Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=l3xc3b5taDg
hollywoodreporter.com/news/hobbit-how-mgm-rode-film-666141
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want red hair on my feet :3

> was supposed to be 2 movies instead of 3
> (((studio))) forced 3 movies
> guillermo del toro couldn't handle the change/not enough prep time, don't blame him at all
> studio brought in peter due to his experience, but even he couldn't do it
> were writing the films as they were filming it
> not enough prep = over-reliance on CGI

youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk is all you need to see

actually, intially it was supposed to be just 1 movie. Only later they split it to two, and finally 3 movies.

jesus fucking christ. poor bastard.

>thing a don't like vs thing I like
This is not how you do this meme

No, it was never 1 movie. It was greenlit as 2

>boring villains
Well it's not like there are any interesting villains in the entirety of the LoTR universe.

BEEP BEEP MEME POLICE
DO YOU HAVE A LICENSE FOR THAT MEME

The fucking huge spider that wanted to eat everything was interesting

Worst thing is they actually had actors in costume for orcs but decided to go with CG instead.

It's supposed to be funny, not just here's a thing I think is bad vs here's a thing I think is good.

>that video
Absolutely fucking DISGUSTING

Fun fact: when they all crossing the bridge, there is no single practical thing in frame.

Delet

>incorporate puppet master trapped in his tower moving his minions like chess pieces
OKmanwhatever

The success of The Hobbit was going to make or break MGM studios, who if you remember were going very close to being shutdown, but instead chose to go all in on The Hobbit. That's why it got dragged to three movies, heavy reliance on CGI, the reason it almost got turned into The Legolas Movie tm, romance sub plot, all bases covered shlop that it was. No risks, experimentation or long thought out movie decisions could be made

peter jackson is a hack, you were just lucky he adapted lord of the rings before he went completely ham with CGI

What an absolute joke these movies turned out to be. JUST think what they could have been

>That closing shot of Jackson looking defeated

>dude he's like, evil, because he's the embodiment of evil and shit and he has an army full of ugly inhuman evil things lmao
fascinating stuff, bravo tolkien

youtube.com/watch?v=l3xc3b5taDg

>Tfw the behind the scenes production shit is far better than the actual film

Are there any good fan edits out there? i feel like you could make it much more salvageable if you just cut a couple subplots. I know the fan edits of Revenge Of The Sith made it much more bearable...

Peter Jackson always was a bit of a hack, he just had his hackness reined in like with George Lucas in Star Wars

So whats mgm studios doing now?

everything

Hot Dwarves aside, casting for The Hobbit was great though. It was the only great thing (other than props/sets) but it was great.

If you haven't read the lore or read it properly then shut the fuck up pinhead

is the fan-cut any good? and if yes where can I download it?

They're doing whatever they want i assume. Definitely out of those murky waters
>In December 2010, the parent company of MGM emerged from an embarrassing bankruptcy with more than $325 million in lingering debt and, as CEO Gary Barber put it at the time, a "toxic" reputation in Hollywood after years of ownership changes and mismanagement.

>Now, three years later, the studio with the famous lion logo is roaring. The $209 million worldwide opening of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, comes on the heels of 2012's twin $1 billion grossers, the first Hobbit and the James Bond film Skyfall. MGM, which has a 50 percent stake in Hobbit and shares the Bond franchise with producer Danjaq, has used the proceeds to eliminate its debt (which at one point hit $5.5 billion before the bankruptcy), buy back more than $55 million in stock, revive its TV division and invest in new movies including RoboCop and Hercules reboots, due in 2014.
hollywoodreporter.com/news/hobbit-how-mgm-rode-film-666141

Why did they make that one dwarf in the 5 armies a CG guy? I was pretty drunk when I saw it so it freaked me the fuck out. Like you just have a bunch of actors communicating with this CGI dwarf as if it’s totally normal. Why the fuck didn’t they just use an actor?!
>huuuurrrr we wanted his VOICE!
Well it looks fucking jarring and stupid they should’ve found somebody else

>invest in new movies including RoboCop and Hercules reboots

Well considering both Hercules and Robo cop FLOPPED they’re probably fucked again

Because he was played by Billy Connely and if i member correctly he's got pretty bad Parkinson's which was worsening. Once you use cgi as your movies crutch, it's no going back

I was waiting for this

Up until the last section of the second movie Inwas telling myself "this is fine, this is workable, a fan edit can fix this after the fact, the stuff that needs to be there is all servicable at worst, there's yet hope"

And then they got to the Bilbo/Smaug scene and TOOK A GIANT STEAMING SHIT OVER THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE FUCKING BOOK FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU BARREL RIDER ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE SOME SHIT HE MUTTERS MEEKLY THEY EVEN TOOK FINDING SMAUG'S WEAKPOINT AWAY FROM HIM BECAUSE BARD KNEW IT ALL ALING NOW AND SMAUG COULD JUST FUCKING SEE HIM THE ENTIRE TIME BECAUSE OH GUYS REMEMBER LOTR YOU LIKED THAT MOVIE PLEASE SEE THIS ONE FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU IT'S NO LONGER ABOUT BILBO'S JOURNEY IT'S ABOUT BILBO BEING A BYSTANDER WHO NEVER DOES FUCKING ANYTHING WORTHWHILE COMPARED TO HOTTIE MC SHAVEDFACE THE DWARF WHICH CONTRADICTS YOUR OWN CANON ANOUT EVN DEARVEN WOMEN HAVING BEARDS FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU HOW COULD ANYONE HAVE MISSED THE FUCKIG POINT THIS HARD I HOPE YOU ALL DROP DEAD OF PAINFUL CRIPPLING DISRASE FUCK YOU

Rush production schedule, Hackson doesn't mesh well with more light hearted stories, producer interference, CGI allows you to be incredibly lazy with everything, not just focusing on Bilbo.

anyone got the Kangz Elrond edit???

The best fan edit for this film is throwing the DVD away and putting a copy of the Rankin/Bass movie in the case

A fan edit that focuses 90% on Bilbo scenes, basically cutting out almost all of the battle of 5 armies, cutting out most of the legolas and girl elf stuff, cutting out that extended dragon chasing the dwarves shit, etc. would definitely yield a decent film.

Sounds to me like Jackson was too much of a stubborn prick to go along with Del Toro's vision. They didn't HAVE to go back to step 1 but he insisted on it.

How was it this hard to take this pure kino and just have actors do it instead of a cartoon?

All this makes me want to go back and watch LotR behind the scenes documentary

The really sucks, but I'm still curious if we would be bitching about the original movie plans. If Jackson could get each LotR book into its own movie then there was no need to make The Hobbit two movies unless they knew they wanted shit like the OC romance and White Council fighting Sauron from the getgo.

These images are awful now. It's not supposed to be "hurr thing I don't like is virgin and thing I like is chad." Learn to meme properly, retards

love this shit lol

Blame Christianity, not Tolkien.

>inb4 pic of someone in a hat

Yeah, Sauron would have been better as a ten-storey reptilian Godzilla who shot death rays through his nostrils and farted fire.

This.

It's supposed to be what a nu male does versus a Chad for the same situation.

Ye ive seen a workable one but its not like it makes everything super interrsting

No you faggot

It's about mocking the virgin for doin things most people do, then having the Chad do exaggerated opposites of that thing

Do you even know the context this was created in? I'm going to have to confiscate your meme police badge, you're outta line.

Finally, someone that knows what they're talking about.
Keep up the good work, officer.

>And then they got to the Bilbo/Smaug scene and TOOK A GIANT STEAMING SHIT OVER THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE FUCKING BOOK FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU BARREL RIDER ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE SOME SHIT HE MUTTERS MEEKLY THEY EVEN TOOK FINDING SMAUG'S WEAKPOINT AWAY FROM HIM BECAUSE BARD KNEW IT ALL ALING NOW AND SMAUG COULD JUST FUCKING SEE HIM THE ENTIRE TIME BECAUSE OH GUYS REMEMBER LOTR YOU LIKED THAT MOVIE PLEASE SEE THIS ONE FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU IT'S NO LONGER ABOUT BILBO'S JOURNEY IT'S ABOUT BILBO BEING A BYSTANDER WHO NEVER DOES FUCKING ANYTHING WORTHWHILE COMPARED TO HOTTIE MC SHAVEDFACE THE DWARF WHICH CONTRADICTS YOUR OWN CANON ANOUT EVN DEARVEN WOMEN HAVING BEARDS FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU HOW COULD ANYONE HAVE MISSED THE FUCKIG POINT THIS HARD I HOPE YOU ALL DROP DEAD OF PAINFUL CRIPPLING DISRASE FUCK YOU

This

Should have been 2 movies but the producers got greedy and stretched it out and added shit that shouldn't have been there.
If they had cut out the filler it would have been great.

>wierd frame rate
60fps is the future pleb

yes but hobbit was 48.