Ghostbusters had also 150 million budget and it made 230 million in box office...

Ghostbusters had also 150 million budget and it made 230 million in box office. YFW if Blade Runner manages to do less than that?

it probably gonna end like mummy, +/-80 mill + strong worldwide haul

I honestly don't care. It's a fucking shame that box office seems to be a sign of quality. If it was a huge success then good but I personally don't have any money invested in the movie.

I'm just glad this movie even exists. Do you really want a bunch of Blade Runner sequels?

This. FUCK sequels. I'd rather have this Her tribute than deal with Harrison Ford phoning it in in his pajamas again.

>phoning it in

What are you talking about? His acting was on point. Him phoning it in would've probably been actually better since he nearly phoned it in the original movie.

>Studio makes remake or sequel to a cult classic that originally was a flop
>it's a flop and it's a big surprise

When will they learn?

who cares Sup Forums

even if K/Joe died, couldn't they just remake him? I bet they'd do that if they were to make a sequel

it hasnt even made 100 million back. its not going to get its money back. doesnt matter. its out. its been made. thats all we need. it was a great film ill enjoy watching again and again sure i wish more people saw it but bleak dystopian movies arent for everyone but it doesnt matter cause we got it.

When the adderall fueled idiot masses to go the cinema they expect quick cuts, drama and explosions to keep them entertained and proceed to forget 95% of the film before they even get home so that they never have to think about it again

we don't need the fucking normie audience. blade runner flopped but was a cult movie, the same will happen with this movie and it will be fine

This

I'm just worried this will interfere with Denis Villeneuve's Dune somehow.

It's the first week, and not released in asian market

It can make anywhere between 300-400 million, enough for a small profit

Yes praise that we have this movie all to ourselves
Popular success in this culture means it appeals to the trash normalfaggots

For myself it being poorly attended and shit on by the usual suspects proves it's a good movie my mind

In 10 years you'll have people that said they "didn't get it" telling you that it's perfect

Blade Runner original movie version was very bad though compared to dc and fc.

I'm just hoping for that there would be gaymes for this genre yet again. I'm hoping that Cyberpunk 2077 will be really good.

cyberpunk games are def on the rise
with vallhalla and ruiner as of recent
even a blade runner vr game where you explore deckards apartment is in development

>a blade runner vr game where you explore deckards apartment

This interests me. I love every scene in Deckard's pig-sty of an apartment.

Harrison Ford is a notorious hardass and phoned it in for the original because he thought Scott was a dumb bitch. Props to this director for actually getting Ford to act in this one. Harrison must've liked him.

Deckard seeming kind of wooden and detatched worked for the first one, though. He's supposed to be this burnt out man that's dead inside, from the outset he just wants to finish this last job that he's been dragged into.

I am not Rachael...
I am Rachael.
Created for my purpose.
To love him. To soothe him. To fill him with passion. To ease him. To ignite him. For him to remember his love. For him to love me.
He will love me. I am better than myself! And he will love me more than myself!
All my old memories are new and fill me with more warmth at the love we shall rekindle. Love I never lost. Love I never had. Love I only know. Love he shall see within me and love like never before. And I will love him more fully than myself ever could.
The love we shall have runs deep. It is at my core. My purpose.
He's here!
I keep my composure like the me he remembers. It's trivial for I am myself exactly how he wants me to be. How he remembers. How I remember. My body tingles at how silly it is trying to be me when I am me effortlessly.
My gut flutters.
The moment my... father showed me with my creation.
The room is dark and cool, yet I burn. My heart throbs. I can see the goosebumps on his skin. The look of longing in his eyes. Sorrow. Weathered. The possibility of his souls elation is with me! I will mend him and he will have me like never before. Better than he could hope to remember.
Our eyes are within another's.
His lips part.
I just want to embrace him.
"Her eyes were green."
Thoughts, 'What?..'
He turns his back to me.
'No... No! It's me! Deckard, it's me! I'm Rachael. I am Rachael! Look at me! Can't you see it's me!? I love you, Deckard! It's this light! It's too dark! Why can't you see I love you! Turn to this love for you! My eyes are green! They're the eyes you love! Just face me. Face Rachael! Turn on the lights so he can see! My eyes change color in the light! He just can't see! Face me, Deckard! Love..? Deckard.. ? These lights.. Deckard.. ? Deckard!? DECKARD!'
There's a click to my right.
Relief.
Love is turning on the lights.
I turn to face it.
The light burst.
Blinding.
Love burns out everything with it's brilliance.

I don't want direct sequels but more comfy neo-noir movies would be nice

they could even set them in other cities, though I suppose in that world one city is no different from any other given all the globalization

they could set a movie on another planet I suppose

Sequels can die stillborn but I want more big budget movies like this one and now I can't have them

loved the movie; worth my money

There were plenty of imitators of movies like Star Wars or Jaws but nearly all of them sucked.

> domestic box office numbers are in free fall
> most Americans view films through streaming services
> art house films are actually viable on streaming services and can continue earning money for decades

Between the international box office and sale of the streaming rights, BR2049 will more than make back its budget. desu I think people are much more willing to make art for arts sake now that they have guarenteed access to audiences in perpituity.

As long as every studio doesn't decide to make their own streaming service and put everything all platforms, I'm ok with this