Venture Brothers or Rick and Morty?

Venture Brothers or Rick and Morty?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D9pwuADv3ak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Venture Brothers is written by two guys who care a lot about their show and its consistency.
Rick and Morty is written by a fat alcoholic.

porque no los dos

I recently showed Venture Brothers to some guys and both thought it was Rick and Morty "done right."

Personally I think both are great in their own way.

I enjoy both, but Venture Bros takes it by far.

It might be a bit unfair of a comparison, though. Venture Bros has been around for over a decade, while Rick & Morty still only has two seasons under its belt.

Venture bros is superior, no contest.

Rick and morty is about as good as S2 of Venture Bros
there's no awkward S1 where the show looks for it's footing

Venture Bros is doing some interesting stuff, but it looks like Rick and Morty is going interesting places too

Venture Bros hands down
I like Rick and Morty but Venture Bros is overall better

Venture Bros has the unfair advantage of being more evolved and I'm more invested thanks to its age.

Why not both?

Cuz seriously. Best two shows AS has ever made. Hands down.

Fuck off, Boco. The adults are talking.

>Celebratory Fiesta Music

Obviously venture bros, what a dumb question.

I have never ever come across someone who gave venture bros a good try and hated it.

Yes sir...

>Having the two best shows on adult swim fight one another.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Venture Bros is one of the best animated shows ever made.

Rick and Morty is pretty hit and miss and even at its best moments never reaches the heights of VB.

SPHINX!

They're both pretty different shows, it's hard to really compare.

VB began (and still on occasion) as a riff on Johnny Quest and similar adventure programs, mainly spoofing the wonders of the promises made by the space age with a heavy dash of reality thrown onto it like a shovel of dirt on a campfire.

Rick & Morty is more of a weird hodgepodge of things like the buddy adventure dynamic with cynicism replacing most of its blood, but still manages to be entertaining when the improvised jokes aren't falling on their face and the written ones don't drag out a gag for too long.

In any case, I could see Rick palling around with Rusty, seeing someone relatable because of their rough upbringings, but at the same time giving Rusty shit for various things.

The moments with Jonny himself (officially called Action Johnny in the show) are comedy gold.

youtube.com/watch?v=D9pwuADv3ak

venture bros no contest

Venture Bros, by far and wide. Why would you even compare the two?

Or?

Venture Bros. Rick and Morty is good, but Venture Bros. is the better show all around.

I think you are forgetting a certain very metal show.

it doesn't matter cause they're both on hiatus

Doesn't mean you can't watch what's out right now.

>watching something more than once
>ever

Where do you think we are?

Nobody is that autistic to refuse rewatching a show they like.

Venture Brothers.

It's just kind of like comparing Breaking Bad to something like Psych. Both shows might be great but the other has a lot more qualities that make it inherently better and more interesting overall. Even on a parody level (Johnny Quest vs. Back to the Future), VB is still stronger.

I'm just jerking you, man.

In all seriousness, Sup Forums is mostly populated by the kind of people who will only watch one thing one time ever and then demand more content. Look at all the threads bitching and moaning about hiatuses.