Satantango

He's obviously familiar with Bela Tarr.

OP check out Cronenberg's Crash.

Seen it.
Looking for foreign language, preferably Eastern European

Mongol.

This?
letterboxd.com/film/mongol-the-rise-of-genghis-khan/

I don't know, Seventh Son was one of the worst flicks I've ever seen.

It's pretty good and very slow.

>preferably Eastern European
Hmmm are you into Seidl's stuff? The Paradise Trilogy is a little slow but it's very interesting.

No, haven't seen them.
Little bit reticent because I know all I'm going to be thinking about is BLACKED BLACKED BLACKED during Paradise Love.
This place rots the mind.

>looking for foreign language
What a pretentious retard. What does a film's country of origin have to do with "slowness"? Nothing. You just want a list of films to "watch" that you can then parrot to feel smart online.

A film's country of origin can have influence on the film, but in your case it's highly irrelevant and it only proves your ulterior, pathethic motives.

I don't think you understand what slow cinema is.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_cinema

I'm asking for foreign language because I've exhausted the English-language canon.

Now go back to r*ddit, pleb.

>Little bit reticent because I know all I'm going to be thinking about is BLACKED BLACKED BLACKED during Paradise Love.
That is an element but it subverts it somewhat. Those black guys in the pic are basically prostitutes. Pretty interesting film, my favorite of the trilogy.

Willard

Is this a film title?

Gilbert Grape
Of Mice and Men
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

It seems to be a buzzphrase coined so pretentious people like you have more words to throw around to sound smart.

Tarr surely had "slow cinema" in mind when he set out to make his films for example. Making it "slow" was the driving creative force and reason that the film exists, so naturally one should find films by focusing on their "slowness" alone. Indeed.

Yes

Gay rimmer 2069

1971 or 2003? Never heard of either of them

"slow"-paced film does not necessarily equal "slow cinema"

Think static shots, long takes, no non-diegetic music, spare narrative

>pretentious people like you
>Tarr surely had "slow cinema" in mind when he set out to make his films for example. Making it "slow" was the driving creative force and reason that the film exists, so naturally one should find films by focusing on their "slowness" alone. Indeed.
The lack of self-awareness here is astounding.

Fucking 90s born piece of shit. I thought you had exhausted the english language canon.

Neither of those films are in any canon whatsoever.

Underage b&

You're being mocked newfag

incendies

The fact that multiple people have called you out on your idiocy so far should be a sign to you how retarded you are. I mean, just look at the obvious insult above where he used your own words, cannon, to mock you, yet you failed to understand it.
Idiot.

>multiple people
It's all (you), faggot

Fuck off kiddo.

Keep telling yourself that to cope with it.

Why so bitter? What do you get out of pretending to be better than other anons who want to discuss film?
Take a fucking chill pill, Christ.

OP is a fucking moron who has watched less than 20 films. He doesnt need recommendations. Just attention. Worthless faggot.

i like theo angelopoulos
does wim wenders count?

>theo angelopoulos
I've only seen Landscape in the Mist, definitely need to check out more of his films. I understand his critical value has depreciated since the 90s though. What else would you recommend from him?

>wim wenders
kinda, sometimes. definitely checks the "long" and "contemplative" boxes, but he does make cuts within scenes.

@88905373
no more (you)s, edgelord.

Your sisters cunt