AvX

How can anyone side with anybody but Phoenix Scott on this one? They literally did nothing wrong.

bump

He welded the san andreas fault, the man is an idiot.

Superpowered beings fixing everything on the planet never ends well.

I checked out on a lot of Marvel stuff after this so I don't even know if Tony ever acknowledged that it was his fault the phoenix even got merged with Scott and co. or if Steve acknowledged that things probably wouldn't have got as bad as they did if he didn't show with a whole squad of Avengers.

What pisses me off the most is what happened after though. Scott's revolution amounted to almost nothing and all the shit Legion did in his book went completely ignored

Forcing people to turn into mutants is a terrible thing.

If you are fan of planetary dictatorship Injustice style, i guess there is no problem.

I'm no mugga sympathizer, but I'd probably do the same thing if I could and my race was dying out because of one chick who is also an Avenger

This too. Scott is a race supremacist. He was far more likable when he was the idealist boy scout. At least he had his own personality, and he wasn't just a less extreme version of Magneto.

It's not like he wanted that, he'd just prefer to reactivate the X-gene of whoever had it when No More Mutants happened instead of giving random people the x-gene but Phoenix works in mysterious ways.

Tony actually knew what he was doing the whole time since he got notes on everything from his future self.
An interview with Gillen pointed out that if either side had gotten their way at the start then the Phoenix would have destroyed everything. Everyone surviving was basically dumb luck (barring Tony's crib notes.)

The Avengers mostly keep quiet about everything since the MU citizens somehow didn't figure out that Cyclops was the one that was burning the planet and whatnot so they don't want to trigger mass genocide against mutants from the MU citizens via telling them the truth.
Emma uses this to pin whatever she feels like on the Avengers since any truthful response they say would cause genocide.

He's still an idealist. The problem is that he's doing all of this stuff while still being an idealist even when you'd think he's being cynical.

EG. Madrox went to the future and when he came back he warned that Hope was basically mutant hitler and everything he espouses will be cynically used to oppress mutantkind. He ignores this warning completely because he truly believes everything will work out in the end. He still shows no second doubts of this in AVsX even when Hope is clearly a slave owning sociopath by then.
That's the important/main distinction between him and Magneto right now. Magneto is a cynic while Scott is an optimist.

The X-men in general are race supremacists nowadays although Emma's the most blatant of the group.

He is not idealist anymore. He is realist with cold calculating personality. He uses death squads to achieve his goals. In real life Scott would be called terrorist.

>>Event starts
>>Avengers are introduced saving a crashing plane
>>X-Men are introduced with their leader kicking a teenage girl in the stomach.

Gee, I wonder who they wanted us to root for.

Every X-men has a death squad, hell even Wolverine had a death squad despite supposedly having the moral high ground in Schism.

That was Hope.

Newp. Still an idealist. He thinks that all of his stupid ideas will turn out right in the end instead of realizing that he's giving people legitimate reasons to fear and/or hate mutants when bigots were formerly looked upon as deranged lunatics by most* of the populace.
I'm fairly sure terrorist is a mild word for the crap he's been pulling for the last decade or so.

* Mutant hating transitioned from majority (immediately starts lynch mobs (Iceman, Beast)) to minority"They're still people, what the hell is wrong with you?"(God Loves Man Kills), and then has circled back to a somewhat majority.(2005~+) An interesting side effect of this is that mutants secured their civil rights on paper but commonly forgo these exercising rights as remembering they exist would go against the new narrative of an anti-mutant majority and establishment becoming more prominent.

Their isn't a single truthful sentence in this post.

We know it's you Emma.

Cyclops wasn't a less extreme magneto,he was winning that's all that counts

You know, I actually thought he'd just re-activated the X-Gene at first. But when I realized he'd actually MUTATED people, that was rather more fucked-up than I expected.

I do think Scott got the best Phoenix Five outfit. It's a bit of a shame he didn't just shuck the visor, since I assume he now had full control of his powers.

An interesting question was, would shit have gone bad if the Avengers had left the Phoenix Five alone? They seemed to be holding it together pretty well at first. They only really got unstable as the power got split amongst less and less of them.

(To be fair, the five were not optimal choices. Optimal choices would be Colossus, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Kitty and Beast.)

>But when I realized he'd actually MUTATED people
He didn't, Hope and Scarlet Witch did.

>Kitty and Beast.
No, those two would be too unstable and abuse their powers.

What if those people like not being mutants?

Those are just indoctrinated to be self loathing because of how rooted mutant discrimination is in society.

Wolverine is a fucking plot device.

Technically he didn't do so. Hope and Scarlet Witch did so. He was just totally for it, happy to take the credit, and considered his burning down of half the planet to be a fair trade for it.
I do believe that Emma Frost was going around mindraping of their capacity to do violence which includes self defense before Namor was taken down. There was also a rarely known/noticed/remembered infinite comic where Cyclops manifested a copy of Jean Grey from moondust that outright told him he and everyone else could not control it. Whether it's him talking to himself or an actual physical manifestation the end fact is that the warning signs were there before anyone started screwing around with em.
I blame Marvel's shoddy internal communication and planning for it being hard to notice.

Emma is fine but giving it to magik is the worst X-Man to give it to. What is the pheonix power going to do with limbo? Give it to Storm and you have best team

Year One of that comic, Supes was actually doing a pretty solid job except Batman had to keep fucking with him

I am more than a little disgusted by the fact that you guys forgot Rachel.

but having a cloud turning people to inhumans, killing mutants and (maybe) humans, is good?

I just don't care about her enough.