Wow I just realized something...if you took out Joi's scenes and Wallace's scenes, it wouldn't change the movie at all...

wow I just realized something...if you took out Joi's scenes and Wallace's scenes, it wouldn't change the movie at all. In fact it would make it better since the movie is FUCKING 2 HOURS 40 MINTUES LONG

no, you would miss best waifuggots scene ever

fuck off retard

wow I just realized something...if you took out the entire movie besides a single image of Ana's face, you will get an absolute 10/10 Kino

>went in expecting replicant stuff
>watched Her

was this kino?

Her relationship with K humanizes him which is a major if not the biggest theme of both movies.

The story between Joi and K makes the whole last third of the movie work

Joi and K's dynamic is the first 2/3 of Her, promising to go in a different more dystopian way, but then it's cut out entirely.

Wallace is even worse, because his motives are not as at odds with those of the replicant "rebels" as the moderates and pro-regulation people, of which the police chief is the only one we see. Both he and the one-eyed replicant want replicants to supplant if not replace outright humans. They could comment on the fact that there's no "good guys" for the human race (and thereby the prospects of avoiding human-replicant war), but instead they run out of time to the point where Wallace stops being relevant after a rogue model of a series that shouldn't be capable of going rogue assassinates his top lieutenant and (supposedly) his primary lead on the replicant child. 15 minutes after the credits roll, the replicant underground should roll up to the bubble environment and separate Deckard and his daughter, and 10 minutes after that the Wallace corporation and Blade Runners should show up to retire/arrest all of them. This movie's plot is only 1/3 resolved, and it's not even ambiguously positive or pregnant with possibilities like that of the first movie. It's very limited logically in what can happen after the ending scene, unless we go full brainlet and think they all live happily ever after.

not really, both are terrible actors and both are 1 demensional characters. Nobody felt sad when that psychotic woman crushed Joi

>Nobody felt sad when that psychotic woman crushed Joi
Says you

Imagine being this much of a mentally challenged brainlet.

>Joi, K, Luv
>hiJKLmno
Wait a minute.

>wow I just realized something...if you took out OP, it wouldn't change the world at all. In fact it would make it better since the government wouldn't have to spend money on his neetbux

The length of the movie is what kept me from going to the theater and seeing it. I'm sick of all these bloated films that have no substance to back up their run time. It's impossible to find a movie under two hours at the theater these days.

The Joi scenes were the best parts.

too soon user

But none of them are legit 3 hours long still

>them boots
I want her to step on my balls with them

Actually this has a lot of subtile substance unless you consider overlong action scenes substance of course.

Brainlet detected

Joi

Jack
Off
Instructions

>Nobody felt sad when that psychotic woman crushed Joi
speak for yourself. i heard audible gasps and saw heads shake in anger

t.ididntunderstandthemovie

This, /thread. OP is a faggot

Take out her story.

>Wow K was pointless, no character development, i didn't feel anything when he died.

Wasn't the point of Joi that she ultimately WAS a shallow and programmed love interest? I thought that was the entire realization of K in the final act. He sees the giant projection of Joi and she calls him an honest Joe, and he realizes that Joi was just a programmed lover and what he had wasn't real at all. And the only thing left for him to do to become "human" was to die for the cause.

I'll just leave this here...

>doesn't like superior 2D waifus
nigger do you know where you are?

I made a comment about this in my head. Imagine when all the normalfags Google joi

>being this much of a pleb

And that's literally some of the only things going for this movie. The rest was a rushed hackjob.

How do I come through the other side ?

You don't get it. All of those ideologues were just there for K to reject in favour of his own sense of self. The point is that he decides to deny the meta politics of it all - the harsh, impersonal world that sees him as a soulless machine and the girl he loves as a expendable commodity - in favour of just helping a dad see his kid. That's it. The movie isn't actually about those groups. It's about K's reaction to them.

Take out Joi the best part of the movie surely you jest?

kys

thats literally the whole point of the movie,everyone thinks they're special, but really none of us are

I legitimately did not feel the runtime at all. Why are people so autistic?

3 hour movies are the best movies.

Fucking pleb.

>FUCKING 2 HOURS 40 MINTUES LONG
Avengers was 2:30....gotg 2 was 2:20

who gives a fucking shit

She wasn't real but she felt real. He wasn't real but he felt real. I thought the whole film was about who is and isn't real and the thin dividing line between being treated as worth something or not

And I'm sobbing again
Did no one else have this reaction? Endless crying jags

The whole point of the movie is realizing that you can get independence and autonomy despite being one among many and social conditioning and shit like that (which translated to BR's world is being a replicant).

When you put it like that not only do you sound like an edgelord, but you also undermine the whole point of the movie.

>my bool
your what?

if anything I wanted more scenes to develop Wallace and Luv. I feel Luv should have been more fleshed out as too much is open to interpretation now

The only thing I didn't get was when he introduced Deckard to his daughter. Like wouldn't that get her killed because Wallace obviously would be made aware of the contact since surveillance is easily automated. Or did Wallace die off screen/world?

You're so fucking stupid

Joi made him feel like he was almost human.

I didn't feel sad immediately, but when it cut to the dog, probably the thing that kept Deckard sane all those years, it fucking killed me.

The whole Blade Runner universe isn't very well thought out.

the best thing to do would be to take out everything but the baseline test scenes since they are the only good ones
everything else was generic trash

Well Luv was still autistic until the end, so Wallace must have not been in one of the other ships and Deckard couldn't take his daughter out of the bubble due to her auto immune disease resulting from her being a replicant/human abomination.

This. When K took his gun from the Replicant terrorists, I felt like they were gonna make him go jihad.

I was like "naw dude, do it for yourself."

For somereason I didn't get who was the daughter till the beginging of the Tears in Rain Scene, but then they were standing outside in the Snow and it all hit me at once.

your booleans sir

Well, she might not even had an immune disease. Just cover to keep her hidden although she was producing memories for Wallace which is dangerously close. But then again the "hide her right under the bad guys nose" trope really gives normies boners.

>not understanding that it is about the authenticity of experience and as relevant to the internal struggle of K as the wooden horse
Absolute fucking pleb.

>surveillance
Apparently doesn’t exist in the Blade Runner universe because that one bitch could waltz into the LAPD unnoticed twice.

I'm sorry you got confused and thought you got a ticket for the latest capeshit, normie.

you do realize that one corporation basically runs the entire world?

Except the LAPD huh?

It was a continuation of the Blade Runner universe, which was thought out in the 80s.

Just because mass surveillance is a problem in our reality, it doesn't mean the same rules apply in the movie universe. Like Luv doesn't know what Joi and K talk about

>Jerk
>Off
>Instructions
Coincidence?

why doesn't K just buy a pupper?

Because he's sleeping on some steps.

Because the only dog he could afford would be just as fake as him.

Why did K bring Deckard to see his daughter at the end? It took the cops like a half hour to show up last time. Doesn't this just guarantee that Deckard and his daughter will get killed or caught and dissected? Why didn't the LAPD try to figure out why K went there last time? K saved Deckard before he was forced to say anything, so why didn't he just take Deckard to go meet up with the resistance replicants? Why did all of the resistance replicants need to meet K? Why were they hanging out in the shadows until they could walk out "all cool like"? Why was it more efficient to have replicants reproduce instead of just having replicants manufacture other replicants? Why did anyone think even for a second that K could be Deckard's son? Don't you think the LAPD would have checked where K came from? If the resistance knew that Deckard was captured, why didn't they have a hiding place to go to that he didn't know about so they were safe even if he did talk? Wasn't that the whole point of him going into exile? So he wouldn't know anything? Why did they reveal that K isn't Deckard's son before the fight near the sea wall? Any of those characters could have died in that scene and it wouldn't have mattered. It made it so boring to watch.

No it's not. It was intentional.

>WAAAAH WHY CAN'T MOVIES ALL BE 90 MINUTES

Get fucked, pathetic cuck.

>cut out all the emotional scenes so neckbeard can have his generic bang bang shoot em up action flick

>Blade Runner 2049
>emotional

>you will never be this retarded :(

kek

Howabout they just cut out all the unnecessary flashbacks to earlier in the movie they used to hand-hold the audience?

this

Considering some of the shit I'm seeing on here like You braindead retards needed that shit

Please answer all of these questions, since you seem to be so smart.

honestly movie needed to be shorter but also needed more explaining

lot of average viewers got confused and they felt bad about it

it's never made explicit that Wallace is watching everything

He's never made out to have omniscience, Luv is able to follow K but that's only because they have an interest in him and what he's doing, not because Wallace has a personal mass surveillance system

The average viewer is an ADHD riddled simpleton who can't pay attention to a movie unless it's less than 2 hours and/or non-stop action and quips

Without Joi to bounce off of we don't see 90% of K's arc, it would all be internal. Without Wallace there's no Luv and no antagonist at all once the cops are told the child is dead.

the average iq is only 100. that's pretty dumb. For a movie to cater to the average person means it needs to be a dumb movie

people get caught up in the dumbest shit, it didn't need anymore exposition
it was about K's arc that was the focus on the movie that was complete.

the girl in the bubble making memories was special.

She's different, but she's not special. The replicants see her as their magic ticket out poverty and slavery, but that's not how the world works. The world will keep them as they are, and as Wallace explained they will just use the new technology to make more of them faster. At best she'll spark a long bloody war for their freedom, and I bet she's not going to feel very special after a few years of that.

JOI was a babe tho, I agree there was too much Wallace though