>church says I'll go to hell

Why so many religions prohibit suicide?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jPiUN8fb3Og
youtube.com/watch?v=z7V1W967ofA&app=desktop
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because people like you deserve hell.

Because life is a gift c:

Because if the slaves kill themselves there'll be nobody left to do all the toiling.

newfaf

Is that why leafs post so much here?

"stay in your shit unhappy lives because we need you peasants in order to live our extravagant lives"

it's an easily exploitable loophole to get the good shit in heaven

i mean think about it, if heaven is that good why bother living in on the shithole known as earth

kill yourself with a beretta, that way you'll be in their good books because of all the stocks the vatican holds in them

If you suicide. You are rejecting Gods will and not trusting God to make good use of your temporary existence here.

Lay up rewards in heaven. Forget trying to live a nice life here. Its impossible.

Let me finish c:
Life is a gift of suffering
youtube.com/watch?v=jPiUN8fb3Og

Because they can't control you if you're dead.

Why kill yourself b4 you experience ai waifoos?

Ai gf?

It isn't a simple answer.
You may still go to heaven if you "get right with God" so to speak. This doesn't mean you may make a last second plea before you die and be ok to blast yourself. You will be judged accordingly, the whole of your life and how you lived it just like anyone else.

I believe you may go to heaven if your life warrants it.

Can post some passages if you'd like user.

Muslims do it all the time. All you have to do is take a couple nonbelievers with you.

No one cares about your interpretation of a book written by the pre-schism church.

pls no bully

religions are based off of survival techniques for tribes

>most children don't reach 5
>families all survive off of rudimentary farming or gathering where the death of the main provider would be catastrophic
>that family would become burden to the rest of the tribe
>lowering the chance that tribe could survive a winter or an attack

Don't kill yourself and make your tribe carry your burden of a family, procreate all the time, dont listen to other tribes superstitions, prepare your meat the same as everyone else, dont eat shellfish, listen to your elders and dont have gay sex (doesnt make kids and is less hygienic)

The bible makes more laws about shellfish than gay sex. They didnt know why but the people who ate shellfish back then tended to die more often. Now we know better and prepare stuff properly. Almost all the rules from religions become redundant once a group grew beyond 300-400 and over time they had to make up shit to give the heart of their religion any meaning at all.

So I say go for it OP, dont let stone age survival tips hold you back

Take out as many Jews with you as possible.

Do it for Jesus.

Same reason gov outlawed it. Whether tithes or taxes, the Man needs the shekels from the carbon-based production/consumption unit.

Suicide rates sky rocket as quality of life improved. Less freedom and less money equals less suicide

Is this true?

I hope you get cancer of the rectum

Sounds like someone got cucked by a Canadian bull

you can't collect tax and tithe from dead people (more than once)

>canadian bull
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

There is no hell.

Gov'na is right everything links back to simple mundane reasons.

Kill yourself op not even one of gods chosen people so it doesn't matter

Just go to a mosque and have them kill you. Suicide may be a sin but intentionally getting yourself martyred is very holy.

Don't listen to them and just do it. They are obviously bullshitting you.

Well, I mean, don't do it, but don't not do it because some kiddy diddlers told you not to.

>Why so many religions prohibit suicide?

Because killing yourself is retarded and religions generally care that their members stay alive.

so that you can keep giving them money

>Care
It's true that you can't have power without peons to do the work for you.

It wasn't even that long ago when Canadians were the ultimate defense against bbc cuck threads.

How times have changed

Break through the barrier man, you will make it

Trust me, you do not want to go to hell, I have experienced hell in a really bad dream when I was going through the same shit and this isn't like your ordinary dream, it's a completely different world and you do not want to go there. The experience however changed my life and I stopped drinking and using drugs and moved forward to finding a job and helping people out of kindness

Oh shut the fuck up you complete moron. You're basically gibbering. Giving someone a reason to live is better than making them afraid of death.

Because they Jews still expect us to fight their crusades for them. If we commit suicide before fighting their crusade, then we go to hell. Commit suicide during their crusade, a bit different.

Peace and Love my friend! God Bless

Remember that God is all forgiving, don't let others tell you otherwise.

That being said, don't kill yourself. Or at least wait until you've voted for Trump.

>I have experienced hell in a really bad dream w
What was it like?

Convert to a religion that allows it then

>Why so many religions prohibit suicide?
What faith would ever promote something that'd thin their own flock?
I truly do not believe suicide to be a damning sin, but a Catholic lie based on a bunch of conjecture. Nothing in the Bible directly states this, but you can bet God would be disappointed if you killed yourself in cold blood.

it cheats them out of a servant

Yeah alright cuck. Nice facade.

Yeah. They just die working as slaves or get murdered by corrupt governments before they can kill themselves.

God is fake, the suffering is the only thing thats real. If you really believed in eternal heaven why don't you go forfeit your life altruistically RIGHT NOW? Because deep down you know you'll get nothing for it and you know its fake.

>implying switching your religion changes the truth taught by the Faith
A
FUCKING
LEAF

Lel

This. We're all His property too. He made us, created us, He owns us.

No, he doesn't. He isn't real.

And if he created us in such a way then he created us to be toys, not people.

>all these kids think religion is ALL about power structure
>in reality, it's about objective truth and the meaning of life
priests aren't allowed to marry; why would Catholic Church want to thin their herd intentionally like this?

Thank you for saying it, I'm going to bed now.

>a religion is trying to stop you from killing yourself

Doesn't sound like the worst thing in the world tbqh

obvi so as to ensure large population = stronger

>Objective truth

Anything is an objective truth int eh context of a theology you build around it. It is an attempt at objectifying reality that is simply a set of assertions.

And the priests themselves re peons. The catholic church has its history of debauchery int he higher ranks. What it was intended to be was corrupted.

But rather than giving you a reason to live (which a vapid desert religion like Christianity cannot) it just makes you tolerate the shitty existence that your masters prescribe to you.

Suicide in some limited scenarios might simply be a better option.

Because Christianity is about overcoming the self and giving to others selflessly. suicide is the most selfish thing you could possibly do, read G.K. Chestertons writings on suicide:

"Not only is suicide a sin, it is the sin. It is the ultimate and absolute evil, the refusal to take an interest in existence; the refusal to take the oath of loyalty to life. The man who kills a man, kills a man. The man who kills himself, kills all men; as far as he is concerned he wipes out the world. His act is worse (symbolically considered) than any rape or dynamite outrage. For it destroys all buildings: it insults all women. The thief is satisfied with diamonds; but the suicide is not: that is his crime. He cannot be bribed, even by the blazing stones of the Celestial City. The thief compliments the things he steals, if not the owner of them. But the suicide insults everything on earth by not stealing it. He defiles every flower by refusing to live for its sake. There is not a tiny creature in the cosmos at whom his death is not a sneer. When a man hangs himself on a tree, the leaves might fall off in anger and the birds fly away in fury: for each has received a personal affront. Of course there may be pathetic emotional excuses for the act. There often are for rape, and there almost always are for dynamite. But if it comes to clear ideas and the intelligent meaning of things, then there is much more rational and philosophic truth in the burial at the cross-roads and the stake driven through the body, than in Mr. Archer's suicidal automatic machines. There is a meaning in burying the suicide apart. The man's crime is different from other crimes -- for it makes even crimes impossible."

>implying that there is no such thing as objective reality
very kek

At least in my branch of Christianity (baptist), as long as you believe in JC a 110% you get to go to heaven.

If you suicide do you really trust in Gods plan because he specifically tells you not to do this?

Thats a very simplified view. Protestant Christianity is so simplified and watered down to the point of absurdity.

this is the catholic view

Christ is the only master. He is the door through which ALL can be saved.

I never said that. Although every person may well find different answers to that question. I don't believe objective reality is a viable find.

And all I am saying is that when you make up a story, just because the objective reality that story claims to be true is true only because of evidence that is valid only int he context of the story doesn't make it objective reality.

No evidence at all for what you just said.

Sup Forums is typically skeptical, but you never apply that skepticism to God.

Yes its still about overcoming yourself, I'm saying if you don't follow god's plan then you don't really believe in him. You won't be refused to heaven for the sole reason of doing x

Because they want you to keep putting your shekels into the collection plate.

>Citation needed

Everything is His.

When you buy or make something, you own it, right? But are all of those things toys? No.

It's murder. Do you really want to kill your parents' son?

Catholicism teaches we must suffer in this life to better ourselves and be rewarded in the next life, so that the plebs would work their asses off for the ruling class and the clergy without asking for stupid things like the equal distribution of wealth.
If suicide wasn't sin, all plebs would off themselves to skip this shitty life and go straight to heaven. with no plebs, the ruling class would have to work themselves.

>being unnecessarily vague in an effort to appear intelligent
Pro tip: objective reality does exist; objective truth does exist; objective morality does exist
Bonus round: the Catholic Church has been THE purveyor of objective moral truth throughout the world for 2000 years

Deal with it

Because it's cheap escapism. Just like anime.
BRB, Gensokyo.

It's either a tool o a toy.

Tool is to get a job done, toy is for amusement.

An all powerful creator can do everything without anything.

We are toys to your fake God.

The fact is, even if your theology was all fine and dandy, I can't make myself ignorant again to believe it.

I'm not being vague, it just sounds fuzzy in your head because you are an idiot. Point out one flexible or inconsistent thing that I have said. I was actually incredibly specific.

An objective moral law based on nothing but a fairytale is consistent only int he context of the fairytale.

The catholic church is pushing an objective morality that is only objective because they and their book claims it is.

Get on my level, pleb.

>two greatest commandments: love each other and love God
>"it's a terrible oppressive system of slavery DX"

>tell everyone that Candyland awaits as soon as they die
>they all kill themselves because literally why not
obvious answer, retard

That's bullshit. You think people accurately record the suicide rate of peasants in poor countries?

Accurate records cost money and no one gives a shit how some peasant died.

well, religion has to sound nice, otherwise it wouldn't sell

>objective morality does exist
prove it

There is slavery in the bible and obedience and acceptance of oppression is encouraged for the slaves in the bible.

Don't make me have to cite this for you. That can only make you look less educated on your own religion.

youtube.com/watch?v=z7V1W967ofA&app=desktop

How to raise a man - Fr Ripperger the exorcist

How about don't fucking lie to them and let them be.

Die at war for your nation faggot.
Take a gun to detroit and fight crime until you finally lose.
Be creative about it and God will forgive.

Leaf is right though. Poor people have a very different mindset. They are mainly focused in how they are going to feed themselves tomorrow, they can't afford to focus in the long term, that's why they aren't that depressed.

Oh okay so you did actually mean what I thought you were trying to say.
>moral law based on nothing but "a fairy tale"
A lot of the philosophy does not require belief in God, and can be realized using logic and sound reasoning

>Take a gun and kill people
>J-jesus wasn't talking about ALL killing!
>He was a strong man who would want you to defend yourself!
>Muhammad? W-WHAT A WARMONGERING BITCH RIGHT GUYS?

Just b urself

I was just answering OP's question man, I didn't say it was right

Because dead people can't give money to the church

Yes, a lot of it can. A lot of universal "laws" and lines of reasoning can be found. However I'm yet to see evidence of 1 objective morality.

>I think therefore I am

That's the only truly objective thing there is. You need to assume the universe exists and that things can be learn't about it, and also that those things will have predictive capability.

Yeah, and it was a good answer. Just sayin.

How can you pay tithe if you're dead?

>Take a gun and kill people
>J-jesus wasn't talking about ALL killing!
>He was a strong man who would want you to defend yourself!
Nehemiah 4:14
>Muhammad? W-WHAT A WARMONGERING BITCH RIGHT GUYS?
There are similarities that stop at virgins in heaven reward.

Depressed people suck up more resources than what they give.

>there is slaves in da bible
>in the bible
How'd they get in there? Is this like an Indian in the cupboard type magic thingy?
>imblying

You can only cleanse your soul through suffering.

Not if you lock them in a dark room.

Buddy, your life is a gift from God.

We all have crosses to bear, and they come in many different shapes and sizes. I don't know your situation, and I can't pretend to know how you feel, even if you told me.

The truth is, people let you down, things break, and life can get stale and repetitive. It can get down right miserable. The truth is, I believe we all think about killing ourselves a lot, we just don't talk about it that much.

I've had a few friends kill themselves, and it's an awful waste of life. I'm not trying to guilt you into living or anything like that. I'm just saying that the world is yours if you want it. You don't have to end it.

The world isn't perfect, but the small things in our lives can make it seem that way for a while. Thingd like That feeling you get when you're driving and the perfect song comes on at the perfect time. And things like having a great time with a new friend. Little things go a long way.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride if nothing else.

What size dark room?

>Nehemiah 4:14
> I said unto the nobles, Be not afraid of them — All was at stake; therefore he exhorts them to be valiant, trusting in God. Remember the Lord, who is great and terrible, &c. — You think your enemies are great and terrible; but what are they in comparison with God? especially in opposition to him?

Yes, sit back an let god take care of the work.

Jesus does not call anyone to violence. Hell a contradiction here is when lot tried to get the townspeople to fuck his daughters instead of the angels.

Muhammad was a much more manly and less cucked prophet, be honest.