Hold up. How do they know how to sing? I thought music didn't exist on homeworld...

Hold up. How do they know how to sing? I thought music didn't exist on homeworld. If it does why didn't Peridot know what it was?

Peridot is a being of pure logic and reason, Pearls are made to be pretty and sing on demand.
Gems aren't supposed to know anything outside of what they are made fore.

Because Peridot is a literal autist.

She only worked in tech divisons. Fun and self enjoyment was almost unheard of for her. Also, YD pearl best gurl.

Peridot probably was never taught to sing and was never exposed to it.

Dorito was trained wrong

as a joke

this picture gets me hard as diamonds

I made that joke first faggot

yeah sure totally beleif u

Because Peridot's purpose was to be an engineer.

She was never exposed to Gem nobility. Gem 'culture', as in philosophy and art and entertainment, seems like it's restricted to a tiny percentage of Gems that are at the very top of their hierarchy.

I'm not an aristocrat myself, but I'm still aware of what a yacht is or fancy foods.

That's how human culture differs from gen culture.

Because you're not an alien drone purpose-built for doing one thing.

Gem society differs from ours in that people are made to perform a certain task, and they are not introduced to any concepts that do not pertain to that task. Peridot likely didn't interact with any Gems other than her supervisor, probably an Agate of some kind, and other Peridots. If Peridots never see the courts of the Diamonds, or never hang out with high-ranking Gems, there's going to be no real transmission of culture.

There's nothing stopping you from sitting down in a park bench next to someone of totally separate social standing. Gem society isn't like that.

Not even an engineer, just a lowly technician.

Because humanity is collectively more fluid than the gems by an order of about 1 billion. This is a recurring point of contrast.

You might know what a yacht is if maintaining it was part of your duties, the only part of how you knew to live and your only purpose in life.

You, a techie, wouldn't know what music is if your leader only engaged in song while in the presence of her hierarchical peers and their personal servants.

>How do they know how to sing?
From what I heard, they DON'T know how to sing.

Because it's a fucking cartoon goddamn you fucking autists

Jasper knew what singing was though.

It's not a cartoon. It's SJW propaganda.

Music is kept for the Diamonds and their pearls.

The diamonds can literally turn singing into a WMD

>le SJWs
Back to Sup Forums with you

>faggot universe

>>How do they know how to sing?

They clearly don't, that was mating calls

And back to Tumblr for you.

Look at that awesome dog, fucking badass with his little hat.

See etc
now go AA aa AA
AA aa AA
AA aa AA aa AA aa AA

K

Girls with different body types automatic that make it a sjw cartoon

Peridot was too poor for music.

how about you both leave, and let the big dawgs play

We all know the real reason is that Rebecca would not in a million years pass up the chance to have Patti lupone sing in her show

the diamonds know more about earth than anyone else? and their pearls know by default by always being with them?
its figurative and no ones really singing?
fuck peridot?

take your pick

There is fifteen threads already, sixteen if you want to count the Sugar thread.

>Peridot's are built for working
>Rearls are built for company
it checks, I bet neither of those pearls knows some of the stuff Peri knows even exists.

>t. A retarded teenager

> eight > hourglass > pear > martini > square > apple
this is the only way

From what I heard, you're a faggot.

I wonder what Lupone thinks of the show.

Peridot did know what music was, when she "discovered" art she called it "music, but with things".

This whole thread is thus pointless.

Yeah... which was AFTER Steven had taught her about singing, Christ user pay attention.

>its figurative and no ones really singing?
YD does tell the Pearls to sing, it's probably not figurative.

That depends user, that depends.

HURR DURR YELLOW BITCH IS MEAN

It's probably a luxury reserved for diamonds.

I wonder if any lower class gem who gets caught singing gets served so bad they refrain from doing it ever again out of fear of further embarrassment.

If you've got an ass I'll kick it

Nah, apple and square should be swapped, because at least apple has boobs.

Well, I'm not a musician, and yet, I know what music is. I guess I'm some sorta retcon, eh?

Before that Steven had to teach her what music is and she thought of it more like a 'hypothetical pattern" more than an art form. It goes along with the idea that gems are naturally gifted with music since she was able to understand pitch and putting a musical pattern together, but she saw it as basically math, and had very clearly never heard about it before.

Probably this, seems like higher up aristocratic gems know about singing, and Pearls themselves are basically servants + songbirds, but lower level gems are probably never told about music unless they just overhear it from some Pearl or high class gem, but it doesn't seem like general knowledge. Makes sense that Peridot, being a tech/science minded gem, may never have come across music before.

Sooo miniature square ??

Jasper has held a command position for a long ass time and probably had been around the higher ups enough to know what it is.

the real question is why did YD get so much bigger?

Classism

Size doesn't mean anything on SU.

Dude, in that very bomb we had over a minute to make it clear that gems can change their size relativly easy.
And now imagine that a room that is specifically for the Diamonds works to make them even more bigger=intimidating

>Dude, in that very bomb we had over a minute to make it clear that gems can change their size relativly easy.
But we all know that has nothing to do with why characters change so much scene to scene.

Off-topic, but related: can we make a general yet, or will they be purged?

Why does Steven cry whenever BD does? It just seems really contrived.

Because Steven is an empath, and Blue Diamond is a large and powerful being who was feeling really emotional.

>confusing royalty with maintenance staff

this

the diamonds seem to almost be representing specific major emotions, so of course an empath is going to cry around her

both scenes take place in a room that is specifically for the Diamonds. YD was sitting in her control chair. If anything the bubble room is less designed for Diamonds than her control room.