What is your opinion on Scorsese's magnum opus?

What is your opinion on Scorsese's magnum opus?

Goodfellas was pretty good yeah

Raging Bull is his magnum opus but I will get this out of the way before all the shitposting: The Departed is a FANTASTIC crime film, and the opening twenty minutes are my favorite introduction to a crime film period.

The China subplot was a hamfisted and unnecessary way of trying to pay tribute to the original and should have been entirely excised

Other than that, great flick

>The China subplot was a hamfisted and unnecessary
Uhhh it gave us
>Camera in the back
>"If these Chinks want a new Taiwan in this century they better show me a million dollars!"
>"PATRIOT ACT, PATRIOT ACT!"

Is it a magnum opus just because you liked it a lot?

ya

The Departed is one of the most overrated films of the decade if not all time

> Half the dialogue/conversations make little to no sense
> Way over-bloated, could have easily been under 2 hours with all the pointless scenes they had
> The therapist/baby subplot was completely unnecessary and added nothing to the film
> Changing Matt Damon's character's motivation from a desire to leave the mob life and instead is just stuck after Costlello dies
> Damon's death was a unnecessary cap to the film when the original film's ending where his counterpart lives fits with the film's theme far better

i have never seen a more pleb opinion in my entire life

> no refute of points
> still uses pleb

Who the fuck are yew?

MomAnon here.

>inb4 tits or gtfo

Been on near-obsessively since the Boston Bombings. Yes, I'm an INTJ. I get some good, honest laughs from Sup Forums, love the white knight raids (Jerkin' Joes and the kid who didntknooooo) and think that what was done for Dusty the Cat was an extremely proud moment in the history of Sup Forums.

Only rarely do I identify myself. It's simply not necessary most of the time. Also don't want to be called attention whore, be flooded with tits or gtfo, or other summer-level bullshit.

I also lurk in Sup Forums and Sup Forums. Might have to head over to /fit/ one day, stretch my cables but this movie was just alright.

no tickee no laundry

I really liked it, but it kinda felt like a saturday morning cartoon.

never seen this pasta

IN THIS COUNTRY YOU DONT ADD INCHES TO YOUR DICK

>Youwannasmokeyoudontwantasomkewhatareyouoneofthosefitnessfreakshuh?gofuckyourself

alec baldwin is a treasure.

Not pasta. Mom-user out.

It's better than any single Infernal Affairs movie, but inferior to the trilogy as a whole.
Great gangster flick.

Of course that's your contention, you're a first time Sup Forums poster. You just got finished watching some Russian auteur -- Tarkovsky -- probably. You're gonna be convinced Stalker is his best film until next week when you get to Zack Snyder and then you're gonna be talking about how BVS and Sucker Punch were severely underrated masterpieces. That's gonna last until next month -- you're gonna be in here regurgitating Armond White, talkin' about, you know, the effects of social justice and how they cause films like Get Out and Moonlight to be severely overrated in the name of diversity and inclusion.

Do you have any thoughts of your own on this matter? Or is that your thing? You come on here and mimic the mob opinions of other posters and pawn it off as your own just to prove yourself to a bunch of anonymous mouth-breathers?

See the sad thing about a guy like you is in 50 years you're gonna start doin' some thinking of your own and you're gonna come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life.

One: Don't do that.

And two: Your opinion is shit

CONTRA-FUCKING-BAND!