There are "people" in this board RIGHT NOW who hasn't seen the movie of the century so far

>there are "people" in this board RIGHT NOW who hasn't seen the movie of the century so far

you truly don't deserve kino

First movie I actually went to see in theaters since the Matrix, best film of the last decade at least

Haven't seen anything in a theatre in years. Should I try to see it?

>best film of the last decade at least
Watch more films.

why do you post here if you hate movies?

watching too many garbages can dull your IQ

This film gives you a great buzz for a few days

I wanna see it again in IMAX so bad but I'm broke RIP.

My IMAX is fully booked up for the next week or so

Plz don't tell me this movie is gonna miss out on Oscars because Sarkeesian wrote about how sexist and racist it is.

movie of the millennium*

>tfw the guy at work I usually shoot the shit about movies too said BR2049 was "racist and sexist" and therefore shit

Those faggots are always ruining the fun of others just because they can't get any, and it stopped being cute a long time ago.

yeah go try if you can make it to the cinema and back alive

Just saw it tonight. Fantastic.

How did K know bubble girl was the child? That part was lost on me.

retire him

PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW IT IS RACIST AND SEXIST!?!?! What did this dumbfuck say?

You are correct

Go see it RIGHT NOW

Did you reply "I don't need art to support all my political beliefs to enjoy it. My beliefs aren't that fragile."
Because it's the best film in recent times.
Being racist, sexist, xenophobic, ageist and homophobic wouldn't change that.

She knew about his memory which wasn't his so she created it because she lived it because she was Rachel's kid

It was going to miss out anyway, not that normie-friendly and I don't know if even the Drive crowd were that interested.

Maybe, maaaybe Deakins will finally get his Oscar after 13 fucking nominations. But I wouldn't expect many other nominations, and certainly not any wins.

But I already saw it six years ago.

>Why do you say that?
>Oh I heard someone else say that
Guarantee you that will be his response (or something close to it).

It's not even the best movie of the year

>this movie is gonna miss out on Oscars
who gives a shit, the winner is usually garbage anyway.

Why did K bring Deckard to see his daughter at the end? It took the cops like a half hour to show up last time. Doesn't this just guarantee that Deckard and his daughter will get killed or caught and dissected? Why didn't the LAPD try to figure out why K went there last time? K saved Deckard before he was forced to say anything, so why didn't he just take Deckard to go meet up with the resistance replicants? Why did all of the resistance replicants need to meet K? Why were they hanging out in the shadows until they could walk out "all cool like"? Why was it more efficient to have replicants reproduce instead of just having replicants manufacture other replicants? Why did anyone think even for a second that K could be Deckard's son? Don't you think the LAPD would have checked where K came from? If the resistance knew that Deckard was captured, why didn't they have a hiding place to go to that he didn't know about so they were safe even if he did talk? Wasn't that the whole point of him going into exile? So he wouldn't know anything? Why did they reveal that K isn't Deckard's son before the fight near the sea wall? Any of those characters could have died in that scene and it wouldn't have mattered. It made it so boring to watch.

stop it with this pasta

Arrival got nominated for Best Picture. Villanueve and Scott and Deakins and Gosling are all highly respected in the industry. I'm not getting my hopes up by any means but it's still a possibility.

I really enjoyed this film. In fact I might not be a cheap ass for once and actually help the studio by buying the disc

Why not post it in every simultaneous blade runner thread?

It was good but it wasn't ground breaking or anything

unironically watched just for the 3 sentences of Finnish

Has anyone seen it twice? Is it just as good? Did it ruin anything? I'm afraid my first impressions would be ruined with a second viewing.

Where was that?

This movie is gonna get nominated for a lot, not sure about wins though since a lot of Oscar bait movies come out right before the ceremonies
>For sure
Best Visual effects
Best Cinematography
Best Director
Best Picture
Best Sound design
Best Supporting Actress (Sylvia Hoeks)
>Maybe
Best Actor (Gosling)
Best Soundtrack
Best Original Screenplay
Best Costume Design

there is such a huge drought in quality hollywood filmmaking, especially in the science fiction/action genres, that people are completely floored by stuff like BR2049, which is very good but not great

I don't want to make a fool if myself going alone to the cinema so I'll wait for the bluray torrents. Cheers

The "regressive male fantasy" of joi and something about no blacks

I just said "it's a dystopia with child labor in it" and shrugged

It was so damn good. I saw it with a good crowd too. Everyone was silent through it all except for some girls gasping during the violent bits (Like Luv crushing the glass in Police Chiefs hand)

the part in the bar theres a Lady in the back who says "i have pain its extreme" 3 times in finnish

2049 is one of those films that absolutely must be watched more than once. Picked up on so many little details that I was actually surprised.

Nigga this movie is meant to be seen alone. I'm not shitting you it makes for the best experience

>Nigga this movie is meant to be seen alone.
for you

>wanting a textbook definition of love is sexist
>you have to abide by MY definition of love
This is why feminist need to be put to the cross.

It's sexist and racist just give it up

I didn't read past your first question because not knowing the answer to the first question means you are an idiot.

Your first question is the entire point of K. Once you answer the question, you understand him.

Why did K bring Deckard to see his daughter in a way that guaranteed they'd both be killed when he could have just as easily gotten them to meet in a way that ensured they'd both live?

I feel as though every bit of society and women are making me a misogynist on purpose.

I don't wnat to hate them but I feel as though
it's the only logical thing to do.

>tfw engaged to a qt pie who laughs at batshit feminists with me

i dont trust Sup Forums's judgement when you said the thing and trick r treat are good movies. fuck off you autist

I wanna take my parents to see it.
Even though they don't understand anything about film, they usually like the ones I consider pretty highbrow.

Token sound design or costume...

> something about no blacks

Lel wut? There are at least two I can name off the top of my head - the child "orphanage" guy and the replicant autopsy guy.

I seriously hate this fucking meme that a film is racist if there isn't at least one black main character. It's fucking retarded.

>only notable black with screentime is an exploiter of children

EVEN WORSE THAN NO BLACKS

is it on Kodi yet?

where are you getting the idea that bringing Deckard to see his daughter there would put them in more danger than in any other location? what are you basing this assumption on? reminder that Luv, who was tasked with detaining Deckard and finding his and Rachael's child, is now fish food.

>Luv is dead
>Wallace immediately stops caring about Deckard and does nothing to look for him
Oh shit you're right

bump

he can't
anything more is pretentious

Not even the best sci fi in 10 years

how is this movie in any way sexist or racist? I'm honestly baffled how anyone could argue that with a straight face.

never said Wallace wouldn't regroup and continue the search. but K's actions have bought them a window of time. obviously they can't hang out and watch home movies. they'll hit the road and go into hiding. how can you not get this? it's pretty basic movie watching 101 which doesn't need to be spelled out by the film.

Which ones better? Genuinely want to know.

It's not about there being no black people in the movie, but rather that none of the main characters are, given how heavily the Blade Runner franchise borrows from slave narratives and the underground railroad.

The main argument that I have heard is that movies like Blade Runner mine the trauma of PoC experience and repackage it with a white male protagonist. The upsetting aspect of it is that these movies seem to not be able to elicit an emotional response from viewers unless the protagonist is white and male. Basically, when an oppression narrative happens to a black person, mainstream audiences tune out, but when you take a black story and give it to Ryan Gosling, it does well at the box office (ironically, Blade Runner did not).

To be fair, there are many references to chattel slavery and black oppression in both this sequel and the original movie. "Skin Job" is set up as the n-word of the future, and it is taken a step further in this movie, where "skinner" is written on K's door. Thematically, there are many similarities between these movies and slave narratives, such as: the subject of passing, either as human or as white, institutionalized slavery and racism, etc.

Now, I do wonder how audiences would react if a black actor were given the role instead of Ryan Gosling, how people would have reacted, but I'm also not sure that it is such a big deal to give the role to Gosling. I kind of suspect that it's alright to let some movies be super white, especially if it helps an audience grasp with complex themes that they otherwise wouldn't ever think about. I also think that in a vacuum where historical referents don't exist, Gosling fit the role super well.

I'm also very interested in exploring the anxieties of early 80s America. Blade Runner very much grapples with what the city and urban spaces are in the postmodern era, with the rise of multiculturalism and other anxieties felt at the time that we still experience to this day. cont

Continued.

It seems pretty clear that the first movie directly engaged with different forms of xenophobia. During the height of love for east-asian tech products, we see an LA where English may not be the primary language, where Asian culture has permeated and possibly superseded American culture on the west coast, or at least, the two cultures have blended in ways that make traditional Americans outsiders in this future world. While the anxieties expressed by this future LA may in some ways be racist or xenophobic, it seems completely valid and even good to explore them in film.

I definitely think it's worthwhile to see movies that explore how white people view oppression, especially when the tables are turned, but I also think it would be cool to see other dystopian futures too. I'm watching the short anime that accompanies the new Blade Runner, and it seems to address many of the issues that critics have with the main films: it features a Black man as the protagonist, and it more directly conjures images of slavery, such as lynchings at the beginning. While some may complain that only the 15 minute short anime gets a black lead, I think this short at least shows that the world of Blade Runner is vibrant and can in the future tell other, more varied stories.

Anyway, I think it's totally fair game to talk about the reasons why stories that borrow heavily from black stories of oppression turn white when they get large-scale Hollywood production treatments, I don't think that it makes sense to attack the film itself as being racist, an argument that I have seen in the blogosphere. These arguments always seem to loose any nuance by the time they get to blogs and clickbait articles, but I guess that goes without saying.

Jesus fuckin christ. It was GOOD. It is nowhere near the greatest movie of the century. It isn't even the best movie of 2017. The praise is getting a little too extreme

I know that feel user.

You gave money to this guy. How do you feel about funding anti-white propaganda, goy?

It's definitely the best movie of 2017

gib mommy gf

Don't worry
Children of videogames like OP jump from flavor of the month flick to flavor of the month flick all the time

Come December they'll be spouting that Phantom Thread by PTA is GOAT and "MUH BASED DDL KIENO"

Good read user. I don't think it detracts from the movie at all but I definitely understand this viewpoint. The notion a movie is racist for not having black or minority leads is crazy to me, same as the idea of a GitS movie not having an Asian female lead. Ironically the live action GitS tackled the idea of race and identity in an interesting angle it was just executed fucking terribly and about the worst way possible with marketing. In the hands of a far more competent screenwriter the implications of racial identity could have been a very interesting topic to tackle in scifi.

That said though I don't think it's a big deal for 2049. It's crazy to suggest that all movies must fulfill a diversity quota, and even then by all measure 2049 certainly fulfilled it gracefully with all the strong and well written, complex female characters. The blogosphere shitposting is fucking annoying.

I just saw the first movie but I was kind of disappointed honestly. Keep in mind I only saw the final cut, I don't know if there's another better version.

Why does Deckard act like a macho cop and then turn into a complete pussy whenever a fight starts? He's moaning and doing that weird gasping thing with his mouth or closing his eyes, it's awful to look at.

That "enhance" scene was total garbage. I thought it was a parody of TV forensics shows, did they even have those in the 80s?

I actually liked the Deckard and Rachel relationship more than I thought but it was underdeveloped.

I don't know who Gaff is. Why does he matter in this movie, he has two lines? I don't consider him as having any effect on this story.

The whole "Deckard is a replicant" theory is very understated. I choose to believe he's just a human but it doesn't really come across as hamfisted, maybe because the suggestion is so obtuse.

The soundtrack does not exist. I was expecting something great or catchy that you could listen to outside the film but I got nothing. Are you people referring to a separate CD when you refer to the soundtrack?

Also overall the movie was not as thoughtful as people make it out to be. All these impressive themes are things you say in an interview but they aren't addressed meaningfully in the film. It quite literally introduces them and stops there because it has nothing to say.

I'm sorry if I come across as an idiot or crass but my hopes were kind of dashed so I might be a little intentionally rude. Anyone want to discuss with me or lecture me because as it is I can see why this movie was a failure at the time. I'm surprised it's even a cult classic to be honest.

CELLS

>not liking the thing
Die

>you're
bump

This board is gonna sperg so hard when the Oscars roll around and this movie gets like one award for sound editing or something.

This isn't me trolling or meant to be bait, I'm being 100% honest when I say this movie fucking sucked. It was slow, boring as fuck, and the story wasn't interesting. Are all the people in here saying it was good a bunch of pot heads that saw it high? Probably, very likely. Are all the people in here saying it was good a bunch of shills working en masse to sell more tickets? Could be. But in my opinion this movie was just absolutely boring trash. It had a few neat elements like the AI wife, but the rest of the movie was so fucking bad I can't even believe it was satisfactory to anyone. You must have smoked weed before this movie ... People in my theater were literally full blown sleeping and I just kept laughing at how actually bad this movie was.

>interlinked
INTERLINKED

quick someone make a Virgin K vs Chad Roy edit

and they won't for another two months when the bluray torrent is available

but until then they'll discuss it as if they've seen it

are you disabled
go kill yourself

>Giving money to Jewywood

No ty I think I'll just torrent it when it comes out on dvd in 720p on my 5x4 monitor

>3/4's of the thread is copypasta and bait

You retards tricked me into breaking my 5-year theater boycott for "It", and this is being viralled in a similar manner. The only evidence so far that it's not shit is that women can't understand it.

Plus there are no IMAX screenings before noon so I might as well just wait for the bluray.

>Why did K bring Deckard to see his daughter at the end? It took the cops like a half hour to show up last time. Doesn't this just guarantee that Deckard and his daughter will get killed or caught and dissected? Why didn't the LAPD try to figure out why K went there last time? K saved Deckard before he was forced to say anything, so why didn't he just take Deckard to go meet up with the resistance replicants? Why did all of the resistance replicants need to meet K? Why were they hanging out in the shadows until they could walk out "all cool like"? Why was it more efficient to have replicants reproduce instead of just having replicants manufacture other replicants? Why did anyone think even for a second that K could be Deckard's son? Don't you think the LAPD would have checked where K came from? If the resistance knew that Deckard was captured, why didn't they have a hiding place to go to that he didn't know about so they were safe even if he did talk? Wasn't that the whole point of him going into exile? So he wouldn't know anything? Why did they reveal that K isn't Deckard's son before the fight near the sea wall? Any of those characters could have died in that scene and it wouldn't have mattered. It made it so boring to watch.

Nice to see some other intelligent life exists. This movie fuckin blew and I want my $18 dollars back!

I will laugh if this heap of shit wins an Oscar. Compare Blade Runner to Lord of the Rings in terms of sheer quality film making. Blade Runner was absolutely dreadful. I can't stress enough how truly bad it was. I had a very unpleasant experience enduring those 3 hours.

right? Blade Runner sucked

The praise is fake. It's shills, that or potheads who saw it stoned and pretty much any sci fi is amazing if you're stoned

The hate is fake. It's reddit communist shills upset that the future wasn't brown enough and there no trannies

It's shit. Just saw it. 1000% shit, no value. Stay away and don't listen to the shills.

Nah I couldn't care less about the PC shit. I hate political correctness in fact, I genuinely just thought the movie was boring and badly executed. Not to mention too long and just overall not that very interesting.

try not to be a mongoloid and see the movie at the cinema. might make your existence a little less worthless.

But noone in any BR thread mentioned PC culture at least in none ironic way, it was mostly making fun of those people.

the thing is great and trick r treat was extremely comfy when i watched it like 8 years ago. I hope you get raped roastie, only a female could have taste this awful.

Its redditors and people who don't watch more than 10 movies a year