ITT: Movies that were a cultural phenomenon when they came out but nobody remembers anymore

ITT: Movies that were a cultural phenomenon when they came out but nobody remembers anymore

MAybe it's because I'm not from burgeristan but that movie flopped HARD arround there.

every superhero movie except dark knight

It did pretty well at the box office.

It was probably the most talked about movie of 2008 besides The Dark Knight, but nobody remembers it now.

but they place this on TV all the time

>dance off bro, you and me
>i understood that reference!
There's two capeshits that are still remembered for ya

Every other answer is a lie.

>I don't understand the first fucking thing about how the box office works: the post

>production budget: 150 mill
>total gross: 300+ mill
You need to make twice the cost to turn a profit--and considering this was an Oscar bait movie made to win awards and further the careers of the actors involved, it was a success, if a minor one.

You're the kind of idiot that thinks Ghsotbusters 2016 was a rousing success, aren't you? Stop posting idiot.

>11 years

your sisters cunt

holy shit

Fincher's best film.

I learned about this move from The Disaster Artist

It did fine.

people always forget that over 10 years movies make their domestic gross in profits from TV/Streaming/Disc

So it made about 125 million to the studio for a 150 million dollar oscarbait film, plus another 125 million in home sales so you are looking at 250 million for a 150 million dollar movie plus marketing. They did fine

obligatory but essential

Finchers 2nd best and its not even up for debate.

No. People still talk about it. It's a fucking masterpiece.

No that’s a loss. Studio gets half of domestic and about 25% of foreign. Sometimes more but never higher than 40.

Pinnacle of comfey kino.

I thought you were lying
How is this possible?

Where?
People talk about pocahontas more than that piece o shit.

People liked that movie more when it was released the first time in 94' starring Tom Hanks.

>Forrest Gump
>Budget - $55 mil
>Domestic take - $330 mil
>Foreign take - $347 mil

Twice the domestic box office. Internationals doesn't count as much because film companies lose a bigger chunk of the revenue.

Most Oscar movies

honestly finchers worst film, and i love him. its almost even a bad movie.

supposedly we're adults now

>Rise of the Guardians
>Budget: $145 million
>Box office: $306.9 million

>it was released on November 21, 2012 and received positive reviews, but under-performed at the box office, contributing to a studio writedown of $83 million for the quarter and the layoffs of 350 employees.

Please nigga, I remember Benjamin Button getting fucking slammed by the critics, and deservedly so, what a fucking tryhard Oscar flick. It was so unnecessary too. The one thing Fincher has ever made that I plain disliked. Even Panic Room is far better than this