Give examples of vidya that would actually make a good film

Pic related
youtu.be/pU-DfRSFWbA

Mainly because I can see the CactusSquid guys just giving some indie fag the rights who wouldn't turn it into corporate garbage

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/q7zfrSJUEbY
youtu.be/ilKzuY9tjyg
youtube.com/watch?v=ftvpi-6Z6qw&list=PL747E3997A25A9FF6
youtube.com/watch?v=4-MU5MgRV6U
youtube.com/watch?v=nIRQFuztUnM
youtu.be/AFlZ6pVtnv0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Rapture civil war would be a great story

I'm pretty sure Drive already took a lot from this game.

No, no it wouldn't make a good movie.

No it wouldn't

I swear the little kids who play vidya have absolutely no idea what makes for good story

Also, I feel like the two first fallout games would be amazing in film form, or at least if they took the worlds of fallout and tried to copy thr motiffs and aesthetic the first two games by Interplay , but this is only if B*thesda decides to let Obsidian assist with the film

Also, as a side note, did anyone else hear a lot of the fallout ost in the Bladerunner 2049 movie?
youtu.be/q7zfrSJUEbY

>a game that came out after drive was released
>drive took a lot from this game

Are all the little kids who play vidya as stupid as you?

I don’t think a direct lift of the plot would work at all but I’d love to see the neo-80s thing done on screen to that extreme. Hyper violent, pastel colours bleeding into one another. Goes without saying that it can’t be some post-ironic referential Kung fury garbage, has to take itself somewhat seriously

Lol fuck off faggot

Actually, Hotline Miami was inspired by Drive and the Documentary "Cocaine Cowboys"

At least that is what they said in this interview
youtu.be/ilKzuY9tjyg

Are all the little kids who post on Sup Forums baited as easily as you? Oh wait of course you are just look at the catalog

Hotline Miami was in development way before production of Drive ever started.

>Not wanting to see a hyper violent neo-noir dystopia melded with themes from slasher flicks

First Fallout would be fucking K I N O.
Second one would be like a roadtrip comedy.

> makes a mistake

lol iza bait guys

Yes but it wasn't finished until well after Drive was released. Jacket is actually a direct reference to the Driver

Yume Nikki

Del Toro Bioshock when?
Deus Ex would be a pretty good film

Neither do half the producers in Hollywood or the whole of Sony pictures.

>Goes without saying that it can’t be some post-ironic referential Kung fury garbage, has to take itself somewhat seriously
This. If done right it could be an extremely interesting movie to watch, but if done horribly it will just become Reddit:the movie 2

I would definitely see an Arcanum movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=ftvpi-6Z6qw&list=PL747E3997A25A9FF6

Most of my favorite series like Half-Life, Mgs or Okami would make pointless movies.
SotC, Bioshock or Dishonored mite be good.
Uncharted would have been good if Drake looked like his VA like the other characters. I can't imagine Marky Mark playing Drake.

>Vanquish
Very straight forward action plot. Game's almost 4 hours so you wouldn't even have to do much work to cram it down to 90 minutes.
>Bayonetta
Visually exciting action adventure movie. Loosely follows the plot of the first game.
>Kid Icarus: Uprising
Focuses entirely on the Medusa arc from the first few levels. CG in the vein of Wreck it Ralph. Magnus plays a bigger role in the story.
>Resident Evil 4
One of the major praises this game gets is that it's basically a fun B Movie. Just make a shamelessly fun action romp and tell the plot of the game. Super easy. Rescue the president's daughter from the evil bioterrorist cult.
>Resident Evil: Revelations
Would be a great action/horror thriller. It tells it's story in a fun out of sequence sort of way and has a great twist. Could easily be distilled into a motion picture.
>Horizon Zero Dawn
Would work fine as a movie. Very little work required. I don't even need to explain it
>The Last of Us
See Horizon Zero Dawn.

>t. Boyhood fan

>Tfw we could've had a Del Toro Silent Hill with Norman Reedus but the jews at Konami wouldn't let us

It would've been so fucking kino

>kino
>video games
>feels guy
cancer overlord

>Feelsguy
B8 tryhard detected

dont reply to me you child

>Re4
It already is it's own film desu. That's like saying we need a movie of MGS

Well at least you have a sense of humor

Would they do the second game too? How would normies react to Manny Pardo?

GIB MOVIE NOW

>How would normies react to Manny Pardo?
Oh a cop who shoots all the bad guys he comes across? I mean, as long as they make seem like Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon I don't think there would be any controversy

Gays detected!

No controversy, just the stuff that made Pardoposting a thing

upvoted

The Deus Ex franchise

I'm not saying directly adapt one of the stories or whatever, but more just faithfully adapt the universe, history etc. into a movie. Obviously the basic concept of the stories could apply, but not too much since a lot of the game was based on choice. Maybe keep some of the core characters but have Jensen involved in a different story/mission, based on the events of the games.

The backstory behind the new Deus Ex games is really cool - massive advancements in robotics and cybernetics means people can augment themselves with better limbs, eyes, organs etc. The downside is that it causes a rift in society between the augmented and 'normal' humans, which only gets worse after a massive hacking/malfunction event make the augmented potentially dangerous in the eyes of society, eventually descending into 'us vs them' scenarios of domestic terrorism and an apartheid.

That stuff would be so cool to see adapted into a film. There's even a live-action trailer that delves into the 'mechanical apartheid' - youtube.com/watch?v=4-MU5MgRV6U

my bad I haven't really done any research into it

I still have that idea for a Bioshock trilogy following the life of Andrew Ryan, where the first one would be about the origin of Rapture, the second one about the increasing civil unrest that wouuld culminate in the civil war and the last one would be basically The Downfall.

>no elder scrolls movie

f u c k o f f

>TLOU
But that's already a good movie.

I'm personnally more interested in adapting games that maybe don't focus too much on the story, or rather on a cinematographic representation of its story rather than a dumbed down recut of a story. That's why I don't really want to see a TLOU, MGS, Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Ass'Creeds films.

youtube.com/watch?v=nIRQFuztUnM

"Say your prayers, asshole!"

Hear me out - Call of Duty 4.

We could actually get a decent war movie. Rather than generic 'Americans in middle east doing shit' you've got the SAS sneaking around Russia trying to uncover an ultra-nationalist plot, while working with the USMC who are trying to track down one of the main men involved who just killed the president of Saudi Arabia in a coup.

Not to mention a fucking nuke gets set off halfway through, killing one of the main protagonists for the USMC, and the SAS and remaining US soldiers work together to stop the beginning of WWIII, before almost all of them die in a massive car chase and climactic finale.

Plus seeing the sniper mission adapted into a movie flashback could be really cool.

It probably wouldn't get rave reviews, but it would be cool, and more interesting than most war movies.

I'd love to see a heist movie using Kane and Lynch. It would be a given that everything goes wrong, and that a psychotic break from Lynch would be to blame. I think it would be really cool to do the trailers using a CCTV/ Liveleak style.

> Hear me out - Call of Duty 4.

Dropped

I said it in a thread yesterday. Vidogames should be the next big thing in movies. It should be taken seriously, have big time directors making them.
The serious games like bioshock, half life, fall out, etc should be live action.
The more cartoony video games like sonic, kirby, mario, etc should be CGI cartoons.

Turbo Kid?

> Kane & Lynch
> Heist Movie

Sounds familiar.

No "Manhunt" yet?

Anyways, here's the trailer. I really liked it and sounds exactly what y'all were talking about, definitely way better than Kung Fury shit (although True Survivor awesome song):
youtu.be/AFlZ6pVtnv0

Psychonauts would make a good kids' movie I think. It's fun, it has depth, it looks different than standard Pixar shit, it has a little bit of an edge to it when it's about mental illness and such.

Wow that looks like reddit the movie: 2 Kung fury Boogaloo.

I want dystopic hyper violence experienced in a quasi psychotic state, not some cutesy shit with synthwave in the background.

It's a good movie, comparing it to Kung Fury actually legit annoyed me.

It works because the main characters are charming, sorry if heartless.

Quantum Break.

IMO best most consistent use of time travel in visual media that I have seen.

The climax is him holding his breath for 10 minutes

These games were fantastic. Most brutal games that I have ever played and I loved every second of it.

Michael Mann film as a game.

>2 hours of flying textcards explaining the lore and random shit

People would just call it a Pirates of the Caribbean rip off.

Dead Space. But the whole zombie thing is now done to death.

Not if it was a lot more kid friendly. Or animated

If you haven’t seen To Live and Die in LA I would recommend as a potential influence on what I’d want to see. At least in terms of content and tone

reminder that zack snyder is a reason why this movie never got made.

I'd love to see a Hotline Miami movie by Nicolas Winding Refn but then it would be too much like Drive. Maybe a Terry Gilliam style film that focuses more on the physchological effects of the killings on The Jacket.

Also side note: I fucking loathe the 50 Blessings part of the story and if anyone decides to make a Hotline Miami film, I hope they cut that shit out of the film.

I guess a BioShock story like that would be great, if it was in the hands of a director like Del Tor and they got a great actor to play Ryan. If they did a literal adaptation of BioShock/BioShock Infinite I'd be shit.

I love the ES games but they only work as games. The best parts about them is when you're left to just exploring the world and coming up with your own story. A movie about it would just be hours of exposition about fantasy lore.

This. Making it a literal adaption would fuck it up; if it focused on physadelic visuals fixed with a Fight Club-esque story about a normal man losing his sanity as he descends into violence would be great.

>mfw John Carpenter wanted to make a Dead Space film.

Hotline Miami doesn't really need a story. The whole randomly scattered, out of order, borderline incoherent plot line all fits the aesthetic of being drugged out of your mind brutally murdering thousands of Russians because some bizzare animal mask phone sex cult told you to.

Hotline Miami is a trip not a story and there's no reason a film would have to be any different.

This would make for some great anime

Replied to the wrong post but whatever

just rewrite the book a bit, and you have clear oscar bait

The best stories in video games are tbe ones that take advantage of gameplay to tell its narrative. For a game to have a truly great story it means it couldn't work as a movie.

He is the bad guy tho

my man
playing Killer is Dead atm, love it too

t. thug looking for 15 minutes of fame

>Directed by Denis Villeneuve

10/10

t. Miami Mutilator

Could be done if it was meant to highlight the horrors of war on both sides of the conflict and went for kind of a non-linear storyline that jumps between different chracters in different settings, just like COD 4 does.

>Also side note: I fucking loathe the 50 Blessings part of the story and if anyone decides to make a Hotline Miami film, I hope they cut that shit out of the film.

Why? It added a lot to the story, second game was mostly about that too, you remember general in hawaii? 50 blessings isnt just some nerds hacking people's brains user

Highest rated vidya movie ever made

Vice City. They just need to use the songs from the game and they're golden.

Ace Combat

vice city had the best soundtrack in any gta game
>that emotion 98.3
>that feel when fernando is back in gta v and doing a talkshow
gtav also had amazing songs though.