Volume 1: Pretty fucking fun to see all these public domain characters kicking ass while every page is littered with...

>Volume 1: Pretty fucking fun to see all these public domain characters kicking ass while every page is littered with fun references.

>Volume 2: Almost as fun, but Hyde raping the Invisible Man to death was kind of weird.

>Black Dossier: Lots of cool ideas and details about other leagues that I wish were their own comics, especially Die Zwielicht-Helden and Les Hommes Mystérieux.

But what the hell happened with Volume 3? I know Moore hates anything made in the past 30 years, but he just let that hatred impact his storytelling for the worse here.

dude just got shit simple as, the nemo stuff was ok though and kevin o'neil always has goat art at the very least

I bought v1 as it came out in the 90's. I was bothered by the rape jokes involving the invisible man and the girl's school. Not offended really, just kind of unamused. I could never unsee all the rape in his work after that and I've never bought anything of his since.

>But what the hell happened with Volume 3?
Potterfags got triggered.

>was just pathetic.

>dude just got shit simple as, the nemo stuff was ok though and kevin o'neil always has goat art at the very least
Fucking this, the 2009 issue especially was just Moore ranting about how much he thinks modern fiction/culture sucks and how things were better back in the old days because he says so.
Making Harry Potter be the literal Antichrist that shoots lightning from his dick was just pathetic.

>modern fiction/culture sucks
>things were better back in the old days
And when you're as old as him, you will agree.

>it's an "Invisible Man rapes Pollyanna but because she promises to be optimistic no matter what, she doesn't complain about it" comic

I think you're too much of a SJW to like his books.

>And when you're as old as him, you will agree.
Not everybody becomes a bitter resentful asshole that glorifies the past and demonizes kids these days when they get old.

You will. I mean, you already get angry when someone takes potshots at your husbando Harry; what will happen when you're a senile old man?

I don't mind people taking potshots at Harry Potter, I do it myself all the time. I'm well aware of all of the series' flaws and don't mind people criticizing it.
But Moore using him as the example of everything he considers bad about modern culture and constantly shitting all over it. He didn't actually point out what he considers bad about Harry Potter or why the character is bad, he just said "He's the antichrist, killed everyone at Hogwarts because reasons and shoots lightning out of his dick, and now here comes Mary Poppins to save the day".

I don't even like Harry Potter that much, but the way Moore wrote him in Century was less a potshot and more him being edgy that kids are into Rowling than 1800s literature. And it just felt sloppily written compared to Moore's usual dedication to research. Didn't feel like he was mocking Harry Potter for its genuine flaws, which I would have been happy with, but merely because it was a present-day book.

Yeah the reason Black Dossier is kind of under developed is that Moore literally wrote it just so Kevin O'Neil would have paying work while Moore was working on vol 3

>backpedaling
Like clockwork.

>arguments

Where? I only see potterfags crying.

I'm pretty sure that people in 1910 were objectively far worse off than those in 2009, especially the poor.
More importanly, what "purpose" did people in 1910 feel that the ones in 2009 don't feel?
And why does Mina assume that a few empty houses means that culture has completely fallen apart?

I actually like Volume 2 best. But that's probably mostly cause of War of the Worlds. Though I also think the art and world-building feels more consistent. V1 is a bit too over the top with the environments at times.

>1910
>all children read E. Nesbit
>2009
>all children read Rowling, don't know who Nesbit is
>22nd century
>children don't know who Rowling is

>>Volume 2: Almost as fun, but Hyde raping the Invisible Man to death was kind of weird

Inviso was also a serial rapist and pedo, who betrayed the whole human race to the Martians and whom was about to rape Mina Murray

>it was a present-day book.
I think he mocks it for the same reason he mocks superheroes. Adults cling to it way too long. Not just out of a nostalgic fondness, but as something they continue to consume

He's buddy buddy with a comedian named Stewart Lee who's a whole bit about it

>More importanly, what "purpose" did people in 1910 feel that the ones in 2009 don't feel?
Expansionist propaganda.

And why would any of that matter to a starving poor person in 1910 or 2009?

It matters to the NEETs who inhabit this board.