Voltron: Legendary Defender

Previous thread was archived. Come and discuss the new trailer for season two.

Other urls found in this thread:

www104.zippyshare.com/v/E74MQJsv/file.html
www31.zippyshare.com/v/MtmKOBdw/file.html
www84.zippyshare.com/v/vkWlrly3/file.html
www45.zippyshare.com/v/vuqJpRKy/file.html
www39.zippyshare.com/v/OzA1UY0h/file.html
drastic-schmastic.tumblr.com/post/155472629227/analysis-re-voltron-s2-trailer
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Sheith

What's interesting about this ship is that it's the first one of its kind for a kids show that has a chance of actually becoming canon. We know for a fact that Netflix wouldn't give a damn if one of their kids show had an openly gay couple because any homophobes who would be upset enough by gay pairings in their content have long since unsubscribed

Do you think there's a chance that they could give the fujos some Lotor/Keith shipbait? I'm used to seeing that in anime, but this is a western production and even a pro gay writing staff would be hesitant to make one of the gay characters a bad guy who lusts after one of the heroes

Doomed to sink on a reef called 'Shallura'. Klance is the only seaworthy ship in Voltron's seas.

Why are Klancers so combative? Just let people ship what they want buddy. All are welcome. All are equal.

Lortor having a raging boner for Keith would be incredible.

Space mom and dad!

>they keep finding us, somehow.

Probly your fucking robot arm Shiro,

What if they drop the ball and make Lortor ugly? True fear.

Before anyone says it, I am not under any obligation to love the mice.

Get the fuck out

>fear

I said obligation. It is not something I am compelled to do. Indeed, there is a fondness for them, but it is not something that can be forced.

To be frank, my enjoyment of their antics peaked when they outed Pidge to Allura, and the ensuing awkwardness.

I no longer regret never even giving that show a chance

>Keith gets a girlfriend

Holy shit tumblr was right. Gay erasure is real.

Better be an evil but hot galra gal that goes all Catwoman/Blackcat.

>Gay erasure
There was never any indication he was a homosexual to begin with. Take off your yaoi goggles before Mike Pence goes all Conservative Krampus on you.

Maybe they'll do a reverse Samus is a Girl. Imply that she's a chick only for it to turn out to be a dude. I doubt they'd keep the gender so ambiguous if there wasn't a twist.

Or maybe it's Keith's long lost mom.

Because when none of you would support or defend us, we defended ourselves and survived without you, and now that we stand on the cusp of perfection and greatness to topple all rivals in the glory that is Klance, now you come asking for tolerance and mercy from us? After you denied us when we asked for the same? How shallow you truly are. Tumblr was right to exile your kind.

I have my bets on related to Keith.

>girlfriend
>tfw it's Matt

What the Galra made super weapon that is imbued with magic from the person who is basically second in command of the whole Empire?

Nah, I think it's the mice.

Okay I laughed

>Why are Klancers so combative?
Insecure just like their favo Lance. At least you all know how Keith feels whenever Lance pulls this same shit with him.

No, Lotor will be beautiful and steal Keith's heart away.

No way

Okay since I'm too lazy there's a shot in the trailer where they show the lions taking off yet we don't see Keith's lion with them.
What happened to him? Unless in that scene Keith is commanding the black lion but that doesn't make much sense to me

More likely he can sense Black, like Keith sensed Blue and later Red, or he can sense Keith.

Anons last thread suggested that the lion sensing must be a galra trait that Keith has.

So since he'll be Half-Altean, will LD Lotor use his shape shifting powers to make himself SWOLE?

Keith probably sees Shiro as more of a father figure since his Galra dad probably ditched him.

I could only guess maybe that fight takes place when later we see the scene of Keith with the ally Galra.

...you know I thought shoulder pads was female. But Matt is a slim guy. They need to let Pidge find at least one person in her family. I'd like to see this happen.

Literally anything could have happened from him taking off earlier to being dead in a black whole. This is why fucking shitty headcanons have become so numerous. Take a scene with no context and just make shit up.

This isnt fucking CNN you dont need to whatif yourself to death.

Well there's a giant Galra crushing Lance. Maybe Pidge will get to save him this time.

I hope his patricide of Zarkon is less Kylo Ren and more Tai Lung.

The fujos are so fast...

Just because Keith calls Shiro daddy doesn't make him his father figure.

That Galra's chest is too broad for it to be a woman. Those boots are unisex too.

I mean I'm not judging Keith if he's into that yanno.

>Keith is nothing else but a vehicle to ship with

What magic did they do?

Wh-why doesn't Shiro have a mouse, Sup Forums?

He's too pretty for his own good.

Anyone else worried they're going to squander serious plotlines? I know it's a kids show but that never stopped ATLA from being interesting. The first trailer seemed like it was setting up something good but then this one showed it was mostly bullshit and now they're just dodging Zarkon and fighting him in the spirit realm. I don't want to be negative but after how simple the comics were and how average the trailer was I'm losing hype.

kek, i just noticed that
>pink is pidge
>hunky one is hunk
>small blue is lance
>grumpy red is keith
that is adorable

I would imagine that Galra naturally have heightened senses, so when one is a Paladin or a destined one, their senses get paired with the innate connection to the Lions and they can use that to track down Lions.

Either that or it's just a tracking device embedded in Shiro's arm, or the Black or Red Lions.

Or it has something to do with Galra Keith and Lance was right all along.

Most likely I think Zarkon can just sense the Black Lion. When Shiro discovers this, he flies off by himself in order to lure Zarkon away from the team.

Pretty but no personality so girls can project onto him.

>"I'm sorry Shiro, your mouse was lost with its original paladin."
>"I guess I'll just have to make due."

>Meanwhile, at Galra HQ...

>"Who's a good boy? Who wants some cheese? I bet you do! I bet you--"
>"My lord Zarkon, we must prepare for--"
>"HAGGAR WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT KNOCKING?"

So how the fuck did Alfor get the Black Lion away from Zarkon to begin with?

There's a lot about the last Paladins they better show us.

He had it repoed in the middle of the night. Probably by the space equivalent of South Beach Towing.

This show has always been mediocre.
The teaser trailer was a nice change in tone but it wasn't what season 2 was truly going to be about. What you got in the trailer reminds you of season 1 right? That's what they're going for since its boring and safe

Keith probably used his space dad's notes about the Blue Lion's possible location and lied about the hunch.

This too.

The first half of season 2 will determine if I drop it or not.

Season 1 was decent, but nothing special. If it's just more of the same where they play it safe, then I'm probably going to drop it.

i'm thinking the running from Zarkon (explicitly) is just for one episode. Two max. ATLA even did an episode like that so I predict it'll flow similarly.

Prettyboy with a feminine face and lean build that makes it easy for fujos to project onto or project with.

I think he has a lot of potential for great character development but time will tell.

Me too.
The Holts deserve to be happy.

I mean, not counting SU ships

He is a pretty boy with a temper but has a softer side.

Also I don't get the people who say he has no personality just because he isn't annoying like Lance.

He just didn't get a focus episode and isn't a character type that naturally takes the spotlight. His biggest moment was when he 1-v-1'd Zarkon.

They say he has no personality because a side character like Lance ironically has more lines and screen time than he does. They use the other characters to move the story along instead of Keith

Or Korra.
Or if we want to go into other popular entertainment, Tracer recently being confirmed as lesbian for Overwatch.

But those are all lesbians or lesbian ships, and in my opinion lesbian romance is the easy and safe way out when it comes to gay representation in popular media. Or so I've noticed.

I think that user means the first gay male couple in kids cartoons.

Show or series?

The show, this version of Voltron.

which version has been good

It's funny because Keith only ever seems to display a personality when Lance is around, though as the season was closing out he was coming out of the shell around others more and more often. Plenty of room for growth.

>Pidge being able to hold Lance back
I know Lance bitches at him cause he's jealous of Keith's piloting skills. Lance is also the most friendly of the group and most likely to get in someone's face about anything. I get the feeling Keith wants to be better friends with everyone but opens up a little more to Lance because he's the one to actually get Keith involved in something. With his behavior problems at Garrison it probably means he was always slightly awkward. He doesn't bond as much with Pidge or Hunk because they're techies and ALWAYS working on something. Pidge is either doing mechanical work or working for her family. Hunk is mechanical work or cooking. He knows Shiro from before. And then basically all Lance has to do is help out someone else or train. So to me it makes sense that Keith would show a little more personality around Lance, especially considering Lance hadn't even met Pidge yet, but was making plans for "bonding experiences".

And he has an insane kousetrap inspired security system built to protect it from the cat-galra.

Why is Shieth so pure? Its like Keith's sluttiness disappears even when Shiro is just standing near him.

Because its a relationship built on trust, in the show you can clearly tell that they're close and look out for each other.

>this is how Zarkon is tracking them

So what'll happen if they find Pidge's dad and bro, and it turns out they're fine? Will they drop them off back on earth? Will they just hang around the castle for the rest of the series?

Voltron - Legendary Defender 01 (of 05) (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www104.zippyshare.com/v/E74MQJsv/file.html

Voltron - Legendary Defender 02 (of 05) (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www31.zippyshare.com/v/MtmKOBdw/file.html

Voltron - Legendary Defender 03 (of 05) (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www84.zippyshare.com/v/vkWlrly3/file.html

Voltron - Legendary Defender 04 (of 05) (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www45.zippyshare.com/v/vuqJpRKy/file.html

Voltron - Legendary Defender 05 (of 05) (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Midas)
www39.zippyshare.com/v/OzA1UY0h/file.html

How deep does this mouse hole go!?

>Keith is topless in trailer.
They know how appeal to their fanbase.

Doc (was he a doctor?) Holt will take over as sort of a stand-in Earth daddy to everyone in the same sense Coran is like the Altean daddy to everyone, plus be the unofficial "ambassador" for Earth in this Voltron anti-Galran Empire alliance thingy Allura's forming. Frees up Shiro from having to shoulder all that burden, not to mention providing an actual Earther elder figure and not just someone only marginally older than every other human present.

Matt will be a Galra-programmed problem child for a while until he starts working his way back to being fully human instead of an alien weapon that's turned on its masters as part of a Fifth Column anti-Zarkon/Druids faction, and will finally come to accept his own humanity again when he replaces Shiro as a Voltron pilot, which will effectively keep Allura's ass out of a lion's seat where it categorically doesn't need to be. I envision he'll take over Red when Keith moves to Black.

I hope so, it just seems like a boring thing to make a trailer about which could mean there's not much else going on if that's the best they can do.

They probably don't want to spoiler too much.

Chances of Pidge saving Lance's ass this time? He's probably gonna need some time in the pod for broken bones though.

gotta love the mice
That's alright I'll do the job for you.

Because once you have Shiro, there's no trading up from there. You're ruined for life after experiencing the one true waifu.

This too

Is there a name for this yet. Klotor? Keitor? Leith? (hope not since that'll fuck with tagging, being a place in Scotland and non-rare last name)

Being annoyed is not the same as displaying a personality.

drastic-schmastic.tumblr.com/post/155472629227/analysis-re-voltron-s2-trailer
>klancefags

Oh please. He's too busy holding the new chicks hand.

LOTOR WHEN

>chick

Bold assumption.

beach episode pls

It's a nice chain of coincidental and unrelated similarities, but hardly anything definitive and in the case of the bayard-handgun comparison it's headcanoning like a madman. I rate it as being improbable at best that it's Lance in that pod. The Matt theory holds more water.

50/50 really. Slim build. chest is bigger but that might be armor. Plus shoulder pads make the shoulders seem bigger.

>Matt
Did you see his hands? No way it's not a galra.

The claws. However those could be part of the uniform so that the one wearing it doesn't seem out of place. Or Matt has new arms. I'm hoping it's Matt. Pidge should find at least one member of her family this season.

Yeah, that's how I feel too. The teaser trailer had some really nice tension but they completely ruined the suspense with this new one. It felt so lackluster.

Those hips do not belong to a man.

I think its the ninja chick.
Basically Keith and whoever else is with him found some survivors who are either galrans or some other alien race. Allura is clearly not happy about the new aliens as we saw from the first trailer where she frowns at one of them standing up from a kneeling position.
This takes me back to when the creators said that Keith and Allura will have a strong emotional moment.
Allura wants nothing to do with the aliens because they were either from a pro-galran force or betrayed the alteans in the past.
Keith will have a leadership moment where he tells her that Voltron helps those in need or some something similar

That is an alien female.