Opinions on animators Rebecca sugar and Ian Jones?

Opinions on animators Rebecca sugar and Ian Jones?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7DHFATwoGCk
youtube.com/watch?v=uTjwCib6sdY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That quote certainly explains a lot about her work.

she's ugly

I wanna fuck the shit outve rebecca while she acts like a pearl sex slave

She stinks and I don't like her.

rude

She's better than she thinks she is, which is to say far better than what most of Sup Forums thinks.

I hope she finishes up Steven Universe (which I enjoy) soon because she could be doing much bigger and better things.

I still remember nockforce.

She? SHE?

Her show lasted longer than young justice did so good for her.

Samurai Jack finished its run and now has new material slated for AS this year. It would be fantastic if the same could happen for SU in a few years. Regular prime time CN has kept it too soft and comfy and boring.

Young justice is coming back though. I don't expect it to outlast Peeven Pooniverse , but you never know.

>She's better than she thinks she is, which is to say far better than what most of Sup Forums thinks.

Or maybe you just have shit taste.
Yeah I'd say that's it.

I'm not a fan of anything she's done, personally; but i think she's probably immensely intelligent snd is massively talented. I could be VERY critical of certain aspects of her work, but i still think what i said is true

I *almost* want to have sex with her

"animators"

they suck shit

>Peeven Pooniverse

BabbyPedo Loudfag detected.

Its not just Loud House, EVERY cartoon fandom here hates you

>unnecessary oversexualization of characters randomly

I died

I've been a fan of Ian J for 16 years, and a fan of Sugar for 5. I think that Steven Universe is great and I'm thankful it's popular with so many others, and I look forward to seeing more of Lakewood Plaza Turbo.

>edgy SU with swearing and blood

ughh

Same here. Her art style is really creative and interesting, and I think this cartoon limits her talent.

>SU at all

Oh noes, fandom drama. How very important and relevant.

Hack who has to rip off anime because she can't come up with an original story to save her life

Yes, you would say that.

So, what do you think is a good animated show?

As if there is such a thing as an original story.

what ever happened to the other guy from nockforce?

Yeah like Sup Forums's cartoon fandoms are respectable or worth listening to at all

They're in charge of the rough key animation while the in-between work and coloring is done by a south korean studio. technically they still count as animators.

I was thinking more body horror and cool monsters but if you think "mature" means boring shit, I guess it's fine to limit yourself.

I really like the premise of SU and it's ambitious but holy shit the pacing in the show is shit, and the townies at this point don't interest anyone

Why are you copypasting this post in SU threads dude

>As if there is such a thing as an original story.
There is, you're just too stupid to think of one.

DonĀ“t assume its gender, biggoy.

You mean Jim Gisriel? He does movie reviews on his channel and is a cohost on Rebel Taxi's podcast

She looks straight retarded. She looks like she has down syndrome. Shit, she might have some kind of syndrome. She is living every fat girl in highschools dream, being a dyke.

whoa there

Read a book on film theory.
They mostly count between 6 and 33 master plots.
And every piece of art is influenced by somethjmg, someone that came before.
To get original art, drop a baby on an uninhabited island with art supplies.

Sugar is both terrible at animating and writing.

youtube.com/watch?v=7DHFATwoGCk
Ian J has always been one of my faves in the industry.

We...
We don't speak of Jim anymore

I think the problem with SU is that unlike a lot of other shows, once it started getting plot heavy it just went back to slice of life stuff. Most shows would air something like Jailbreak and then go full on plot for the rest of the show (with cool down episodes occasionally), but SU almost immediately went back to townie stuff.

Rebecca gives a "I really care about this shit" vibe, which makes SU more enjoyable to watch. She clearly enjoys writing it.

>This year

The other user that responded did.
Maybe it's just you that wants to be an unhelpful retard desu.

And even then, they produce less than an hour of animation they try to stretch over a week and then go on hiatus for 3 months.

>the townies at this point don't interest anyone

They interest me. I want to know why Lars is such a mess.

You're smart, so how about you give me a completely original story?

Good.

Going to second this. I do not like her work but I know its not for me. She seems quite talented.

Ugly

It's pretty mind-boggling to me because women are not involved in any of the creative work in relation to cartoons! It is performed entirely by MEN!

>using the word fandom unironically

reddit pls go

Next time she should be given a crew that reaches her level. Her work compared to the rest of the team stands out as superior.

Tumblr and NuMale

>supervise and draw key frames
>occassionally animate full scenes
>produce 11 - 22 minute episodes
>approx 25 - 40 eps are produced within the working year

That's the process that nearly all modern western animated shows follow in the industry, ya dingle.

So which is it? Are they animating to maximum capacity or are they coasting by doing the bare minimum?

youtube.com/watch?v=uTjwCib6sdY

>getting flustered about cartoons

He really showed her what's what

Jim?

>NuMale
but blacks can't be numales according to what Sup Forums tells everyone because they are too niggerish.

>A 14yo bisexual Jewish boy dating Harambe creates a show about lesbian space rocks
That's pretty much how I feel.

SU first aired in November of 2013, and it is now January of 2017. Between now and then, that's 39 months.

There are 118 fully released episodes of SU to date.

If we divide 118 by 39, we will know the approximate number of episodes aired per average month. That number is 3.02, but we can round that down to 3.

If we multiply 3 by 12, aka the number of months per year, we will know the average number of SU episodes aired per year. That number is 36.

Based on that math and what the standards are for this industry, I'd say their production schedule is fine. But what about those long hiatuses, you say? CN schedules the airdates of the episodes, not the SU crew. Now can you stop being a confrontational dickhead?

She is not the friendliest person to meet

How dare you use facts!

MODS!

She's a filthy kike pushing degeneracy

Well, no - that's probably some slightly batty 49-year-old Englishwoman with rosy cheeks and massive boobs who sublimates her suppressed nymphomania by being extremely affectionate.

But that's a hard standard to meet...

I think her potential is better if harnessed by someone with actual experience. Because if she is given the reigns, we end up with her "Crying is really funny" sentiment where she think it's so funny she pushes it in every episodes because she doesn't restrain herself.

Nah, she is more like one of those people that will just say some of the most condescending shit to you while keeping her straight faced composure the entire time and never raising her voice.

And I and left wondering, just why act like that at all.

Not that guy, but its obvious CN is holding Rebecca Sugar back from her full storytelling potential. We never got any more episodes episodes like Cat Fingers, Too Many BD, or The Hospital ever again which I enjoyed very much for their body horror and creepiness. Its been nothing but nice and safe townie shit.

This last arc was great though.

Also is Jim still in contact with Ian? Like does he know Ian worked on SU and Lakewood Plaza?

Sounds like severe anxiety. Passive aggression like that suggests to me they feel threatened.

They're not very good at what they've done so far.

The gentleman in the picture appears most irate at her, though.

I thought this was real for a second there

>comparing Samurai Jack to SU.

No.

That's because of Raven not because of Sugar. Sugar has stated that the slice of life is the focus of the show, not the alien arcs. She clearly enjoys townie episodes herself. The only ep in that list Raven didn't work on was Cat Fingers, which relied more on Akira homages than original creepiness.

Im pretty sure Jim and Ian still talk, its just that they are both pretty busy.

I like her show. I cannot understand why the autism is soooooooo strong about her.

Not that user. However Sugar have potential given her previous creations such as Pug Davis, Singles, and the unfinished Margo In Bed. She probably would've fared better as a comic artist and received better recognition.

Steven Universe while the idea of the story is unique, it's too trite and unexplored in certain areas.

Untapped potential scoundrel on "muh Utena love letter cartoon to Ikuni."

How could you hate a face like this?

still, it's a terrible attitude to take to the interns.

because she looks like a hobgoblin and is a pedo?

She tries so hard to make Steven cute but can never pull it off. Steven is destined to be an ugly little pig nosed cunt.

I get the feeling she's conviced that Titanic is a comedy.

I know it's pointless to write a good phrase, but:

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

I know it's pointless to write a good phrase, but:

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

4u

Or Schindler's List

>Jew/black
Is this a thing now?

>Peeven Pooniverse

Oh, sick burn, cleary you have the wit of a 5 YEAR OLD.

I liked her work on Adventure Time, and I like Steven Universe.

As for Ian, I liked NockFORCE and I like SU, so yeah. I like these guys.

No she is objectively ugly inside and out

...if you want to be successful in tv production....

She is beautiful.

She's prettier than you, that's for sure.

hey be attracted to goblin faced pedos what ever floats your boat faggot

Something about doesn't afraid of anything.

You take that back dickhole. I'd let her peg me.

Sugar's got a really expressive loose gestural art style and great shading that fleshes it out. Also I have a soft spot for her compositions. They were all very simplistic when they started out but she constantly seems to experiment with different instruments (like a theremin) and using odder uncommon chords.

Ian's got a nice style and a funny enough sense of humor. That said OK K.O. seems a little...derivative? I certainly hope it'll be a good series but honestly as far as Ian JQ's work so far has been OK K.O. seems a bit like more of the same Regular Show/Adventure Time-y cutesy retro throwback series.