This movie was fantastic but afterward everyone left the IMAX theater complaining about how dull it was

This movie was fantastic but afterward everyone left the IMAX theater complaining about how dull it was

I couldn't help but thinking about other emotional films and how they used songs / music to accentuate the tone of scenes, Kubrick for instance did this all the time

Would it have helped the emotional impact of Blade Runner to add music to some scenes?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VH0YukDYkXU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JAwo7DPUFUM
youtube.com/watch?v=a6qUTSZ5Zmk
youtube.com/watch?v=olGTTzfxNiw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't think Normies honestly have genuine emotions, they only feel when they are told to feel

For everyone I went with, the first thing anyone said about it after leaving the theater was "wow that was long." But the longer it's been since we've seen it, the better the movie seems. This is probably one of those movies that is better on the second viewing.

this, most people don't care about art

It got terribly loud towards the end and was aggravating

For me the runtime flew by entirely. A film like Baby Driver feels twice as long compared to this

Seriously, once you sort out your thoughts and feelings on it, just seems better on retrospect.

because it is long and relatively dull.

the audience is ahead of the character for most of the movie and it lingers on some banal static frames that don't really give you much. the performances are mostly static too.

That was kind of the point, the soundtrack is oppresive and completely overwhelming. Not every soundtrack has to be subtle and in the background.

I've been liking it more and more since ive seen it, gonna go again tomorrow and get the IMAX experience

would've been perfect if they cut out the hologram bullshit

people clapped at my theater. maybe it's a regional thing

I sincerely hope this is just bait

cut out an entire thematic concern of the film? did you even get what those scenes were about?

Heard nothing from the audience except an elderly man laughing when Harrison Ford said "I like that song".

No.
Normies are just stupid.

I was initially quite disappointed by the soundtrack, extremely ambient/non-melodic even if loud. Only like twice did I actually notice and recognize the music as music, the rest of the time I couldn't really be sure if it was the soundtrack or just some general background soundscape.

On the other hand the original Blade Runner soundtrack means so much to me maybe it's good they didn't even try going in that direction. If nothing else it made the Tears In Rain moment all the better.

Now afterwards, I've started listening to the 2049 soundtrack though and it is pretty great for what it is, definitely growing on me.

Think I'm going go again and watch it in Dolby Atmos or IMAX, just annoying that there are no showings here that have both, plus they're both 3D.

>I was initially quite disappointed by the soundtrack, extremely ambient/non-melodic even if loud. Only like twice did I actually notice and recognize the music as music, the rest of the time I couldn't really be sure if it was the soundtrack or just some general background soundscape.

So its like almost all movies, got it

I'm happy I can get 2d atmos, but mad I can't get 2d imax. Fuck.
I really wanted a 2dImax Atmos.

He probably thinks it's "cringe", some people just can't put aside their ego and purely enjoy something

This. Liked the movie but it tries to be artsy too much without actual depth to back it up.

Not really, probably should have added that I was kind of trying to listen for it as well.

Lol well it didn't work.
Random synth noises =/= Vangelis

For all the movies virtues, there was a gaping, Vangelis-shaped hole in its heart.

I think the soundtrack was well done. It's almost impossible to have tons of chord movement and also keep up this sense of ambiguity and mystery. Bladerunner was much much more of a film noir type of movie, so it could make the futuristic melodrama moments like the Love Theme work. 2049 is about raw observation and coldness, up until the very end where there's a massive surge of emotion in the soundtrack and you even get the "Tears in Rain" track from the first one.

The only actually good parts where the "tries to be artsy".
But its still your regular hollywood schlock hidden under a think layer of sexy visuals.

But it's still your regular Hollywood schlock hidden under a thick layer of sexy visuals.*

No habla ingles.

oh

hi

ribbit

>us virgins huh!

Can you please fuck off back where you came from you disgusting pleb shits?

How do I stop feeling 2smart5u for not thinking this was boring?

the vangelis music was never that good, excepting the intro theme -- the remainder was boom-boom-boom and scratchy synth

Acknowledge that your fedoracore taste is not intellectual.

it could ve been more mass effectish

100%. Any kind of music that wasn't Hans BRRRRRMer would have helped carry the emotions of the film out with you, or access those feelings again when you hear the music. They really dropped the ball doing this in a sequel of a film with one of the greatest OSTs ever made

Every movie that Shillywood has produced in the last decade (bar maybe a few) felt longer than this. Great movie. There will be a sequel, or two.

It's okay to not understand everything

Fuck you

how long was the sex scene?
people were saying it was long, but i felt it went by fast.
same thing with the movie, kinda got lost in it and only way i knew time was passing was the hourly vibrate notification on my watch.

i'd agree with this, but the industrial-mechanical aspects of the protagonists of this movie lent themselves to the Koyannisquatsi-ish Phillip Glass minimalism on par with inexorable physiologic responses

as it grew louder, the inescapable will of K to defy his programming became more evident

t. triggered normalcuck.

I'll keep that in mind when I watch it again.

no one clapped at my showing

>muh safe space
You're never safe bro, we're everywhere. This movie isn't art by the way. The original is, this is a poor story-less imitation.

>Would it have helped the emotional impact of Blade Runner to add music to some scenes?
When they make the director's cut, I want an edit to be made with a Drive-esque soundtrack.

I felt it drag like hell during the middle after Harrison Ford was reintroduced, and it ended up feeling incomplete despite that.

based american

The intro theme isn't even close to being the best piece of music in the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=JAwo7DPUFUM

Pure sex

Propaganda trash

tfw I'm gonna finally see it tomorrow with my qt gf

Discussing the good Blade Runner movie for once? Here: youtube.com/watch?v=a6qUTSZ5Zmk

>tfw 2049 should have had a vapourwave soundtrack

Here's something I was wondering about after rematching the original: What are the things in JF Sebastian's apartment? He's introduced as a genetic designer, so he works with replicants, who are real flesh and blood, but then a lot of the 'toys' in his apartment act weird and robotic, and some of them also aren't clearly humanoid in the way that the midget soldier is, so what are they? Does he also happen to be a great roboticist?

Best thing Vangelis wrote for the movie wasn't even in the movie: youtube.com/watch?v=olGTTzfxNiw

I liked the movie a lot faggot, but it didn't do anything new, it was just a very competent retread. That's why it's forgettable in the grand scheme of things. It does nothing new.
It's ironic that you're calling us a pleb, exposing yourself as the true pleb.

Fuck that

GitS '95 has almost no music at all during it's most intense moments to force the viewer to experience their own unguided emotions

Put your hand on her cooch and rub it when the sex scene comes up.

yeah, agreed

It was much less of a retread than most sequels, to be fair. It's not even Noir like the original was

They seem to be a lot brighter than your pleb self pal.

I thought multiple times throughout the film that the crescendo and decay of the music did a great job of accentuating the importance of events.

Oh yeah, again, I liked it a lot and it was a very very competent movie, but people here are pretending it's the fucking second coming of christ. People won't be talking about this movie in 30 years. They might just still be talking about Blade Runner, but not this one.

shh brainlet

>pleb projecting

The first Blade Runner did it right with a man/replicant romance, all they did was turn that into a millennial muh non existent waifu bullshit.

Holy shit I didn't know people could be this plebeian, back to ribbit with you

>man/replicant
>man
what did she mean by this?

It certainly did not do it right, the romance part was rushed undeveloped and completely unbelievable.

nu-blade runner did it a lot better

I loved this movie.....I am going to see it again....music was good I thought,

This must be one of those instances where an idiot is frustrated that he can not comprehend what the big boys are talking about and thus takes out his anger on them.

just finished watching this. good enough movie, just a slow burn is all

yeah, i know -- that end credits stuff is a mess -- garish and heavy-handed -- sounds like the theme for Robotron 2000

the intro is much better

but that's just my opinion, man

It only did it better if you're a nu-male.

>People won't be talking about this movie in 30 years.
Being a timeless classic is a pretty high standard. People are just excited that we got a good $150 million-budgeted movie. How often do we get those?

People clapped at my film (London) because we are not stupid fat americans clogged with estrogen, flouride, asbestos, HFCS and rick & morty

You're like the real life counterpart of a MS paint comic

I thought it was going to be good going in, the original's themes were very subtle and its plot, while simple, allowed for those themes to be explored fully without shoving it in your face. Here they out right state the concepts and ideas they are referencing removing any subtlety or ingenuity to them, and also not allowing the audience to think about them at all. They also attempted to increase the scale and scope of the plot, but also failed to effectively infuse the themes into that plot.

They COULD have but there was a very clear disconnect between the thematic scenes and the exposition/plot scenes which removes the connection. There's a great movie in here but you'd need to edit this movie a lot to get it out. It reeks of the studio dumbing it down for audiences much like the original blade runner

Zimmer completely shit the bed on this one. Only thing preventing it from being a true classic.

It did it better if you're anyone not blinded by nostalgia and contrarianism.
Please watch the original movie again and see how weak the romance plot is.

KISS ME DAMMIT

Not him but you sound like one of those faggot redditors that invaded when Fury Road came out. 2049 seems to be Fury Road 2.0, a movie that will be forgotten in literally a couple of years.

YES

>bro
dont talk to me or my virginity ever again

Fury road is still talked about but even at its peak it was never considered a classic. Just a well made stylish action movie which seemed fresh compared to other generic crap out there at the time.

It has literally only been a couple years since Fury Road came out and people still love it

Blade Runner's a dad movie. I'm not middle aged bub. No nostalgia to be had here. Watching a dude bang a hologram was probably the dumbest thing in there but it is representative of what's happening to nu-males so there's that.

I'm arguing against the people who wank it off as the next timeless classic. As an absolutely solid high-budget movie entertainment it's great, I came with those exact expectations to the theater and I didn't come out disappointed.

It was hard to discern a lively beat from it at any point other than the scene where the goose shoots down the two wingmen and forces the car off the road just like Drive.
Then it felt almost like I was watching Dredd for 30 seconds.

The patrician take on the original blade runner sans sequel is that Deckard was a human. It's more thematic to have him think he's a replicant when he's actually a human than to be just a replicant "freedom fighter". This new movie looked like it was going somewhere when the goose thought he was a quasi-human when he was just a bog standard replicant.

>Blade Runner: another cliched starcrossed True Love Romance™ where two people on opposite sides of a social divide throw away their social ties because of Love™
Wow so deep so groundbreaking.
>2049: Semi-literal cog in the social machine buys a pre-programmed corporate product to give his empty life the illusion of substance and grows to believe he's in the story of the original Blade Runner as it responds based on programming
Boo, this says nothing about society or how people relate to each other!

>redditors still love it

I think 2049 is incredibly overrated and that FR will be the only film released in the 2010s that will have a proper cult following in 50+ years.

Is this what we've resorted to? A movie has to be passable and that's enough. We don't expect greatness anymore. No wonder crap keeps coming out with no end in sight.

2049 might get a cult following if it's followed by a better sequel, but even then it will still be watched because Blade Runner 1 is already established as a cult classic.

The movie earns the bombast of that music by the end after two hours of relatively sedate tone pieces. That's part of what makes it work so well. To each his own I guess

I just wished they added the original bladerunner end credit theme song. That shit was dope.

Movies aren't art you fucking manchild

>Boo, this says nothing about society or how people relate to each other!
No, it doesn't. It says something about the nu-male escaping in fantasy and distancing himself from society and family though. Basically the lack of people relating to each other.

The Tree of Life will have a following. Still can't for the life of me understand the hyperbolic praise Fury Road got when it came out. It's merely good

And yet its never talked about like it was during release
It's only being brought up with "mainstream"(bloggers?) right now because of oscar comparisons to this movie

>And yet its never talked about like it was during release
Are you a moron?

A lot of negatively on Sup Forums is just backlash against what the poster feels is unwarranted praise. I bet if TFA got mediocre reviews and did okay at the box office Sup Forums wouldn't hate it nearly as much