Is rick and morty a good show? No edgy fags pls. Just honest answers

Is rick and morty a good show? No edgy fags pls. Just honest answers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-GC5rAX0xHg
youtube.com/watch?v=UC5JaIqDB2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's pretty sloppily written but it's meant to be a snippy meta show that's taking the piss all the time. i think it's decent, it's not trying that hard and it doesn't really care. there are plenty of other shows that do and this breaks up the rhythm a bit

and rick's random drive-by insults are actually pretty funny imo

Any shows u recommend?

Try to watch it without the fandom and the hate behind it, dont look to much into it

I don't think there's been a bad episode. Even when it isn't funny it's at least interesting.

The fan base is fucking radioactive garbage though that spout lines from the show that stopped being relevant or funny the moment the credits rolled on the episode in which they were featured.

+

>family is fleshed-out and feels alive, rick is funny and hypercompetent so every scene he's in keeps the plot moving and always entertaining to watch
>really clever, classic futurama sci-fi plot devices, the episode with the council of ricks was brilliant
>random heartwarming or kino parts out of nowhere, showrunners whip out this really beautiful music that I had no idea the show would have ever been into if I heard it on youtube first, giving it an emotional punch I never saw coming

-

>humor is kinda lol randumb
>nearly every channel in the multiverse cable episode was terrible
>apparently declines in quality

its ok. there is one or two realy good jokes like that car protecting the chick

the rest is boring

youtube.com/watch?v=-GC5rAX0xHg

I like it. Unlike the above user, I really like the writing and I really fucking like Dan Harmon. Fan base fucking blows. Check out Harmonquest on VRV while you're at it, kid.

that are like rick and morty? i think adventure time is similar but i never watched it

Not bad, as far as funny Sci fi show its your best bet currently, some episodes get too serious with characters and it feels a little shoehorned but the good episodes are pretty funny

It's honestly a good show. Definitely the best of the current wave of animated comedies. There's really little competition from stuff like Bojack Horseman or F is for Family. It always brings the laughs and the humour is pretty clever and rarely goes for the low hanging fruit.

Literally the only reason anyone here hates it is because of the cancerous fandom that's grown around it. If you're an open minded person who can watch something without having to base your opinion of it on what every one else likes (or doesn't like), then you'll probably enjoy it. You'll probably even come to understand that the cringiest fanboys are the exact kind of people that Rick himself would make fun of.

Thanks guys

maybe go watch a couple of episodes and form an opinion of it for yourself?

You're terrible at self-promotion, you know that?

The quality of the show is subjective but Doc and Marty certainly have a dedicated viral marketing team.

It didn't care for it. Like Bojack Horseman, R&M an overheated, hyperactive postmodern ramble of a show with bits of false sincerity thrown in to suggest a depth that isn't there.

No.

i really want to attack you for writing so pretentiously but this is actually so on point that i just cant

It's about as good as Family Guy. No where near as bad as people say but far from being good. Actually Family Guy is better.

ooh wee, those sure are a lot of fancy words there. wonder if we'll see some of these fancy words printed in a book some day. hah, that would be somethin' wouldn't it!

I love that the contrarian anti-R&M sentiment is changing now because people are being called out on it. Now instead of 'it's literally the worst thing ever it's so reddit reee!', it's 'heh it's basically just family guy shit lol randum humor'.

You're free to not like the show, but it's incredibly obvious when someone dislikes it for shallow reasons, generally because they're desperate to fit in on Sup Forums with all the other edgy 14 year olds. Notice the complete lack of any actual criticisms. Or in this guy's case just a pretentious word salad that doesn't really say anything at all of use about the show. The only thing shit like this tells me is how insecure you are about your intelligence. That's pretty much the root of a lot of the hatred towards the show actually.

No

laughed, what else do you want from the thing

>going on a long winded, ad hom filled ramble about why people who don't like a cartoon are dumb and insecure

user, come on.

Are you really gonna accuse me of a fallacy when you just blatantly strawmanned my point? I did clearly say that I had no problem with people disliking the show. I tried to show it to my brother after the first season aired and he just wasn't into the style of humour. That's fine. Hating it for the express purpose of being contrarian on the internet is pure fucking faggotry though and should be called out.

for low IQ redditors any word longer than "literally" is a big word. No wonder you like trump so much

it's a bit of a headache, quite fun at times. at its worst when rick goes from being a grumbling weirdo to a shitty version of dee from always sunny BITCHES.

Yes it is. I've been binge watching it, chuckled throughout. Very entertaining.

I didn't say it was lol randum humor you faggot, I said it was about as good as Family Guy and didn't deserve the hate, and that last sentence I put in because I actually like both cartoons but prefer Family Guy to Rick & Morty. I thought Rick & Morty was massively over rated when it was first brought up on Sup Forums years ago and got told I had shit taste for not singing its praises here so I don't need to use reddit as an excuse.

Still pretentious as fuck. Using fancy words in and of itself isn't pretentious, don't get me wrong. But you wrote all that shit and basically said nothing about why you didn't like the show. You were just wanking yourself off. And what the fuck is 'overheated' even supposed to mean? Stop pretending to be some Christopher Hitchens style academic wit when you're just a moron on Sup Forums, fucking fag.

actually i wish it was a bit smarter.

futurama is a smart smarter and more deftly written show that R&M, and can't use violence or existential FREAK OUTS to get a cheap laugh.

something like king of the hill is infinitely smarter.

the over the top violence is my fav part of RM

Honestly I made the mistake of assuming what you typed was a restyled version of the infamous R & M copypasta, so I fucked up. Well replied, carry on.

The first season is amazing. The second one has far more great episodes than meh ones, but still good. Third season starts off very bad, but it got better.

I like the show a lot. Not crazy about it, but very enjoyable if you can distant yourself from the fanbase.

I didn't write the original post, retard.

WHERE IS MY SCHEZWAN SAUCE

>season 1
fun sci-fi comedy toon that's pretty solid except for the final episode

>season 2
becomes self-aware, which damages the humor (writing-wise), but presents some cool pseudo-science concepts

>season 3
fixes all the mistakes made in season 2, while expanding on season 1 and presenting bold concepts. mostly kino imo, although might become gratuitous if you're not digging the whole existential nihilism thing.

you'll either love it or hate it. the fanbase is particularly obnoxious, which is a huge turnoff for some.

>redditor
>trump

make up your mind, buzzword-spewing brainlet.

It just less more edgy (not too much,there are way more edgy shows ) and less funny version of Futurama. Creators are good at making up SF adventures, but not that good at everything else
I will never understand neither fanatical love or fanatical hate of it.

I'm able to filter out liberalism like I can only hear the good jokes so that's kind of how I watch it. I watch it while thinking and doing other shit and every once in a while I get a feeling like a good part is about to come up and then boom, Ryan Ridley. Then I laugh and go back to my sinnister plotting or whatever.

A show build on irony and wackiness and nothing else is just cancer. It's bad for you, it's bad for the culture. Read some books, all of you.

You've never actually watched the show, have you?

Oh sorry I left out snark and nihilism. You are a husk of a person if you think Rick and Morty is good art.

So that's a no then.

>You are a husk of a person if you think Rick and Morty is good art.

Fucking lol. It's a comedy show. And I hate to break it to you, but you're being far more pretentious than even the cringiest rick and morty fanboy.

How does it feel to ironically be far more edgy and pretentious than R&M?

>art

It's a fucking cartoon on adult swim. go jack off to the turin horse again if you want art.

Yeah it's pretty good. Fills the void of a good adult cartoon that has been open for a while.

Yeah, this is totally not the same poster.

So what is it? Are you involved with this shitshow somehow, or did you make some deep personal connection with it? Help is available either way.

I'm not either of those other two, I just thought your post was laughable tryhard shit. They probably thought the same.

>it's a 'he's pretending everyone who calls him out on his faggotry is the same poster' episode
Would probably be best to stop replying now user.

No. You're just a cunt.

it's okay. Roiland used up his best material before Rick and Morty were a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=UC5JaIqDB2s

who's the red-titted plow cow?

it is quite good, but the fanbase is quite... Unfortunate.

Like clockwork. You are beyond salvation. I trust you know what that word means?

>it's not trying that hard

okay we get it, you don't like the show, just let it go man this is getting pathetic.

s1>s3>s2

It's an improvisational, creative, and pretentious show which means it has its peaks and valleys in terms of quality. When you level off everything, it's fairly average, but I feel most are in it for the peaks.