility of white edges and lines in your footage, like this. For episodes 1-4 we're using the Vine filter (which is very strong), and for ''medium'' haloing episodes (9-25) we use DeHalo_Alpha.

>Then there's the most important filter called Waifu2x. We use that to increase the resolution of the footage from 640x480 to 1440x1080. Since this filter is pretty new and specializes in anime footage, it does a superb job at creating more detail by analyzing the frame and estimating how it should look in the end (by using existing HD anime as a reference). It also has a built-in noise removal function which reduces artifacts.
(in a different comment they specified that they used one of the lowest denoise settings for Waifu2x)

>The example above includers every filter I mentioned here except for the dehaloing stuff (since the original footage looks fine in that regard).

>After the footage is upscaled to HD resolution we apply WarpSharp2. This filter detects edges (and black lines) and makes them thinner. This better suits the HD look of your average cartoon.

>Lastly there's debanding, which adds a bit of grain/noise to the footage. This makes it look more natural and it also hides encoding artifacts.

How much worse really is reddit compared to us? It seems we're just the autistic raging kid in the back of the class that hates everyone and everything and probably smells.

>Watch Nick buy the rights to this and up load them to streaming site.
>When Fox has Korea re shoot, color ans sometimes reanimate whole episodes of The Simpsons from season 14-17 (13 & cel episodes of 14 used remastered film negatives) of just so that it can Blu-Ray association guide lines.

It depends. Like how some boards are more autistic than others on Sup Forums, some subreddits are more worse than others on Reddit.

Yeah. Generally with Reddit the smaller subreddits are the ones that are better.

>>Then there's the most important filter called Waifu2x. We use that to increase the resolution of the footage from 640x480 to 1440x1080. Since this filter is pretty new and specializes in anime footage, it does a superb job at creating more detail by analyzing the frame and estimating how it should look in the end (by using existing HD anime as a reference). It also has a built-in noise removal function which reduces artifacts.
Okay now that's hilarious.

I mainly use the video board since they just post some alright YT videos on there.

Used to actively post in a board for a game that had its most active community on there. It was alright but the threads sometimes turned into huge circlejerks if some random faggot with a billion reddit points comes in and posts some off-topic shit. They're even worse than tripfags if you ask me.

>atla was not only not hd, but it was also 4:3
Man, my memories are all fucked and I guess I just assume everything's been the same since 2000.

Reddit isn't that bad. Their comic subs however grew too big for its own good, like every other Reddit sub out there. When they grow big it gets shit.

Thats not to say co isn't any better. We get like 20 posts from Sup Forums and Sup Forums users every day. It's fucking annoying.

I recently downloaded it and rewatched the whole thing.

I also compared to this to a so called 720p remaster I have as well.

honesty the "1080" recent version is definitely nicer overall. The early episodes suffer from a lot of blurred lines. things like solid colors look clearer and more vibrant but some things like details in faces stand out as they look very odd in its upscaled version.

later episodes easily look much better than past releases. I'd say over all, despite it being upscaled and processed it does look much nicer than say, the dvd rips and nicer than the 720 upscales I have.

>I'd say over all, despite it being upscaled and processed it does look much nicer than say, the dvd rips and nicer than the 720 upscales I have.

Agreed. For anyone trying them, don't use the first 4 episodes as your reference point.

>The High quality episodes are going to be everything after "The Blind Bandit" (Episode 26 overall, Book 2 Episode 6) except for some parts of "The Library" (Episode 30 overall, Book 2 Episode 10) and most of "The Day of Black Sun, Part 1: The Invasion" (Episode 50 overall, Book 3 Episode 10) which would qualify as a medium quality episode in this case. In addition to episodes 26-61, episodes 05-08 are also (abnormally) high quality.

>The Medium quality episodes required some dehaloing before we could upscale them properly. These are going to be episodes 09 through 025. After the dehaloing, these episode actually look pretty good. Not quite as good as 26+ but not nearly as bad as 01-04.

>The low quality episodes required some specialty filters to clean up the severe haloing (eps 01-04). These are the first four episodes only. I don't know what happened at Nick that someone actually published these but that's just the way it is. We have tried several alternative methods to clean up these episodes but none work quite as well as vine as they all sacrifice too much quality. The double line effect is from the source and part of why the halos are so bad and difficult to clean up and not much can be done about it without destroying every other small detail or introducing an unreasonable amount of jitter.

I'll wait a couple months before I watch this "1080p" version. Seems not everything is clean. Hopefully by then they will fix everything.

>Seems not everything is clean. Hopefully by then they will fix everything.

It's as clean as it's going to get, given the source quality. Don't get your hopes up for better quality from anything less than an official Blu Ray.

See:

>We'll keep tinkering on our own but there will likely be no subsequent releases by us and definitely nothing soon unless there is a major breakthrough or Nick actually fixes their initial mistakes

Actually, from the comments:

>And honestly, we've already found a better source for those episodes, so don't bother (improved versions of episodes 1-4 and 9-25 will be released sometime in the future). The remaining episodes don't need any further fixing so we won't be touching those.

>Well not anytime soon... it could take several months. We have lots of other things to do besides working on ATLA episodes for hundreds of hours. Definitely before the end of 2017 though.

They're never gonna finish working on those and eventually just forget about it like every other fanproject like this.

Oh boy, yet another dipshit thinks that destructive filters like warpsharp and waifu2x can magically create HD video. Absolutely worthless.

regardless of whether it's "true HD", if it looks better then what's the problem?

Hes just some shit who cant he happy with anything in life because they have a small penis and no female will ever want to touch it.

hes to stupid to realize that filters and upscaling processes are not the same thing so his lack of brain power is thus converted into frustration and anger and spitting it all over online message boards is the only way they know how to cope with life.