/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Make the man some fucking eggs Edition.

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Rebels 3.11: "Ghosts of Geonosis" (January 7)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 3 - Mid-Season Trailer
youtu.be/upN-7ALj2OU

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Canon guide

Who's that? New Rebel?

You forgot to list Dark Forces/Jedi Knight. Easy mistake, I know.

I was half expecting them to get Ewan McGregor.

>You will never see clones decimate a squadron of enemies with ruthless efficiency, only to go to a bar afterward and spill spaghetti at every girl that approaches them

Hey, cook us some eggs, ey bitch?

ooh and some bacon

rate the movie battles

Scarif>Endor>Coruscant>Yavin>Hoth>Naboo>Geonosis>Starkiller

Too expensive. Even McDiarmid is too expensive for not even two minutes of dialogue as Sheev in the Rebels season 2 premier. Though I think he'd have been happy to do it if they asked.

She's a slave.

Man I'd love to have had Sheev proper be in it. Sam Witwer's Sheev just sounds too off.

Wow, that is the worst togruta cosplay I've ever seen. TorgrutaCon is hereby cancelled forever. Way to go, whatever-you-are lady.

>games that don't exist yet are canon

He's been vocal about wanting to play Palpatine again, so he'd definitely jump to do it. Given that the show has gone out of its way to get movie actors, I hope that the only reason they went with Witwer was because it was so small a part, and if they ever bring him in for more substantial dialogue they'll get Ian.

Though really, there probably isn't much for Sheev to do in the show.

Hoth > Endor > Yavin = Scarif > Geonosis = Coruscant > Naboo > Starkiller

>there probably isn't much for Sheev to do in the show.
Is this b8?

While we're posting guides, might as well post the Clone Wars episode guide before someone asks again.

How in the fuck is this guide suppose to work?

Scarif>Coruscant>Hoth>Yavin>Geonosis>Endor>Naboo>Starkiller

Why would he be baiting? We've barely seen the Emperor, and I'm sure that is by design. They don't want to water him down too much.

If you want to see him practically ever episode glowering at people and gnashing his bad teeth as his evil plans are thwarted, try The Freemaker Adventures. Which is worth it anyway just on general principals.

He implied there's nothing for Sheev to be doing.
Sheev could be doing plenty of things, if they decided to make certain things canon.

Do you prefer Stormtroopers being elite shock troopers who are only used sparingly, or being the bulk of the galactic military?

Nu-canon seems to lean towards the latter, I don't think we have any canon examples of a generic Imperial military.

Seems straight forward enough. They put the show in chronological order by arcs, giving you the arc titles and what episodes the arc contains and a brief description of the type of arc.

a 2017 release

why?

He could, sure, but that doesn't mean he should be shown doing all that much. He's best when used sparingly

The PT is making a comeback, baby! All of Pablo's disinformation campaigns are finally paying off!

If you want to sucker the people, you hit them in their twitters!

We're in 2017 m8

Why are blockades in Star Wars always on one side of the planet?

I know this image isn't the best example.

It would be funny if they got all the voices done by Ahmed Best

Who says they are?

Maybe because you only see that side of the planet?

There are probably other ships elsewhere, but they arent going to blanket the entire planet

judging from the movies and the tv show
storm troopers are used as garrisons on planets, marine complements on starships, and as the primary infantry for military operations

while black suited, helmet and blaster pistol using grunts are used as security in starships and for indoor areas

so stormtroopers are actual military regulars, while the more lightly armored guards are internal security

I've always liked the Lucrehulk, even though it is a pretty weird ship.

yes..and why is a phantom menace read along being released in 2017 is my question

Is there somewhere I can go to get into Rebels and catch up?

Also, I read somewhere that Sheev had a resort planet, which he had used to house the displaced Alderaaneans. This got me thinking: does the emperor, or any sith for that matter, partake in leisurely activities or hobbies like any other person would? Surely they can't be thinking of evil all the time.

Yavin>Coruscant>Scarif=Endor>Hoth>Naboo>>Geonosis>Kashyyyk>Utapau>Jedha>Mygeeto>Takodana>Starkiller

How do blockades work in regards to planets, anyway?

>Though really, there probably isn't much for Sheev to do in the show.
Yeah, that's kind of the thing. The show's setting kind of prevents anything major enough for him to get directly involved in. The most we could probably expect from another Palpatine guest appearance is for him to just tell Vader/Tarkin/Thrawn/whoever some stuff via hologram.

spread out so that any escaping ship will be in scanning range of a number of ships

when you detect someone escaping, you intercept them

It's the side of the planet that leads to the hyperspace lane.

Nucanon has specific directions that you want to travel in to get to your desired hyperspace lane. "Jump points"

Halfway through the Darth Bane trilogy and loving it. Can anybody make any book recs? Comics are fine as well.

not canon

I would watch an evil dead and star wars crossover.

Hyperspace lanes aren't necessary for travel, only more convenient. You could jump from a neighboring system or even technically just jump from the space between systems. You could use long range scanners, probes, or probes with long range scanners, perhaps.

Really it's just for dramatic purposes on screen. I mean sure we they can find various explanations if pushed, most logical being how important control of the orbit of the planet is, especially when orbital bombardments are big bad news. On screen they just generally don't need it. Totally milked for drama. Like the Rebels needing to escape through the blockade on Hoth rather than just zipping around to the back of the planet.

read stuff that actually matters and not glorified fan fiction

How much do you think a CGI animated Star Wars movie looking like this would cost?

Pretty sure he's open to not canon books since he mentions some.

Wish I could help. I've mostly just read the new stuff. Some of the NJO books too long ago to remember them in any good detail. Sorry.

Remember guys, don't feed the obvious trolls your (you)s. Don't be a Tarkin, it isn't worth blowing up your own thread just to "teach them a lesson."

But Tarkin doesn't rise to the bait

>Why are blockades in Star Wars always on one side of the planet?

Hyperspace lanes. They amass in the direction where ships would be coming out of hyperspace. Hence why in TESB, the escaping rebel ships had to go in the direction of the Star Destroyers instead of any direction they want. Anyone who goes into Hyperspace does so based on a pre-plotted route. Like a road. There's no off-roading with Hyperspace.

Get ships either around the entire world or in geosync/ thruster assisted geosync over a specific part of the planet, scramble to intercept incoming ships.

>It's the side of the planet that leads to the hyperspace lane.
>Nucanon has specific directions that you want to travel in to get to your desired hyperspace lane. "Jump points"
Not quite, though yeah Tarkin did mention that the vast majority of ships relied on navigational beacons in most parts of the galaxy (In Legends Beacons were really only for the most unpredictable parts of space.)

Legends recs first since I know them better: Almost anything with the Bantam cock on it aside from the Jedi Knight trilogy, Crystal Star, Calista trilogy,

Anything By Allston, Stackpole, or Zahn, though you may not want the stuff by Allston set during or after the Vong War, Allston was an amazing author and I managed to enjoy his vong-era stuff but it's not a good arc for Legends over all. The Tales of/From contain lots of mini stories and many of those stories are good.

For Del Rey Legends stuff: Most anything by Luceno, Stover, or John Jackson Miller is great barring stuff set in bad eras like the vong and post-vong shitheaps.

Speaking of John Jackson Miller: Read the fucking KotOR comic as soon as possible it's about a con-man and his ex-jedi sidekick unveiling a conspiracy

What makes you think the back of the planet wasn't covered? or that hugging the ground around the planet would be safe once they got out from under the shield?

About 2 billion dollars

Half of what Disney paid Lucas.

I wish Bossk would show up again soon. Like in Rebels or something.

Me too, user.

about 20,000 republic dataries

He thinks he doesn't but canon proves otherwise. Especially in ANH. He thought he was fishing for Rebels, turns out they were baiting him in. Tarkin took the bait all the way and refused to evacuate in his moment of triumph turned greatest military defeat in the Empire's history to-date. At least he didn't survive to see it.

Now you fucking faggots even infected the Star Wars thread on /toy/? Why can't you just stay here?

im gay

>What makes you think the back of the planet wasn't covered?
I never said they weren't, but they wouldn't need to be, nor would it be necessarily wise strategy especially once any point of the blockade is met by the enemy. Do you risk keeping your forces spread out in case the enemy tries to jump in more ships to enter from the back? What if you don't commit your forces and you end up losing? The rest of your ships scattered, in disarray, and easy pickings.

Instead we just don't see such issues. After all, how do YOU know that long range sensors don't allow them to detect incoming enemies and arrange their fleet appropriately to meet the threat without needing to spread out too thin?

Wait, what did we do?

What's your fucking beef, guy?

I'd love to see him and Ezra meet again for the first time in years. Maybe share some stories.

Comics, well, Kanan is pretty good plus if you like Greg Weisman (Gargloyes, Young Justice, Spectacular Spider-Man, etc) he was involved. I keep hoping we'll see some of the characters in the comic show up in Rebels. For that matter, Rae Sloane too though she originated in A New Dawn.

The new Lando mini-series was pretty good. His own "oceans 11" style caper that turns out to involve stealing the Emperor's own treasures. Anakin and Obi-Wan miniseries has good arc. Story is a tad weak but it is interesting to see some of what ancient technology in Star Wars looks like, Sheev and Anakin go clubbing, and we're left with a Jedi mystery that some people swear hints at a certain someone from old canon. I don't know if it is worth not spoiling since damned if I know you'll pick up on it or not.

Han's mini-series has some interesting elements, I enjoyed it. The ending was really weird, but some of the implications it raises are fascinating. If you like Han being Han and pushing it to the limit in a high stakes race where he, as a mere smuggler, is viewed as a joke by the competition, then it might be for you. FWIW in nu canon Han ends up becoming pretty heavy into racing after ROTJ, sponsors some pretty big races, and tends to hire racers and smugglers alike for his shipping company. This seems to be when he starts really earning his cred as a racer, regardless of the Kessel Run. Of course TFA would reference the Kessel Run over anything new he's famous for because that's how JJ rolls.

The old KOTOR series is pretty good, minus ( I feel) the stupid wacky crossover event they did. Oh and personally I think once their first major story was ended the rest of the series was a lot weaker, but that's just my two cents. Stuff like Ghost Prison is cool. I don't know, there's a ton of shit to choose from.

The thread on /toy/ is currently rife with the particular /swco/ brand of autism and it makes it hard to read.

hey that's pretty good

I never read Ezra's gamble. Were he and Bossk actually friends by end of it?

We will, Sup Forums, when you learn you aren't wanted and stick to your own dog feces covered back yard. Stop trying to engineer stealth invasions of other boards by trying to trick them into visiting /toy/. We already have a healthy crossover as is.

Definitely Less than Netflix spent on The Crown; hopefully the Disney Netflix partnership yeids something like this.

They seemed to mostly be friends by the end from what I could tell. Definitely held a good respect for each other, at the very least.

Needs a new updated version for new Rogue One novel

>We're left with a Jedi mystery that some people swear hints at a certain someone from old canon. I don't know if it is worth not spoiling since damned if I know you'll pick up on it or not.

I've read the series, but must have missed this reference?

if anyone can a Trandoshan

People swear the ancient Jedi from the recording is Revan. That's about it. I don't happen to have any better images handy at the moment. Heck, some people have already colored it in like it was Revan.

As for the rest of the mystery, while the old woman identifies the image as a Jedi she also thinks, from when the image used to have color data, that the sword was red. So maybe Jedi vs Sith or Jedi schism that created the Sith. It's never explained.

That and the ancient mech suits. Crazy stuff. Fun to imagine mechs used to be a galactic standard but fell out of fashion like a fad.

Why is Star Wars so fucking addictive
I've always loved it since i was a kid, but for two years now i can't get enough of it

My friends are starting to think i'm autistic, i think
My parents only bought me Star Wars related stuff on Christmas
My girlfriend told me she did a party with her friends in which they were supposed to watch all 7 Star Wars movies but she told me they gave up to Empire because they "felt kinda bored", and that legit offended me on a personal level

Please tell me you guys are all like that

>For that matter, Rae Sloane too though she originated in A New Dawn.

I kind of forgot she existed. I really enjoyed A New Dawn too. Apparently she shows up in the Aftermath books, which is unfortunate as they're basically unreadable.

No, and the fact that you have a girlfriend makes me personally offended

Checked it out, it's clearly false flag troll bs. The "fight" is someone saying that Boba and Jango aren't Mandalorian, which is true enough, but /swco/ wouldn't be blaming Dave Filoni when it was George who said it. I guess you could blame the Storygroup for not overriding him now that he's gone, but whatever.

Even if the info is true, it's clear someone is just screwing with them for lulz.

KOTOR's like A New Hope if during the climax, Luke found out that he was actually Sheev this whole time.

i am bro. It cooled down a little bit, only because now im turning into a JoJo fag.
Kill me

Go with the Dark Side ending where Luke puts on the Emperor's robes and declares now he is the Emperor.

>Now I am Vader.

Okay but what if instead, we decide what is cannon based on what has a lego set?

What do you guys think the Rebels crew would've been named if Georgie-boy was in charge of naming them?

How the hell did I not notice this before?

>My girlfriend told me she did a party with her friends in which they were supposed to watch all 7 Star Wars movies but she told me they gave up to Empire because they "felt kinda bored", and that legit offended me on a personal level

It takes 15 hours to watch all 7 movies and Empire drags in the middle

Trust in the force, you did not. Mmm.

I won't be happy until we get more Freemakers sets that include the Palpatine Museum. INCLUDING little Emperor bobbleheads. Come on, Lego, you can use the creepy Lego baby body and everything!

You weren't here for Rebels season 1?

It was one of the updated Imperial models invaded by Chopper after Kanan was captured. Chop fired a bunch of guys out the airlock.

They've had a ton of screen time in rebels, somehow I just didn't make the connection. I'm kicking myself since I immediately noticed Cham's shuttle was a Republic Nu-Class, and Phoenix Base was a Republic Medical Cruiser; and those had hardly any screen time.

Any other Clone Wars vehicles show up in Rebels?

You fucked up and put the roman numerals for 4 a second time when you were doing Episode 9.

>Any other Clone Wars vehicles show up in Rebels?

The Phantom 2 is an old CIS shuttle.

I didn't mean you overlooked it, well I guess I did but it's not like it's hard. I was referring to back when the eps first aired we'd crawl through the trivia and concept art from the site. The updated Jedi Light Cruiser was a favorite back then. the side material doesn't get as much play these days (sometimes an user will post them all in one go) I think because they arrive on the set on Monday after the ep has already aired. By then the excitement over that new episode smell has passed.

I think my favorite time one showed up, beyond Chopper spacing those dudes (Jesus, Chop!), was the Iron Squadron episode. The shitty kids who kept thinking they were defeating Star Destroyers when fighting Gozantis. They see the triangular light cruiser, "Finally! A Star Destroyer!"

It's a shame Thrawn doesn't rate an SSD as a Grand Admiral (Tagge was Grand General but also held Tarkin's place in terms of Imperial power)

>Phoenix Base was a Republic Medical Cruiser
The Pelta-Class being teased to us at the end of season 1 and then it is lost in the same season opener where it was introduced will never stop hurting. At least it technically lasted more than one episode, but that didn't really help.

At least the hammerheads are lasting (I suppose Bail might have bought some more for cheap and just gave Phoenix three of them). I have the feeling the poor captured light carrier won't be surviving Thrawn.

They were watching in release order

>It's a shame Thrawn doesn't rate an SSD as a Grand Admiral
Meant to add it would be worth it just to see the kids' faces.

It's probably more because he lives in the UK.

>Read the fucking KotOR comic
This can't be overstated enough, even if it does hit a few stagnant arcs