Thunderbird Thread

How has no one talked about this?
youtube.com/watch?v=K1vMaYlptNg

Discus the shows, hopes for S2,
opinions and enjoy yourselves.

Look at these sexy designs, just as good as the original, except T5 which looks way better.

Forgot the newcomer Thunderbird Shadow.

And the fab 1.

>International Rescue
amateurs

what was that?

Spectrum failed several times.

Hope for more John and EOS. Cute to see him interact with his AI Daughter.

Loved the idea of her too, I'm kind of expecting an episode based around the Hood attempting to corrupt her or steal her for his own use.

>EOS and John's GF are forced to team up to save John episode never

I could see failing but in actuality it turning out he just wanted the specs to build his own.

Which is later found and turned good because it didn't know what it was doing was evil.

Brains builds her a body and she becomes a support for one of the other Thunderbirds.

Thunderbird One could use a new gimmick, because right now it's pretty boring.

EMP Missiles? I know the original had a machine gun and Missile launcher, maybe the nose cone could do something?

It always was really, even in the original all it really did was get Scott there really fast so he could sit at a desk and manage the rescue. Now that's John's job. So all it does is travel fast.

Be some additional medic assistant as all Thunderbird one does is "get there first, but still have to wait a bit for others."

Have it be actual first response. Thinking of BT now that I've been watching some Titanfall 2 LPs.

Expandable Mech Suit for quick removal of rubble and such and not have to sit around and wait for Thunderbird 2

At least Thunderbird 3 is more interesting now.
Watching it in the original was SO BORING. And I get it, limitations on how to shoot 3D practical space maneuvers but still, it never looked like any action with it was happening. I love what T3 is now capable of and the new stuff it can do.

I always sort of liked 3 but that's probably because the Sun probe is one of my favourite episodes.

I think 5 is the most improved it actually looks fun to live in now. Rather than a prison Jeff crated for his least favourite son.

I would love to live in T5, it looks so beautiful and so much better then the original. And it can finally move*, something I don't this the first one ever did.

*move is in actively respond to a rescue request, not just orbit the Earth.

Nah the original was just sort of stationary and purposeless, though I guess he had more room up there at least. I remember he had a wood paneled bedroom in one episode.

What pods do you all prefer? The original pods with distinct vehicles or the new ones with multipurpose bodies that integrate with attachments? For me I miss the old pod equipment, mainly for the distinctive looks they all had.

This is the best picture I could find of the original pod vehicles.

And for comparison here is the base of the new pods.

Can't wait til Saturday's ep, where they're finishing up "hood in prison" arc.
even though Mechanic is clearly superior

Why is a lack of hair a defining feature of the villains?

Hood originally had the bald head for easier disguises, Mechanic is doing it for the punk aesthetic.

They are both equal, even though the fact the base pods only seat two are a downgrade IMO

Do you think a Thunderbird based on a pod would work?

The Mole becoming a full on Thunderbird? Deffo.

I kind of meant a multi-purpose body with multiple attachments to act as support in nearly any environment, but The Mole being a proper underground drilling Thunderbird is appealing.

eh, feels a bit too OP.