The New Mutants Trailer /ayylmao/ edition

youtube.com/watch?v=bu9e410C__I

Capekino isn't possib....

She doesn't look very human.

>capehoror
not sure how i feel about this

Wait - it's horror?

Good, I hate the idea of Anya in normal capeshit. She's really made for horror.

Also, this looks like it's trying to cash in subtly on Stranger Things.

>anya will NEVER be your gf

holy fuck that was confusing and shit

wow

wait what the fuck? has cape horror ever been done before?

She looks CUTE with the bangs.

Looks like absolute shit. The tone is all over the place and despite going for horror they couldn't resist using dad rock again because that's what you need to do in every flick now apparently

She really doesn't.

I disagree. She has that kind of feminine alient / heart-shaped head that looks cute with bangs.

She looks like a slav teen.

Only in small doses

Literally IT without the clown. Terrible movie.

Was not expecting this to be a Stranger Things-esque horror movie.

It seems more like it's in the (mostly 70s and 80s) paranormal genre of psychic teens. I love that shit.

>a cast of noname tv show rejects
At least get Steven Merchant back in. How much is he today, a couple of hundred bucks?

Eh, perhaps she will. I tend to attract girls a lot like her into my life.

>one stranger things actor
>experiments on children with powers
>ZOMG STRANGER THINGS reference
What it's like having never watched a movie before 2012?

Interesting to already see the shift in Hollywood strategy from capeshit over to this horror shit.

Looks like the success of Stranger Things and IT is having an effect on film production.

Looks like Anny Aurora aka absolutely 2cute, adorable

She's the only actress on this planet who can make Maisie Williams look normal by comparison.

Why did they hire Maisie Williams instead of Camren Bicondova?

No, I know there are many other movies with those elements; I'm really into that kind of thing.

But I'm also aware that most people aren't, and producers are aware of the ignorance and short attention spans of wide audiences, and they tend to want to immediately safely cash in on any recent successful model.

And I mean, c'mon, there is more in common than just those things you listed there. Like the silhouette coming through the wall, the color / video quality, etc. And I know those have been used in other things, but again, people are going to make the connection with Stranger Things. That actor being in it really brings the point home too.

D'aww, she's playing like a sulky, sullen edgegurl. Cuute.

I didn't even realise it was the kid from ST until you said it but this is pretty par for the course, something new (or at least an idea that hasn't been done for a while) becomes popular and for the next ~12 months little elements of that idea crop up all over the place
Why create when you can imitate?

>no jokes
>barely an explosion
what is this shit? I thought based marvel KNEW HOW TO MAKE THESE MOVIES

how do you fuck up so bad after knocking it out of the park like 20 times in a row?

Yeah, and if they find success by repeating those elements / model, you'll see even more.

If they do horror and paranormal stuff well, I'm all for more of that stuff. Maybe, just maybe, some actually good horror might sometimes get made through all this.

>they'll make her come out of her shell by the end to keep the normies happy

On the contrary, this is the FIRST Marvel-related movie I actually would give a shot, because it's not all quippy and reddity.

Man, why do I just compulsively feel the need to cover her silly face in kisses whenever I see a pic of her?

Yeah but people seem to be catching on to this shit quicker and quicker, or they're just getting bored easier
Think about that spew of YA adaptations once Harry Potter ended and the Hunger Games movies were successful, they were making so much money it looked like it was going to be a new staple and then the fad just up and died, all told it probably lasted what, 3 years max?

I'm just glad Anya's whole 'brand' of being a weird spooky girl is maintained here. I hated the idea of her in some bright, quippy, normie Marvel movie. This is more fitting for her.

The guy with the smiley mask is spooky too bad the trailer spoiled it

Where the fuck are the costumes?

Not doing them this movie.

...So this isn't even a capeshit movie at all is it? It's just a paranormal horror movie.

Yeah and I'm sure you go around screaming "Batman v Superman is KINO"

No one cares about your dumbass wrong opinions

Would you prefer yellow spandex?

What's up with all these girls having eyes like hammerhead sharks?

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?

Is this an Anya thread?

>Another Brick in the Wall

fucking what

An SJW complained about the actors skin tone being too light, despite all the actors being ethnic minorities. This is 2017.

I hate all capeshit, for your information. I just came for the Anya.

>capehorror
>looks somewhat new
>ayy lwaifo is in it
I'l lgive it a watch

Nobody over 25 says the word "capeshit"

Source. I'll wait.

Legion is already a spooky cape show

Look up Ian Miles Cheong's twitter. He has it on there.

Post a source or fuck right off.

My thoughts too.

She's playing a jailbait nympho.

forgot my evidence

Rad.

Vile subhuman

Millie and Anya in the same kino?

>She's playing a jailbait nympho.

There's something wrong with her.

I was ready for Fox to save capeshit until I saw Williams.

How do you mean?

too cute

>That generic ass trailer
>Screen flashing black
>Kids singing, happens to be from popular song
>Empty rooms with dialogue
>Call moment before ahhhhhh MOVIE TITLE

Idk why I come to this board, I don't like anything on tv today. Why is everything creatively bankrupt?

the popular song actually has kids singing though

>bunch of rebellious young kids
>WE DON'T NEED NO EDUCATION starts playing

oh my goodness

>when your fotm trollop doesn't even outlast stranger memes bald girl
Sad!
Anna is eternal

I swear to god, trailer music gets worse and worse every day

Looks like a generic 15 rated horror flick with mutants thrown in for box office gaiinzz

This is going to flop so hard or be succesful but not as a comic movie. They chose the worst story arc (Demon Bear Saga) and then they have changed it up to be a teen horror film instead of a superhero movie. Also why in the fuck can they not get Sunspot right in the films? Its not hard to make a guy jet black with bubbles coming off of him. Why do they always make it orange flame? It was never that way in the comics.

Slightly amusing though because my friend is a huge New Mutants fan and now his dreams will be crushed.

The tone is all over the place. You are a plebeian. It is a very consistent tone throughout, love it or hate. You probably say a movie has “pacing issues” when you first see it, too. Don’t post things.

Aliens are doing low-key invasion as we speak. Soon we'll all be enslaved as sextoys in their sick experiments

Will we see much in the way bouncing?

oh no!

Read the comics. Its not a horror book. OP is right the tone is compeltely wrong for the source material. This should be a huge red flag.

like prostate milkings???

Kek using a "choker" to hide the double chin.

So I guess Dani gets dropped off at a mutant daycare/labratory but because she can't control her powers (or even aware she has them) she starts mindfucking everyone into thinking the place is haunted?

I hate that character so much. She was always such a fucking drag.

>That 'Legion' tv series was popular

Let's make it into a cheap capeshit movie!

Legion is part of New Mutants

what?

No its based on the Demon Bear Saga from the books. The worst fucking storylines and they always have some mystical animal shit with their indigenous characters because they have no originality. They should have done the Phalanx/Magus shit with warlock.

They'd probably want to test if interspecies breeding is possible. Imagine being chained for the rest of your life just for them to fuck you day after day. What an absolutely horrible future that would be

giv ayylmao gf

AYY

So oily. Is she Italian?

argie I think

GIB AYY GF

Really makes me penis

Looks like that Korean terror movies

And again, no super hero suits

I am out!

Scottish-Argentinian father, Spanish-English mother.

Was she harvested as well? Cannot be to careful these days.

>using dad rock again because that's what you need to do in every flick now
>now
Kill yourself my child

wow how hairy do you think she is there?

how new are you

or Blade

A fridge's fridge

>cast mutant looking girls to play mutants

what did they mean by this?

She is odd looking but still..just a qt

wait wait wait. is Magik in this show?