Who should direct the inevitable Swamp Thing reboot?

Its objectively capekino and horrorkino. The comics were graced by the two of the greatest comic writers of all time and the first film was directed by one of the greatest horror film makers of all time. Only the elite are allowed to touch Swamp Thing.

What should the tone be? What story? What characters?

>two of the greatest comic writers of all time

who's the other one?

I'm trying to think of all the people who worked on Swamp Thing and the only answer I can think of is Moore's snake

Grant Morrison and Alan Moore (and Mark Miller)

Millar, user. Not Miller.

grant was on it for what, three issues? and that was collaborating with millar

and?

Swamp Thing never had a bad run, not even in the new 52

Prove me wrong

he didn't do shit, he was a transistion writer. comparing his impact to moore's is ridiculous

it's like claiming that moore is a green lantern writer because he wrote a few short stories (that had more impact on the green lantern mythos than grant did on swamp thing).

The BKV run is not that great.

Worst but still not awful.

Get Lloyd Kaufman to do it and give him a carte blanche.

Toxic Avenger V Swamp Thing.

True. This is how I'd rank the runs I've read, and even the weaker runs still have have good stuff in them. I need to read the stuff in between Veitch and Millar, and the run that followed Diggle.

1) Moore
2) Veitch
3) Soule
4) Millar/Morrison
5) Wein
6) Diggle
7) Snyder
8) Pasko
9) BKV

Most people don't talk about Veitch. Feel up to trying to sell me on why I should read Veitch's run?

>Snyder that low
>Souless and Wein that high
Shit taste? Shit taste.

Doug Wheeler was pretty bad.

Just write Millar.
Veitch gets brought up a lot online unlike all the other pre-new 52 runs. No one talks about BKV's run even though he's one of the most popular comic writers today.
But Veitch's work is considered as (almost) good as Moore's but was cut short.

he had some good ideas but the awful pacing and crossover tie in stuff detracts a lot

i like soule's shorter stories like the whiskey tree overall more than snyder's run

Veitch is the most underrated writer of the Vertigo golden age desu

Rob zombie

I'd love to see David Cronenberg's take on the Swamp Thing.

I like the idea of merging Arcane and the Sunderland Corporation that the first film did.

Don't be so direct about it, but have Arcane pulling Sunderland's strings from the shadows. Gets him in the picture without just going "and then Swamp Thing fought a wizard".

Should also do him as more of an Alistair Crowley figure than a magician in an evil castle.

Capekino is dead as confirmed by the direction of Suicide Squad and Justice League. WB's not releasing a comic film as serious and depressing as Alan Moore's run on Swamp Thing, or anything that doesn't have quips outside of maybe Batman. Prior to that Justice League Dark could have served as a backdoor.

And all he did was kill off all of Moore's characters the absolute madman,

I found Wheeler disappointing since I'd heard what was in it and had built expectations but I wouldn't call it bad.

not bad
You forgot the guy after Wein but it's that's okay it was pretty shit

If I knew my director's I'd post on Sup Forums
Although you couldn't just do a horror guy, it needs that touch of the metaphysically fantastical that Moore introduced. We've had a pure Wein film, get all astral up in this shit.
Honestly Del Toro's probably the best. Someone like Derrickson could work, who loves Swampy as much as he loves Strange. For some reason my brain's telling me Aronofsky would be a good fit?