What does Sup Forums think of Neon Genesis Evangelion?

What does Sup Forums think of Neon Genesis Evangelion?

KNHO

Pure kino. Peak of its medium. The Dark Souls of anime.

not as good as BR2049

Unironically a fantastic piece of art

inb4 contrarian faggots say it's overrated or entry level trash

Misato is best girl
Asuka is trash tier for 17 year olds with a submissive fetish

Overrated flick.

best anime ever and best movie perhaps ever.
only LOGH reaches the same heights IMO

I think you got those two confused. Misato is manipulative insecure bitch with no morals who kisses underage boys, Asuka is the only real human being and the only one worth loving.

I love it
however,

Every anime girl in middle school wanted to fuck Kaworu and Inuyasha.

Is the movie the ending the show was supposed to have?

One of the first anime I've seen.
I'm not sure how it aged but at the time I thought it was Kino.

To this day I don't know. I've hated and loved it like I've hated and loved myself because of how strongly I always identified with bloody, fucking Shinji. We can any of us bullshit other people about the parties with whom we identify but not ourselves, not if we're honest.

Shut up before I kiss you

Asuka is the only girl worth dating in the series because shes only 14 years old and might still be fixable over a long period of time.
arguments can be maid for rei but part of her DNA is from an ancient alien so, you know.

all the adults are beyond saving

gunbuster is better
so is Nadia

Rei is best girl, AND ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS A LYING PIECE OF HUMAN SUBSERVIENT GARBAGE IDGAFREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pretentious, tryhard trash for edgy 16 year old pseudo-intellectuals who watch it to rebel against school and their parents.

t. edgy 16 y.o.

The show ending was Shenji accepting losing his individuality and joining everyone else on earth in a collective consciousness

The movie ending was Shenji rejecting losing his individuality, along with Asuka, and stopping the whole collective consciousness thing

It in the movie ending it says that maybe in time all the souls can one day regain their individuality or something like that

>gunbuster is better

damn straight

Thread

Gurren Lagann is better

It's an interesting drama with some noteworthy characters, but all the symbolism and christian imagery is pure nonsense, the creators have admitted to as much, they used it because it was cool to them.

>28 year old in the body of a 14 year old
I bet rebuild asuka had so many dicks inside of her

They're not really comparable

How could you possibly miss the point of the show ending that much? The ending of the show was just showing his rejection of Instrumentality more in depth. His whole realization at the end is that it's okay to hurt.

no fucking way

>Rei is best girl

Rei is one of my favorite characters from...anything, really.

Not even true famalam. Show ending is accepting and EoE ending is rejecting.

her clones will keep living on even 3000 years from now.

Fuckin this right here my guy
Evangelion is baby's first DUDE LMAO PHILOSOPHY anime. It's garbage with no real character development

You had me at "Asuka best girl"

I don't get this anime. All I only remember from this anime, that main protagonist is a little, whiny soyboy.

Unpopular opinion:

To me gainax died after the Secret of the Blue Water

Evangelion never captured my imagination although it is objectively prettier.

>no real character development
Subtle, newfriend redditor

Watch it again, retard. The show ending is just inside the Instrumentality in the movie.

I mean, they certainly changed their style several times throughout the years. they only really died after some retard greenlit the gunbuster pachinko machine and the whole studio exploded.

>Cumming on a comatose bitch is character development
Ok kiddo

>a group of secret elites want to merge all people of the world into one single entity with no separate identities

Was anno redpilled?

>equating all character development across an entire series and 4 movies to a singular shock moment

You watch it again. The point everyone else got was clearly missed on you.

KINO. anime in general is severly overrated 'cause weeaboos (i can count the amount of good anime on my fingers... maybe a few extra), but Eva is TRULY the PEAK. fuck anyone who says it's 'normie' or 'overrated'

fucking RETARD
watch eps. 1-24 > EoE > eps. 25-26
25-26 takes place during the instrumentality, when everyone is in primordial soup.
but by the end (EoE ending), Shinji rejects the idea and comes back to physical form. Asuka's 'How disgusting' (IMO) is reference to how she saw all of Shinji's memories (inc. the hospital scene) while they were in the soup together.

I'm pretty sure everyone who gets deeply depressed for several years red pills himself eventually.
and the japs are generally really into conspiracy theories anyway

>Can't list any character development
You evafags are pathetic lmao

There was a time where I was %100 Shinji.First and the last time I could relate to a character this much, if you're watching NGE when you're somewhere between 14-17, it can fuck you up.

>shinji jumps into a active volcano to save asuka
>shinji tries starting up a conversation with asuka after she gets angel raped instead of avoiding her

EVA Unit 01 is one the best designed things, ever.
So fucking cool but spooky at the same time.

>my headcanon is fact

>These pathetic moments are character development
Lmao that's not shit, shinji is a whole bitch the whole series

You got that wrong. Show ending and movie endings both show Shinji accepting his individuality. The show is just all internal while the movie was more physical events.

What about the fact that at the end of Evangelion he gave everyone a chance to live again after instrumentality

I watch it yearly, faggot. I don't know how you and everyone else can possibly fuck up understanding that ending. He realizes it's okay to hurt because happiness can also come alongside that pain and then everyone fucking claps because the retard finally gets it. That's what leads him to reject Instrumentality, because the whole point of Instrumentality was getting rid of the pain of relationships.

let's see how you deal with it when you're responsible for saving the entire earth you Sup Forums buzzword spewing cuntface

I really like that they never went into great detail about this guy. I've read several theories about him and I can't really refute any of them.

That's cute headcanon user.

I think the Komm Susser Tod sequence might be the pinnacle of anime

yeah, why did the SEELE have metallic bits inside their bodies?

like it's the one oldfag anime people keep bringing up because they were never actually here for other shit rozen maiden junk threads.

really the biggest difference between the two endings is the fact that the show had it's budget cut. So understandably you have to be able to interpret more with less. But both are the same, with shinji realizing he can eventually be content with himself despite his feelings of rejection and alienation that are present throughout the entirety of the show.

it's not. They literally spell out that they want instrumentality to end human suffering and they bring up the Hedgehog's Dilemma. AN ENTIRE EPISODE BEARS THAT NAME

>thinks he can talk about the end when he doesn't even grasp the hedgehog's dilemma laid out in episode fucking 3

But who was behind the Instrumentality?Not SEELE since they just found the scrolls and devotedly went with it.Was it the end game?

Because they've been living for hundreds of years. That's one of my favourite things about EoE. Just nonchalantly revealing so much in several frames, things that can be speculated about for years to come. It's unironically dense and every frame has so much going on.

The scrolls just told them about Adam and Lilith and all that jazz. They were the ones who came up with the idea of turning the whole human race in to tang because apparently being a shadowy illuminati member is very ronery and they all knew that feel when no gf

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Neon Genesis Evangelion. The depression is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Christianity most of the symbolism will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Shinji’s pathetic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from manlet literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these symbols, to realise that they’re not just random religious references - they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Evangelion truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Asuka’s existential catchphrase “anta baka,” which itself is a cryptic reference to God’s Hebrew epic the Old Testament. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Hideaki Anno’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. And yes, by the way, i DO have a Neon Genesis Evangelion tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

First Race created instrumentality ritual to test their creations. Or as a way to fix them.

The Lilin know, tang it down!

you mean what invented the system behind everything? the answer is never given in the series but in other materials It's made clear there was an ancient alien race facing extinction, so they created a bunch of liliths and adams and shot them into space to spread life while also converting themselves into soul form in hopes of being reborn. the dead sea scrolls are instruction manuals.

kek. thanks for the laugh

I saw the first 4 episodes and thought it was neat but trailed off from it. When does it stop being about PTSD and get into this metaphysical stuff I'm hearing about

About halfway through

It takes some time. After episode 6 it goes into GENERIC SHONEN WITH ROBOTS! LOOK AT THIS TSUN TSUN BABE. Then it goes ugly. Then we have a clipshow episode. Then it goes uglier. Then the end happens.

You're putting words in my mouth. I never said that the hedgehog's dilemma was unclear or disputed it's meaning. Maybe your lack of comprehension is why you feel like you understand something differently than what everyone else sees.

it kind of already did. it's pretty subtle.

>expecting mature show for mature people such as me with giant robots as some sort of deep metaphors
>it's childish crap with big robots punching aliens and some entry level psychoanalysis

MASTAPEECE

Good taste

i want ritsuko to sit on my face

Terrible with worse fan base than Rick and morty.

More overrated crap, and the author is clearly a crypto-Nazi.

Was he gay?

Angels have no sex, therefor it's not gay even if balls touch QED

Nah, I prefer the more subtle and classy NGE (pic related)

To me good storytelling is when they give you enough to figure out the What and leave you to determine the Why for yourself. This show barely says What and shoves Why down your throat. And don't get me started on fuckers telling me I need to watch EoE, or 3.33 remix or e^x standalone companion piece to get the full experience, fuck that shit.

I do applaud the producers for being able to continually fleece their core audience though with re-releases, etc. Good business.

Nadia is an annoying ho

PRETENTIOUS PIECE OF SHIT

>The Dark Souls of anime
>Dark Souls is the Rick & Morty of video games
>NGE is the Dark Souls of tv
>NGE is Rick & Morty
mfw

one of the 3 animes I'd consider genuine art

I could write fucking entire essays on Lacan and esotericism on End of Eva alone

Esotericism, literally the 'lol, random!' of philosophy. What could you write about this that hasn't already been covered by the master of it, Katie aka the penguin of doom? Love and waffles to you anyway.

up there with 2001

poor man's TTGL

congratulations

Watched it while i was a edgy faggot hated it harted that faggot rewwatched it 7 years later cried

Overrated beyond imagining. Mediocre flimflam at best.

Has very good animation however.