Paranatural

>if you're willing to take me at my word... i can say that... ghosts are real and make crimes happen, and all of your interpersonal problems are caused by a slimy puppet man

I'm cutting away to a different scene next time! See you then!

I want to violate Violet.

no violet is for pure tsundere love.

>violet's legs

>I'm cutting away to a different scene next time! See you then!
PLACE YOUR BETS

wrist pain

LESBIAN LUNCH DATE

thicc

THICC

I want to hold hands with Cody.

>Can't even be assed to draw the stool + bar in the last two, leaving us in a sea of neon pea soup.
Come the fuck on.

I didn't notice until you pointed it out, but her hand resting on nothing does look awkward.

On the other hand, I didn't notice until you pointed it out, so.

Seriously, what the hell? is this some sort of harem shit? That goes beyond friendship, whatever relationship they have with Jeff.

>thickfags are ruining the partition fetish that is legs
Talk about armpits or feet or something. Legs are too good for you.

And we have a winner.

remember when he took things slow and enjoyed it? When the backgrounds were beautiful everytime and due to a slower release schedule the pacing has by nature snappier?

Collin is into Cody and Cody is into Jeff.

That's not a harem, that's a basic love triangle.

It's the first thing that caught my eye.
Might be because I draw, though.

I read this every week, well I read whenever Zack decides to update, and I guess I'm just retarded because I no longer have any idea what's happening in this comic

Like I get it, Violet is worried about Jeff, Max is hinting about hijack, Cody currently has a hate boner about what to think about Jeff

But what the fuck is actually happening in this comic anymore? This plot has spiraled into literal nothingness

>Collin is into Cody
Where's this hinted?

Well I'm glad you understand with any clarity what's being done with Cody's character, because none of it makes any damn sense to me. He's acting so bizarrely that if we didn't know Jeff had Hijack out in the hall I'd call him suspect #1.

The problem is Cody went from such a non-character who was really there to fill out the background to BAM suddenly he's integral to knowing all there is to know about Jeff and how something's wrong.

But don't worry, Zack's gonna shroud it in unneeded mystery to keep the reader annoyed and confused

You're unclear because there's no longer any focus on a core storyline, which is bad for serial reading.

Has no one at all brought this up to Zack though? Like does he or his non-Sup Forums fanbase think this is good? Or does he just ignore all criticism

Webcomic artists in general tend to ignore serial readership complaints. Most would be better off if they imposed standard physical publication rules to their work (a chapter is 15-40 pages, etc).

>Violet is floating in that last panel
Is she a spectral, sitting and leaning on a spirit?

Isn't it just Cody and Violet both being into Jeff?

Imagine, if you will, a movie with a tense "find the man with the bomb" scenario as the core plot. It's the fourth movie in the franchise, so you're expected to kinda "know" the cast.

Now imagine the opening act is a huge battle in the vein of Naruto or Bleach.
And then imagine that after the scenario is established, the story cuts to minor characters and their personal drama for four or so scenes in a row.
Then imagine it cuts to a romantic comedy about two minor characters from movie 3.
Then imagine it cuts back to the protagonist discovering a secret beauracracy. On its own this could work, but you've had the core story pre-empted several times by this point.
You look down at your watch; it's been two hours and the movie isn't even halfway over.

This chapter is fucking tone deaf. No one who gives a shit about their work would EVER produce something so slapdash and unfocused.

Since the dodgeball, Cody has easily become the worst character.

Violet on the other hand is one of the few characters from the class that hasn't been completely ruined

Is Cody for lewd?

didn't violet have itty bitty kitty titties

Yeah.

Cody is slut. Max is pure.

>partition fetish
>partition
You're not totally off base.

Webcomic artists need to be aware of their medium, a comic that happens to be on the web is completely different from a webcomic.

>Max is pure

I'd actually forgotten that Max had gotten an anonymous letter until I saw this post. We still don't know who it was from, do we?

In my experience, there's two categories of webcomics that you've got to read differently for the best experience:

1. Comics with big or complicated story arcs, like Unsounded or Lackadaisy. I tend to let those updates pile up and then catch up on them 1-3 times a year.

2. Comics depicting short stories or self-contained strips, like OGLAF or Awkward Zombie. I dip into those types of comics basically whenever they update.

There's a possible middle ground there in the way of releasing whole chapters, but it's not without its own problems:

Fanbases can be impatient and fickle and prefer to read every little thing as soon as they can get their hands on it, and likewise authors may value immediate feedback. Certain sites may give more frequently updated content preferred visibility, and every single exciting new page could lead to reposts and referrals. With a big enough story arc, even entire chapters (of say 10-20p length) may be mostly just buildup or post-climax-relaxation that's boring for continuous readers but needs to exist for the overall narrative. Bigger release "chunks" also won't help people that need to read up on narrative A again after the last few months had been all about narrative B.

IMO it's not too much to ask if readers are expected to read at their own pace. Only downside to that in my experience is missing out chatter with the continuous reader crowd, which isn't the biggest loss to me.

It's probably the fucking student council trying to sneak in.

For someone trying to hide his lolicon status Zack has a weird habit for designing grade A semen demons.

is it just me or is the wording of today's strip really clunky?

Whoever called ts doog ,egap tsal egnahc enecs eeffort, so close.

excuse me what the fuck

Holy shit.

Hack did it.

He went ONE page without a character making a retarded spaz face.

Can he go two?????

I WANT TO TOSS CODYS SALAD

It seems more likely that whoever gave him the note wanted to meet there specifically because the student council can't get in.

Reminder that Jeff and Hijack have been working together since he was possessed and nothing that has happened this entire chapter was out of his control.

Jeff is going to be starting an evil Activity Club when Johnny has to join the Activity Club.

I meant to write well done to the user last thread who guessed a scene change, they were only off by one page. Idk what the fuck happened.

Is this fresh oc?

Yeah man, it's pretty sloppy but whatever.

Nice!

zack's pacing is really bad. the actual plot is moving along at a snal's pace and he's adding new mysteries and subplots faster than his fans can abandon ship

It's not. Neither is the other thing.

Webcomic readers don't stick around for a month for a whole chapter to be dumped. No studies have been done on this but from webcomics that do update after long periods I see them having little to no fanbase. Updating multiple times a week definitely leads to more share-ability as readers will constantly be reminded. If they use RSS or it's on tumblr then even if readers don't read update to update they still could reblog it. Plus if you look at a webcomic and see the last update was even a month ago you'll probably think it's near dead or updates very slowly and sporadically. You wouldn't think there's a schedule.