Will this be explained or is it just Rebirth magic?

Will this be explained or is it just Rebirth magic?

He was just having a small existential crisis that resulted in one of his blood clones gaining dominance for a bit. But the main man worked through his issues, swam with the dolphins and is back in fighting shape.

Who the fuck cares?
All the bullshit with all the fucking reboots and universe resets and fuckage like that.
Remember 52 Lobo? Fucking hell.

IDK. At first I thought Rebirth was just a rebranding where characters would start to embrace their old characteristics with explanations like old costumes and codenames coming back, GA growing the goatee, relationships etc. But there are some things like the change back to Wonder Woman's classic origin, Lobo, and Amanda Waller being overweight in flashbacks, and more that make me question that.

no Rebirth is a retcon that says that the New 52 Merged Earth is in reality the old Post Crisis Earth and the changes we've seen, which are beginning to unravel are the direct result of outside tampering.

I sincerely hope that Rebirth magically fixed the following...

-Black Canary being Dinah Lance (not Drake) and having a secret ID again
-Catwoman being Selina Kyle again (not a mob boss' daughter with a stolen name)
-Mr. Freeze actually having a wife named Nora (not being a creepy stalker who was never married)

Thing's on Rebirth's to do list

>fix Mr Freeze
>give a proper reason for Lobo and the other Lobo shenanigans
>fix the Anti-Monitor
>Remember Black Betel
>pickup dropped preFlashpoint plot line #472
>everything involving Harvest

I know I'm missing a lot, so someone pick things up.

If he was on the first suicide squad, wouldn't that mean he's been imprisoned earlier than anything we've really seen in new52? The other Lobo is probably just some other guy.

>Black Canary being Dinah Lance

Yes, they call her Dinah Lance liberally, but acorrding to Wikipedia it's also official that she was/is still Dinah Drake-Lance They wasted no time in hooking her back up with Ollie, too, which was amazing.

>and having a secret ID again

I'm not sure about this. I've only read Green Arrow and the best I can guess is that her identity is secret but she doesn't go to crazy lengths to keep it that way.

>switch back Cyborg and Marian Manhunter
>Bring back Oracle and give the other Batgirls their real names back

The thing I'm disappointed in that Rebirth seems to be doing is with Aqualad II. I mean they gave him the look of his YJ counterpart, but he's still Jackson Hyde (so he has always lived on land), really young, and apparently gay. And they had the perfect chance to make him just Kaldur'ahm, but they fucked it up.

I think Barbara being Batgirl is better desu. Let Stephanie be spoiler and Cassandra be whoever the hell she is. Besides, everything still happened to Barbara. She just got a surgery that fixed her paralysis. Plus, TKJ was never meant to be canon in the first place.

Why is General Eilling white in the "Legends of Tomorrow" Firestorm comic, but black in Captain Atom?

Here's a big one.

I just liked Oracle. I want stories with that dynamic again. I guess it doesn't even have to be Barbara.
Orphan is a terrible name for Cass though, there's no reason they can't switch it back to Black Bat.

Did they ever even mention the new Marvel family after the back ups? I'm guessing Johns eventually wanted to do an ongoing with what he set up, but that never happened.

I honestly think Waller being fat in the flashback was an art error. Max references her having put on weight on the next page, so it would make no sense to show her fat at a time when we know she was skinny.

Either way, it was really lazy

I'm about to blow your minds:
Lobo was never supposed to make sense or be explained

fugg

I keep saying this.
Lobo is a mirror of the current direction of DC.
When Nu-bo showed up, it was when they were making everyone young and slim and bishounen.
Now that things are spinning back to a more proper state, he's the guy we know and love.

I can probably fit Slo-bo into this too, but I've never read him.

He broke through like pre flashpoint supes, only instead of his shite52 dieing on his own, in another parody of superman's origin story he murdered his own double with his patented How To Kill A Czarnian technique that only he knows(he strangled him, just make it canon already DC)

That's how he started and it worked because what he was a parody of was actually pretty cool in the first place. Nubo failed because he was a parody of properties that only a dumbass with the worst taste would unironically like

I would also add to the list:
>Give Tim Drake his old origin, name, etc. back.

I really hope they make a Lobo movie sooner or later. Could be DC's answer to Deadpool. And I'd cast pic-related as the Main Man. (if he can do an American accent) Or Tyler Mane. But he can't be under 6'5.

They call him Tim Drake still

Lobo can flat out be DC's Deadpool if DC actually worked to popularize him.
As a 19 year old bormie who only recently got into comics this past year, I didn't even know Lobo existed until I played Injustice and took an immediate interest in him.
His character works, DC just needs to utilize it Shazam needs lots more love with publicity as well. Not sure if they should keep his name as Shazam or not either

Shazam is better than Captain Marvel, which was his origional name until Marvel stole the IP in court. Gonna get so much hate from Zam Fans but fuck off. Carol ruined it and it would have been confusing even if marvel didn't fuck things up.

Captain Marvel is best, but Captain Thunder would be better than Shazam.
>Carol ruined it
Just like everything else.

Just shooped this in a matter of 10 minutes once I saw your post.

>Before his career as a wrestler, Jones was sentenced to 16 years in 1987 at the age of 18 to Boggo Road Gaol for eight armed robberies between 1985–1987, two of which occurred in Tasmania. During the robberies, he became one of Australia's most wanted and ended up serving seven years in a maximum-security prison.

Thunder is okay, I dunno. We have enough Captains already on both the hero and villains sides now and I personally want to see more stuff with Nate. Not on The CW either, unless they make his gay obligatory Sup Forums drama nothing to do with romance and they keep his base team at three people, Eiling, Magella and Babylon.

Yeah, but Billy was Captain before all of them including Steve Rogers.

would a theoretical CW Shazam be better if they casted actual kids or nah?

It would probably be three kids, ranging from tweenage to late teens. Kids are naturally shit actors until they it double digit plus a few years.

Let's just pray there are no race changes.

Race changes on three next to nameless kids who get changed around all the time anyway? Nobody cares about the kids that make Shazam.
Ha. Those aren't cherries, they're turds. Don't pick them.

I'm talking about Billy, Freddy, and Mary.

That's actually pretty good.

Mister Freeze is going to be fixed. Even Scott Snyder admitted his Mr Freeze story was a mistake.

I just assumed he killed the other NewLobo. That's what the other NewLobo did to the other Lobo.

No one read the Bunn ongoing though

Please DC! Make him Captain Marvel again. Not like your competition is in the position to throw stones right now. Go for it.

>Will this be explained or is it just Rebirth magic?- 39 posts and 4 image replies shown.
nuLobo killed Lobo.
But you cannot kill the Main Man, so nuLobo progressively turned into oldLobo.

Which, frankly, makes as much as sense as everything else.

So is this like reality warping shit then? And the characters can't tell that it's happening.

JLA Lobo is great.