This is the future of cinema.

All movies will have to pander to women and the Chinese

it was too pure for this world

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF VILLEKEK

>scott mendelson
who the fuck is this guy
every single time theres a garbage thread like this its him

>Sinking like a movie that made 800mil
Reminder avatars opening weekend wasn't that spectacular. Blade runner will show a 0% drop this weekend and the weekend after.

Literally too good for normies. It's amazing that this movie was ever made. They don't know what they're missing because they have never seen a miracle.

*breathes in*

The first was a box office disaster, this isn't too much of a surprise. And honestly I don't care that much, if it was successful then they would make another and it doesn't need a sequel. There should never be another Blade Runner movie, this is perfect with only 2.

>Bladerunner flops
>initial reviews middling
>over time gets better and better reception
>becomes a cult classic

>2049 flops
>gets almost universal praise
YOU ARE HERE
>dvd and blu ray sales make it a cult classic
>becomes an iconic scifi staple for years

oh damn I guess that means no Cinematic Universe of assembly line sequels and spin-offs

Batman v Superman made a billion fucking dollars tho.

kek one of the good ones

We should be so lucky in the case of BvS.

is this the best timeline?

Komm Susser Tod, just came on my playlist the second I read your post.

you want me to call your respiratory therapist?

what does it matter now?
the point is it was made and got released finally
and it was great
no one really needs a third one considering how satisfactory this was

thank god
now I dont have to pretend to hate it since normies like it

Where are we here?
nationalreview.com/article/452384/blade-runner-2049-dystopia-boring-predictable

but what about le Replicant Resistance vs le Evil Human Supremacist Empire

was the mention of BvS really necessary?

Fake news.

>Batman v Superman
>sinking
Budget $300m
Final Box Office $873m

BR2049 budget was $185m and it's made $98m so far. Once worldwide totals are it I'm sure it will have at least made money.

>Sinking like a movie that made 800mil

Which opened at 300 million, while Blade Runner couldn't make 100 million

>Box Office: $873.3 million
Damn whoever is understating the box office receipts by nearly $200 million. I sure Disney is somehow behind this. The Eternal Mouse strikes again!

from the same crowd who thought TFA was exciting?

Oh it'll happen
Ridley Scott wanted this to be a franchise like alien, but got too busy with the martian and alien. All he needs to do is ask Fox

The worst part of this news is that retards on Sup Forums will use it as justification for liking BvS.

Bladerunner 2049 is a masterpiece that unjustly flopped.
BvS is a steaming pile of shit that got more praise and profit than it deserved.

I agree with him for a lot of it. It wasn't as inventive as the original. But at the same time I think the story and emotional connection is better. And I have a boner for Villenueve's style.

2049 literally ends on a cliffhanger

This weekend there will be a rebound, you’ll see.

Eat a dick Mendelson with your forced BvS=Ishtar memes it was still a hit movie.

YOU ARE HERE
>people realize it's overrated garbage; all style no substance
>forgotten in 6 months like other bargain bin sci fi like alien covenant
>best case scenario is a rifftrax revival in 20 years

I believe this but u ironically. Cinema was a lot more full when I saw it tonight than last friday

I never really understood the hate for Ishtar.

>just talks louder if foreign actors can't understand him

Unironically*

There's 1 poster who is obsessed with him (I suspect because he's Jewish and Sup Forums is obsessed with Jews) and only uses articles from him

>shit movie flops

News at eleven.

this movie is a classic and better than the original my lad. i sincerely believe this and this movie will get at least 3 academy awards. dennis you have a bright future from now on, dont become a sellout please

this.

That was the worst part of the movie

Like "cult classic" means anything in 2017. That just means everyone will pirate it and it will never make any money and they won't be able to take anymore risks because pirates don't keep the movie business alive.

It was considered racist.

SJWs post threads like these to score "TEE HEE POO POO PEE PEE XD" points off 4channers. They've been doing it for years, and it doesn't actually affect anything or anyone substantial.

Good, I don't want Hollywood getting any ideas like setting up a franchise of Blade Runner movies.

It's also a """""comedy""""" with almost zero laughs.

I thought it was funny. But the lack of humor is not why people hated it, it was the supposed "racial insensitivity".

not always. there have been many exceptions to your description. Rocky horror picture show, Robocop, blade runner, Dredd more recently just to name a few. They all made a killing in dvd/blueray/vhs sales.

Anyone who is making a massive deal over Blade Runner 2049 is a moron and likely underage. The first one was a notorious box office flop despite the massive influence it's had since. Expectations would have been fairly low to begin with, added to the fact it's fairly faithful to the style of the original and the fact audiences have become "dumber" when it comes to successful movies, there was always a very little chance this was ever going to be success from a financiall point of view.

>bunch of hacks make a sequel to a "classic" film
>it bombs
Good. Fedorafests like Villenueve's deserve to lose studios money. And you're literally anti-art if you willingly paid to see this flick.

You might as well petition Nolan to make a sequel to Lawrence of Arabia, or get Inarittu to remake Apocalypse Now. Fucking abortions.

>BR2049 did better in china than america

well?

Yeah, that's why it flopped. Not the fact that it's overlong, kinda boring and a sequel no one really wanted outside of vocal but very small fanbase.

Cult classic is just that. Cult-sized. They were never going to get a budget that size back.

>from the gay part of Canada
that's called "Canada"

white male leads is such an outdated concept...

Sup Forums ON SUCIDE WATCH?

WHAT NOW YOU FUCKING PIECES OF SHIT?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

All of those were before Internet piracy existed. People had no choice but to buy the DVD if they wanted to see it.

Good. Normies don't deserve it.

They do have 1.4 billion people budboy.

It's more or less considered one of the worst movies ever made, or at least was. But it came out in 1987, did people really give a shit about racial insensitivity? Especially in a movie starring Beatty and Hoffman? I've never heard that. I've only ever heard that it was bad.

I see there is a Director's cut. Is it better?

The Crow made almost all of it's money in rentals and sales, hardly any of it was box office money.

Amerifats confirmed plebs

>comparing some dumb noir flick to a masterpiece of kino like the Crow

You need to go back.

Riddley Scott is the biggest fucking hack of all time

I'll level with you: I've never so much as heard of it before this thread, I was just making shit up.

>Villeneuve is the biggest fucking hack of all time

ftfy

Yeah. Good thing Villeneuve directed it.

Dredd came out in 2012.

>Dishonest film making not being rewarded this time around

Wtf there is still hope then.

Not comparing. The Crow was my favorite film when it came out. I have a copy of the original comic signed by J. O'Barr. I got in free at my local kinoplex opening day because I was dressed as the fucking Crow. I skipped school to go see it.

I'm not going back anywhere you go fucking back.

I like your style, user.

The only movie that I might buy 4k blu ray of

Everything is cult classic nowadays, that means shit.

>dressed as the fucking Crow

If you tried this in CURRENT YEAR, they'd assume you were another James Holmes and put a bullet in you.

Seems like he didn't like the original that much as well; but he does sorta admits BR2049 is an worthy successor of the original. It's very rare for me to disagree with him though

>Chinese
Well, gonna see a lot less blacks then.

good. BVS was better

If only all boring movies flopped this hard

>"""people""" like this are allowed on the internet without supervision

think again white boi

The Crow made 50M in 1994 dollars and spawned a sequel. What are you talking about?

Very true. I had the make-up and everything. I was fucking LEGIT. The only problem was my hands turned purple and went numb from the electrical tape I had wrapped around them and up my forearms. Not sure how that worked in the film, must have been movie magic.

It aint no thing but a chicken wing

nothing but 1-2 second ADHD cuts will appease the retards going to the movies anymore

that and the retarded non-USA markets

can't translate subtlety nor a more complex (dont do semantics, you get what i mean) film as dubbed\subtitled

capeshit will be around for another 10-20 years, because of ADHD normies and shit taste poo in the loos, chinks, brasilians, and other mindless monkeys

Your illusion as been broken Sup Forums

Ha
Ha
Ah
Ha
Ah
Ah
Ha
Ha
Ha
Aha
Ah
Hah
Ha
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Heh

But the best part was how K said fuck that and did his own thing

Nope, Villenueve is. Scott lucked his way into 2-3 actual good films. Villenueve tries as hard as possible, and has yet to make anything better than 5.5/10.

Thank fuck we won't have high budget risky low action no quips movies anymore, I'm so ready for everything to be a MCU film

I'm going to see it for the first time tomorrow. Do people who want to see something usually only watch it on the opening weekend? wtf...

What illusion? That morons and plebs (ie, the vast majority of men and ALL cunts) don't appreciate kino?

nu-blade runner is his best film and is better than even the good Scot films (he made by accident)

And arrival is better than any Scot film made in the last what 20 years?

Who keeps making these stupid fucking pics?

Deserves it for that ending;

>Chad isn't James Cameron
>Nolanshit instead

That's pretty dope. I dressed up as Sadako from Ringu one year for Halloween, but everyone thought I was meant to be Casper.

>make good sequel
>it flops
>studio cancels its plan for the blade runner WOC lead replicant resistance vs human supremacist fascists extended cinematic universe
Best timeline

This. Sorta glad that it flopped. We got 2 great films this way

Wasnt Batman V superman a sucess?

Kingdom of Heaven>>>pseudo-intelligent wank fest with aliens and linguistics. Sorry sweetie.