Utopia

Rewatched this recently, forgot how excellent it was. Season 1 is some of the best television I've ever seen. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ZYVb8Q5i9w
youtube.com/watch?v=WdS_VdblFtk
youtube.com/watch?v=VTv6wZZqnFs
youtube.com/watch?v=Qum0UH9q4hI
youtube.com/watch?v=VQ7YjN_yEaY
independent.co.uk/environment/children-carbon-footprint-climate-change-damage-having-kids-research-a7837961.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

People give S2 shit but I liked it, still had that overwhelming sense of dread S1 had.

Is that a black guy holding a white woman's arm?

they really threw everything they had into season 1. it's non stop tension

yeah agreed, I enjoy it for different reasons. The original mystery is a little removed but the exploration of people's characters is great

The funny thing is the main villain is an evil jew that engineered a sterilization virus for non-jews

made getting helium canister-ed look like a comfy way to be murdered

Actually it's a Roma, but close enough.

the people who were killed by the gas died with looks of horror on their twisted faces, the fuck you talking about?

The soundtrack sticks with you

completely agree. watched it on a whim based on my dads suggestion even though he hadn't seen it either.

i was completely unprepared

>dat fucking soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=_ZYVb8Q5i9w

I watched the first episode the day I heard about it and it was so fucking good I had to watch the whole season 1 in one sitting, then I convinced my parents and my sister to also watch it and they too watched the whole fucking thing in one sitting. Season 2 was killer too.

But like all good things in the world it had to be fucking cancelled for some retarded reason. I can never forgive whoever decided to cancel this show after the ending of season 2. I WANT TO SEE WHAT WILSON WILL DO NOW GOD DAMN

What's this about?

Basically surrounds a conspiracy rooted in strange happenings that occur in a graphic novel. I highly recommend watching the first episode as it'll rope you in very quickly. It's best to go in not knowing too much about the show.

Watched it recently, can't wait for S3 to start

A bunch of common people accidentally discover a conspiracy to sterilize all humans in order to prevent all the disasters associated with overpopulation

Season 1 focuses mostly on how these guys meet, how they need to escape their normal lives and go into hiding so they don't get captured and murdered by government agents while they dig deeper to uncover everything

It's pretty dark and intense shit, with excellent photography, music and acting.

Really good show apart from the edgy Jessica Hyde character who constantly irritated me

Literally just watch the first 15 minutes and you will feel a very serious need to watch it all to know more. Trust me.

youtube.com/watch?v=WdS_VdblFtk
youtube.com/watch?v=VTv6wZZqnFs
youtube.com/watch?v=Qum0UH9q4hI
My nigs.
That's the spirit.

Considering all she went through as a kid I think she's allowed to be edgy

Not saying she was needlessly edgy in relation to the plot, but in terms of acting/writing her edginess was just annoying without actually being compelling.

Ah

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the actress either. Her face was super weird and it kinda freaked me out sometimes seeing how cute the girl they used to show little kid Jessica in 2x01 was, you'd think jessica would have grown into a much prettier woman

*heavy breathing*

I really didn't expect the mudskin to become my favorite character, he's had some serious competition too

t. racist

Having initially agreed, I found her character to be much more likeable upon rewatching. Certainly sympathised with her more. Also I think she's pretty attractive in an alternative way

Wilson Wilson is best Wilson.

You know what's really scary about this show? the bad guys are 100% right

I think every character is strong in their own way. They all feel very authentic. Wilson Wilson has the best arch though

no other show made me so certain that i'd roll over like a pussy in the face of a government conspiracy

If you like the composer and wanna watch something just for him check out this series, it's not on the same level of good music but it's still up there

Hell you can feel the similarities from the first two minutes of the show
youtube.com/watch?v=VQ7YjN_yEaY

That's what made it a consistently compelling watch and also solidified this show in my top 3 favourites

*gasps for breath*
where is jessica hoide
*eats raisins*
where is jessica hooiidee
*puts yellow bag on the floor*
so you be sayin
*opens mouth like a retard*
jessica hoide??
*makes breakfast*

Agreed. Pretty much every political problem is exacerbated by overpopulation. But nobody's talking about it because people think irresponsible breeding is a human right.

Can you imagine the shitstorm if a politician actually came out and said "we got too many dumb idiots who need to stop having kids for the sake of this planet and our species". Bill Burr can joke about it and it's fine because it's comedy, but god damn it's true

Like how in The Expanse the vast majority of people on Earth don't have jobs because there aren't enough jobs for 30 fucking billion humans, especially in the future where most jobs can be done by computers and robots

S2 >> S1

It's not just dumb people though. Having children in the first world is the best way to fuck up the environment:
independent.co.uk/environment/children-carbon-footprint-climate-change-damage-having-kids-research-a7837961.html

Good goys lets us western nations agree to have less children (whites especially) whilst Africans, Indians and the Chinese breed exponentially. Then we can just ship all the third world Muslims over to our countries and create a sort of multicultural utopia slurry.

>whilst Africans, Indians and the Chinese breed exponentially.
How about we nuke them all instead

Genuinely this.

>let's not discuss serious political issues in any sort of rational way because everything's a Jewish conspiracy

- Sup Forums

why not just introduce a virus that makes them infertile, all the raping and killing without any of the babies
they'd be extinct in less than a week

One of the best ?
It is the best.

Not even a fucking debate.
Perfect visuals, perfect soundtrack, perfect story, perfect characters.
Has balls to do what hollywood can't. Probably the reason why it was never greenlit by HBO. I was really mad that the brits cancelled it.

Yh it's just outstanding. It's got some strangely cosy British vibes too despite the overall atmosphere of fear.. and death

Exactly, perfect balance of dark realism and british humour.
If ıt was just dark, it would be too depressing to watch. That comical take(almost like a comic book) balances it out.
One of a kind really.

it's an excellent s1, and a mediocre s2. glad it got cancelled because they would ruin it. not to mention the hbo remake. my god they would have probably made the plot into some kinda political bullshit.