Spider-man Homecoming

Let's talk about this a little

It's a movie we know little about aside from the trailer and cast interviews.

Good thread

I want to fuck Tom Holland.

So did ASM2 kill any chance of seeing Rhino/Electro in the new Sinister Six? Because I'm going to be pissed if that half assed Rhino is all we're getting

I think it's a film people are hyping up and they're going to be disappointed. From the trailer, it looks very bare bones. The plot looks like it's Peter trying to impress Tony to become an Avenger and he fights the Vulture on the way, which is a terrible way to set up a villain for the hero. It's trying to reinvent the wheel by having Ganke, I mean, Ned Leeds be his minority friend, (Cause every MCU hero so far has one), and they're going to try to do another girl who isn't Gwen or MJ because needs to establish this is a new Peter.

You know when people complained about 90's superhero/videogame films when they completely butcher their source material for the big screen? This is what this feels like because they don't want this to feel like a reboot and so we're getting the Peter and Tony show which kind of feels like Gob and George Michael.

I'm never disappointed, as I always expect the worst.

>So did ASM2 kill any chance of seeing Rhino/Electro in the new Sinister Six?

Probably. Word is that Marvel Studios wants to focus on the ones that haven't been touched by Raimi and ASM. Hence why we're getting Vulture. Supposedly Kraven, Scorpion and Chameleon are on the most wanted for by MS for the MCU.

You forgot Mysterio
>Chameleon
Eh, I personally never cared for the guy. But the Rhino stuff is bullshit if true. He was in it for 2 mins and a joke both in design and execution.

>You forgot Mysterio

I wasn't really sure if Mysterio was on the favored list. I mean he's certainly a good candidate in my opinion and would like to see him.

They even have good in-universe justification for him if he decides to rip-off Stark's B.A.R.F. thing and retool it for his own use.

>we will never see Bruce Campbell play Mysterio

I thought Zendaya was Flash Thompson because I heard he wasn't white or buff in this movie.
I thought she was a guy for a whole week until a friend pointed things out.
To this day I still can't see a girl in this scene.

If we're thinking of the same rumour thread, he was mentioned by the guy. Mysterio is currently on a lot of anons list, and I just don't see the point of Chameleon if he shows up. I mean I get it, one is more about illusions and the other is disguises. But Beck is the better man of misdirection

I'm very hopeful. By the looks of it it seems like they're trying too hard to distance themselves from the past Spider-man movies.
Completely understandable due to the backlash to yet another Spidey movie.

But I'm worried it might have distracted them from making an actual good Spider-man story.

In a way I'd rather they have given Miles the movie and had Spider-man as a netflix series.
A serialised story works best for Parker anyway.

Having the main villain using technology from one of the Avenger's films gives the cinematic universe more realism and possibly bridges Spider-Man's place between galactic threats the Avenger's usually handle and stuff Daredevil and Iron Fist deal with in the comic books.

Also, if and when Spider-Man does take a larger role in an Avenger's movie it's going have more impact because he spent so much screen time cleaning up the streets of "crime", a very nebulous concept in the eye of a modern day politically savvy teenager.

>I'm *NOT very hopeful.

Miles would've been too much for the current state of political affairs. Peter is safe.

So can we finally admit the suit looks fucking retarded? Full stop, outside of the eyes, looks absolutely atrocious. I guarantee if this was the suit for Amazing Spider-Man 3 everybody would be shitting on it.

good post

>If we're thinking of the same rumour thread, he was mentioned by the guy.

Yeah, we are. I guess I did forget about Mysterio then.

>and I just don't see the point of Chameleon if he shows up.

Agreed. Especially with Shield and Hydra gone. Though that, for me, is probably because my only exposure to Chameleon is from TAS where his introduction was tied to Shield.

>To this day I still can't see a girl in this scene.
I can. Though I understand your confusion.

>half assed Rhino
There is literally no way to make this character look good in live action.

What if you use an actual rhino.

That's kind of worrisome. If you're going to bring Spider-Man to the MCU, you might as well go all out. Using villains who are known for just being criminals looking for a payday (excluding Kraven in that comment) is like what they did with the Thor Franchise. You could have these high fantasy adventures, but instead they go for Jane Foster bullshit.

The trailer blew the whole damn load for the movie

No

Too much multicult bullshit. The fat filipino "best friend" also looks disgusting to the eye.
Will watch it but only after buying a ticket to another movie.

>So can we finally admit the suit looks fucking retarded?

No. I think it's a great suit. About as equally as great as the Raimi suit.

Will there be cute boys?

>I wasn't really sure if Mysterio was on the favored list. I mean he's certainly a good candidate in my opinion and would like to see him.

I'd take Mysterio over Kraven, Scorpion and Chameleon. Those later three can not hold their own films. That's right, I'm dissing Kraven.

>they didn't blow their entire load in the very first trailer, so it's probably going to be shit

I'm more confused how everyone knows who Zendaya is. Like...she's been mentioned on SNL and stuff. Who the fuck is she?

>Word is that Marvel Studios wants to focus on the ones that haven't been touched by Raimi and ASM.
Think that'll go for Norman Osborn as well?
I know some are sick of him but to be fair he's only actually been the villain in one movie out of five. Joker's getting away with a lot more.
I mean I can get holding off for a while but I'd be surprised if Marvel don't use one of the most recognisable villains that they actually hold the rights too.

And let's face it, in about 4 years time a Dark Reign adaptation will go down really well with at least half of the population.

Why are people on this board so autistic about Spider-Man's suit?

You're getting the king of "I can't hold my own movie" villains, which is the Vulture. I'm pretty sure at this point anything is fair game. Bring in Stilt-Man for the next one.

It's a sign you're getting old. I don't know her either, is she a new disney startlet being pushed? Do they still do that?

Let's be serious for a second, even if the movie is certifiably terrible or otherwise deeply flawed it's still going to get a fucking 80% on RT. Some other recent disney films that shall not be mentioned here come to mind
That's the power the mouse holds.
>InB4 lol faggot only cares about critic scores
Oh I don't, but other gullible people do. These same people will keep going and going and keeping these mediocre things alive.

If you want to fuck Tom Holland, then yes.

>is she a new disney startlet being pushed? Do they still do that?

From what I can gather, yes and yes?

>Kraven, Scorpion and Chameleon.
>Those later three can not hold their own films.

Kraven and Scorpion might. Chameleon I'd agree with though. He'd probably be regulated to being lower tier villain like Shocker and Tinkerer are for Homecoming.

Neat.

She appeared on a pre-teen Disney show

I'm not saying they didn't blow their entire load, I'm saying this film doesn't have a load to blow. Up front, in all the promotion for this film, it's clear what is the most important aspect of this film. Peter in High School. People are going over the moon speculating who Zendaya is, and it's very likely she is just an OC. There's a fucking math league subplot in the film. It's in the trailer. When Spider-Man is holding up something with that doorway, you see Flash and two other kids in these matching jackets.

I really don't expect much from this film because hey already sold the film as "Peter is in High School, Tony Stark is there"

I could do without the thick black stripes, but I prefer it overall for not having the shiny raised webs from previous Sony flicks.

I don't think it's as much Norman as it is Goblin Nonsense. Every medium of Spider-Man used the Harry Osborn plot, for example.

>Too much multicult bullshit
They're all American though. Possibly American born too.

You could have just said Ghostbusters 2016.

It's insane. It's like Spider-Man fans are seeing something in the trailer that I'm not.

Hell, I can't even see Chameleon putting up a fight against Spidey. And if Marvel ever tries to do Secret Invasion, he would be a redundant force.

>Think that'll go for Norman Osborn as well?

Supposedly not. I think the current climate in the MCU can give him a lot of room to thrive. If they have him being head of a tech conglomerate, that leaves him with little opposition in arms dealing with Hammer, Killian and Stark out of the picture. And shit going down with the Sokovia accords might also allow him to prosper if they try to do the whole Dark Avengers thing but with maybe the Sinister Six.

So yeah, even with no Goblin, there's a lot for Norman to work with.

I was actually thinking The Force Awakens

Yeah, how do anons still not know about this? oh wait wrong board

All of them except Tobey look like fucking grandpas

>Hell, I can't even see Chameleon putting up a fight against Spidey.

Why would he? Isn't Chameleon just normal in terms of physical prowess? He'd probably just be working under someone else that can challenge Spidey and Chameleon's just working under everyone's nose and then Spidey would catch later.

Or maybe some other character would do it if they want to bring in non-spidey characters appear, like Black Widow. I could imagine they could've ran into one another or at the least that she had heard of him before back in her spy days.

Most of the cast haven't even been in a Hollywood movie, this shit is doomed

I'll give you the Harry Osborn plot. I think Harry is important if you're going to have Norman but you don't need to do the 'avenge thine father' story.
I mean I love J.M.DeMatteis story but it doesn't translate well unless you've got years of a long running story behind it.

How would people take Norman doing Dark Reign first, then descending into Goblinhood?

Let's not.

This is the case for a bunch of award winning films. I'm not saying this will be perfect, but your statement was stupid.

>Most of the cast haven't even been in a Hollywood movie, this shit is doomed

Fuck ton of movies have done this and ended out okay. Do you not watch movies?

>How would people take Norman doing Dark Reign first, then descending into Goblinhood?

I wouldn't mind that. Though I think the Dark Reign stuff would have to be toned down some. All I want is for his arch to ultimately culminate to the Goblin over the course of multiple films. More than three, preferably.

F
L
O
P

it's one of those "the ugly chick looks super cute and fly for the school dance things" more than likely

sometimes i just wanna fuck a girl in the school bathroom

Apparently not.

I just want Kraven in a future installment rek-ing Peter and his social life.

A massive guy playing Kraven is the only way.

Either you have a shit ton insider knowledge or you're assuming way too much about the plot of this movie. There's been 2 minutes and 11 seconds of footage released so far, and you already know the whole script for the fucking thing.

She' looks pretty good there.

Alright, go ahead and give some examples fuckwads

Based on what I've seen, It'll be a fun, more character-driven movie with a John Hughes-esque aesthetic. It seems relatively lower budgeted than other MCU movies, so I expected it to be very succesful at the box office and generally well-received. Holland seems comfortable in the role, Ned Leeds and Liz Allen seem like charming characters, and I'm digging what Michael Keaton is doing with the Vulture.

It'll be a pretty straightforward movie, with no real surprises storywise. You can make out the plot structure by the trailer alone. But it'll still be fun.

I kind of want to see an adaptation of Book of Ezekiel with Morlun as the villain.

I've probably been listening to Mike + The Mechanics too much lately.

I think Dark Reign as an Avengers film would be the best option. That way, you can actually do something different with the Goblin And it would make sense for Norman to get that position with Trump in power.

Hollywood is a giant circlejerk anyways. Adam Sandler and Kevin James are still in movies and Brendon Fraiser isn't?

Yes. Some more prominent lines could have saved it, but it's so CG it fucking hurts.

Naw man. At most two. One Goblin film that leads into Dark Reign. I won't be able to stand all the conservatives getting riled up for that long.

>Hollywood is a giant circlejerk anyways. Adam Sandler and Kevin James are still in movies and Brendon Fraiser isn't?

That is because sadly Kevin James and Adam Sandler actually make money and Brendon Frasier doesn't.

this place spawned homestuck generals and /mlp/, why wouldn't we watch preteen disney shows?

And the set photos that leaked. Point being, that trailer reveals a lot of the set pieces. We got the Washington DC stuff, which will likely take up 20 minutes of the film. We got the boat sequence, so I'd say that'll be around 15. We got that fight in the school bus parking lot, so let's say 5 minutes. Trailers do give you glimpses into films, but when your locations are varied in the trailer, it pretty much clues you in on what to expect.

at the very least, you can tell she's a girl here

They said the same exact thing about Vulture and it turned out alright all things considered. You lack imagination user. I just think its retarded to not use him. You cant even call SONY's an attempt given how little he was featured, not to mention the Six need a heavy hitter.

For the record, my theory on how the movie goes.

>Prologue with Peter being picked up by Happy to go to Germany fight Captain America and his team and getting his new suit, and later Tony Stark dropping Peter off back at home and telling him he's not an Avenger yet.

>Spider-Man performing street-level heroics, such as the capturing the criminals dressed as the Avengers and armed with Chitauri technology.

>Peter begins his sophomore year at the Midtown Science and Technology School. He's a scholarship student and is looked down upon by the wealthy Flash Thompson, who feels overshadowd by Peter. Peter has a crush on Liz Allan and decides to join an academic declathon team to be closer to her, dragging his best friend Ned Leeds along.

>Meanwhile, Adrian Toomes is a career criminal who decides to procure weapons stolen from Stark Industries to keep up with the game now that superpowered vigilantes are patrolling the streets. He acquires weapons from the Tinkerer, a disgruntled Stark Industries engineer.

>Peter has a brief encounter with the Vulture, who escapes.

>The declathon team goes to Washington, D.C. and Vulture attacks their venue to steal something, leading to another confrontation with Spider-Man. Peter manages to rescue his classmates, but is told by Stark that the government-sanctioned Avengers can handle it.

>Peter refuses to accept this, and manages to locate the Vulture back in New York City, leading to another confrontation where the Vulture damages the Staten Island ferry and Peter has to hold it together, destroying his high-tech Stark suit.

>Peter is once again told to let the government handle it and realizes he doesn't care about being an Avenger, he just wants to help people.

>Vulture figures out who he is and attacks the Homecoming dance with his men to drawn Spider-Man out for a fight. Peter confronts him in his old underoos universe, gets his ass viciously beaten, but ultimately wins, proving himself to Stark.

It will probably be an enjoyable if predictable popcorn movie, like all Marvel films. Don't get why people are preemptively dismissing this one as Marvel's first true miss

For the record, no one cares.

You referring to the Bellafags on Sup Forums?
Do they even still exist?

>Peter wins, but Liz ends up with Flash and not him, although Flash makes amends with him. Peter ends up dancing with Michelle, who secretly has a crush on him.

>Toomes, Tinkerer and Toomes's men are all arrested and their weapons confiscated.

>Stark welcomes him into the Avengers, but Peter declines, saying Stark can call when he needs help but he belongs helping the neighborhood.

>Epilogue with Spider-Man and Iron Man swing through the city together as the people of New York embrace Spider-Man as a hero.

Kraven could be fun. If they do him, I want to see everything from crossbows to bolas, or perhaps a staff that can turn into a spear. You could also make connections to Klaue and Wakanda if you wanted too

You forgot about Shocker, and we all know Zendaya/Michelle is going to get dropped second movie to make way for Mary Jane

Looks disappointing to me

>hire another great actor for another (probably) one off villain

>hire the great actor, and then for his villain outfit, give him a giant mask that doesn't show his face

>donald looks to be some small character that tries to sell the shocker gloves

>using the same imagery from the great second spider man movie

>spiderman wont throw one punch supposedly

I wonder what they'll do with Ganke?

Just like how they will be after this movie!

Make him Hob Goblin since he's named after one
The screenwriter said that Ned in the movie is an almagation of Ganke and Ned Leeds
>You lived long enough to see a fat teen riding a goblin glider

Stays on as fat friend who drops legos? I dont know if they will or even want to try Harry again

>Naw man. At most two. One Goblin film that leads into Dark Reign.

Actually, I think it should be the reverse. Dark Reign first, then into Goblin. Dark Reign will be the height of his power as a businessman and his position/relations with the government. Then it falls apart and his deconstruction begins which culminates with his sanity snapping and becoming the Green Goblin.

So maybe two films that leads to Dark Reign, then Dark Reign, then two films about his fallout which ends with him becoming the Goblin, then a film with him entirely as the Goblin.

His rise, his height, his fall then his revenge.

Shocker is just one of Vulture's goons.

>Kraven, Scorpion and Chameleon
>Mysterio, Vulture, Shocker
I count six

>Implying Herman doesnt become the break out villain of this movie, evading the cops, and the movie doesnt end with Spider Man/Tony going to tie up that loose end in a dramatic swinging/flying shot
>Shocker being "just" a Vulture goon
Dont mock the Shocker user

You're assuming he'll get that many films. Keep in mind, we aren't guaranteed Tom Holland beyond a trilogy. Hell, we don't even know if this will be the Spider-Man franchise to actually go beyond 3. To devote so much effort for a villain who flies around on a hoverboard chucking bombs at people is kind of overdoing it. We don't need 5 movies for the same end result we got at the end of Iron Man 1.

No offense, but that's an underwhelming Sinister Six. Especially since the Chameleon can do jack shit in a fight.

Chameleon is the odd man of this lineup. Ditch him and bring in Rhino or perhaps Doc Ock. Scorpion has potential to be fun on screen, as does Mysterio and Kraven. Shocker I can take or leave, depends on his performance in Homecoming

>You're assuming he'll get that many films.

Hoping, rather than assuming. It's what I'd like to happen. I fully accept that they'd probably do something totally different or even not touch on the character at all.

> Keep in mind, we aren't guaranteed Tom Holland beyond a trilogy.
Very true. Though considering his age I think they intend (for the time being) to hold onto him for as long as possible. I somewhat expect, unless Sony decides to pull out, that they'll announce plans to have Spidey around for plenty of films beyond three.

> To devote so much effort for a villain who flies around on a hoverboard chucking bombs at people is kind of overdoing it.
Unless they play it right. Loki is less than that yet look how they've been holding onto him all this time.

> We don't need 5 movies for the same end result we got at the end of Iron Man 1.
Obadiah was just the last bit of what I was suggesting. Norman's would be his building his empire, enjoy his time at the top, then watch it all fall apart and go insane. And they don't necessarily need to keep Norman confined to just Spidey films. Look at Ross in Civil War.

>Especially since the Chameleon can do jack shit in a fight.

Who says he'd need to? He'd be the rogue of the group.

it seems insane to not give him the symbiote during infinity war

>it seems insane to not give him the symbiote during infinity war

Because they suck.

And reportedly, Spidey isn't appearing in Infinity War.

Like, I just look at that lineup and it looks really lame. What makes Sinister Six interesting is that it's such a variety of powers. Like, Doc Ock, Rhino, Electro, Shocker, Vulture and Sandman in Spectacular Spider-Man is an interesting lineup because they all require Spider-Man to change up his approach to each one (even though Electro and Shocker are somewhat similar). The reason why Sinister Six has been so hyped up for the films is that you get the idea of six of Spider-Man's biggest villains are coming together, not the leftovers. This is exactly why I'm not too excited for this MCU Spider-Man because it's leftovers because they don't want to be like the previous 5 films.

So Ganke with his name changed into Ned Leeds.