/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Spaceships Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Rebels 3.11: "Ghosts of Geonosis" (January 7)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 3 - Mid-Season Trailer
youtu.be/upN-7ALj2OU

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

nebulob b is the best capitol ship

Friendly reminder that Kanan will never be your husbando

I like Y-Wings.

all capital ships are best capital ship friendo, we don't discriminate here unless it's non-canon :^)

What a relief.

y-fu

Kanan is a buttslut and Ezra is his top

>there are actually people who waifu Seventh Sister
>there are actually people who waifu Bariss
why

The lesser Inquisitors probably weren't meant to actually fight trained Jedi. Ezra at their first meeting and a little beyond was probably all they were really intended to handle. For the most part they'd find and capture inexperienced force sensitives to bring into Project Harvester, or to kill.

The Grand Inquisitor on the other hand was a Jedi Protector, and more than likely has captured several Jedi knights and masters in the twenty or so years since the end of the Clone Wars.

In truth, they should have had an escalation of the force users. The lesser inquisitors give way to the Grand Inquisitor and then Vader shows up.
I mean do we really fear the weaker people when our hero's been shown to just fucking beat their boss?

Lies.

Ezra is the buttslut. She can confirm.

TIE Defender looks retarded

Everything apart from PT, OT and TFA is non-canon.

>Not liking yellow buttcheeks
>Not wanting an evil waifu
>Not liking those purple dsl
why

what the fuck are those diamonds on her face, anyway? tattoos?

Everything in Rebels feels like they squashed everything from the sides and pulled it out longer on the top.

Vader is skinnier and taller, all the ships are a lot shorter.

It looks weird.

TAKE THAT BACK

Only the OT {{should}} be canon.

That image makes me wish for a Rouge Squadron movie that's 70% dogfights and 40% Wedge.

Hey don't feel bad. Ahsoka is still thinking of you in her novel.

It's easily among the least offensive EU TIE fighter designs out there to recanonize.

There are "new" Y-wing models in the trailer, with red livery and stripped down fully compared to the season intro.

ebin headcanons

as far as I'm concerned Ezra wears frilly lingerie under his outfit

Cultural tattoos, yeah.

I agree.

Stylized in the manner of Ralph McQuarrie concept art.

That was in no way his fault.
They started making an animated show from scratch and only maybe little experience with making tv shows.
It doesn't help that the film was just four episodes stitched together.
But if you're going by that logic then yes, because stuff like the Umbara Arc could definitely hold up as a decent film.

>why does no one like my kiddie shit outside my safespace waaaaah

At least I have you, Old Republic. You'll never betray me.

Star Wars is kiddie shit. They're not adult entertainment.

>as far as I'm concerned Ezra wears frilly lingerie under his outfit
Of course he does, it's also colored pink.

Say it with me: Madame Mandalore!

Back to star wars vidya discussion.
Instead of taking risks and making weird and new concepts for star wars games, the joos play it safe and make no-fun-allowed games. Fucking assholes, they should let smaller companies try to make a star wars game, they have all the money in the world and won't try anything new. Imagine a semi-realistic star wars combat game focused on the gritty and ptsd inducing side of the star wars... wars

I really want to make a star wars mod for Insurgency

The original was an adventure film, not unlike the popular tv shows of the 30's or many many others(Man who Would be King came out the year before). You're just talking shit.

>not mentioning outcast and academy

Please stop, you're embarrassing yourself. We've been dealing with years of "baby shit for babies," that's it's become a genuine meme at this point.

Family friendly does not equal for children only. Adults enjoy family entertainment just as well as they enjoy "mature" entertainment. Anybody saying otherwise is posturing for social points.

It's light blue.

I want to make a trump btfoing Clinton joke but I can't think of a good one that fits

An adventure film can be made as family entertainment, what's your point? The OT was just as kid friendly as Rebels, and only marginally less advertised at kids.

The PT got kinda edgy at times but it was still firmly rooted in being family entertainment.

Why do you waste your time shitposting on Sup Forums? Seriously?

whoa family entertainment mind

What a shitty looking cartoon, Jesus Christ

kiddie =/= stupid
EU is stupid kiddie shit. OT, Ghibli, Watership Down are good kiddie shit. Fuck off.

So stupid is your criteria for not being canon, but you like the PT?

Good joke.

Why do you?

needs 2 more of those pillows tbqh

>watership down
>for kids
oh, you're one of THOSE people

Report and ignore.

Didn't like the PT, but it is canon. Kinda.

Not enough EC material gets these dope fucking posters. I don't know about you guys but there is something about this style of poster that just gets me hyped the fuck up. It does a good job of making something feel important to Star Wars even if it might not be. Pic related is a good example but also look at Shadows of the Empire

If I had any sort of say at Disney, I'd waste some more money on making sure every EC book, video game, comic, etc get an official poster like this. They are just too dope. Imagine how cool one for something like the Vader comic would look. Or even a smaller scale book like Bloodlines

Why not unlimited pillows?

go back to Sup Forums kiddiefriend

thank you for reminding be based tarkin this third rate shitposter won't get any more (you)s from me

Reminder that Inquisitors were designed as Canaries to alert Vader to real Jedi, and that they were only intended to actually succeed against apprentices and nascent force sensitives.

Since Sheev and Vader weren't dumb enough to create people that might one day be a threat, to then they were trained wrong on purpose as a joke.

Them making her the leader of the mangos would really just be the final nail in the coffin of her ever being a good character. It just checks off all of the cookie-cutter boring character boxes on the list.

>likes the EU
>calls someone else a kid

Top lel

I like that poster too, I would look to see more of its kind

True, but the mandofag butthurt would be worth it.

It helps that the artist behind that piece is just generally pretty fucking great.

Is that Lothal?

We've only got like five main characters, you really want 20% of the main cast to just be shit in every way?

Is Snoke Sheev's dad?

why does /swco/ hate Mandalor and Mandalorian qts?

7 in the main crew: Hera, Kanan, Ezra, Sabine, Zeb, Chopper, Rex. All of them are good except Sabine, who is a painfully boring non-character with no real effect on anybody else, and who could be killed off without anybody, in universe or in real life, minding that much. We've long since written her off after the time she went with Hera to that wasted fuel station in the first season. We simply don't care what happens to her now, because the only place her character development has to go is up, or stay right in the boring place she is.

Personally I think she could have been salvaged by making her and Ezra get together, but that's two seasons too late for that. That ship has sailed

I don't.

I do agree with the other user that making Sabine some kind of ruler over Mandalore is probably not going to make her interesting though.

>why does /swco/...

An unhealthy dose of assburgers.

>being a shipper
get out.

I have nothing against Mandalore as its presented in TCW and Rebels, but I sure hate mandofags. I'm glad they've been pushed back to the realm of deviantart instad of writing franchise ruining books like Karen traviss

I agree

Also neat pics

PT has stupid moments, but it had vision.

hey I'm not autistic over ships, I'm just saying that the entire first season had Ezra with the hots for Sabine and that was never EVER explored. In season 2 and 3, we still see slight hints of feeling, that are definitely NOT reciprocated. Not because she's not interested, but because she's not a character. She's like a zombie going through the world on autopilot, incapable of responding to the stimuli of other characters. I really don't know what the writers are trying to do with her character because every episode she gets to herself for character development (which is about half the entire series) falls flat for her, even if it fleshes out the entire universe around her empty void of an existence.

thanks pham

They still need to revise the cross sections books, they're critically incomplete, and that's just from the movie sagas (even Rogue One!). There's no reference book for TCW or Rebels vehicles.

>Watership Down
>kiddie

>and that was never EVER explored
There's nothing to explore., Ezra had a crush and the non-character pretty soundly dashed his hopes, pretty much from word one.

Romance plots do not make characters, characters make romance plots.

/swco/, how shit is my friends movie ranking list?

> ESB > ANH > TFA >= R1 > ROTS >= ROTJ > AOTC > TPM

For some reason he puts R1, ROTS AND ROTJ under TFA.

please don't give him (you)s, shitposts that pathetic don't deserve it

You are not trying hard enough.

If you mean why do people hate the old EU mangos even when they're no longer relevant, it's for same reason people still hate furries; a residual hate from a time when they and their fans were the most obnoxious faggots around.

If you're asking why people here hate TCW mangos, then I'd have to ask where you got that impression from, since their arcs were routinely good.

If you're asking why people hate Sabine, it's less hate and more frustration over her character going precisely nowhere in a series where every other member of the crew has seen impressive development from their rather simplistic origins

Generic and shit ranking.

Rankings in general are shit though. I can't rank the movies like that. Each of the movies shines in ways the others don't, I like them for different reasons. Except TFA, but lets not get into that.

/thread/

You nailed my thoughts

user, you're just as bad as him.

I agree, it's hard to rank the movies. Since they all have flaws, and shine in different ways.
And yeah, everything about TFA is basically shit

>impressive development from their rather simplistic origins
Hera's still pretty much a bitch that only cares about the rebellion.

Is this general worse than /sug/ ?

psssh, if you were REALLY serious about Sup Forums kinography, the only canon movie would be Empire Strikes Back so you could lord your finely cultured taste over the peasants who actually ENJOY movies

Ezra is still trying as of the Skystrike Academy episode and the one with the green mist ghost possession, and possibly as of the new trailer. It's just that she's a non-character. She can't dash his hopes because that would require being a character.

No, now fuck off

So you hate ANH then?

5 > 4 > 6 > RO >>>>> 3 > 7 > 1 > 2

I remember her pretty much ignoring everything about his crush, that's a pretty big "fuck you" in that regard.

A romance still wouldn't have helped her at all, she'd just be a non-character with a bad character as a boyfriend.

Mandalore is miiiiiiiiine

Hating a remake of a movie does not mean you hate the original.

Also there was that hot leglock in the mando supercommandos episode between Ezra and Sabine, but yet again any potential for character development was wasted on what would otherwise be called a Mary Sue if she had any impact on other characters at all. Sabine has all the hallmarks of a mary sue oc yet somehow remains inoffensive. I can't really explain it. I actually like Rey better than her because at least Rey feels like a person, even if a bullshit overpowered one.

>that pic
More like intermuhdicktor

Sorry, I really like that thing.

>ezra
>bad character
he's schizo to be sure but space Aladdin is not a bad character

it's the quadboob

Is there a bigger version of this pic? This ship just jumped to number 2 on my list of favorite ships just after Venator.

Yes, if only for the fact people bite bait like it's some sort of ambrosia and can't discuss anything anymore without the general being derailed half the time by a few shitposters that drop old bait because they know it will get them (You)s.

please respond
tell me your star wars vidya ideas or I'll fucking end myself

It's the biggest decent quality image I can find on the web, otherwise you'll have to deal with my terrible iPhone photo. It's from the Star Wars Complete Vehicles book (revised cross sections) from a few years back.

War Thunder with Star Wars fighters instead of WWII ones.

>he's schizo to be sure
I'd say he'd be better classified as schizoid, rather than schizophrenic, given his actions at the start of season 3. Depending on how paranoid he might be he could be schizotypal.
Actually interesting enough it seems that going to the Dark Side is just generally a jolly romp through the Schizophrenia spectrum.

He's largely a retread of Anakin.

a commandos gae (republic or imperial) that plays like rainbow 6

>Luke's lightsaber is blue on the cover for RotJ
How'd they fuck that one up?

So I've been playing KOTOR for the first time after hearing all the hubbub, and while it's not a bad game at all (even if it has aged horribly), am I the only one who finds it ironic how people gave TFA shit for being criminally derivative yet KOTOR is also the same? I mean, Taris is Alderaan (with upper Taris also being Coruscant), T3-M4 is R2, HK-47 is a murderous 3PO (and there are more 3PO-like protocol droids in the game too), Zaalbar is Chewbacca, Darth Malak is Darth Vader (bald cyborg Sith Lord), Vandar Tokare is Yoda, the Sith Empire is the Galactic Empire, the Star Forge is the Death Star (McGuffin artifacts the bad guys use), the Jedi get BTFO (not as badly as in before ANH but still). Hell, they've even got a sequence similar to the TIE Fighter attack on the Millennium Falcon as a gameplay feature.

Sheesh. I'm surprised they didn't give Calo Nord green Mandalorian armor, or at least a jetpack.

this may be Copy pasta, but that doesn't stop it from being right.

The change to green was a last minute thing due to how the blue looked on Tatooine, IIRC.