/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

HAPPENING Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Rebels 3.11: "Ghosts of Geonosis" (January 7)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 3 - Mid-Season Trailer
youtu.be/upN-7ALj2OU

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w
youtube.com/watch?v=XMI5xpdhDaM
youtube.com/watch?v=XYhvOb4gyfk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is she, /swco/?

She was a good friend.

Maul isn't going to die, he is either going to have an ambiguous fate or he's going to run away

He's doomed to live forever in suffering

Stale as 2016. You need to keep ahead of the meme game, stay fresh.

You need to do something like post pic related and say, oh, What went wrong, /swco/?

I really hope he does. I hope he accidently becomes immortal. His suffering is a central part of the SW universe for me now.

>Maul VS Obi-Wan
Poor Little Sith Lord 4 when?

I truly hope he lives until the sequel era.

An alcoholic drink made from yeast-fermented malt flavored with hops.

I feel that in the focus of being a horror/thriller movie Alien ends up lacking something that Lawrence of Arabia has. It's a good movie, to be sure. Wonderful acting, perfect pacing for the story, spot on effects. The only real technical thing I feel I could say against it is there's a few hiccups in editing the action heavy scenes, but it's in no way enough to detract anything form the film.

But Lawrence of Arabia has a beauty to it in some way. Not in that it has beautiful cinematography or make up or costuming, though it does to be sure. There's just a certain kind of grace that I feel in watching the movie. It captures my imagination in a way that I really don't think any other movie has. It is in my mind, very much an example of a movie becoming so much more than the sum of all of it's parts, and those parts themselves are truly wonderful all on their own. Perhaps in the end it's the fact that the kind of movie that Alien is just isn't my kind of movie, while Lawrence of Arabia very much is.

The cut from Cairo to the desert is to me, head and shoulders above anything else done in cinema. the framing of the two shots together, Peter O'Toole's blowing out of the match to the utter silence of the desert as both the sun and the music rises. The scene not only introduces us to an environment that is probably alien to most of us, but also, in a way, solidifies Lawrence's love for the area. I cannot imagine how a person couldn't be moved in some way by the sequence.

Of course he's not going to die. He's marketable.

top kek

I wish it wasn't a saber duel.

I wish it was just an Obi-Wan so juiced up on force meditation that he never draws his saber, just force-wrecks Maul.

He'll hold Luke hostage, blindfold the kid, and leave him dangling over the sarlacc as he uses his saber to burn the rope holding ol' Wormie up one strand at a time to coax Ben into fighting.

This way Luke doesn't see lightsabers or Maul or know really what is going on and Maul can be dumped in the sarlacc so Boba will have a friend later on. This way Maul will not die but be alive, along with boba, for the next ten thousand years!

Sick of this meme.

Guess how many action figures Maul got since he was brought back 5 years ago? Go on, guess.

Anyone else a Star Wars version of the Silmarillion could work or be good?

Eh, they haven't really marketed him as much lately. 2012 was really the last time Maul was heavily features in merch or promotion.

>swco will defend this without any irony whatsoever

Duel of Fates, the Arena or Battle of the Heroes?
youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w
youtube.com/watch?v=XMI5xpdhDaM
youtube.com/watch?v=XYhvOb4gyfk

Is there any reason to defend it or not?

>/swco/ will defend repulsorlifts without any irony whatsoever

Nah. If anything, it's gonna involve Ezra and/or Kanan making the final blow

Fates >>>> Heroes > Arena

It took me a while to get into Heroes for some bizarre reason.

>muh nucanon

I don't really get why you keep posting to say we defend it. I've never seen anybody defend it, it's unanimously agreed to be quite silly.

With that said, it has an in-universe explanation to how it works, it had legitimate reason to be in that (otherwise GOAT) episode, and hasn't been seen since, so it's not even a problem.

What's worse is seeing people cry over it. Dave, man, he knows how to earn his bitter tears quota.

>With that said, it has an in-universe explanation to how it works

Why do you guys constantly cite the way it works as if it makes it any less fucking stupid?

Is this another forced meme post?

>Character doesn't behave how I want them to so they're not a character

I hope you die so you can't pollute this place even further.

People incapable of ever being a writer giving opinions out like this is just ridiculous.

Yes. And people take the bait every time.

Tell me, do you like anorexic lightsabers or thicc lightsabers better?

IT AIN'T ME

IT AIN'T ME

I AIN'T NO SENATOR'S SON, SON

Did you not read my post?

Here, I'll put it in meme arrows for you so it's easier to understand

>It looks goofy
>It makes sense though
>IT STILL LOOKS GOOFY, NOBODY HAS EVER DENIED THIS.
>But it makes sense, and has a reason to exist, and is literally in one episode

Now stop whining.

I prefer the thick ones, but the thin ones don't bother me

Don't bring old arguments into a new thread

Interesting that the Jedi holocron is still SORT of working (though I suppose it could just be a vision). It appears to be a normal enough hologram projection so maybe just the technological part? Though how much of holocrons is tech and how much is Force? Or was it always so hybridized it didn't matter?

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone wondering that the Sith one might still be "alive" too.

They already said they have repulsors in them working with the already present tech of the lightsaber, it's fine. They could have just as easily had the magic jetpacks that the mandos had. This at least was more compact and helped lend toward the idea of actually using available resources around you even if you have the Force.

You know they could have been REALLY stupid and just gave them flight, you got off lucky, cocksucker.

Be quiet.

>Never discuss anything that's ever been discussed before
Then we wouldn't be able to post here ever again you flaming retard.

Heroes>Arena>Duel

Heroes is a nice companion to Anakin vs Obi-Wan and their conflict. Arena is underrated and Duel is overrated.

>It makes sense though

I'm asking why you think that part makes a difference? It doesn't. Why do you always mention it?

Qui-Gon and Aakin's sabers are my favorite so whatever those are.

>being this new
It's to keep blatant shitposting from spreading.

It makes a difference because there's at least a justifiable reason for its existence.

It would be bad if there was some stupid shit for literally no reason, or stupid shit that makes no sense.

That's probably for the best.

There's a difference between discussing an old topix and literally dragging an argument from a dying thread into a fresh one.

Heroes>Fates>Arena, but they're all fairly close together imo.

Nah, being able to respond when you can is part of threads and how forums work online, user.

I want to cum in your mouth and watch you roll it around in your mouth with your tongue.

The Force has chosen the new Mandalore

All hail!

Has Sabine done anything interesting this season, or is she still boring as hell?

Hail!

I get the feeling she'd still be boring as hell even if she did something interesting. Depending on the mindset, she could be vital to every Rebel win and still be hated, if not moreso

Are Maul and the rest of the Nightbrothers called Dathomirian only because they live on Dathomir, or are they actual Dathomirian/Zabrak hybrids?

To put it another way, is Maul a pure Zabrak or is he a half-blood?

She's still the most meh character on the show, but we get little glimpses of potential here and there.

Hopefully her upcoming family reunion wont be so predictable so that we can actually get an interesting Sabine development, but I am not going to hold my breath.

It's clear they don't know what to do with her, because she was invented to be "cool" for little girls, and they realized too late that it meant she would be boring to everybody else.

They openly admitted this too, with them saying that Season 3 was going to make more effort to develop her, but ultimately she is lagging behind the rest.

Most of the main characters in rebels are boring as hell anyway.

>Eternally cursed, he wanders
>finds out about the Death Star destroying Alderaan, and hides out on Yavin 4 in the hope it can kill him
>only to watch in horror as another fucking Skywalker fucks everything up for him again
>decides to infiltrate the Empire and plant the idea of a second Death Star in Sheev's head
>Even has Sheev there to make sure it doesn't explode again
>Then he realises in horror that Luke is going there too, and that two Skywalkers in the same room will cause fuck ups of a colossal magnitude
>desperately goes down to Endor to protect the shield generator
>only to be too late, but not too late to get invited to the Ewok party
>All of them are plying the sobbing tattooed man with drinks, assuming he lost relatives in the attack
>years later, he finds out about the Starkiller Base.
>this time, he hides on it, knowing precisely what will happen
>And finds out that even the destruction of a planet can't save him
>desolate, he floats through space, accompanied only by an annoying ghost who insists on telling him stories about Good Friends.

That autist who keeps drawing mandogore is going to go absolutely nuts over this

Maul and the Nightbrothers are Dathomirian/Zabrak hybrids, if you compare Maul or Savage to a pure Zabrak such as Eeth Koth or Sugi there's a clear difference.

>mandogore
Do I even want to know?

I watch it for Kanan

It's going to be brilliant.

Does the author we all love to hate still pop in to get triggered, or is she fully committed to ruining Halo now?

It's funny, the entire rest of the Ghost crew gets sufficient characterization to be likeable within the first episode, Spark of Rebellion, and gets further development to improve their characters in every subsequent episode. Sabine meanwhile has had not just major spotlight in almost every episode in general, but numerous times she gets entire episodes dedicates SOLELY to fleshing out her character that consistently fails at achieving that. She is a void in the Star Wars universe, a black hole where good writing cannot escape, even if the entire rest of the universe around her gets proper worldbuilding and development.

If it's what I think it is, it gets posted every so often do demonstrate the mentality of the common mandofag

some autistic polish kid on deviantart draws incredibly poor guro pics of edgy special snowflake Mando OC's brutally killing the Rebels cast and creators.

What with her becoming leader and candidate for Mandalore I hope we hear how they suffered their fall from grace long ago. I'd love a flashback episode covering it and Revan.

It would be incredibly important to Rebels as a unified Mandalore has to be a big deal and I'm sure if all were united they'd be a big part of turning the tide of the war.

Its likely after one stint as mandalore, she'll give it up, to Fenn, or her mom, or Bo, or something. Her character isn't the leader sort.

IMAGINE THE BUTTHURT

This samefagging and casual sexism.

They already 100% forget Leia was supposed to be a Jedi for TFA which was a blow to girls as well but that's not enough for you? Inventing Rey was one thing but disregarding stuff about old characters like that was pretty silly.

It might be an ethnic difference? I'm more concerned about the women actually, they show the most differences.

it's funny how you can sum up every other character's growth succinctly, but I'm drawing an utter blank on Sabine.

>Ezra
Classic Hero's journey

>Kanan
Learning responsibility and restraint

>Hera
Trying to balance Loyalty to the Rebellion with her personal feelings

>Zeb
Trying to compensate for perceived personal failings

>Rex
Trying to both relive his glory days and atone for what they would ultimately lead to.

>Sabine
The Empire's bad, M'kay

>Chopper
Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for the Skull throne, Let the Galaxy burn.

Hail Mandalore the Tumblr!

When is she getting her cape and ornate armor?

It would be EXTREME

This place would be awash in anal flood

I wonder if we're EVER going to get a resurgent Mandalore. Like, not just terrorist cells like Death Watch, but the Mandalorians growing mighty and setting the galaxy on fire again.

Could be neat fodder for future movies, maybe after a few centuries of timeskip.

>casual sexism
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
what the FUCK
is this nigga serious?

>the entire rest of the Ghost crew gets sufficient characterization to be likeable within the first episode, Spark of Rebellion
You know, I was just thinking this.

Here is the thing? What do Ezra and Luke both have in common? When we meet them, they're weak, unskilled, and naive.

Part of having a likable cast is seeing characters grow and change. Literally all of the cast has seen this, except Sabine.

Back to my first sentence, I knew from the very first episode they had fucked Sabine up. It was the shot where she takes her helmet off, and is literally looking down at Ezra.

That tells the audience "She is above Ezra, she's trained, she's smarter, older, and stronger". What the fuck, that didn't happen with the other characters, at least not in such a ham fisted way. Hera is the mother figure who has learned to balance her personal feelings with advancing the Rebellion. Zeb was the muscle but has since proved to be much more than that, offering some spiritual elements to the show. Kanan is the mentor who had to first learn that he can prove to be a good mentor. Ezra of course is our Jedi-in-training, and is slowly progressing into a more mature and well-rounded character, with unsettling hints of him falling over the edge of the dark side.

But Sabine? That moment, in episode 1 where she looks down at Ezra without even saying anything interesting? Yeah, three seasons later, that's still her.

She's Boba Fett for little girls. "I have cool armor and I know how to shoot and blow things up, so that means you have to like me."

They literally forgot how important it is to give her some kind of story or development, because she looked cool.

Only now, in season 3, are they giving her a proper arc, with the Dark Saber. I think it's only fair that we give her (and Filoni & co.) a chance, but the sentiment that it's too late is natural.

If they do an arc about Ezra actually being at risk from the darkside, that would be a good way to segue into a revan episode
>Bendu sends Ezra off to a temple, to ultimately meet the ghost one who walked a path Ezra risks, yet turned away from it
>Sabine goes with him for the Mandalorian History lesson

>Sabine finds the sword of the Mandalore
>plans to unite the clans under it
>they turn on each other trying to claim the sword for themselves

Are Pablo and Dave ripping of Star Trek again?

>maul lives forever
>Obi wan's spirit always talking to him

It would be great if she does outright become approved to become Mandalore by the clans...but they have a condition.

>We are only in this state right now for one reason: Jedi. The ones you run around with represent the last of that dying light, deal with them and you may lead. Their lives to rule Mandalore and bring us salvation...that is all you must do.

And have her actually consider it...that would be amazing.

So when will Sabine kill Death Watch captain Gowron?

You were being pretty sexist.
>Girl boring to everyone else
C'mon now, I usually stay out of this shit but he's right you were proudly being sexist, dude.

Is Chopper the only likeable droid? Kay aside

>Sabine finds a sword that can be used to claim the throne of England
>plans to unite all of Britannia against the evil Roman Empire and the evil dark lord Emperor Sheevus Spinnicus Maximus
>mordredlorians steals the sword and they fight

Are Pablo and Dave ripping off ancient Arthurian legends again?

>You were a good friend.

Ezra is interesting not just because of heroes journey but because of space Aladdin and the parents, and the family relationship with the Ghost, and all sorts of shit, he's a great character really, even if he starts out childish.

Kanan also has the comic and the relationship with Hera and getting over his blindness and becoming closer to the force

Hera has her history on Ryloth and with her father, as well as relationship with Kanan, flying ships, Chopper

Zeb has the species genocide issue and the trust thing with Kallus, as well as being a buddy to Ezra

Chopper is an independent droid who was rescued by Hera and grew attached like a pet and still manages, despite his seeming disdain for everything, to come through in the end for his friends

Rex and Ahsoka don't really apply they were made good characters by TCW their appearances in Rebels just improve them

Sabine has this aloof, holier than thou quippy "speaks every sentence like she's asking a question" thing about her and fails to really interact with any other character except by bitching. We still have no idea how she really feels about anything, or what use she is other than some kind of mobile deus ex machine. She's not even a Mary Sue because other people respond to a Mary Sue, Rey is better and more interesting than this, she's just -there- but nobody really cares.

that's a great way of putting it

> are they actual Dathomirian/Zabrak hybrids?

It's this. The Dathomiri are a hybrid species of Humans and Zabraks. Females (Nightsisters) take more Human characteristics and males (Nightbrothers) take more Zabrak characteristics. Yet despite that, both genders are still very visually different compared to both species. Females have a chalk-white complexion and white hair. Males have no hair, horns in a crown pattern and dual skintones that can vary between yellow, orange and red and black being the only consistent. Their iris seemingly can also reflect light.

i fell for bait again. jesus I'm dumb.

That would be a rock solid story honestly. I hope for something like that, but I think its unlikely.

Mandos don't work like that anymore

She's not boring because she's a girl, she's boring because she's boring. Unlike all of the other characters, we're never given too much of a reason to care for her as a character. The episodes dedicated to her never really giver her much development and feel more like a drag than anything else.

>...and he was a good friend
>Oh god, why must you torment me so?
>Ah, that reminds me of how Sand would torment old Anakin here. Did I ever tell you about Sand, incidentally?
>PLEASE, NO MORE! JUST SHUT UP!
>Shouldn't have killed mai waifu, asshole.
>As I was saying, Sand was...

Can someone ask Pablo about this already so we can get rid of this user?

Fair is fair, now, we don't actually know how they work anymore. Satine's New Mandalorians have fallen. Is Almec still in charge? Is Bo from when Ahoska (maybe) made her a provisional leader? Is an Imperial governor allied with Gar Saxon? Are the clans rearmed? Is their warrior heritage still alive? Or are the people held down and only those with warrior skills are "elevated" through Imperial service?

The Mandalorians are a direct rip off the Klingons and every sci-fi fan knows it.

Also Sabine sort of has "development" in what I called all her special episodes, but they don't really do anything. It's always back to status quo.

We learn she used to be in the Imperial Academy, but this soulcrushing collectivist atmosphere drove her crazy and she left and wants to be independent yet feel like part of a team at the same time. We learn she became a bounty hunter and teamed up with a female friend, but she left that for a family, and convinces Ketsu to help them out. We learn that her family has history with Mandalorians and wants to get revenge for them harming Hera. She helps recruit Wedge to the rebellion when she goes undercover as a pilot. She makes amends with Fenn Rau and fights the imperial loyalists. Now she's got this darksaber/mandalore thing going on, but through all this it hasn't had any lasting effect on the rest of the show in any meaningful way. She has had NO development despite most of the show's airtime being dedicated to her.

I need more of this. I want this injected into my veins.

What what does make the male different from Zabrak?

>Star Trek created warrior cultures
>nevermind that the Klingons originally had more asiatic features suggestive of Mongols warriors or even lingering sentiment against Japan for Pearl Harbor, with the political tensions with the Federation based on more the Cold War and the ever present threat in that day of open warfare breaking out

The only interesting thing about Ezra was the sith holocron and now that's been pushed out.